Is it the end? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Is it the end?

kapranos
03-12-2007, 03:32 AM
After his disastrous loss to an unknown lucky loser, many tennis experts start to wonder if it is the beginning of the end for Fed.

Sjengster
03-12-2007, 03:36 AM
At least one tennis ignoramus is evidently wondering the same thing.

scoobs
03-12-2007, 03:36 AM
It's the end of his Indian wells in the men's singles....

We can safely say that.

tripb19
03-12-2007, 03:39 AM
Federer doesn't end, he simply ceases to be.

trixtah
03-12-2007, 03:40 AM
i'm assuming tennis experts = 20 sided dice?

GlennMirnyi
03-12-2007, 03:43 AM
No, that's what tennis ignorants think right now.

blank_frackis
03-12-2007, 03:45 AM
...because he lost one match after 41 consecutive victories? Clearly it's the beginning of the end.

Kalliopeia
03-12-2007, 03:46 AM
Canas is unknown? :confused:

Anyway, lets' not get carried away. It's not the end of anything but his chances at Indian Wells this year.

Hurley
03-12-2007, 03:54 AM
Canas is many things...but I think one thing we can safely say he is not is "unknown."

sondraj06
03-12-2007, 03:55 AM
Canas is unknown? :confused:

Anyway, lets' not get carried away. It's not the end of anything but his chances at Indian Wells this year.

Oh no lets get carried away, if ever there were a perfect time for being carried away this is it.

Tomy
03-12-2007, 03:56 AM
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

"Unknown" lucky loser... Federer's "End"

Did you ever watch tennis??????
BTW, "tennis experts" surely work fast on their predictions, the match ended just 2 hours ago...

Flibbertigibbet
03-12-2007, 03:57 AM
Yes, my friends, the bubble of success has been popped by the needle that is Guillermo Canas. The resulting splash will affect the tour in proportions unbelievably huge, as the feigned splendor of the false king has been smashed away! Xristos, the throne is yours.

Tomy
03-12-2007, 03:58 AM
Oh, I'll spend the night reading the other 616 posts you made... this'll be fun!!!!

Mimi
03-12-2007, 05:05 AM
no way, he is only 25 not 35 :p

Merton
03-12-2007, 05:07 AM
This is the end
Beautiful friend
This is the end
My only friend, the end

Of our elaborate plans, the end
Of everything that stands, the end
No safety or surprise, the end
I'll never look into your eyes...again

Can you picture what will be
So limitless and free
Desperately in need...of some...stranger's hand
In a...desperate land

*Viva Chile*
03-12-2007, 05:09 AM
:singer:

That's great, it starts with an earthquake, birds and snakes, an aeroplane and Lenny Bruce is not afraid.
Eye of a hurricane, listen to yourself churn - world serves its own needs, dummy serve your own needs.
Feed it off an aux speak, grunt, no, strength, Ladder start to clatter with fear fight down height.
Wire in a fire, representing seven games, a government for hire and a combat site.
Left of west and coming in a hurry with the furies breathing down your neck.

Team by team reporters baffled, trumped, tethered cropped.
Look at that low playing! Fine, then.
Uh oh, overflow, population, common food, but it'll do.
Save yourself, serve yourself.
World serves its own needs, listen to your heart bleed dummy with the rapture and the revered and the right, right.
You vitriolic, patriotic, slam, fight, bright light, feeling pretty psyched.

It's the end of the world as we know it.
It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine.

Six o'clock - TV hour. Don't get caught in foreign towers.
Slash and burn, return, listen to yourself churn.
Locking in, uniforming, book burning, blood letting.
Every motive escalate. Automotive incinerate.
Light a candle, light a votive. Step down, step down.
Watch your heel crush, crushed, uh-oh, this means no fear cavalier.
Renegade steer clear!
A tournament, tournament, a tournament of lies.
Offer me solutions, offer me alternatives and I decline.

It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine.

The other night I dreamt of knives, continental drift divide.
Mountains sit in a line, Leonard Bernstein. Leonid Brezhnev, Lenny Bruce and Lester Bangs.
Birthday party, cheesecake, jelly bean, boom!
You symbiotic, patriotic, slam book neck, right? Right.

It's the end of the world as we know it. can't I have some time alone?
It's the end of the world as we know it can't I have some time alone? and I feel fine...fine...

It's the end of the world as we know it. can't I have some time alone?
It's the end of the world as we know it can't I have some time alone? and I feel fine...fine...

ServeAlready81
03-12-2007, 05:11 AM
Oh please, Canas has beaten Roger before....when he loses to Donald Young in the first round of a masters THEN we'll talk.

aussie_fan
03-12-2007, 05:12 AM
:lol: after losing his first ATP match since August, it's now the end of Federer. Geez, this was just a bad day for Federer, he'll bounce back in Miami.

Canas is unknown? He's well known.

ExpectedWinner
03-12-2007, 05:29 AM
The end of what? Did you declare your retirement from MTF in case of Fed's loss?

~EMiLiTA~
03-12-2007, 05:57 AM
lol nice one

corporalclegg
03-12-2007, 06:15 AM
What experts? Wait a minute... are you an expert?

No, Federer won't just all of a sudden stop winning. That being said, he MIGHT have a lull (people will start believing that if Canas can beat Federer, then surely they can) but he would regain his form.

Federer probably had that toe problem anyway, and he just didn't show how much it was REALLY bothering him. But then again, who knows until the interview comes out? And even then...

Fee
03-12-2007, 06:21 AM
After his disastrous loss to an unknown lucky loser, many tennis experts start to wonder if it is the beginning of the end for Fed.

I haven't slept well the past two nights. Can I have some of what you're smoking?

Kitty de Sade
03-12-2007, 06:24 AM
Oh please, Canas has beaten Roger before....when he loses to Donald Young in the first round of a masters THEN we'll talk.

:rolls:

Fed will be just fine. He had an off day- no cause for alarm.

kronus12
03-12-2007, 06:45 AM
kapranos what the hell are you smoking and what experts are you talking about?....sounds like someone is full of shit.
Great for Canas to win i actually was a fan of his before he got banned.
But the end of federer?...obvious you are either a hater or just someone who hasn't a clue about tennis. He's won 41 straight he loses one match and your so call experts are saying this is the end....i think wishful thinking from your part loser.

Andre♥
03-12-2007, 06:49 AM
A former Top 10 player is unknown... :haha:

calvinhobbes
03-12-2007, 07:01 AM
Yes. I´ve coincidentally found in my street´s corner a blind man with a huge poster in his chest. It reads: THE END IS NEAR.:D :D :D

refero*fervens
03-12-2007, 07:32 AM
:sobbing:

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.
Surely some revelation is at hand;
Surely the Second Coming is at hand. :eek:

my0118
03-12-2007, 07:44 AM
It's not the end of Fed.
It's the end of the gamblers who picked him the winner.

Allure
03-12-2007, 07:53 AM
:rolleyes:

Adler
03-12-2007, 08:41 AM
Oh come on...

Anyway, it's a strange tournament so far. Many upsets and all the options are open. Players that were good so far looked exhausted for me after one set, others pulled very difficult victories. Seems like the event got really interesting

uglyamerican
03-12-2007, 08:44 AM
:sobbing:

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.
Surely some revelation is at hand;
Surely the Second Coming is at hand. :eek:

Well played. That's one of my favorite poems.

Adler
03-12-2007, 08:49 AM
Wow, what a phenomenon. Federer lost a match and apparently all people became romantic

Kolya
03-12-2007, 08:50 AM
Who knows what the match has done to Roger mentally.

But I believe he will bounce back and train even harder.

uglyamerican
03-12-2007, 08:51 AM
And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the ways of the kings of the east might be prepared. And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet....And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Ar-ma-ged-don. And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne saying, It is done.

partygirl
03-12-2007, 08:56 AM
Oh yeah, just what we want....A federer with something to prove.:eek::scared::yeah:

Fed-Express
03-12-2007, 09:03 AM
Nice one lad.

Xristos
03-12-2007, 09:04 AM
Yes, my friends, the bubble of success has been popped by the needle that is Guillermo Canas. The resulting splash will affect the tour in proportions unbelievably huge, as the feigned splendor of the false king has been smashed away! Xristos, the throne is yours.

YEEESSS! I am indeed the hair to the throne..

refero*fervens
03-12-2007, 09:05 AM
Well played. That's one of my favorite poems.

:hatoff: Nice yourself.

Wow, what a phenomenon. Federer lost a match and apparently all people became romantic

:spit: When the MTF literati come out of the woodworks, you know it really is the end :sad:

Oh yeah, just what we want....A federer with something to prove.:eek::scared::yeah:

:devil:

oz_boz
03-12-2007, 10:23 AM
Broken record.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=76449

meninosantos
03-12-2007, 10:29 AM
lol last time Federer was beaten he won the US Open that was is next tournament

Nathaliia
03-12-2007, 10:54 AM
it's the end of federer, it's the beginning of xristos :armed:

Ivanatis
03-12-2007, 12:38 PM

nope
tennis wannabe experts

Chileno
03-12-2007, 01:51 PM
Easy vCash topic for kapranos? BTW, Cañas in not unknown.

cmurray
03-12-2007, 01:55 PM
Yep. Stick a fork in him.

:rolleyes:

Roger is going to mow through Miami without dropping a set. mark my words.

alfonsojose
03-12-2007, 02:01 PM

If u are a tennis expert, i adore pussy :p

uglyamerican
03-12-2007, 02:12 PM
One more reference...

"Höre! Höre! Höre!
Alles was ist, endet.
Ein düstrer Tag dämmer den Göttern"

It's Erda foretelling the end of the Gods in scene 4 of Das Rheingold.

DDrago2
03-12-2007, 02:19 PM
The whole meaning of this defeat is lost oportunity to break that awesome 30 years old record.

You can also say "the beggining of the end of Federer", but that end will last long and will be painful for you to watch since he will open asses of all of your favourite players

uglyamerican
03-12-2007, 02:20 PM
You can also say "the beggining of the end of Federer", but that end will last long and will be painful for you to watch since he will open asses of all of your favourite players

True.:lol:

adee-gee
03-12-2007, 02:22 PM
It could be the end for dancing Rasta :rocker2:

rosamunda
03-12-2007, 02:24 PM
I wasn't here when Murray beat him at Cincy. Was it as crazy as this back then??

uglyamerican
03-12-2007, 02:27 PM
It could be the end for dancing Rasta :rocker2:

I'd keep my dancing shoes on for now.

adee-gee
03-12-2007, 02:28 PM
I'd keep my dancing shoes on for now.
Dancing Rasta is getting tired :awww:

sondraj06
03-12-2007, 02:30 PM
The whole meaning of this defeat is lost oportunity to break that awesome 30 years old record.

Bahhh, oh today's post are a lot more colorful and hilarious(singing that) than yesterdays. Wow Fed fans really don't know how to handle defeat at this level. They've been conditioned to only wins. See this is what spoiling children will get you, parents remember this.

uglyamerican

the dirt is just around the corner

sondraj06

Oh adee I feel and end is at hand.

Dancing Hero
03-12-2007, 02:31 PM
Fed will accept a loss every 41/42 matches as long as he keeps collecting those Grand Slam trophies.

sondraj06
03-12-2007, 02:32 PM
Fed will accept a loss every 41/42 matches as long as he keeps collecting those Grand Slam trophies.

The question is can his fans except the losses? They are the ones we are really worried about here.

rosamunda
03-12-2007, 02:36 PM
The question is can his fans except the losses? They are the ones we are really worried about here.

This fan, though dressed in blackest black and in deep sorrow at this moment, feels at the same time a slight tinge of relief that he's finally lost one. It had to happen sooner or later - the suspense of waiting for the loss was killing me......:)

kapranos
03-12-2007, 03:06 PM
The tennis experts are now unanimous: Fed is not the favourite to win the French. Nadal leads the pack, followed by the hungry teenagers who're out there to take out Fed. One has to wonder if retirement is not knocking at the door.

rubsch
03-12-2007, 03:13 PM

Oh come on! He lost one match! One single match! And this shall be the beginning of the end?
There isn't any way to say something more stupid...
I guess the "experts" haven't ever watched tennis... :rolleyes:

alfonsojose
03-12-2007, 03:14 PM
The tennis experts are now unanimous: Fed is not the favourite to win the French. Nadal leads the pack, followed by the hungry teenagers who're out there to take out Fed. One has to wonder if retirement is not knocking at the door.

:haha: :haha:

rubsch
03-12-2007, 03:15 PM
This fan, though dressed in blackest black and in deep sorrow at this moment, feels at the same time a slight tinge of relief that he's finally lost one. It had to happen sooner or later - the suspense of waiting for the loss was killing me......:)

Yes ;) I was kind of feeling the same *lol*
Everyday waiting for some big headlines... because when he wins every time the headlines get smaller and the articles as well...

SushiMinimal
03-12-2007, 03:27 PM
I'd wish this is the end but is not.

There're only two kind of people who can beat federer; a teenager unconscious mind with an uncredible talent (djokovic, gasquet, berdych, etc..), or a superpowerful mind who doesn't know the meaning of giving up after a one-year-n-half rest by injury and a one-year-n-half rest by doping. This is canas, and nobody else.

I really think federer makes the difference with THE MENTAL THING. Or do you think he is way much talented than safin, djokovic, berdych or even malisse ?????? of course not.

rubsch
03-12-2007, 03:39 PM
Yes...
I actually think he is more talanted than Safin and so on...
Look at his variable game... There isn't any weakness in his game and he is really feeling the balls... Something you cant really say about safin... he only plays aggressiv without any tactics - fed is able to play clever...

And of course the mental thing makes it even harder to beat Fed...
But as you could see nothing is impossible ;)

DDrago2
03-12-2007, 04:15 PM

The tennis experts are now unanimous: Federer should be banned from tennis so kapranos can watch his favourites win

SushiMinimal
03-12-2007, 04:21 PM
I'd wish this is the end but is not.

There're only two kind of people who can beat federer; a teenager unconscious mind with an uncredible talent (djokovic, gasquet, berdych, etc..), or a superpowerful mind who doesn't know the meaning of giving up after a one-year-n-half rest by injury and a one-year-n-half rest by doping. This is canas, and nobody else.

I really think federer makes the difference with the mental thing. Or do you think he is way much talented than safin, djokovic, berdych or even malisse ?????? of course not.

And this is why I think federer would've be just more guy in top five in the nineties. In that age you could find a really MENTAL STRONG MAN players. The current top ten players GET SCARED in the crucial moments like a teenager girl in a dark alley. Again, he would've be just more guy in top five along with edberg, becker,courier, stich, chang, muster, agassi, rios and kafelnikov through those years. I can bet my heart and my soul on that.

Yesterday canas was a reminiscence of those nineties players.

Adler
03-12-2007, 04:25 PM
Unknown lucky loser? Gimme a break!

sondraj06
03-12-2007, 04:26 PM
The tennis experts are now unanimous: Federer should be banned from tennis so kapranos can watch his favourites win

No, but I do think Fed should be banned from tennis for other more important reason.

lets start a petition

sondraj06
03-12-2007, 04:29 PM
Unknown lucky loser? Gimme a break!

Or maybe you can stretch your request out to Canas, it seems he has enough to spare. Well with all the ones he was giving out fed yesterday. See good fortune comes to those who give

uglyamerican
05-10-2007, 04:55 PM
Dove'è la Vittoria?.
Le porga la chioma;
Chè schiava di Roma
Iddio la creò.

:p

CmonAussie
05-10-2007, 05:04 PM
FED`s ridiculous run of dominance may be at an end!!!

Don`t expect him to win 11-12 titles every year anymore!!

However his focus on the Slams may become even sharper!!

MariaV
05-10-2007, 05:07 PM
Oh NOOOO, Federer will never win a tennis match again! :help: :help: :help:
:rolls:

Thanos
04-05-2009, 02:20 AM
kapranos predicted the decline of federer :eek:

shotgun
04-05-2009, 03:33 AM
This post, coming from a genuine Federer fan, is also visionary:

Well done Canas! :yeah:

Federer haters have been waiting patiently for his downfall and now it's oficially begun :)

luie
04-05-2009, 04:04 AM
I predict the decline of nadal,murray,& fakervic, now all I have to do is wait a few years and I will be right.Well maybe not so long for some.