Federer playing his doubles match, his foot injury isn't life threatening after all!? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Federer playing his doubles match, his foot injury isn't life threatening after all!?

adee-gee
03-12-2007, 03:18 AM
:eek:

RickDaStick
03-12-2007, 03:20 AM
I will never understand your obsession with Club Fed.

neme6
03-12-2007, 03:21 AM
yeah I noticed that, what's he thinking? it doesn,t really make any sense, the trainer had to come 2 times in his match, he loses while playing just like an injured player and then plays the next match in doubles? what is going on?

adee-gee
03-12-2007, 03:22 AM
Likewise I will never understand your obsession with Nadal or Roddick.

Whatever floats your boat I guess :shrug:

Melvins
03-12-2007, 03:24 AM

Do you think that this an obsession?:rolleyes:

I'm surprised too! I think that his foot is not so good, but he is playing a doubles match after 1 hour of lose for Canas.:eek:

tangerine_dream
03-12-2007, 03:25 AM
Did Roger do his interview yet?

RickDaStick
03-12-2007, 03:26 AM
Did Roger do his interview yet?

yes and he said roddick sucks

justClaudia
03-12-2007, 03:27 AM
:rolls: so much for the 'he was injured' excuse.

nobama
03-12-2007, 03:28 AM
Did Roger say he was injured? :confused:

tangerine_dream
03-12-2007, 03:28 AM
yes and he said roddick sucks
You don't fool me! That was Ivan's interview, not Roger's. shoo!

CyBorg
03-12-2007, 03:29 AM
:rolls: so much for the 'he was injured' excuse.

You're absolutely right.

Canas is a million times better and that is why he won.

Thanks to chipping in.

adee-gee
03-12-2007, 03:29 AM
If Canas passes a drugs test, I wonder what the new excuse will be.....

Deivid23
03-12-2007, 03:30 AM
So after all, what Roger did was just gamemanship, oh well :lol:

scoobs
won't somebody please think of the children...

RickDaStick

Im sure you are smart enough to know you can pass a drug test and still be doping. Canas is a clever guy, he knows how to get it done.

cmurray
03-12-2007, 03:32 AM

Looks like we're going to have to take over this thread too. Our work is never done, I tell you.

justClaudia
Did Roger say he was injured? :confused:

No, he said nothing yet as far as I am concerned. Now, some fans ...well, well.

tangerine_dream

They should send Canas' pee bottle over to those L'Equipe cops. I hear they can nail just about anybody they want to for steroid use.

adee-gee
03-12-2007, 03:34 AM
Im sure you are smart enough to know you can pass a drug test and still be doping. Canas is a clever guy, he knows how to get it done.
Listen, I know being a Ljubotard is depressing. But I think you should reconsider this decision to become a Fedtard :)

Jade Fox
03-12-2007, 03:35 AM

Fuck the children won't somebody please think of the GROWNUPS, who frankly are tired of this name calling bullshit?:p :rolleyes:

justClaudia
03-12-2007, 03:35 AM
Canas is a million times better and that is why he won.

I think Roger might be slightly better, just a tiny bit. But if you say so. Whatever floats your, my dear.

trixtah
03-12-2007, 03:36 AM
Federer got injured and tanked from then on not to hurt himself.

I watched it, you pathetic dopetard. Federer tanked, he didn't move at a lot of reasonable Canas's shots, and was spraying simple groundstrokes like he hasn't done for years.

You're a moron. Federer had trouble walking

probably had trouble walking to the doubles court too huh?

:wavey: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry, couldn't resist making him look like an idiot

RickDaStick
03-12-2007, 03:37 AM
Listen, I know being a Ljubotard is depressing. But I think you should reconsider this decision to become a Fedtard :)

Fedtard? Eventhough i cant stand that dirty bastard Canas, i was hoping he would win today. I dont have a problem with Fed but its always a good day when he goes down.

trixtah
03-12-2007, 03:37 AM
Fedtard? Eventhough i cant stand that dirty bastard Canas, i was hoping he would win today. I dont have a problem with Fed but its always a good day when he goes down.

because it means ljubo is safe from a bagel hahahah

sondraj06
03-12-2007, 03:38 AM
Good day, how about beuatiful, wonderful, glorious.....day

The sun is shinning on rafa

didn't canas lose, oh sweet joy

RickDaStick
03-12-2007, 03:38 AM
because it means ljubo is safe from a bagel hahahah

Glad to see you saw Ljubo making the finals. Even im not that optimistic.

trixtah
03-12-2007, 03:39 AM
Glad to see you saw Ljubo making the finals. Even im not that optimistic.

after all the worthy seeds get taken out, SOMEONE has to play the final :D

Veronique
03-12-2007, 03:44 AM
All the hot players of late, Fed, Youzhny, Haas, have all been eliminated. At least Fed won the biggest prize of them all so far Down Under. Youzhny and Haas exhausted themselves in Mickey Mouse tourneys, only lose when it counts more.:rolleyes:

RickDaStick
03-12-2007, 03:45 AM
All the hot players of late, Fed, Youzhny, Haas, have all been eliminated. At least Fed won the biggest prize of them all so far Down Under. Youzhny and Haas exhausted themselves in Mickey Mouse tourneys, only lose when it counts more.:rolleyes:

What are you smoking? Haas hasnt even started his match yet.

trixtah
03-12-2007, 03:45 AM

Haas isn't out yet

sploush
03-12-2007, 03:47 AM

Haas didn't lose yet, he's going to play next!!!

R.Federer
03-12-2007, 04:08 AM
Awww, isn't that nice of him? He could have retired in his singles, and given up on his doubles. But he is soldiering on. It is nice to see that the guy can go down in flames and not try to make excuses (and withdrawing doubles would be an excuse)

Fedex
03-12-2007, 04:14 AM
Yes, probably, but lets not pretend this is the first time that its happenend in tennis history. GM will certainly treat it like it is though, which will lead us back to the whole "Roger is an arrogant prick" propaganda.

Veronique
03-12-2007, 04:15 AM
Haas didn't lose yet, he's going to play next!!!

Geez! So people are referring to Tommy Robredo. I assumed it was Tommy Haas. My excuses to his fans.

sondraj06
03-12-2007, 04:16 AM
Fedex are you psychic, your reading my mind hahaha

SwiSha
03-12-2007, 04:17 AM

LoL :lol:

Veronique
03-12-2007, 04:18 AM
Allegro is about to carry Federer to Victory over the Spaniards. LOL

Billabong
03-12-2007, 04:21 AM
Federer/Allegro won 6-4, 7-6(2) :)
Got broken only once, well done guys:yeah:

Federerhingis
03-12-2007, 04:21 AM
Allegro is about to carry Federer to Victory over the Spaniards. LOL

They won in the second set tiebreak. They were leading 4-0 before I could blink my eye. :tape:

Merton
03-12-2007, 04:29 AM
I don't know where the conjecture of an injury came from, Roger's footwork was sloppy but that doesn't mean he was injured. The first time out was an ankle re-taping and the second looked like a minor blister :shrug:

adee-gee
03-12-2007, 06:26 PM
Federer/Allegro won 6-4, 7-6(2) :)
Got broken only once, well done guys:yeah:
Amazing effort from Federer considering he was unable to walk just an hour earlier :worship:

Julio1974
03-12-2007, 06:36 PM

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Radek Stepanek
03-12-2007, 06:39 PM
NO, turns out he just sucks, just like I told you a million years ago.

NAHH just kidding, don't wet your knickers!

It is an amazing thing though. Federer losing to Canas with no actual excuse other than the opponent was better, or more realistically that he was resting on his title, and was maybe a little too self assured of his own talent?
UH HUH! I THINK SO!

amierin
03-12-2007, 06:43 PM
Did Fed withdraw from further doubles play at IW?

cmurray
03-12-2007, 06:44 PM
NO, turns out he just sucks, just like I told you a million years ago.

NAHH just kidding, don't wet your knickers!

It is an amazing thing though. Federer losing to Canas with no actual excuse other than the opponent was better, or more realistically that he was resting on his title, and was maybe a little too self assured of his own talent?
UH HUH! I THINK SO!

Oh Lord. Here we go.

Sunset of Age
03-12-2007, 06:47 PM
Awww, isn't that nice of him? He could have retired in his singles, and given up on his doubles. But he is soldiering on. It is nice to see that the guy can go down in flames and not try to make excuses (and withdrawing doubles would be an excuse)

Well said... :yeah:

Oh, and BTW, did Fed ever mention he was injured himself? I didn't see the match nor the presser, so perhaps I missed something. I did read he got treatment indeed, and as for that -
Blisters aren't a major injury that prevents you from being able to walk, but they do need treatment... and I guess that's what he got. No big deal at all.
Or am I taking the bait, here? ;)

Sunset of Age
03-12-2007, 06:48 PM
Oh Lord. Here we go.

Indeed. sigh. I'm out of here for a while I guess. Have fun, all of you! :wavey:

rosamunda
03-12-2007, 06:52 PM
Amazing effort from Federer considering he was unable to walk just an hour earlier :worship:

That's odd - I didn't see him trundled out in a wheelchair, and I don't think anyone said he couldn't actually walk. He himself said there were no problems, so why wouldn't/shouldn't he play the doubles? I do think it was a considerable mental effort, though - must have been the last thing he felt like doing. I know, I know, he's a professional and all that and should just get on with it, but it was still admirable, I think. And, seeing as they won, I imagine he didn't just stand on the court in a grump.

Ariadne
03-12-2007, 06:53 PM
Sarcasm dear. Sarcasm. ;)

Very subtle :retard:.

nobama
03-12-2007, 06:56 PM
Amazing how there were one or two people here who felt his feet had something to do with his loss and then it gets turned into this....:rolleyes:

cmurray
03-12-2007, 07:04 PM
Amazing how there were one or two people here who felt his feet had something to do with his loss and then it gets turned into this....:rolleyes:

Actually, there were quite a few posting over in the Canas def Fed thread who kept claiming that he was hurt and that's why he lost.

Obviously, I can't speak for anyone else, but personally I thought Roger was quite gracious. He never used blisters as an excuse, nor should he have. It almost makes me want to like him. Almost. ;)

adee-gee
03-12-2007, 07:22 PM
That's odd - I didn't see him trundled out in a wheelchair, and I don't think anyone said he couldn't actually walk. He himself said there were no problems, so why wouldn't/shouldn't he play the doubles? I do think it was a considerable mental effort, though - must have been the last thing he felt like doing. I know, I know, he's a professional and all that and should just get on with it, but it was still admirable, I think. And, seeing as they won, I imagine he didn't just stand on the court in a grump.

rosamunda
03-12-2007, 07:30 PM

I'm aware that you were being sarcastic......dear. A response depends on who's dishing it out, though, and why.;)

Dusk Soldier
03-12-2007, 07:46 PM
foot injuries are rarely "life threatening"

cmurray
03-12-2007, 07:56 PM
foot injuries are rarely "life threatening"

I believe Adam was being tongue-in-cheek.

CyBorg
03-12-2007, 07:59 PM
Fed clearly had a problem with his foot which affected his lateral movement - it threw his timing off completely.

Clearly he played right through it in the doubles match.

That being said, a lot of guys soldier on in matches in spite of foot problems - whether they twist their ankle a little bit or get a blister. Federer let it affect him and showed very little fight. He is a sum of his parts and when on part is affected even slightly he sometimes falls apart. He is no Connors in that respect.

That being said we can all agree that he was not 100%. I'm just wondering how he would have dealt with it if this happened to him at the French Open!

RonE
03-12-2007, 08:54 PM
:eek:

And I am sure that deeply disappoints you :awww:

nobama
03-12-2007, 09:34 PM
Actually, there were quite a few posting over in the Canas def Fed thread who kept claiming that he was hurt and that's why he lost.

Obviously, I can't speak for anyone else, but personally I thought Roger was quite gracious. He never used blisters as an excuse, nor should he have. It almost makes me want to like him. Almost. ;)Ok well I didn't read through that whole thread, but how many of them are really Fed fans/'tards'? I think the real fans accept he was outplayed and deserved to lose. Just like the man himself. He's turning you around.....slow but sure. ;)

cmurray
03-12-2007, 09:41 PM
Ok well I didn't read through that whole thread, but how many of them are really Fed fans/'tards'? I think the real fans accept he was outplayed and deserved to lose. Just like the man himself. He's turning you around.....slow but sure. ;)

I'd say there were at least 5 or 6 delusional tards who honestly believed that he was incapable of losing simply because he had a bad day. Amusingly, Roger himself has said that the retaping was no big deal and neither was the blister - they won't believe him.

As for him turning me around.....

:scared: :bolt:

:lol:

nobama
03-12-2007, 10:41 PM
I'd say there were at least 5 or 6 delusional tards who honestly believed that he was incapable of losing simply because he had a bad day. Amusingly, Roger himself has said that the retaping was no big deal and neither was the blister - they won't believe him.

As for him turning me around.....

:scared: :bolt:

:lol:I never said he'd turn you into a fan of his tennis....but maybe him as a person....you never know. ;)

Burrow
03-12-2007, 10:44 PM

Your obviously not a very clever guy and you don't know how to respect pro athletes.

cmurray
03-13-2007, 12:35 AM
I'm certainly a fan of Roger's person. :drool:

Is that what we're calling it now? 'Cuz I'd like to get to know Charly's "person" better......:aplot:

trixtah
03-13-2007, 12:38 AM
Is that what we're calling it now? 'Cuz I'd like to get to know Charly's "person" better......:aplot:

per·son /ˈpɜrsən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[pur-suhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
5. the actual self or individual personality of a human being: "You ought not to generalize, but to consider the person you are dealing with."

also: why isn't "Peoples" in this thread?!? >=)

cmurray
03-13-2007, 12:39 AM
I never said he'd turn you into a fan of his tennis....but maybe him as a person....you never know. ;)

In some ways, I already am. He isn't the arrogant swine I once thought him. And while I doubt I'll ever actively cheer for him, I don't dislike him like I once did....so maybe he has brought me 'round a bit????

Sunset of Age
03-13-2007, 12:41 AM
In some ways, I already am. He isn't the arrogant swine I once thought him. And while I doubt I'll ever actively cheer for him, I don't dislike him like I once did....so maybe he has brought me 'round a bit????

Heee, Cheryl! :wavey:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

cmurray
03-13-2007, 12:44 AM
Heee, Cheryl! :wavey:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

:nerner:

jk. :smooch:

Sunset of Age
03-13-2007, 12:47 AM
:ras:

jk. :smooch:

:nerner: :rolls: IW will be Rafa's!!! :yeah: ;)

cmurray
03-13-2007, 12:54 AM
:ras:

:nerner: :rolls: IW will be Rafa's!!! :yeah: ;)

I really hope he grabs onto this opportunity....he could use the confidence boost. There are still some contenders in there though - - Haas, Roddick, Murray, Fena...it sure makes for an interesting tournament now that Roger is out of the mix. I'm really looking foward to these results.

Sunset of Age
03-13-2007, 01:03 AM
I really hope he grabs onto this opportunity....he could use the confidence boost. There are still some contenders in there though - - Haas, Roddick, Murray, Fena...it sure makes for an interesting tournament now that Roger is out of the mix. I'm really looking foward to these results.

I fullly agree! I just witnessed Murray's match :eek: - now that will be a toughie for Raf, I think! Well, let's all keep out fingers crossed - Raf surely deserves a genuine confidence boost! :worship:

cmurray
03-13-2007, 01:07 AM
I fullly agree! I just witnessed Murray's match :eek: - now that will be a toughie for Raf, I think! Well, let's all keep out fingers crossed - Raf surely deserves a genuine confidence boost! :worship:

Yep. I'm liking me some Murray though. It's a nice game the young Scot has. If Raf has to lose to somebody, I'd want it to be Murray

Sunset of Age
03-13-2007, 01:11 AM
Yep. I'm liking me some Murray though. It's a nice game the young Scot has. If Raf has to lose to somebody, I'd want it to be Murray

Now here's a subject we definitely agree on!!! :yeah:

However UGLY Teh Haggis is - he's surely impressed me with his game lately. That said - please, please, let Raf win this one, no?
He so needs a victory lately!!! :hug:

Oops sorry. I'm derailing this thread~!

EDIT: Blaake's OUT!!! Well Raf - this is YOURS to take!!!

cmurray
03-13-2007, 01:16 AM
Now here's a subject we definitely agree on!!! :yeah:

However UGLY Teh Haggis is - he's surely impressed me with his game lately. That said - please, please, let Raf win this one, no?
He so needs a victory lately!!! :hug:

Oh, don't get me wrong...I NEVER cheer against Rafi - well, except when he played Andre (don't tell....I'll get kicked off of Vamos Brigade for treason). But I do like me some Murray. Sure, the kid is unattractive, but since he looks EXACTLY like my brother-in-law, I'm sorta used to it. A lot of Murrays must look like that is all I can say. :shrug:

Sunset of Age
03-13-2007, 01:21 AM
Oh, don't get me wrong...I NEVER cheer against Rafi - well, except when he played Andre (don't tell....I'll get kicked off of Vamos Brigade for treason). But I do like me some Murray. Sure, the kid is unattractive, but since he looks EXACTLY like my brother-in-law, I'm sorta used to it. A lot of Murrays must look like that is all I can say. :shrug:

I'm with you on the Haggis Bandwagon, as you know...
He may not be the most attractive of all, but the bloke has a fierce heart, and a game to match. YO! :worship:
Ya know, it's not just the external appearance that counts... :devil:

BTW - just one minute ago, yet another Piggy Roaster's out!!! :D

Rafa, Take. Indian. Wells. NOW!!!

Kalliopeia
03-13-2007, 01:25 AM

AHA. Caught you. :D

cmurray
03-13-2007, 01:26 AM
AHA. Caught you. :D

Damn. I know I can trust you, though Kalli. RIGHT?

Besides, I'll just deny I said it. :angel:

dkw
03-13-2007, 01:36 AM
There must be a God becasue I was having such a sh*tty day and now I find out Fed acutally lost a match and that just brightens up my entire afternoon :)

Jogy
03-13-2007, 01:44 AM
Federer is such a guy, he survives the foot blisters and wins in doubles only a bit later, WOW!
big sport :lol: :worship:

oz_boz
03-13-2007, 12:31 PM
Federer is such a guy, he survives the foot blisters and wins in doubles only a bit later, WOW!

If you think that is impressive, you should have seen Nadal in AO, he was running like crazy with a leg injury. :eek:

Deathless Mortal
03-13-2007, 01:25 PM
Federer never said he was injured and that that's why he lost the match. He said he thinks he played well and that Canas played awesome, and congratulate him on his win :shrug:

adee-gee
03-13-2007, 01:29 PM
:help:

RonE
03-13-2007, 01:58 PM

You are losing your faithful congregation :awww:

Pea
03-13-2007, 01:59 PM

He's also beaten haashole the last couple times with one leg!:eek:

bokehlicious
03-13-2007, 02:02 PM

No doubt you're the next rafatard to fall in love with Roga :hearts: :hug: :rocker: :o

mangoes
03-13-2007, 02:19 PM

:haha: :haha: We don't do excuses sweetcheeks. We leave that to the Rafatards.

Examples, AO

Nadal: He played well and deserves the win.

5 minutes later

Nadal: Yea, my famous arse was hurting so I couldn't run

:shrug: :shrug: Thank Goodness Roger didn't pull that crap..........

cmurray
03-13-2007, 05:48 PM

Sorry Adam.

Rest easy. I didn't say I liked him, just that I don't hate him. :p