How to beat Federer - Just Fight [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

How to beat Federer - Just Fight

Rafa = Fed Killa
03-12-2007, 02:29 AM
As I have always said a player can beat Federer if they don't show any fear.

Canas had the eye of the tiger and just fought without fear.

A fighter will always beat ballet tennis.

Snowwy
03-12-2007, 02:30 AM
Why do we need one of these every time Federer losses?

Headbump
03-12-2007, 02:35 AM

or play Fed when he has a flight to Miami monday morning.

martinatreue
03-12-2007, 02:36 AM

today was not "ballet tennis". Federer had 43 errors so that hardly counts as ballet. :o

Nalbandian!!!
03-12-2007, 02:39 AM
willy cañas is GLADIATOR

Rafa = Fed Killa
03-12-2007, 02:48 AM
Heart will always beat talent.

Hope the rest of the tour realizes you have to fight with your heart.

Voo de Mar
03-12-2007, 02:50 AM
Not many players have the lungs like Canas...

MisterQ
03-12-2007, 02:56 AM

Good pointe.

Headbump
03-12-2007, 03:02 AM
Nadal has heart and talent, but here we are in the 3rd month of season and Nadal has 0 titles, but according to RFK theory, Nadal should win every match he plays

switz
03-12-2007, 03:05 AM
yes a player has never fought against Federer in the last 40 matches he won :rolleyes:

The way to beat Federer is to play the best you can and hope he plays like crap. Canas played a great match and did everything he needed to win against a far from top notch Federer. Well done to him.

CyBorg
03-12-2007, 03:12 AM

I never thought of it that way. Brilliant analysis.

Mind-blowing actually. Amazing. Out of this world.

Federerhingis
03-12-2007, 03:13 AM
today was not "ballet tennis". Federer had 43 errors so that hardly counts as ballet. :o

I know I am not making any excuses Willie Canas won fair and square. Nonetheless, when does Federer have double digit numbers on the error count for both the forehand and backhand. Not very often, his game was very off just like during the Murray loss eight months ago, he never looked comfortable on court.

RickDaStick
03-12-2007, 03:19 AM
How to beat Fed? Stock up on syringes and shoot away!

neme6
03-12-2007, 03:24 AM
I think we should make a thread about how to get you out from this forum, seriously your obcession with Federer's losses and your hatred over him is too much, get a life!

tangerine_dream
03-12-2007, 03:27 AM
Good pointe.
Q strikes again :haha:

Fedex
03-12-2007, 03:48 AM

Oh, look here, the prick comes back just as soon as Federer loses a match. :rolleyes: Yes, all you need to be to beat Federer is a fighter; perhaps Muhammed Ali should play against Federer? Federer played horribly, while Canas played a good solid match, and therefore he deserved to lose.

Flibbertigibbet
03-12-2007, 03:51 AM

Hey, what happened to the Aussie Open bet? Got the wrong year?

sondraj06
03-12-2007, 03:52 AM
Why do we need one of these every time Federer losses?

Um have you seen the threads that pop up every time rafa losses. It's only fair, I'm all about equality

sondraj06
03-12-2007, 03:54 AM
yes a player has never fought against Federer in the last 40 matches he won :rolleyes:

The way to beat Federer is to play the best you can and hope he plays like crap. Canas played a great match and did everything he needed to win against a far from top notch Federer. Well done to him.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

To this hole post, because the only way to beat fed is if he plays like crap, of course the 6 games he lost to rafa, he played like crap. Simple answers to simple question

how does the best ever lose=play like crap

Magus13
03-12-2007, 04:23 AM

You hear that ATP players. Show no fear and you will beat Fed. Just fight and you will dethrone the world number 1 and ten time Grand Slam Champion. It has bean your fear and not his talent this whole time that has propelled him to greatness. Fed is done now that the secret is out.

TennisLurker
03-12-2007, 04:29 AM

Yes, I think I can beat Federer if we fist fight

Polikarpov
03-12-2007, 05:40 AM
That can be said about any other player.

What happened to the bet?

Mimi
03-12-2007, 05:46 AM
so true :D
Um have you seen the threads that pop up every time rafa losses. It's only fair, I'm all about equality

corporalclegg
03-12-2007, 06:03 AM
Federer lost on purpose, it's quite obvious. Think about it. If Federer had kept winning every single title he plays with big prize money, the other players wouldn't earn much, would they? He probably feels a little guilty for not letting other players earn money.

bedfordfalls8000
03-12-2007, 07:37 AM
Difference is Murray was choking...and still won
Canas did not choke....
His pills include some Anti-Choking agent, not to mention others....

Adler
03-12-2007, 08:47 AM
OK, lets treat this thread seriously...

Fighting is not enough. Many of guys put up a fight against Roger and they don't achieve a lot. Some of them couldn't even hide it (Roddick at AO SF)
Losses sometimes happen, that's how it is. Last year he lost in Cincy and look what happened next

General Suburbia
03-12-2007, 08:53 AM
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

To this hole post, because the only way to beat fed is if he plays like crap, of course the 6 games he lost to rafa, he played like crap. Simple answers to simple question

how does the best ever lose=play like crap
Because his losses that weren't crap were played on clay. Against Nadal. And it doesn't matter if Federer is the best ever. He's still human, and everybody has their off days.

RonE
03-12-2007, 09:59 AM

Yes which is exactly why you had no heart to take a lost bet like a man and honour it.

Willy fully deserved this win, he took Roger out of his comfort zone but you need substantial game as well as heart and Willy has both.

almouchie
03-12-2007, 10:06 AM
its sounds simple
not many can or do it in fact in a match

when Federer is rattled on court, simply not comfortable
that is as good a chance to beat him as there is
unless ur nadal. then u have a better chance than most

Fed-Express
03-12-2007, 10:10 AM
A beautilful mind you have.

Modetopia
03-12-2007, 10:36 AM
Easier said than done.:p

Rafa = Fed Killa
11-25-2008, 02:28 AM

Simon has proven this in 2008

scarecrows
11-25-2008, 04:53 AM

sondra :haha:

Serenidad
11-25-2008, 08:50 PM
perhaps Muhammed Ali should play against Federer?

FRED def Tsonga 2008 Madrid. :hearts:

flexeter
11-25-2008, 11:42 PM
Somehow I got that strange feeling that RFK doesn´t like Federer.

Bernard Black
11-26-2008, 08:37 AM
I see parallels between Federer and Apollo Creed from the Rocky films. Arrogant bum is a paper champion and goes down against anyone who shows heart against him.

Commander Data
11-26-2008, 01:18 PM
As I have always said a player can beat Federer if they...

inject him Mono....:D

or alternatively:

Wait until he sucks.

Rafa = Fed Killa
09-12-2011, 12:49 AM
Stand up and fight :D Then Fed will fall

Remember - bullies like Fed back down when someone stands up to them

SetSampras
09-12-2011, 01:01 AM
Well first thing u need is talent.. But yes.. Fed hates those who impose their will on him, never give in and keep going at him.. Kind of like Rocky against Ivan Drago.

Fed's a top talent but you break that exterior and you got him.. Nadal has been doing it for years now. Finally when Nole got a strong brain he began doing it

abraxas21
09-12-2011, 03:14 AM

what you dont realize is that "heart" and talent aren't incompatible.

Everko
09-21-2011, 03:26 PM
Classic thread. Its true all the way through. History has shown that if a warrior is willing to fight he will beat Federer, he crumples when a played does not crumple for him.

Orka_n
09-21-2011, 05:14 PM
How to beat Nadal - Don't choke

:shrug:

nsidhan
09-21-2011, 05:24 PM
inject him Mono....:D

or alternatively:

Wait until he sucks.

Haha...agree :yeah:

Acer
09-21-2011, 05:27 PM
Pure genius this thread? Did you figure it out all by yourself? Your mum must be so proud.

ZakMcCrack
09-21-2011, 06:28 PM
Classic thread. Its true all the way through. History has shown that if a warrior is willing to fight he will beat Federer, he crumples when a played does not crumple for him.

A warrior who ceases to fight by implication ceases to be a warrior.:confused:

heya
09-22-2011, 12:00 AM
federer will choke unless opponents sucked like flaming federer gayboys.

TBkeeper
09-22-2011, 06:21 AM
i don't understand this thread
how to beat Federer - Just Fight
so ..... Davydenko doesn't fight at all ?

Jaz
09-22-2011, 06:33 AM
You have to fight for every point.
You have to have some luck.
You need to be aggressive.
And you need to be fucking good...

Frankly if you did that you would beat any player. Duh.

MuzzahLovah
09-22-2011, 07:08 AM
i don't understand this thread
how to beat Federer - Just Fight
so ..... Davydenko doesn't fight at all ?

Honestly, the thread is ridiculous. Hewitt, with his relatively modest abilities and physical stature, only ever reached #1 and those championships through tremendous grit and heart. He always fights til the bitter end against Fed, even though he hasm't won in in such a long time. Sometimes he manages a set or two, but Fed is just more talented, has more variety and is more confident against him. Heart isn't the issue.

TBkeeper
09-22-2011, 07:16 AM
for me play with Brain >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> play with Heart

Pirata.
09-22-2011, 07:58 AM
MTF at its best.

Benny_Maths
09-22-2011, 08:14 AM
You have to fight for every point.
You have to have some luck.
You need to be aggressive.
And you need to be fucking good...

Frankly if you did that you would beat any player. Duh.

That's exactly right. Given the premise of this thread I'm surprised that no one has said something like 'you can beat Federer by not losing to him, it's that simple'.

Asadinator
09-22-2011, 08:31 AM
Just wondering, has anyone beat Federer with a finess game? Because I think all the recent guys to beat him have been hard hitters. The only person I can think of is Murray.

Iván
09-22-2011, 09:52 AM
ferrer is one of the biggest fighters on tour and look at his h2h

Sophocles
09-22-2011, 10:42 AM

Ah, but he doesn't fight against Federer because he's in love with him.

Or something.

Wibble.

Commander Data
09-22-2011, 10:53 AM
As I have always said a player can beat Nadal if they don't show any fear.

Nole had the eye of the tiger and just fought without fear.

A talented player will always beat a Spartan.

Egreen
09-22-2011, 01:04 PM

This.

Haelfix
09-22-2011, 01:20 PM
How to beat Federer prereqs.

1) You have to be one of the all time great players, or at least have an all time great talent level.
2) It helps to catch him after the age of 25.
3) It helps to play him on his least favorite surfaces (eg clay).
4) Expect that regardless, you are going to be looking at a grueling 4 or 5 setter, possibly with multiple match points or quasi match points against you.
5) You probably need to get lucky at some point during the match to mess with his concentration.
6) It helps if you catch him on an off day.

Other than that, yes it helps to fight!

heya
09-22-2011, 08:39 PM
rodduck's no hero, but federer got lucky because rodduck was out
of control mentally and physically aging and stiff
as a cardboard box.
murray's not an all time great, but he destroyed federer in 2006.
simon troubled federer despite having little strength. he is
very inconsistent and physically fragile - he handed federer the australian open 5 setter on a platter.
30 year old pat rafter was not always strong, but he knew how to beat federer at 21 years old. agassi had no weapon to stop his choking between '03 & '05.

shiaben
09-22-2011, 08:57 PM
Keep attacking the backhand to the point where he gets frustrated and tries to run around it to hit a forehand then ends up shanking it :D

MuzzahLovah
09-22-2011, 08:59 PM
Just wondering, has anyone beat Federer with a finess game? Because I think all the recent guys to beat him have been hard hitters. The only person I can think of is Murray.

Yeah, Murray is the only I've seen- that also might be because Murray is stronger, taller and faster than Federer or the other finesse players. Federer eats up people like Gasquet or Santoro. Unlike them, Murray can switch to wall mode or basher mode if his finesse, cat and mouse stuff misfires. It's a big ask to consistently out finesse Fed, especially over an entire match.

DJ Soup
09-23-2011, 12:36 AM

Nalbandian

mark73
09-23-2011, 05:09 AM
Honestly, the thread is ridiculous. Hewitt, with his relatively modest abilities and physical stature, only ever reached #1 and those championships through tremendous grit and heart. He always fights til the bitter end against Fed, even though he hasm't won in in such a long time. Sometimes he manages a set or two, but Fed is just more talented, has more variety and is more confident against him. Heart isn't the issue.

The op is certifiably retarded. What do you expect?
I guess if I just fight I'll beat fed in his world. :smash:

Ibracadabra
09-23-2011, 05:10 AM
Another viable gameplan would consist of hitting 48 consecutive winners.

mark73
09-23-2011, 05:16 AM

Oh goody another certifiable retard agrees with the retard that started the thread.

Rafa = Fed Killa
09-24-2011, 05:09 AM
Oh goody another certifiable retard agrees with the retard that started the thread.

Nole showed how fighting like a man beats down a little ballet dancer you clown.

The light shines on.

EddieNero
09-24-2011, 08:46 AM
Djokovic has also shown how to mop a spartan 6 times in a row just bouncing the ball on the other side of the court.

pray-for-palestine-and-israel
09-24-2011, 08:53 AM
yeah david ferrer always owned roger

.................... *tsk *tsk

nalbyfan
09-24-2011, 12:45 PM
When Montanes beat goat cheese in Estoril, he had just to wait the next error...it's a good way to beat him : just let him make a ton of errors !!

eduggs
09-24-2011, 06:48 PM
"Fighting" or never giving up gives you the best chance to defeat any player. That is almost self evident. And in the SF of a slam, both players are essentially fighting from the very first point.

Djokovic was fighting with everything he had in the 2nd set, but it wasn't enough. The way Federer was playing, he would have beaten anybody in the world. Maybe anybody who's ever played. Execution always beats fight. But they are of course integrally related - you need to fight and play well to win. For as great as Novak played and as hard as he fought, he still nearly lost - and probably should have lost. "Fight" didn't win the match for Novak. Ruthless consistency and precision with flashes of brilliance plus a bit of luck won him the match. After Federer broke Djokovic to love to make it 5-3, the energy of the crowd and all the momentum was on Federer's side. The fabulous 40-15 match point return turned the dynamics of the match - and the universe - completely on its head. Had Federer doubled faulted instead of making his 1st serve, Federer almost certainly would have won the match. And the conclusion would then be that fighting is no match for a player who plays out of his mind.

Alex999
09-24-2011, 06:58 PM
"Fighting" or never giving up gives you the best chance to defeat any player. That is almost self evident. And in the SF of a slam, both players are essentially fighting from the very first point.

Djokovic was fighting with everything he had in the 2nd set, but it wasn't enough. The way Federer was playing, he would have beaten anybody in the world. Maybe anybody who's ever played. Execution always beats fight. But they are of course integrally related - you need to fight and play well to win. For as great as Novak played and as hard as he fought, he still nearly lost - and probably should have lost. "Fight" didn't win the match for Novak. Ruthless consistency and precision with flashes of brilliance plus a bit of luck won him the match. After Federer broke Djokovic to love to make it 5-3, the energy of the crowd and all the momentum was on Federer's side. The fabulous 40-15 match point return turned the dynamics of the match - and the universe - completely on its head. Had Federer doubled faulted instead of making his 1st serve, Federer almost certainly would have won the match. And the conclusion would then be that fighting is no match for a player who plays out of his mind.
Ok, blah blah. He should have lost for sure ;). But, hey he didn't. Do you understand? :wavey:

Clay Death
09-24-2011, 07:04 PM
as far as i am concerned, fed had 2 really bad losses this year. he should have won both of those matches.

the one with nole at the u.s. open was in the bag already and he let it get away from him. he lost focus and nole capitalized with greater focus and determination.

and of course he should have been able to take tsonga down after having captured the first 2 sets at wimby.

eduggs
09-24-2011, 07:16 PM
Ok, blah blah. He should have lost for sure ;). But, hey he didn't. Do you understand? :wavey:

What are you, 12? I wasn't writing about winning vs. losing. Winner gets the glory. Enough said. I was talking about the notion of "fighting." You don't win with fight alone. You have to execute your strategy and your shots as well. At 5-3 in the 5th, Novak was done fighting. But he hit a spectacular return from the brink of defeat, took energy from the crowd, and plays superbly from then on.

Alex999
09-24-2011, 07:35 PM
What are you, 12? I wasn't writing about winning vs. losing. Winner gets the glory. Enough said. I was talking about the notion of "fighting." You don't win with fight alone. You have to execute your strategy and your shots as well. At 5-3 in the 5th, Novak was done fighting. But he hit a spectacular return from the brink of defeat, took energy from the crowd, and plays superbly from then on.
please. I'm 11 yo. I hope I'll grow up to be as smart as you are.

Hey, guess what? Novak won the USO.

OK, listen. Novak kept fighting. Man, I've been watching tennis since late 70s. Give me a break. What is your point? You have to execute your strategy? Right. How do you do that? If you are so smart you might be able to coach Nole, Rafa and Fed.

Novak was never done fighting. You fight till the end. That is what true champions do. That's how you win.

Just like heaven
09-25-2011, 01:16 PM
I thought it's "Hit to his backhand".