><NO more TITLES for:~Kuerten, Henman, Ferrero, Moya, Safin??. & Great Careers OVER?? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

><NO more TITLES for:~Kuerten, Henman, Ferrero, Moya, Safin??. & Great Careers OVER??

CmonAussie
03-11-2007, 04:55 AM
:sad: :sad: :sad:
>>>
Kuerten: ~20-titles [3-Slams], last win Feb 2004

Henman: 11-titles, last win Oct 2003

Ferrero: 11-titles [1-Slam], last win Oct 2003

Moya: 19-titles [1-Slam], last win Feb 2006

Safin: 15-titles [2-Slams], last win Jan 2005

>>>
Collectively these five guys have 76-titles [7-Slams] & yet in the last 12-months they haven`t got a single MM title between them:eek:
So have we seen the last from these five champs:confused:
Will any of them ever win anything again:confused:

trixtah
03-11-2007, 05:31 AM
here we go again. another chance for you to talk about hewitt.

aramis
03-11-2007, 05:47 AM
Safin is Safin...he can do anything at any given moment.

Ferrero still has a lot of hope because he is playing with a lot more confidence this year (in fact he is currently beating the sh*t out of Florian Meyer right now). Playing in South America has helped his confidence a lot and his forehand is becoming very lethal again.

The other three are finished, sadly. Although I would love to see Kuerten make a deep run at RG and Henman at Wimbledon this year.

CmonAussie
03-11-2007, 05:49 AM
here we go again. another chance for you to talk about hewitt.

:rolleyes: :confused: :confused:
>>>
What are you talking about??
What`s Hewitt got to do with this??

Kuerten hasn`t won a tourney for 3-years
Henman hasn`t won a tourney for 3.5-years
Ferrero hasn`t won a tourney for 3.5-years
Safin hasn`t won a tourney for 2-years
Moya hasn`t won a tourney for 13-months

...All superstars
...All in their late 20s
...All very popular on MTF
...Not a single title amongs them in 12-months & quite a bit more for the first few..

Question was: will any of thes champs win another title again:confused:

Oh sorry that`s right~> I`m not alluding to Hewitt I`m actually alluding to Jesus Federer, no sorry it`s Rafa`s slump, no sorry it`s Mr.Disney`s pact with Blake, no sorry it`s Canas`s controversial drug suspension:eek:

Give me a break:p

CmonAussie
03-11-2007, 05:51 AM
Safin is Safin...he can do anything at any given moment.
Ferrero still has a lot of hope because he is playing with a lot more confidence this year (in fact he is currently beating the sh*t out of Florian Meyer right now). Playing in South America has helped his confidence a lot and his forehand is becoming very lethal again.

The other three are finished, sadly. Although I would love to see Kuerten make a deep run at RG and Henman at Wimbledon this year.

:wavey:
I agree with you;)
>>>
Safin can do it again & he will:cool: ...Question of when not if with him:devil:

aramis
03-11-2007, 05:55 AM
Yeah, Safin is like a volcano. He may be dormant right now at this moment, but he is sure to erupt eventually.

BlakeorHenman
03-11-2007, 06:22 AM
I think Tim will either retire very soon or last another couple of years and have one or two more MM tourneys in him.

Ferrero Forever
03-11-2007, 07:28 AM
Theres hope in my opinion for 3 out of these 5.

Ferrero's next title is coming soon, I've got a feeling it's gonna be on hard and not clay, but he's gonna do it. He's been kicking ass this year

Moya will win one or two more I think. He's not through yet

Safin will win one when his head is in the right place and he actually has the determination.

Sorry, but in my opinion Henman and Kuerten aren't going to win anything else.

Kolya
03-11-2007, 07:39 AM
Ferrero, Moya and Safin all have titles left in them.

jazar
03-11-2007, 11:21 AM
sadly i fear guga will never win another tournament, unless its a challenger.
henman might win a lower level tournament, but he is on his way down.
ferrero could win another tournament, if he gets it together for more than 2 matches in a row.
moya can still win titles on clay.
safin can do whatever the hell he wants whenever he wants. he will easily win more titles

AnnaK_4ever
03-11-2007, 12:15 PM
Moya and Ferrero can win one more MM title. Henman, Kuerten and Safin all are finished as contenders.

Deathless Mortal
03-11-2007, 12:17 PM
Safin is not over yet.

Burrow
03-11-2007, 12:32 PM
Of course safin is not over yet, Tim showed some good form later part of last year and he was playing very, very good. He is not over either.
Moya is questionable, he could win 5 more titles if he set his mind to it, but I reckon he will scrape another 1 or 2.
Ferrero will never be a serious threat again although he will win a few more tournaments.
Kuerten is showing a bit better form of recent, but i highly doubt he will win another tournament, but I hope he proves me wrong.

CmonAussie
03-11-2007, 12:39 PM
My honest gut feeling is this:

*Safin: ~3 more titles
*Moya: ~1 more title
*Ferrero: ~2 more titles

Henman & Kuerten are done:>> however as soon as they join the Seniors Tour they could well dominate there!!

Norrage
03-11-2007, 12:49 PM
I feel Ferrero has the most left in the tank. I may see Safin winning just one title somewhere, but nothing big...but Ferrero is still pretty young and his slump is really strange...And he himself keeps saying he is playing well despite losing..So someday he will get his act together I hope :)

Henman and Kuerten are finished...they might reach a final somewhere but I dont see them winning any...Moya was close a few weeks back so I reckon he wins a MM somewhere.

Burrow
03-11-2007, 12:51 PM
I feel Ferrero has the most left in the tank. I may see Safin winning just one title somewhere, but nothing big...but Ferrero is still pretty young and his slump is really strange...And he himself keeps saying he is playing well despite losing..So someday he will get his act together I hope :)

Henman and Kuerten are finished...they might reach a final somewhere but I dont see them winning any...Moya was close a few weeks back so I reckon he wins a MM somewhere.

Ferrero is 27, the same age as Safin. Safin can definately achieve more than Ferrero I feel, Safin can do anything, anywhere at any time.

Norrage
03-11-2007, 12:54 PM
Ferrero is 27, the same age as Safin. Safin can definately achieve more than Ferrero I feel, Safin can do anything, anywhere at any time.

Says a Safin-fan....but I get what you are saying...I just feel Safin has achieved enough really in his own opinion...I feel Ferrero doesn't feel complete yet...I really give him a bigger chance...

AnnaK_4ever
03-11-2007, 01:11 PM

He COULD do anything. But not anywhere (i.e. on grass or IW, Miami, Rome Masters) and not any time (he never had good results on February, March, June, and July).
Now he can't even break into Top-20 having played full 12 months schedule including all 4 Slams and all 9 Masters.

Please, no-one doubts he has been a great player but he is not anymore.

Nathaliia
03-11-2007, 01:14 PM
To avoid further creating of similar threads on this topic, the tournaments like Bucharest, Chennai, Las Vegas have been created.

As for Safin, we also can add some of the masters events and the grand slams to the list.

PS. for me, posting here is not a chance to talk about Hewitt, but a chance to point out I am in Scotland now, and also would love to add that a person named Al Murray has a TV show and it's absolutely stupid, as far as I understand Scottish language :)

Boris Franz Ecker
03-11-2007, 01:32 PM
Safin is done. He already has achieved his best form and it's only enough to be around no 10 in the world. He won't go much higher and he surely won't win another Grand Slam title (alone for the fact that Federer is simply too good). He might win some smaller titles.
But he won't surpass Kafelnikov as Russia's greatest player.
And that's a shame, because Safin should have achieved that at least. It won't happen.

CmonAussie
03-11-2007, 01:34 PM
To avoid further creating of similar threads on this topic, the tournaments like Bucharest, Chennai, Las Vegas have been created.:eek: :eek:
As for Safin, we also can add some of the masters events and the grand slams to the list.

PS. for me, posting here is not a chance to talk about Hewitt, but a chance to point out I am in Scotland now, and also would love to add that a person named Al Murray has a TV show and it's absolutely stupid, as far as I understand Scottish language :)

You seem to think these guys can win MM titles [a la Chennai, Las Vegas etc.] whenever they want:confused:

None of these guys have won even an MM title in over 12-months
>>>
Ferrero, Henman & Kuerten haven`t won an MM title in over 3-years:eek:

Point is: ~~ it`s not easy for these former greats to win anywhere anymore:sad:

They`ll take any win they can get, but there`s no gurantee they`ll get anything again><...

AnnaK_4ever
03-11-2007, 01:37 PM
Safin is done. He already has achieved his best form and it's only enough to be around no 10 in the world. He won't go much higher and he surely won't win another Grand Slam title (alone for the fact that Federer is simply too good). He might win some smaller titles.
But he won't surpass Kafelnikov as Russia's greatest player.
And that's a shame, because Safin should have achieved that at least. It won't happen.

We don't make these stupid '10 best' or 'GOAT' lists in Russia. I've never heard on our TV or read on our press discussions of who is greater...

Black Adam
03-11-2007, 01:38 PM
Guga might get a small Claycourt title and if he manages, to be fully fit by the time FO comes around he might do his magic again.

Nathaliia
03-11-2007, 01:38 PM
I didn't say 'win whenever they want' but 'win'.

Plus, numbers don't speak to me. Arthurs hasn't won a tournament for 33 years or something, and then he did. Where? In a MM in Scottsdale.

Do I really need to add more, like that Arthurs is one in a million and absolutely superior to Moya, Ferrero or Safin?

Nathaliia
03-11-2007, 01:40 PM
Guga might get a small Claycourt title and if he manages, to be fully fit by the time FO comes around he might do his magic again.

If Guga keeps practising hard and really wants it, he should win a Vina Del Mar or something. Or hmm, when RR is kept :p maybe even will get a Di Mauro in the final.

Jimnik
03-11-2007, 01:41 PM
Safin will win another indoor title and Ferrero will probably win another clay title. I could see Moya winning another MM title, maybe Estoril.

Boris Franz Ecker
03-11-2007, 01:46 PM
We don't make these stupid '10 best' or 'GOAT' lists in Russia. I've never heard on our TV or read on our press discussions of who is greater...

Sure, the question is irrelevant, Kafelnikov is greater.

crouching
03-11-2007, 01:57 PM
Moya and Ferrero are good for at least one or two more MM clay titles, either in the South American circuit or post-Wimbledon. Moya may even be good for a MM hardcourt title if the draw falls into place.

Safin is Safin, as everyone else says. If his mind shows up and stays with him for a week or two weeks, he can pick up a MM, moderate, Masters or maybe even a Slam title.

Henman shows up at the Newport 'challenger', he should wipe the field. But he won't show up. He doesn't even play Nottingham pre-Wimbledon. Maybe he's good for a small indoor or hardcourt title, but who knows?

Unfortunately, I feel that Guga is done.

AnnaK_4ever
03-11-2007, 02:34 PM
Sure, the question is irrelevant, Kafelnikov is greater.

You still don't get the point? :rolleyes:

Burrow
03-11-2007, 02:42 PM
He COULD do anything. But not anywhere (i.e. on grass or IW, Miami, Rome Masters) and not any time (he never had good results on February, March, June, and July).
Now he can't even break into Top-20 having played full 12 months schedule including all 4 Slams and all 9 Masters.

Please, no-one doubts he has been a great player but he is not anymore.

If he hits good form of course he could, he has a game that can play well on grass, big serve, heavy groundstrokes, decent volleying. He done well in 2001 played a close match vs Goran. Indian wells and Miami?? He can play well on hardcourt, we know what he can do there. Indian wells was playing medium pace yesterday, which suits Marat. 12 months full schedule coming back from injury, yes. That is very different than playing a full schedule full fitness, Safin will show us what he can do soon.

AnnaK_4ever
03-11-2007, 02:42 PM
Safin is Safin, as everyone else says. If his mind shows up and stays with him for a week or two weeks, he can pick up a MM, moderate, Masters or maybe even a Slam title.

It's not the matter of his 'mind' or will. It's the matter of his physical abilities which are very limited after knee injury. He is too slow and therefore plays too passive to compete with most of Top-30 players. The only surface where he still can pick up a small title is clay, imo. On fast or medium-paced surfaces Marat will be outhitted and outplayed pretty easily unless his opponent makes dozens UE.

Boris Franz Ecker
03-11-2007, 02:45 PM
[QUOTE=AnnaK_4ever;5009190]You still don't get the point? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE Why discuss something that's obvious?

AnnaK_4ever
03-11-2007, 02:49 PM
[QUOTE=AnnaK_4ever;5009190]You still don't get the point? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE Why discuss something that's obvious?

It's far from obvious.
Safin's been ranked No.1 for longer, played more Slam finals, won 5 Masters to zero for Kafelnikov, won 2 Davis Cups to 1 for Kafelnikov.
Of course, Evgeny won Olympics which is considered very big achievement in Russia...

And, btw, if you wanna know Sharapova is the best ever Russian tennis player...

tripb19
03-11-2007, 03:11 PM
Henman, Moya and Ferrero are done in my opinion. I have faith that the other two can pull something out, although Guga love means complete and utter bias.

Broomie
03-11-2007, 03:21 PM
It took Marat 5 years to win his second grand slam, so who knows how long it will take him to win anything again? :eek: No one can tell.
It's not like he hadn't made any finals or SFs.
Same goes for Moya and Ferrero. As long as you can get to these stages, you can still win.
Problem for Marat now are the slams and Masters. To prove himself and get some confidence, that's where he has to perform because that's where he usually took points. His result at Melbourne was quite disappointing (even though he lost to Roddick), that's why he hasn't cracked the top 20 yet.

About his injury, sure it has affected him big time. But I think he's getting faster and faster. Time will tell. I just think that a player who won once, can never be absolutly ruled out.:shrug:

stebs
03-11-2007, 03:35 PM
Most of the people posting in here about Safin are simply fanboys or girls who can't accept that Safin cannot be what he was again due to physical limitations. His movement will never enable him to compete for big tournaments again. I don't think he is done, he can still win a few tournaments here and there but AnnaK_4ever has the right idea.

I know the Safin fans love to say that Safin is this 'crazy, unpredictable guy who has so much talent that he should be playing every slam final and winning 0, 0 and 0 but only his weird mind is stopping him'. Fact is, it's BS. Marat hasn't really brainfarted for a long time, of course he has had disagreements with refs and things like this but so do many players like Roddick or Murray and they are still winning a lot and when the lose it is their tennis. I'm afraid Marat fans like to think that it is 'oops, Marat would have won but for his mind', but really he is being consistently outplayed. He can reach top 20 again and he can reach an AMS quarter or semi but he will never be what he was again and he is no longer a talented mental midget, he is just consistently average.

Broomie
03-11-2007, 04:27 PM
Most of the people posting in here about Safin are simply fanboys or girls who can't accept that Safin cannot be what he was again due to physical limitations.
I don't think that saying "time will tell" equals to being a fan-boy/girl. So I'll take it you weren't refering to my preceding post.
And I actually agree with you, Marat hasn't brainfarted for quite some time already, he just didn't play good enough to win these matches. Also, he used to be a faster player, but as I said, I see progress in that department.:shrug:

He plays regularly well in some places, and regularly bad in others. To say that he is not the player he used to be, you need to see his results in the places where he used to be good. Last year he had an excuse, not this year. That's why I said AO07=bad result for him.
Sure, as of today, he's not the player of end 2004, but I won't pretend I see the future. "Marat is done" is a sentence that's been said so many times in his career, keep on saying it, you'll end up being right. But not saying it doesn't make you delusional but cautious.
To me, the most "worrying" question though is : When was the last time he "upset" anyone?

Xristos
03-11-2007, 04:38 PM
Ferrero, Moya and Safin all have titles left in them.

Yes.