Willy Cañas def Hajek 6-1 6-1 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Willy Cañas def Hajek 6-1 6-1

LocoPorElTenis
03-10-2007, 07:22 PM
After losing in the last round of qualifiers Willy took advantage of his LL spot with a comprehensive demolition of Hajek. :banana:

Willy fired 10 aces and won in less than 50 minutes after saving all 4 bps he faced.

This is as far as he will go in IW though as he's facing nothing less than Feds now. Let's hope he can provide an entertaining match :yeah: .

Tom Paulman
03-10-2007, 07:23 PM
*** waiting for the first hater to use the word "cheat" ***

Fergie
03-10-2007, 07:24 PM
Good win Willy! :yeah:

RickDaStick
03-10-2007, 07:25 PM
Let the Canas for top 10 campaign fire up again.

BORO77
03-10-2007, 07:26 PM
Well done WILLY:worship:
I hope he can take out Fedex or at least make it an interesting match.

LocoPorElTenis
03-10-2007, 07:27 PM
Let the Canas for top 10 campaign fire up again.

I don't know about top 10 but since he has 0 points to defend until September the only way is up, much to the chagrin of the haters :lol:

Jaap
03-10-2007, 07:28 PM
Hajek has massive injury problems. We can't take anything from this result. Anyone would have given him the same beating today.

Canas still lost to Waske, lets not forget that.

ChinoRios4Ever
03-10-2007, 07:29 PM
expected win by willy

Deathless Mortal
03-10-2007, 07:31 PM
Canas has no chance against FedEx

shotgun
03-10-2007, 07:36 PM
Expected result, Hajek has been having serious illness problems recently and is currently a shadow of what he was last year.

Federer-Canas should be a great match, though. This has the potential to be Federer's most difficult match in the whole tourney.

LocoPorElTenis
03-10-2007, 07:37 PM
Hajek has massive injury problems. We can't take anything from this result. Anyone would have given him the same beating today.

Canas still lost to Waske, lets not forget that.

Sure, when Cañas wins it's worth nothing and always due to the miserable state of the defeated player. But when Cañas loses he sucks. As always your logic is perfect :lol:

stebs
03-10-2007, 07:41 PM
Expected result, Hajek has been having serious illness problems recently and is currently a shadow of what he was last year.

Federer-Canas should be a great match, though. This has the potential to be Federer's most difficult match in the whole tourney.

Disagree. Hajek would have been straight setted by almost everyone on tour today. Canas lost to Waske a few days ago, now he can give Federer a run for his money?

Galathea
03-10-2007, 07:43 PM
I know that Hajek has massive injury problems.
Now it's funny how "he's injured/tired" can be used for some players and others, specially argies ones, if they lose (probably equally injured) they're overrated and/or chokers. :rolleyes:

But, yes, Hayek has problems.
Still, good win for Willy
Now go and win with Nalbo in doubles (saying go and win against FedEx has not much use :lol: )

Merton
03-10-2007, 07:48 PM
Disagree. Hajek would have been straight setted by almost everyone on tour today. Canas lost to Waske a few days ago, now he can give Federer a run for his money?

I wouldn't put too much weight on the loss to Waske. The match with Roger is interesting because it is the first round for Roger and Willy's consistence might create irritation if Roger is off.

Bilbo
03-10-2007, 07:50 PM
Injury problems or not. Hajek would never beat Willy even if he's at his best.

shotgun
03-10-2007, 07:50 PM

Yes, I think so. Canas has been very impressive since his return, being almost unbeatable, and I don't give much relevance to results in qualifying matches, especially in this case when he knew he had a good chance of grabbing the LL spot (not that he tanked or anything).

You can see I said potential, it could be a straight sets demolition but personally I'd be surprised by that.

I mean, at the initial rounds, most of the time Federer brings his 'B' game to the court and wins, I'm not sure he will be able to afford that tomorrow.

stebs
03-10-2007, 08:07 PM
Yes, I think so. Canas has been very impressive since his return, being almost unbeatable, and I don't give much relevance to results in qualifying matches, especially in this case when he knew he had a good chance of grabbing the LL spot (not that he tanked or anything).

You can see I said potential, it could be a straight sets demolition but personally I'd be surprised by that.

I mean, at the initial rounds, most of the time Federer brings his 'B' game to the court and wins, I'm not sure he will be able to afford that tomorrow.

Maybe you're right. I still don't think that Canas will be able to give Federer a tougher match than the opponents he is likely to face later in the week assuming he wins. I think if Federer needs his A game to win then that is what we'll see. Still, wouldn't be surprised to see Canas break early and give Federer a scare in the first set.

MaryWalsh
03-10-2007, 08:17 PM
Well done Willy!

Nalbandian!!!
03-10-2007, 08:19 PM
willy is a fighter and he runs every ball i am sure fed will not have a easy game there.
maybe a nightmare is coming for roger.:devil:

marti_228
03-10-2007, 09:45 PM
Well played Cañas.
Of course this thread doen's have as many post as the one in which Cañas had lost to Waske.

There are a 90% of chances that Cañas will lose to Federer, if he indeed lose I don't want to imagine the thread. ohh the doper lost! The argies clowns say he will come back to top ten!
Even if he plays Federer.

Burrow
03-10-2007, 09:51 PM
Good win,if he can play good tennis and he stays focused he could trouble federer.

Tom Paulman
03-10-2007, 10:10 PM
Well played Cañas.
Of course this thread doen's have as many post as the one in which Cañas had lost to Waske.

There are a 90% of chances that Cañas will lose to Federer, if he indeed lose I don't want to imagine the thread. ohh the doper lost! The argies clowns say he will come back to top ten!
Even if he plays Federer.

I would want to see Willy winning that match (although it's nearly impossible) just to see all these haters' reactions ;)