Monfils loses yet again, this time to Benneteau, blows 3 mp's in the process! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Monfils loses yet again, this time to Benneteau, blows 3 mp's in the process!

Labamba
03-09-2007, 08:20 PM
Benneteau wins 3-6 6-3 7-5

Gael :help:

first round loss again and what a choke! He had 2 mp's on his own serve at 5-3 40-15 in the 3rd...

RickDaStick
03-09-2007, 08:22 PM
Monfils. What a guy!! Time for him to focus on his paddle tennis career.

LLeytonRules
03-09-2007, 08:22 PM
Monfils is going nowhere fast.I dont know if this guy has the effort.He seems like a retriever for a guy his size.He is not putting power in his shots and his serve can be erractic.

Jaap
03-09-2007, 08:23 PM
Monfils is a mug of a tennis player. To think we once spoke of him in the same company as Djokovic, Murray and Berdych. :lol:

scoobs
03-09-2007, 08:24 PM
He says he needs to find a coach because not having one is distracting him from focusing on his tennis.

Trouble is, he never listens to them when he does have them and they try and actually do something to improve his results.

Wojtek
03-09-2007, 08:24 PM
Geal WTF :fiery:

sondraj06
03-09-2007, 08:25 PM
Has he suffered from the downfalls of being over hyped. I think it plays a dangerous mental game with young players being put on a sort of pedestal before they've had time to truly develop. I think out of everyone nadal has handled it the best, but it is still a very dangerous route to take. While the flattery is nice when you get it and are winning, when their age starts catching up to their game and they drop a bit, the world comes crashing on them and they really don't know how to handle it.

Allez
Don't like Monfils' game at all. For all his physique, he has next to no real power to his shots.

Rafa = Fed Killa
The kid is so athletic but he just cant win.
Get your head on straight Gael.

LLeytonRules
03-09-2007, 08:27 PM
If he wants to have a future, he needs to dedicate himself and stop believing his hype.

Montego
:retard:

Alonsofz
Gäel = :retard: ¬¬

Adler
03-09-2007, 08:28 PM
It's amazing how one can f**k a promising career, no?

LLeytonRules
03-09-2007, 08:28 PM
He has no power in his shots because he doesnt go for much and depends on his speed, not to mention the ugly long forehand technique.

my0118
03-09-2007, 08:29 PM
good one. How to be a better choker of Monfils' version.

Merton
03-09-2007, 08:30 PM
Monfils is lost and adrift at the moment, he needs to decide how he wants to play and then patiently work to improve on his game.

Horatio Caine
03-09-2007, 08:55 PM
Good grief :eek: :help:

Truc
03-09-2007, 08:56 PM
He says he needs to find a coach because not having one is distracting him from focusing on his tennis.

Trouble is, he never listens to them when he does have them and they try and actually do something to improve his results.Oh, because this defeat proves he isn't listening to his new coach either?
They started working together on *Tuesday*. 3 days ago.

Can't you wait a little bit before jumping to conclusions and repeating your favourite theory about Monfils' relationship with his coaches?

LilyRoseAva
03-09-2007, 09:02 PM

Trouble is, he never listens to them when he does have them and they try and actually do something to improve his results.

he has a coach now
it's olivier delaitre

case
I love to watch this guy play. so many here want to beat on him and shouldnt

Tennis NEEDS more guys like him. Id rather watch him any day of the week over boring fed-and im not alone. Remember tennis is entertainment and this guy is entertaining.

tania59
good victory for Benneteau however!

and Mahut too against Monaco, saving one match ball.

Montego
03-09-2007, 10:09 PM

Tennis NEEDS more guys like him. Id rather watch him any day of the week over boring fed-and im not alone. Remember tennis is entertainment and this guy is entertaining.

If tennis was only about entertainment, Mansour Bahrami would be a multiple GS champion. Head is needed too :wavey:

Jaap
03-09-2007, 10:14 PM
Guys like Monfils belong in the circus rather than tennis.

martinatreue
03-09-2007, 10:20 PM
Julien :)

Gael :haha:

Fergie
03-09-2007, 10:28 PM
Julien! :yeah:

scoobs
03-09-2007, 11:10 PM
Oh, because this defeat proves he isn't listening to his new coach either?
They started working together on *Tuesday*. 3 days ago.

Can't you wait a little bit before jumping to conclusions and repeating your favourite theory about Monfils' relationship with his coaches?
Wow - so I wasn't aware he had a new coach yet. It's only been three days and it's hardly been trumpeted. Too soon to expect any results from that anyway.

Good luck to Delaitre - he'll need it.

zicofirol
03-09-2007, 11:16 PM

you mean guys that have no concept of how to play measure 6-4 and just stand 15 feet behind the baseline chasing balls all game...:rolleyes:

silverwhite
03-09-2007, 11:37 PM
Julien :banana:

+alonso
03-09-2007, 11:55 PM
So bad to see Benneteau winning! :retard:

Peoples
03-10-2007, 12:03 AM
Stop with the racism, guys! He's still the #2 black tennis player, respect :cool:

silverwhite
03-10-2007, 12:20 AM
So bad to see Benneteau winning! :retard:

I wonder why ;)

dylan24
03-10-2007, 12:20 AM
monfils is not very bright
in fact he's real stupid
lots of physical skills
no mental skills
thats why he'll never win

Peoples
03-10-2007, 12:24 AM
in fact he's real stupid
lots of physical skills
no mental skills

Uh-oh... this is no way to talk about an ethnic minority :o

case
03-10-2007, 12:26 AM
in fact he's real stupid
lots of physical skills
no mental skills

not very bright to talk about a fellow human being that way.

and he has won. and he will win more.

dylan24
03-10-2007, 12:44 AM
my comments have nothing to do w/ his race
if he was white or green, i'd say the same thing.

Shrinking Violet
03-10-2007, 12:45 AM
I don't know what Gael can do to improve his game. He's maybe just going to be a guy who hangs around the top 30 but that seems like a real waste of talent. He probably should try and be a little less exhuberant and play a little more steady. It's hard to win by being a show-pony.

Blowing 2 MPs on his own serve though. :smash:

Peoples
03-10-2007, 12:47 AM
my comments have nothing to do w/ his race
if he was white or green, i'd say the same thing.

But fact is he is black and you said it :o

gusman890
03-10-2007, 02:28 AM
Stop with the racism, guys! He's still the #2 black tennis player, respect :cool:

who the hell is number 1?

silverwhite
03-10-2007, 02:33 AM
who the hell is number 1?

Blake

Allure
03-10-2007, 02:45 AM
I am not particularly fond of his game. It looks so...crazy.:rolleyes:

G4.
03-10-2007, 03:15 AM
But fact is he is black and you said it :o

so what ? because he is black you can't say he is stupid ?

Nathaliia
03-10-2007, 09:14 AM
i think we need to buy Gael some brains on e-bay :)

jazar
03-10-2007, 09:21 AM
what a tard

Peoples
03-10-2007, 11:47 AM
so what ? because he is black you can't say he is stupid ?
Sort of... You shouldn't insult his blackness :o

Broomie
03-10-2007, 12:02 PM
Sort of... You shouldn't insult his blackness :o

His "blackness" as you say it doesn't have anything to do with his intelligence. If anyone is being insulting here it's you with that assumption.:confused:

ANYWAY, I'm not quite surprised with this loss. I saw him last week-end (friday night) on the Champs Elysees in Paris, it was around midnight, he was hanging around with his girlfriend :wazzup: (I guess, they were "close"). I remember saying to my friends (who did not recognize him until I told them who that was) that many players had been involved in tournaments that week and were getting ready for a Master. Considering he hadn't been playing, shouldn't he have been training very hard somewhere, too tired to walk up the Champs Elysees at that hour?! :scratch:
Unless this was his last night in town and he was saying goodbye to his gf, I don't get it... (I don't blame him for seeing his gf, it's a matter of time and place :retard: )
My thought was "Unless for the easiest draw ever, he's gonna lose". And what happened? :rolleyes: (Well he could have won, but whatever :p )

*Viva Chile*
03-10-2007, 12:06 PM
1. He's French
2. He's coached by Tulasne
3. Tulasne was the coach of PHM

so why you are surprised??? :shrug:

Peoples
03-10-2007, 12:08 PM
His "blackness" as you say it doesn't have anything to do with his intelligence. If anyone is being insulting here it's you with that assumption.:confused:

I was not assuming anything, it is all written in this thread. A black player was harshly insulted :o

Besides, you by saying his blackness doesn't have anything to do with intelligence are actually implying that black people have nothing to do with intelligence :eek:

silverwhite
03-10-2007, 12:21 PM
1. He's French
2. He's coached by Tulasne
3. Tulasne was the coach of PHM

so why you are surprised??? :shrug:

Tulasne's not his coach. Tulasne's coaching Simon. :confused:

I was not assuming anything, it is all written in this thread. A black player was harshly insulted :o

Besides, you by saying his blackness doesn't have anything to do with intelligence are actually implying that black people have nothing to do with intelligence :eek:

:clap2:

my0118
03-10-2007, 12:25 PM

I think you're overly sensitive. I'm seeing those who accused Gael of a non-brainer were just talking about his mega-choking loss. If any player had lost like that, they would've criticized him in a similar way.

Peoples
03-10-2007, 12:34 PM
I think you're overly sensitive. I'm seeing those who accused Gael of non-brainer were just talking about his mega-choking loss. If any player had lost like that, they would've criticized him in a similar way.

You mean if guys like Blake, El Aynaoui, Donald Young or Tsonga would have lost they would come up with the same insults?

Broomie
03-10-2007, 12:36 PM

:lol: How convenient that you took a word out of my sentence and it doesn't mean the same thing anymore! Like "HIS" intelligence, not intelligence in general.
Anyway, I see where you're going with this, and I don't have time :rolleyes:

Peoples
03-10-2007, 12:41 PM
:lol: How convenient that you took a word out of my sentence and it doesn't mean the same thing anymore! Like "HIS" intelligence, not intelligence in general.
Anyway, I see where you're going with this, and I don't have time :rolleyes:
So..you saying HIS intelligence is lower because of HIS blackness is OK? :rolleyes:

Let me guess - you are white, yes?

Broomie
03-10-2007, 12:47 PM
So..you saying HIS intelligence is lower because of HIS blackness is OK? :rolleyes:

Let me guess - you are white, yes?
No :wavey:
Now you just look even more silly :rolleyes:

my0118
03-10-2007, 12:47 PM
You mean if guys like Blake, El Aynaoui, Donald Young or Tsonga would have lost they would come up with the same insults?

I meant, it didn't seem like insults, just for me looked like reproaching harshly only because he'd choked. So had Blake, El aynaoui, Donald young or Tsonga lost like that, of course they would've been criticized. It's not relevant to their race.

Peoples
03-10-2007, 12:48 PM
No :wavey:
Now you just look even more silly :rolleyes:

You mean if you're colored yourself it means being racist is OK? :eek:

Peoples
03-10-2007, 12:50 PM
I meant, it didn't seem like insults, just for me looked like reproaching harshly only because he'd choked. So had Blake, El aynaoui, Donald young or Tsonga lost like that, of course they would've been criticized. It's not relevant to their race.

But haven't you noticed that nobody gets as much vicious criticism as Donald Young (already since he was just 15) and Monfils around here?

BORO77
03-10-2007, 12:56 PM
I am very happy everytime Monfils loses:cool:
I hate this ugly kid:)

Peoples
03-10-2007, 12:59 PM
I am very happy everytime Monfils loses:cool:
I hate this ugly kid:)

Well, that's what I'm not happy with, the reason people insult him..:rolleyes:

my0118
03-10-2007, 01:51 PM
But haven't you noticed that nobody gets as much vicious criticism as Donald Young (already since he was just 15) and Monfils around here?

Since I ain't a long MTF resident, I haven't. However, as far as I've seen this thread, it is nothing much different than other threads. Well, everybody has their own view.

G4.
03-10-2007, 03:46 PM

i myself am part of a minority in France , and what you say is worse than racism , you refuse to treat them like you would treat a white man , you are an hypocryte period

danton
03-10-2007, 04:00 PM

You are an idiot

I have read this topic from start to finish and you see racism where there isn't any (your first post where you ask people to stop the racism - there was none) and then you twist other peoples words to fit your opinions (see above).

MTF'ers were criticising him because he has talent, was the next big thing and now he is ranked outside the top 50. THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HIS COLOUR! GROW UP! By your ideology you can only criticise white people because to criticise anyone else is racist.

Again - YOU ARE AN IDIOT!

Peoples
03-10-2007, 04:04 PM
i myself am part of a minority in France , and what you say is worse than racism , you refuse to treat them like you would treat a white man , you are an hypocryte period

Your thinking is flawed. White people or black people among themselves, rappers and so on sometimes call themselves "niggaz" etc. but would you like a white person to treat the blacks the same way and call them this? There you go, it just isn't possible. It's offensive. So you're wrong.

Peoples
03-10-2007, 04:06 PM
You are an idiot

I have read this topic from start to finish and you see racism where there isn't any (your first post where you ask people to stop the racism - there was none) and then you twist other peoples words to fit your opinions (see above).

MTF'ers were criticising him because he has talent, was the next big thing and now he is ranked outside the top 50. THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HIS COLOUR! GROW UP! By your ideology you can only criticise white people because to criticise anyone else is racist.

Again - YOU ARE AN IDIOT!
You're the idiot - you openly support and justify UNACCEPTABLE racist behavior :o

G4.
03-10-2007, 04:10 PM
nobody insulted his "blackness" like you say , it's you who has a problem with black ppl and that's just what your condescending attitude toward them shows .

Peoples
03-10-2007, 04:13 PM
nobody insulted his "blackness" like you say , it's you who has a problem with black ppl and that's just what your condescending attitude toward them shows .

I have no problem. I was defending black people and their blackness from being insulted, people calling Monfils ugly etc. and here's your gratitude? :rolleyes:

danton
03-10-2007, 04:17 PM
People call Andy Murray ugly - see the topic about his haircut. Why aren't you defending him against racism.

Again - YOU ARE AN IDIOT

Peoples
03-10-2007, 04:18 PM
People call Andy Murray ugly - see the topic about his haircut. Why aren't you defending him against racism.

Again - YOU ARE AN IDIOT

Murray IS ugly! However Monfils is black but NOT ugly!
And stop with justifying the racism

danton
03-10-2007, 04:23 PM
You Are A Troll - Other Posters I Recommend You Ignore Peoples.

Peoples
03-10-2007, 04:25 PM
You Are A Troll - Other Posters I Recommend You Ignore Peoples.
Could care less what you think... :haha:

gusman890
03-10-2007, 04:29 PM
now now calm down.

Monfils loses becuase he does indeed chokes and his style of game isnt going well with his natural physical abilities.

Both those 2 reasons have nothing to do with this color. Granted he is black (duh), but doesnt make him less of a player.

Mal Washington = Black, Finals of Wimbledon.
Ashe = black, winner of GS, started the ATP.

Those 2 men are, reguardless of their color, had respectable careers. Monfils loses matches because he doesnt think about there and just believes he can win with instinct and impluses. If he acaully flattended out his strokes and moved in closer (ALA Agassi), he would be a much better player then a counter punter like Hewitt.

Monfils is a tall guy, so moving side to side all the time is terriable for his knees, the reasons hewitt can get away with it is because he is 4 inches shorter. If he used more of his natural strenth by being aggresive, rather then defending, he would be back in the top 30.

Mateya
03-10-2007, 05:11 PM
:smash: He was never a top 10 material for me... and now even less.
He has strange kind of game all the time - and today he gives us a big choke for the end :)

Snowwy
03-10-2007, 05:15 PM

Any time a player wins 3 of the 4 grandslams as a junior and then is not that good on the ATP they are going to be critized.

Any time a player of Young's calibear(not good yet at least) gets the attention he gets from the US media(or got) he is going to be critizes when he struggles.

Thats how things work in North America at least, the more the media losves someone the more general non-media people like to hate that guy usually.

Snowwy
03-10-2007, 05:18 PM
Murray IS ugly! However Monfils is black but NOT ugly!
And stop with justifying the racism

Im pretty sure no one is justifying racism. Its just there wasnt any until you decided to twist peoples words around and then act tough on an internet message board. Im just oh so lucky you dont live in my neighbourhood cuz Id be shaking in my boots. :)

Hip-And-Happenin
03-10-2007, 05:22 PM
Julien! :banana: :banana: Great fight. :yeah: :D

Shrinking Violet
03-11-2007, 12:33 AM
Peoples is just fishing trying to stir up a fight - which is pretty pathetic but whatever rocks his boat I guess. Best just to ignore it - there is no point responding.