HD tennis [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

HD tennis

sodman12
03-09-2007, 05:39 PM
Anyone know where to find any HD tennis online. I currently do not have HD in my house but i will soon but atm i am looking for it online. File size does not matter to me neither does the time it will take to transfer.

Yappa
03-09-2007, 07:58 PM
I don't think there's any High definition tennis available right now. Tennis isn't as popular as, let's say, soccer, so we'll have to wait a while until we see Tennis in HD.

Maybe for Wimbledon, who knows.

The best you're getting right now, is normal 16:9 and you can find good quality encodes for this year's Aussie Open SF Haas-Gonzalez and the Final Federer-Gonzalez. Take a look in the torrents thread (with the search function).

scoobs
03-09-2007, 08:03 PM
I'm hoping....but it is just a hope at this point...that I will be getting Sky HD in time for Wimbledon. The BBC are doing some Wimbledon coverage in HD

FaceyFacem
03-09-2007, 08:08 PM
US Open was all HD this year, on both USA (Universal HD) and CBS

it's WAY better...

also, on inHD (the special HD channel that shows random stuff to showcase HD), they sometimes have senior tour events in HD and also randomly the Japan Open from october

not sure where to get it online

Yappa
03-09-2007, 09:01 PM
I'm hoping....but it is just a hope at this point...that I will be getting Sky HD in time for Wimbledon. The BBC are doing
some Wimbledon coverage in HD

Looks like the german Pay TV channel which has the Wimbledon rights (yeah, they're the same who abandoned the Masters Series rights), is starting to broadcast in 16:9 if available (they'll start with Formula 1), so I hope that I'll at least be able to enjoy that tourney in 16:9 instead of 4:3.

US Open was all HD this year, on both USA (Universal HD) and CBS

it's WAY better...

also, on inHD (the special HD channel that shows random stuff to showcase HD), they sometimes have senior tour events in HD and also randomly the Japan Open from october

not sure where to get it online

Oh, that sounds great. Too bad that nobody uploaded any of those HD matches.

sodman12
03-10-2007, 12:47 AM
Yeah I have seen the open in HD but I havent had found any online. I would love for someone to upload it. Doesnt matter if it is 10 or 15 gb i would wait the extra time to download it.

Neely
03-10-2007, 01:08 AM
HD coverage in tennis would be incredible, but I don't know how long I have to wait for this until this arrives for tennis coverage in Germany :confused: Anyway, I don't have a HD TV yet :lol: In basketball it's pretty impressive though, I downloaded a half of this year's All-Star Game and it was really great. I could get used to it :angel:

I also would love to see a tennis match just for the impression, but for now, even if HD was offered, it's a hard job until you download a approx. 10 GB tennis match in HD. Not many could provide this ;) If you have the required hardware, of course one advantage without offering in HD would still be that a better source file also helps you making a better output file in normal resolution.

SaFed2005
03-10-2007, 02:49 AM
After watching the entire USO in HD it sucked having to go back to regular stuff when there was no more HD coverage. The difference is insane. Plus HDTV make regular channel look worse than they really are... I want everything in HD already... :must teleport to the future: