Waske def Canas 7:5 4:6 7:5 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Waske def Canas 7:5 4:6 7:5

Andre♥
03-08-2007, 07:42 PM
Canas choked. Well, he is argentinian. You were expecting what?

Canas is going to reach Top10 blabla...

Come on, he can't beat Waske! How can he reach Top 10?

Jaap
03-08-2007, 07:43 PM
:woohoo: :spit: :haha: :banana:

Byrd
03-08-2007, 07:44 PM
Canas is a one trick pony, good on clay, crap/mediocre on the other surfaces.

Voo de Mar
Waske is always dangerous. He is one of these players who can beat everyone on a fast court if his serve is working well.

Horatio Caine
I'm just a little surprised by that :eek:

scoobs
03-08-2007, 07:45 PM
I am VERY surprised by that result - bit of a setback for Cañas after an excellent start to the year, top seed in the quallies...

Klaas_nalbandian
03-08-2007, 07:45 PM
aiaiai canas , haase beated waske in two few days ago, but he will be able to reach top 10 anyway

Tom Paulman
03-08-2007, 07:46 PM
Nadal couldn't beat him too and he's #2 today :shrug:

Jaap
Canas not as good as people think. Vunerable to the big hitters on the faster courts.

Voo de Mar
I am VERY surprised by that result - bit of a setback for Cañas after an excellent start to the year, top seed in the quallies...

Probably he will play in the main draw as a lucky loser..

Andre♥
Tritter screwed Canas. Now that Dr Cuddy saved Dr House's ass, he needed a new addict to annoy and he found Canas...

Andre♥
03-08-2007, 07:48 PM
Nadal couldn't beat him too and he's #2 today :shrug:

LOL

Nadal was way too young and worn out after RG.

Bilbo
03-08-2007, 07:53 PM
I don't know if this Lucky Loser rumor is true but if not this result is one hell of a surprise especially if you followed the match. I highly doubt this match was under normal circumstances and therefore I will refuse to congratulate Waske for this win.

Jaap
03-08-2007, 07:55 PM
I don't know if this Lucky Loser rumor is true but if not this result is one hell of a surprise especially if you followed the match. I highly doubt this match was under normal circumstances and therefore I will refuse to congratulate Waske for this win.

I thought Canas was the biggest fighter on tour? What happened? :confused:

Bilbo
03-08-2007, 07:57 PM
I thought Canas was the biggest fighter on tour? What happened? :confused:

Probably injured or ill. Under normal circumstances Waske would never beat him.

Labamba
03-08-2007, 07:58 PM
very unexpected result :eek:

Waske is a challenger level player and has a poor record on outdoor hard.

GlennMirnyi
03-08-2007, 08:02 PM
LOL

Nadal was way too young and worn out after RG.

Big deal, Nadal ain't beating Waske on grass.

Probably injured or ill. Under normal circumstances Waske would never beat him.

:lol: :haha:

Even your granny in a wheelchair would beat Waske, right?

If he was injured, why did he play? :lol:

RickDaStick
03-08-2007, 08:03 PM
:haha:

Where are those Argie clowns claiming Canas will be top 10 soon.

Bilbo
Waske is a challenger level player and has a poor record on outdoor hard.

Especially on Californian soil with temperatures around 30°C.

On Weekend they will have 37°C. Very dangerous and tricky temperature to play tennis. Nearly as hot as in Death Valley these days.

Jaap

:lol:

jazar
03-08-2007, 08:08 PM
bit disappointed with willy. he really should have qualified

Yappa
03-08-2007, 08:10 PM
Wow, now that is unexpected.

Any serve stats for Waske? Must have been pretty good in that department today.

If anyone has pics of that match, then please post them. :)

marti_228
03-08-2007, 08:12 PM
It's amazing!
The Portuguese that made this thread only made it so that people insult Cañas (Cañas no Canas!). If he is a cheater and blah blah why do you give him so much importance?
Apart from that, it's not such a surprise. I mean, he is a claycourter and has played only a few matches on hard in his come back.

Andre♥
03-08-2007, 08:13 PM
Canas hit a lot of DF during the service games he was broken.

Does argentinian players have a choking school? They are pretty good students at that! :yeah:

canbera
03-08-2007, 08:13 PM

Waske's best surface is also Clay by the way.
much on his game is depending on his serve, so if it's is working fine he can be very dangerous.

shotgun
03-08-2007, 08:14 PM
Very surprising result. :eek:

It's undebatable that Canas is not the one of the most gifted players out there, but he has a very good record outside clay (including one TMS title) and I was expecting him not only to qualify but to win a couple of MD rounds here.

Bilbo
03-08-2007, 08:15 PM
Any serve stats for Waske? Must have been pretty good in that department today.

Canas had better serve stats except for those break chances. Waske was winning an normal amount of points with his weak 2nd serve when it matters. He barely won a return point for one and a half set. Willy was leading 5-2 in the 1st set also. All in all a very surprising outcome.

Willy hit more aces than Waske btw.

Andre♥
03-08-2007, 08:16 PM
It's amazing!
The Portuguese that made this thread only made it so that people insult Cañas (Cañas no Canas!). If he is a cheater and blah blah why do you give him so much importance?
Apart from that, it's not such a surprise. I mean, he is a claycourter and has played only a few matches on hard in his come back.

1. This portuguese has a name.

2. I made a thread, because it is an unexpected result.

3. Canas has a challanger win on hardcourt this year.

4. Stop making excuses. Canas choked.

Sutti
03-08-2007, 08:31 PM
Canas not as good as people think. Vunerable to the big hitters on the faster courts.

Defeated four Top 10s (Federer in 1st RD, Kafelnikov in 3rd RD, Safin in QF, Haas in SF, and No. 12 Roddick in final) to win AMS Toronto title. :wavey:

dylan24
03-08-2007, 08:38 PM

Does argentinian players have a choking school? They are pretty good students at that! :yeah:

yes, coria used to be the dean at buenos aires choke university
until he decided to move to CA

Horatio Caine
03-08-2007, 09:02 PM
Tritter screwed Canas. Now that Dr Cuddy saved Dr House's ass, he needed a new addict to annoy and he found Canas...

What the hell are you on about mate? I don't understand a word of that.

Horatio Caine
03-08-2007, 09:03 PM

They'll come out of the closet as soon as Ljubo loses before QF next week ;)

:wavey:

DrJules
03-08-2007, 09:28 PM
Waske is always dangerous. He is one of these players who can beat everyone on a fast court if his serve is working well.

Is Indian Wells considered a fast court? If so what speed in the US Open.

casabe
03-08-2007, 09:33 PM

mmm yeahh....I am almost sure Vilas won more titles that all the players of your country...we are really good students

Voo de Mar
03-08-2007, 09:39 PM
Is Indian Wells considered a fast court? If so what speed in the US Open.

Relative issue. I thought only this way:
clay = slow;
all the other surfaces = fast (excluding: fast, faster, the fastest) ;)
Shortcut. I think on a good day Waske's chance to beat Canas on caly is minimal.

casabe
03-08-2007, 09:40 PM

Canas mediocre on other surfaces:haha:

To win a TMS event on hardcourt and be mediocre....well....

I mean, blake is not mediocre on HC and has 0 TMS

guilleakd
03-08-2007, 09:45 PM
casabe i am with you... but i think that the difference in match were the brak points
canas: 2/10
waske: 3/4

Voo de Mar
03-08-2007, 09:46 PM
Canas mediocre on other surfaces:haha:

To win a TMS event on hardcourt and we mediocre....well....

Canas is an all-round player. In 2001 he played the finals on clay, grass and indoor. One year later he won mentioned above TMS on hard-outdoor in fantastic style.

GustavoM_Fan
03-08-2007, 09:49 PM
casabe i am with you... but i think that the difference in match were the brak points

and he was winning first set 5-2 too........... :fiery:

Probably will enter like a Lucky Loser.....

Peoples
03-08-2007, 09:52 PM
Normal result. Only for Argentine clowns he is a world level player. Besides, the cheater got what the cheater deserved.

ChinoRios4Ever
03-08-2007, 09:58 PM
upsetting result :eek:

waske upset the 2005 IW semifinalist...

but still willy could enter the main draw as a LL

casabe
03-08-2007, 10:00 PM

We all know Cañas is a better player than Waske, but anyone can have a bad day. It seems Waske played better the important points.

What I think too is that someone cannot say Canas is "mediocre" or "he will never be in the top ten" only because of ONE match. On the other hand, Is stupid to say "Cañas will be in the topten, will win RG, etc" because he won a little tournament. Let the story be written.......

Andre♥
03-08-2007, 10:49 PM
mmm yeahh....I am almost sure Vilas won more titles that all the players of your country...we are really good students

I have double nationality! :p

Portuguese players don't have talent. But they work hard. I am more proud of a hard-worker than talented guys like Gaudio or Coria with no brains.

Andre♥
03-08-2007, 10:50 PM
What the hell are you on about mate? I don't understand a word of that.

You don't watch House. Now I don't like you! :p

Hendu
03-08-2007, 11:04 PM

Portuguese players don't have talent. But they work hard. I am more proud of a hard-worker than talented guys like Gaudio or Coria with no brains.

Cañas is the epitome of the hard working player.

Snowwy
03-08-2007, 11:15 PM
And yet he lost to Waske, a player known for being not the hardest of workers. Yet people think hell make the top 10 :lol:

Canas..Bandwagon player of 07 to date?

casabe
03-08-2007, 11:35 PM

But you have talented guys, Gil can play with the eyes closed! (this is not sarcasm)

you can be proud of what you want, but I am proud of GS winners, DC runners up, TMC winners. Just because they help the development of the sport in my country. I enjoy to watch any player from any country

Labamba
03-08-2007, 11:46 PM
Malisse withdrew, so Cañas will get the LL spot

hoping for a Cañas-Waske first round match tomorrow :lol:

Enjoy Incubus
03-08-2007, 11:48 PM
Malisse withdrew, so Cañas will get the LL spot

hoping for a Cañas-Waske first round match tomorrow :lol:
Oh, these are good news:D
Thank you very much Ville!:wavey:

Andre♥
03-09-2007, 12:02 AM
But you have talented guys, Gil can play with the eyes closed! (this is not sarcasm)

you can be proud of what you want, but I am proud of GS winners, DC runners up, TMC winners. Just because they help the development of the sport in my country. I enjoy to watch any player from any country

I was only kidding. But it should be pretty frustating to have so many great players in your country that could be Top 10 (Canas, Nalbandian, Coria, Gaudio, Acasuso) and then when they are becoming to beat everybody, they just choke.

Canas was leading 5:3 in the first set and lost 5:7.

Canas had lots of 0:30 on Waske's serve in the third set and then the german just hold to 30, by winning four points in a row.

I am pretty much a Canas fan (believe it or not) and I pray for him to come to Estoril in may.

Actually, I support Argentina in Davis Cup and I am probably the only non-hispanic person in the world that likes Coria and thinks he is not arrogant.

And Gil has a huge problem: his fitness. If he solves that, he can reach Top 100 easily.

marti_228
03-09-2007, 12:04 AM
Normal result. Only for Argentine clowns he is a world level player. Besides, the cheater got what the cheater deserved.

He was ranked 8 and won Toronto defeating Federer,Srichapan, Kafelnikov, Safin,Haas and Roddick. He didn't play for 15 months and 6 months later he's ranked 60 and won an ATP title.
I think now he entered the tournament as a LL but still if he hadn't, I doubt he would be so upset.
If he's a cheater I don't understand why he has thread, he should have been ignored.
I think being 60 in the world is being a world level player.

casabe
03-09-2007, 12:17 AM
I was only kidding. But it should be pretty frustating to have so many great players in your country that could be Top 10 (Canas, Nalbandian, Coria, Gaudio, Acasuso) and then when they are becoming to beat everybody, they just choke.

Canas had lots of 0:30 on Waske's serve in the third set and then the german just hold to 30, by winning four points in a row.

I am pretty much a Canas fan (believe it or not) and I pray for him to come to Estoril in may.

Actually, I support Argentina in Davis Cup and I am probably the only non-hispanic person in the world that likes Coria and thinks he is not arrogant.

And Gil has a huge problem: his fitness. If he solves that, he can reach Top 100 easily.

okok no problem.....I admit our players chokes sometimes, or maybe we just havent got luck. Nalbandian against bagdathis and SPECIALLY against roddick in 03 usopen for example. Imagine coria losing that roland garros final against a non argentine player. Or Nalbandian loosing that final at tmc after being 4-0 he won the match but choked.
About Gil ( i think is name is federico, isnt it?) I saw him at estoril i dont know if it was at 06 or 05. In a point replay they showed the guy when he plays he has almost the eyes completely closed. I hope he can solve the fitness problem

ExcaliburII
03-09-2007, 12:32 AM

You seem to know a lot of Tennis, when was Acasuso Top10?
Portugeese players more fighters than Cañas?

Action Jackson
03-09-2007, 12:51 AM
Vamos LL.

Andre♥
03-09-2007, 12:57 AM

And you seem to know a lot about english.

I said that Acasuso could be Top 10 if he wasn't an headcase. I didn't say that he was in Top 10...

Did I say portuguese players are more fighters? I said that they are more hard-working. Do you what are the conditions to be a tennis player in Portugal? Zero. Support is nil and still they fight to reach their dream. They don't have a tennis court in every street...

sondraj06
03-09-2007, 12:59 AM
Wow is it just me or does every thread outside of the funny pics thread or piggy roasting thread turn into a bitch slap after more than 2 pages of posts

Action Jackson
03-09-2007, 01:08 AM
I said that Acasuso could be Top 10 if he wasn't an headcase. I didn't say that he was in Top 10...

Did I say portuguese players are more fighters? I said that they are more hard-working. Do you what are the conditions to be a tennis player in Portugal? Zero. Support is nil and still they fight to reach their dream. They don't have a tennis court in every street...

I am a big Acasuso fan, but he is not a top ten player at best he should be between 15-20.

Argentine federation didn't support their players, the only ones that got any support from them were Coria and Nalbandian and none of the others did. They weren't considered good enough or not worthy enough of spending the limited funds.

krystlel
03-09-2007, 01:08 AM
Canas drew Hajek in the first round. If he wins that, he'll play against Federer.

Merton
03-09-2007, 01:10 AM
It is hard to be fully motivated when you know that you have a slot in the main draw regardless of the outcome, and I am not saying that Willy tanked. By the way, he got unlucky in the main draw.

Hendu
03-09-2007, 01:10 AM

Pretty much the same thing that happened to most of the Argentine players.

Cañas being one of them.

marti_228
03-09-2007, 01:13 AM
And you seem to know a lot about english.

Do you think the Argentinian players were supported? Only Coria and Nalbandian, the others tried to find someone who supported them, or a club, or something else. Unfortunately, Argentina is not France.

ExcaliburII
03-09-2007, 01:50 AM
When Cañas beats Federer in R2 I want to see all your faces :haha:

GlennMirnyi
03-09-2007, 02:08 AM

Relative issue. I thought only this way:
clay = slow;
all the other surfaces = fast (excluding: fast, faster, the fastest) ;)
Shortcut. I think on a good day Waske's chance to beat Canas on caly is minimal.

Wrong. Fast: carpet and few HCs, like the US Open one.

When did he say that?

Yeah, right. :)

Andre♥
03-09-2007, 02:15 AM
Do you think the Argentinian players were supported? Only Coria and Nalbandian, the others tried to find someone who supported them, or a club, or something else. Unfortunately, Argentina is not France.

At least there are clubs and companies that support them...

Voo de Mar
03-09-2007, 02:16 AM
Wrong. Fast: carpet and few HCs, like the US Open one.

What about grass? :aplot:

GlennMirnyi
03-09-2007, 02:27 AM
What about grass? :aplot:

The way it's playing today, you can't say it's really fast. ;)

ExcaliburII
03-09-2007, 02:30 AM

Glennmyrnyi, what you asked for.

GlennMirnyi
03-09-2007, 02:38 AM
Glennmyrnyi, what you asked for.

He only said that Portuguese players don't have talent and that he prefers hard-workers to talented players. He never said Portuguese players work-harder than Argies.

That's sylogism...

"Portuguese players have no talent and work hard"
"Coria and Gaudio have talent and are Argies"
"He likes hard-workers"

You can't conclude Portuguese players work-harder because of that.

Andre♥
03-09-2007, 02:45 AM
He only said that Portuguese players don't have talent and that he prefers hard-workers to talented players. He never said Portuguese players work-harder than Argies.

That's sylogism...

"Portuguese players have no talent and work hard"
"Coria and Gaudio have talent and are Argies"
"He likes hard-workers"

You can't conclude Portuguese players work-harder because of that.

Thanks for clarifying my position! :yeah:

GlennMirnyi
03-09-2007, 02:49 AM
Thanks for clarifying my position! :yeah:

Next time I'm gonna charge. :lol: ;)

Hendu
03-09-2007, 03:02 AM

I wish there were.

Action Jackson
03-09-2007, 03:06 AM

Ahem! no, it doesn't happen like this.

TMJordan
03-09-2007, 03:45 AM
Willy will be ready for Miami, I thought in the first place he was going to rest up for Miami and skip Indiana Wells :confused: Oh well, come back strong next time Willy, I know you will.

ChinoRios4Ever
03-09-2007, 03:51 AM
i want to see Fed-Willy in 2nd round :p

my0118
03-09-2007, 04:54 AM
i want to see Fed-Willy in 2nd round :p

Yay! me too.
BTW, maybe it's a dumb question, how Canas could be the lucky loser?
Has he already played in Qualies? I'm just wondering how the system works.

Aguante_el_Gato
03-09-2007, 10:41 AM
Canas is a one trick pony, good on clay, crap/mediocre on the other surfaces.:worship:

take a look to this performance:
Montreal / Toronto, Toronto, Canada
ATP Masters Series, 29-Jul-02, O, Hard , Draw: 64
R64 Federer, Roger (SUI) 10 7-6(10) 7-5
R32 Srichaphan, Paradorn (THA) 60 6-2 6-1
R16 Kafelnikov, Yevgeny (RUS) 5 6-2 6-2
Q Safin, Marat (RUS) 2 7-5 6-3
S Haas, Tommy (GER) 3 6-4 3-6 7-6(5)
W Roddick, Andy (USA) 12 6-4 7-5
;)

Aguante_el_Gato
03-09-2007, 10:47 AM

Where are those Argie clowns claiming Canas will be top 10 soon. even here, and hoping for this.

and btw, you don't need to start saying "clowns" to people here ;)

alansk
03-09-2007, 11:03 AM
:secret: Did anyone do this already??

Expected win for Waske.

[!JuLe<3]
03-09-2007, 11:08 AM
:eek: :banana:

Julio1974
03-09-2007, 11:28 AM

You are mixing things here. One thing is to be lazy and another is to have no brain. A tennis player can work hard and nonetheless be a choker.

You can blame Coria and Cañas for being chokers but not for being lazy.

As for the choking school, we do have very good one in Buenos Aires but many players do the post-degree studies in France, where it's the most prestigious school.

Broomie
03-09-2007, 11:37 AM
You are mixing things here. One thing is to be lazy and another is to have no brain. A tennis player can work hard and nonetheless be a choker.

You can blame Coria and Cañas for being chokers but not for being lazy.

As for the choking school, we do have very good one in Buenos Aires but many players do the post-degree studies in France, where it's the most prestigious school.
:rolls: :lol: You nailed it!
Rumor has it PHM hopes to be the dean of one of those schools once he retires from regular tennis. But he's already a big achievement and model over here.:spit:

Kolya
03-09-2007, 11:42 AM
Good on Waske.

Good doubles player too.

Corey Feldman
03-09-2007, 12:06 PM
SO a chance for Federer v Canas in a few days time :eek:
the 2 faves for Roland Garros glory in 2007

alfonsojose
03-09-2007, 12:10 PM

:devil:

RickDaStick
03-09-2007, 06:41 PM
Lets not live in the past DopeTards. He did all that while on the juice. His best days are behind him unless the ATP stops drug testing which im sure wont be happening.

ljubicic_
03-09-2007, 07:18 PM
Good job Waske, i hope that Canas will lose all his other matches, don't like sportpeople who use drugs to try to win a GS, TMC or AMS

Jaap
03-09-2007, 07:32 PM
Don't worry, Federer will rip him a big fat one in round 3. :cool:

Peoples
03-09-2007, 08:37 PM
He was ranked 8 and won Toronto defeating Federer,Srichapan, Kafelnikov, Safin,Haas and Roddick. He didn't play for 15 months and 6 months later he's ranked 60 and won an ATP title.
I think now he entered the tournament as a LL but still if he hadn't, I doubt he would be so upset.
If he's a cheater I don't understand why he has thread, he should have been ignored.
I think being 60 in the world is being a world level player.

So he had a great run and he won a title, so... there have been even stranger upsets, Verkerk etc.

marti_228
03-09-2007, 10:39 PM
So he had a great run and he won a title, so... there have been even stranger upsets, Verkerk etc.

He didn't won A title. He won 7 titles, I'm not saying he's Safin or Hewitt but he's definetely a world level player.

Then, to answer what IvanLjubicic said, his best days were maybe in 2002 when he won Toronto, and the sanction began in 2005. Your post doesn't justification.

Peoples
03-09-2007, 10:50 PM
He didn't won A title. He won 7 titles, I'm not saying he's Safin or Hewitt but he's definetely a world level player.

Then, to answer what IvanLjubicic said, his best days were maybe in 2002 when he won Toronto, and the sanction began in 2005. Your post doesn't justification.

Yeah, mostly Mickey Mouse titles. But if you define a world level player someone that's in top 60 then I agree about that.

casabe
03-09-2007, 10:56 PM

Yeah rigth...cañas an upset...he was topten when his 500 points for toronto where completely gone. If you dont like a player just dont talk about him, but saying stupids things is being stupid.

Peoples
03-09-2007, 10:58 PM
Yeah rigth...cañas an upset...he was topten when his 500 points for toronto where completely gone. If you dont like a player just dont talk about him, but saying stupids things is being stupid.

Saying stupids things is being stupid? :haha:

casabe
03-09-2007, 11:03 PM
Yeah, mostly Mickey Mouse titles. But if you define a world level player someone that's in top 60 then I agree about that.

we al know (canas fans and no fans) taht his nowadays ranking doesnt reflect his game. and sorry but if we are talking about MM titles, ljubicic is the king and massu the queen.

Peoples
03-09-2007, 11:08 PM
we al know (canas fans and no fans) taht his nowadays ranking doesnt reflect his game. and sorry but if we are talking about MM titles, ljubicic is the king and massu the queen.
Does his ranking reflect his drug taking also or not any more?

Ljubicic and Massu are not relevant at all in this topic :confused:

casabe
03-09-2007, 11:09 PM
Saying stupids things is being stupid? :haha:

hey, there are players i dont like too, for example davidenko. But I prefer to dont read is threads that to spend hours of my life talking about him. Go and make a thread about "how good gonzalez and massu are"

lau
03-09-2007, 11:10 PM

Honestly, why do you still reply to him/her? ;)

casabe
03-09-2007, 11:12 PM
Does his ranking reflect his drug taking also or not any more?

Ljubicic and Massu are not relevant at all in this topic :confused:

drugs yeah rigth....

I talked about massu because he is in your avatar, you cant say that he isnt good when the one you support is worst...in sorry about ljubicic you are rigth my mistake

Peoples
03-09-2007, 11:13 PM
hey, there are players i dont like too, for example davidenko. But I prefer to dont read is threads that to spend hours of my life talking about him. Go and make a thread about "how good gonzalez and massu are"

Who cares whether you like Davydenko or not? Fact is he is #4 in the world and your favorite doper is #60 and maybe should have been banned for life.

Peoples
03-09-2007, 11:15 PM
drugs yeah rigth....

I talked about massu because he is in your avatar, you cant say that he isnt good when the one you support is worst...in sorry about ljubicic you are rigth my mistake

Massu is in my avatar and not relevant to this thread but everything else you just said didn't make any sense at all :haha:

casabe
03-09-2007, 11:20 PM

Is really the first time I start a conversation with him....but I read all his replies in a lot of threads...is incredible how arrogant a person can be

casabe
03-09-2007, 11:23 PM
Massu is in my avatar and not relevant to this thread but everything else you just said didn't make any sense at all :haha:

it seems you dont get the point rigth?

Peoples
03-09-2007, 11:25 PM
it seems you dont get the point rigth?

No, it seems you can't speak English and make yourself understood :shrug:

Nev
03-09-2007, 11:34 PM
Who cares whether you like Davydenko or not? Fact is he is #4 in the world and your favorite doper is #60 and maybe should have been banned for life.He should have been banned but he was not :lol: shame for you ;)

casabe
03-09-2007, 11:34 PM
No, it seems you can't speak English and make yourself understood :shrug:

Ok then....A person that compare Cañas with Verkerk doesnt know ANYTHING about tennis. Do you understand now?

Peoples
03-09-2007, 11:37 PM
Ok then....A person that compare Cañas with Verkerk doesnt know ANYTHING about tennis. Do you understand now?
I was never comparing their games you tool. They are both very average players, one big tournament wonders but both have other MM titles as well.

Julio1974
03-10-2007, 12:09 AM

I agree. He's so obsessed with Argentine players. Every thread about an Argentine player, you'll find him. I ca't understand how a country like Argentina can be so important for him.

Maybe his dream is to copy Gonzalez and date a gorgeous Argentine girl and he's bitter because nobody is interested. :shrug:

marti_228
03-10-2007, 12:32 AM
I agree. He's so obsessed with Argentine players. Every thread about an Argentine player, you'll find him. I ca't understand how a country like Argentina can be so important for him.

Maybe his dream is to copy Gonzalez and date a gorgeous Argentine girl and he's bitter because nobody is interested. :shrug:

You're right. Argentinean players is general have the ability, here in MtF, to gain many "enemies". Those are usually Ljubicic fans, Croats or Hewitt's fans, and you also have this kind of people that keep talking about the suspension that ended 6 months ago and can't recognize the amazing performance Cañas is showing and say: OHH He's cheating, He's on drugs! :smash: :smash:

RickDaStick
03-10-2007, 12:33 AM
You're right. Argentinean players is general have the ability, here in MtF, to gain many "enemies". Those are usually Ljubicic fans, Croats or Hewitt's fans, and you also have this kind of people that keep talking about the suspension that ended 6 months ago and can't recognize the amazing performance Cañas is showing and say: OHH He's cheating, He's on drugs! :smash: :smash:

Amazing performance? Are we talking about the same guy who lost to Alexander freaking Waske?

Peoples
03-10-2007, 12:36 AM
Amazing performance? Are we talking about the same guy who lost to Alexander freaking Waske?

Good point :haha:

marti_228
03-10-2007, 12:36 AM

Are we talking about the guy that six months ago didn't have a ranking and now is 60 and won a title a few weeks ago?
Last year Federer lost to Murray in Cincinnati (?), does that make him a worse player? Does a match in a qualy define your career?

Julio1974
03-10-2007, 12:39 AM

well, Ivan lost recently against Mahut... and I'd better not remind you with whom Ivan lost in the last US open becaue ... :haha:

RickDaStick
03-10-2007, 12:40 AM
Are we talking about the guy that six months ago didn't have a ranking and now is 60 and won a title a few weeks ago?
Last year Federer lost to Murray in Cincinnati (?), does that make him a worse player? Does a match in a qualy define your career?

Alright i just think you guys getting way too excited about a guy who has a career record of 196-140.

Peoples
03-10-2007, 12:42 AM
Some of you argentines should seriously get your heads out of Canas's hairy dope-filled ass.

RickDaStick
03-10-2007, 12:43 AM
Some of you argentines should seriously get your heads out of Canas's hairy dope-filled ass.

The DopeTards are out in full force.

Julio1974
03-10-2007, 12:44 AM
Alright i just think you guys getting way too excited about a guy who has a career record of 196-140.

I'm not saying he's top ten material. But he's showing a good level of tennis, much better than I expected, to be honest. For instance, I did not want him to play in DC but he crushed Melzer and proved me wrong.

marti_228
03-10-2007, 12:47 AM

classy.

Peoples
03-10-2007, 12:48 AM
The DopeTards are out in full force.

Can't blame the dopetards..they're enjoying their time before their guys get busted again ;)

Aguante_el_Gato
03-12-2007, 02:33 AM

Where are those Argie clowns claiming Canas will be top 10 soon.:haha: :haha: :haha:

mmmhhh sorry,

:haha: :haha:

as you see (just saw) he has the spirit and the skills to return to the Top 10

Voo de Mar
03-12-2007, 02:35 AM
Alexander "the Great" Waske is the father of biggest sensation in 2007 :worship:

Aguante_el_Gato
03-12-2007, 02:40 AM

Come on, he can't beat Waske! How can he reach Top 10?I'm not going to discuss if he will or won't be Top 10 again,

.... but I think that now you should know why people think that he CAN do it!!!! :p

Conita
03-12-2007, 02:40 AM
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

this makes the whole day even more hilarious
waske :yeah: :cool:

Chris Seahorse
03-12-2007, 02:46 AM
It really isn't that uncommon for the top seed to lose in the last round of qualifying when they know a lucky loser spot will be available. The over reaction to this result really was pretty funny actually. And all those people who were using this result as an indication that Canas isn't really that good now have egg on their face.

Aguante_el_Gato
03-12-2007, 02:47 AM
Canas is a one trick pony, good on clay, crap/mediocre on the other surfaces.second time I quote your post in this thread ... and it's a pleasure :p

:worship: What a tennis knowledge mate!!!! :worship:

Tomy
03-12-2007, 02:49 AM
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great thread!!!!!!!
Watch some tennis before you type again, man... too sad

Warort
03-12-2007, 03:02 AM
Canas choked. Well, he is argentinian. You were expecting what?

Come on, he can't beat Waske! How can he reach Top 10?

And yet he lost to Waske, a player known for being not the hardest of workers. Yet people think hell make the top 10

And more...

Where are theese people?

joaco
03-12-2007, 03:31 AM
And more...

Where are theese people?

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:worship:

Aguante_el_Gato
03-30-2007, 02:14 AM
Canas is a one trick pony, good on clay, crap/mediocre on the other surfaces.:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Sorry, but I cannot resist .....
What a tennis knowledge!
since you said that, he defeated Federer 2 times (in hard courts ;) ), and he is already in a MS semis (on hard surface of course)

I dream that someday will be a tax to speak without sense, ... much people will become dumb …. :tape:

NyGeL
03-30-2007, 02:20 AM
the worst thing is that they will never come here and accept their mistake and lack of sense.

RickDaStick
03-30-2007, 02:24 AM
Canas sucks.

ExcaliburII
03-30-2007, 02:27 AM

:worship: .

Willy to reach top 25 by next monday.

Aguante_el_Gato
03-30-2007, 02:28 AM
Canas sucks.I see, you are another genious :worship:

ufokart
03-30-2007, 02:35 AM
Canas sucks.

psichogaucho
03-30-2007, 02:39 AM
:rolleyes:

Mistaflava
03-30-2007, 02:48 AM
1) Who the fuck cares...stop bumping old useless threads

2) Even if Canas win this event...you all know what im gonna say so shove it.

Hendu
03-30-2007, 03:47 AM
funny stuff

TMJordan
03-30-2007, 03:50 AM

Sorry, but I cannot resist .....
What a tennis knowledge!
since you said that, he defeated Federer 2 times (in hard courts ;) ), and he is already in a MS semis (on hard surface of course)

I dream that someday will be a tax to speak without sense, ... much people will become dumb …. :tape:

His only TMS championship was a pretty fast hardcourt at Toronto :) :wavey:

Some very smart people here my friend :D

TMJordan
03-30-2007, 03:52 AM
:worship: .

Willy to reach top 25 by next monday.

yes, good call Pablo :D

I called the first Federer win, you called the second one, and now I am calling the RG championship, we are going to be right with all of our Willy predictions. :bounce:

SwiSha
03-30-2007, 06:13 AM
2) Even if Canas win this event...you all know what im gonna say so shove it.

and you know who is gonna care what you say

NOBODY ;)

Tomy
03-30-2007, 07:56 AM

NOBODY ;)

Did she say something? I can't read... what? :confused:

Aguante_el_Gato
03-30-2007, 12:54 PM

NOBODY ;):haha: :haha:

Guybrush
03-30-2007, 01:14 PM

NOBODY ;)

I'll do. :cool:

fenomeno2111
03-30-2007, 01:51 PM

NOBODY ;)

DON'T FEED THE TROLL!!!!!

We sould have some kind of association...like ATS (Anti-Troll Squad) to avoid such ignorants around here.