So, Whats Going On With Dent And Coria? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

So, Whats Going On With Dent And Coria?

Jaffas85
03-07-2007, 04:47 AM
How come these two have just dissapeared? What were the initial reasons for why they went away?

Coria still has a ATP ranking but not Dent so does he intend on returning soon?

What was Dent's best Grand Slam result and should we expect these two to return to the Top 20 sometime in 2007?

How bad are their injuries that are apparently still keeping them out?

Thanks.

Deboogle!.
03-07-2007, 04:54 AM
Dent had back surgery about a year ago, he has not played since then, so that's why he has no ranking. Apparently it was MUCH worse than anyone had originally anticipated. He played a couple exhibitions at the end of the year and had entered Hopman Cup, etc., but apparently his back is not cooperating. He's now apparently working as a 'coach' at Bollettieri's and is out "indefinitely" according to The Tennis Channel.... it's looking more and more like he might not come back at all.

tangerine_dream
03-07-2007, 04:56 AM
^^ I think TR.net said the same thing about Dent. That he may not be coming back. :awww:

Jaffas85
03-07-2007, 04:57 AM
Dent had back surgery about a year ago, he has not played since then, so that's why he has no ranking. Apparently it was MUCH worse than anyone had originally anticipated. He played a couple exhibitions at the end of the year and had entered Hopman Cup, etc., but apparently his back is not cooperating. He's now apparently working as a 'coach' at Bollettieri's and is out "indefinitely" according to The Tennis Channel.... it's looking more and more like he might not come back at all.

And Coria? Surely a player that was once ranked #3 and consistently qualified for the Tennis Masters Cup should at least be able to return to the Top 20?

So whats the problem with him?

Deboogle!.
03-07-2007, 04:59 AM
And Coria? Surely a player that was once ranked #3 and consistently qualified for the Tennis Masters Cup should at least be able to return to the Top 20?

So whats the problem with him?No clue, I don't follow him, sorry.

Hendu
03-07-2007, 05:04 AM

His head said stop. Lack of motivation.

and

Shoulder surgery + change of serving technique = million double faults = low confidence.

He is working with a psychologist and it seems he will be back in Houston.

Horatio Caine
03-07-2007, 10:58 AM
^^ I think TR.net said the same thing about Dent. That he may not be coming back. :awww:

:sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing:

My favourite American player :awww:

L.R
03-07-2007, 11:40 AM
His head said stop. Lack of motivation.

and

Shoulder surgery + change of serving technique = million double faults = low confidence.

He is working with a psychologist and it seems he will be back in Houston.

I don't know about Houston but it seems he asked for a wc for Monte-Carlo

keqtqiadv
03-07-2007, 12:18 PM
:(

maldini
03-07-2007, 12:19 PM
:sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing:

My favourite American player :awww:

yeah i liked him too......:sad:

Conita
03-07-2007, 12:57 PM
dent :hug:

mtw
03-07-2007, 02:55 PM
Coria caught an injury of muscle in leg during training. Maybe he has a pause, because of that. I hope, that he will be healthy and play soon.

scoobs
03-07-2007, 02:57 PM
I think it's a real shame if Dent can't make any sort of comeback - he was never my favourite player but he's still young and it would be very sad if his back prevented him from ever playing at this level again.

Jimnik
03-07-2007, 03:00 PM
I was also never a Dent fan but he was the only serve-volley player of this generation. It's a shame to see him disappear. I think those two losses to 18-year old Murray must have dented his confidence a bit too much.

Federerhingis
03-07-2007, 03:11 PM

Yikes that's never a good thing to hear.

jayjay
03-07-2007, 03:29 PM
Coria still has a ATP ranking but not Dent so does he intend on returning soon?

As has been mentioned, he is hoping to return to ATP action in Houston (but that is not 100%). A combination of injury and lack of confidence has meant he hasn't played before now this season, he has commented a few times in recent interviews that he has just not been ready (mentally as well as physically) to return, and does not want to make the same mistakes as before regards playing when is not in the right frame of mind.

He is now coached by Hernan Gumy (ex coach of Canas).

His decline is well documented, you can check the Coria forum for more detailed info about it, and I wrote this piece late last year. (http://sportsmagician.blogspot.com/2006/10/magician-who-lost-his-box-of-tricks.html)

CyBorg
03-07-2007, 05:33 PM
Come back, Coria. We need you to push Nadal and Fed at the French!

Deboogle!.
03-07-2007, 06:40 PM
I think it's a real shame if Dent can't make any sort of comeback - he was never my favourite player but he's still young and it would be very sad if his back prevented him from ever playing at this level again.Yeah, it is very sad. he had a lot of potential, IMO, that was never realized. on the other hand, he is married now, I believe his wife (Jenny Hopkins) has also retired, so maybe he is ready to move on with his life too. He's a very nice player and seemed to be a real good guy, so it's too bad. I was also never a Dent fan but he was the only serve-volley player of this generation. It's a shame to see him disappear. I think those two losses to 18-year old Murray must have dented his confidence a bit too much.He was actually playing very well when he got hurt. I don't think losing to one guy a couple times is enough to hurt confidence that badly. If anything keeps him out, it will be because of his injury.

scoobs
03-07-2007, 06:41 PM
Yeah, it is very sad. he had a lot of potential, IMO, that was never realized. on the other hand, he is married now, I believe his wife (Jenny Hopkins) has also retired, so maybe he is ready to move on with his life too. He's a very nice player and seemed to be a real good guy, so it's too bad. He was actually playing very well when he got hurt. I don't think losing to one guy a couple times is enough to hurt confidence that badly. If anything keeps him out, it will be because of his injury.
I guess if he's happy and at peace with the situation, that's the main thing. I hope he is.

Loftra
03-07-2007, 06:43 PM
Dent, J. Johansson, Ancic,... Quite frustrating all my favourites always seem to have the long time injuries/illnesses.:mad:

jazar
03-07-2007, 08:11 PM
i hope taylor comes back. he always had a cool grunt and the most interesting facial expressions when he hit the ball. but he has had some shit luck with injuries in his career

Adler
03-07-2007, 09:00 PM
Come back, Coria. We need you to push Nadal and Fed at the French!
Not so sure about that

tangerine_dream
03-07-2007, 09:11 PM
I don't think losing to one guy a couple times is enough to hurt confidence that badly. If anything keeps him out, it will be because of his injury.
He also just got married so perhaps he has wedded-bliss/domestication on the brain more than I-must-kick-somebody's-ass/competitiveness now.

Peoples
03-07-2007, 11:03 PM
It's a pity about Dent, he was able to play on such a high level.

As for the little cheater piece of shit Coria, maybe he'll be back and get humiliated even more. So let's see. If he won't be back, good for him.

Deboogle!.
03-07-2007, 11:10 PM
He also just got married so perhaps he has wedded-bliss/domestication on the brain more than I-must-kick-somebody's-ass/competitiveness now.I know, I said that (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=4990829&postcount=18) :p

JimmyV
03-08-2007, 01:26 AM
JayJay that article you wrote is really good.

Burrow
03-08-2007, 06:02 PM
I can confirm from several sources I have read, Dent has retired. He said it when speaking to this fellow at some sort of tennis course.

The Gucci one
03-09-2007, 01:23 AM

Mental probs I think

wenty
03-09-2007, 04:55 AM
It's a pity about Dent, he was able to play on such a high level.

As for the little cheater piece of shit Coria, maybe he'll be back and get humiliated even more. So let's see. If he won't be back, good for him.

And I hope the exactly the opposite :angel:

almouchie
03-09-2007, 01:06 PM
i heard from another forum
that Dent retired

can ayone confirm that

Horatio Caine
03-09-2007, 01:28 PM
I can confirm from several sources I have read, Dent has retired. He said it when speaking to this fellow at some sort of tennis course.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooo!!!!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sobbing: :sobbing:

He was a good player and a very friendly person....come back!!! :awww: :awww:

rubsch
03-09-2007, 01:57 PM
So Houston and Monte Carlo you've said? I hope Coria will get the wildcards he needs... but I am not so sure because even his home tournament Buenos Aires didn't give him the wildcard so I am not really confident that he will get the wildcard in monte carlo...
Vamos Coria! We need you back on tour!

shotgun
03-09-2007, 02:03 PM
Too bad about Dent, he was my favourite American player. He had some great matches against Hewitt:

2001 Wimbledon England Grass R64 Hewitt 1-6 7-5 6-3 6-7(2) 6-3
2005 Adelaide Adelaide, Australia Hard Q Dent 7-6(4) 6-3
2005 Wimbledon England Grass R16 Hewitt 6-4 6-4 6-7(7) 6-3
2005 US Open NY, U.S.A. Hard R32 Hewitt 6-3 3-6 6-7(2) 6-2 7-5

I think those two losses to 18-year old Murray must have dented his confidence a bit too much.

Nice pun. :lol:

Truc
03-09-2007, 03:14 PM
So Houston and Monte Carlo you've said? I hope Coria will get the wildcards he needs... but I am not so sure because even his home tournament Buenos Aires didn't give him the wildcard so I am not really confident that he will get the wildcard in monte carlo...He would have gotten a WC at his home event, but he declined it.
Now tournaments like Monte Carlo are a completely different story. But if he really wants to play those big events, he can certainly play the qualies.

Anyway, as jayjay said, he is just *hoping* to return in Houston so far. He has already planned a few times this year to enter other events and changed his mind then.

mtw
03-09-2007, 03:53 PM
Vamos Coria! We need you back on tour!

I hope so, that he will come back.

artlinkletter
03-09-2007, 03:56 PM
He would have gotten a WC at his home event, but he declined it.
Now tournaments like Monte Carlo are a completely different story. But if he really wants to play those big events, he can certainly play the qualies.

Anyway, as jayjay said, he is just *hoping* to return in Houston so far. He has already planned a few times this year to enter other events and changed his mind then.

How come he keeps postponing his comeback? Is he still injured or still trying to find his game. I miss him Goddamnit!

Truc
03-09-2007, 04:07 PM
He says he's not feeling ready yet, he hopes he will get back his motivation, etc. It definitely seems to be more mental. He's also working with a psychologist now.
lau posted a summary in English of a recent TV interview here: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=4913941&postcount=1188 ("He is training but he is not in the right state of mind to play a tournament. The April date is set as a goal, as a motivation, but he doesn´t know if he´ll be able to play by then. He hopes, he wishes, but he doesn´t know." etc.)

artlinkletter
03-09-2007, 04:19 PM
Thanks for that Truc (and Lau). A very good read. I hope he comes back, but not to rush himself. He is such a tormented soul. *sigh* But I like what he said about Federer:).

rubsch
03-09-2007, 04:59 PM
That interview ist really cute^^
Just as cute as he is...

I can remember someone who held a flag with Coria's name on it at the football world cup in Germany last year, it was the match Argentina vs. Germany... Hopefully he saw that... :)

scoobs
03-09-2007, 07:23 PM
It sounds to me like Coria is still searching for a reason to come back and play and hasn't yet found it.

RickDaStick
03-09-2007, 07:25 PM
Who cares? Aslong as these 2 clowns stay away from the tour, then im happy.

Horatio Caine
03-09-2007, 07:26 PM
Who cares? Aslong as these 2 clowns stay away from the tour, then im happy.

Dude, what have you got against Dent? Have you ever spoken to the guy?

RickDaStick
03-09-2007, 07:30 PM
Dude, what have you got against Dent? Have you ever spoken to the guy?

I have not. I am sure he is a nice guy but im not a big fan of his game. It sucks injuries ruined his career but what can you do. Coria on the otherhand is a prick and i do not like him.

Horatio Caine
03-09-2007, 07:51 PM
I have not. I am sure he is a nice guy but im not a big fan of his game. It sucks injuries ruined his career but what can you do.

I knew you had more compassion in that icy heart of yours :kiss:

Coria on the otherhand is a prick and i do not like him.

:haha: :haha:

Jaap
03-09-2007, 07:56 PM
Hopefully Coria never plays again.

rubsch
03-09-2007, 09:14 PM
What's your problem?
Don't post in that thread if you don't like Coria...

Did you ever meet him? I don't think so

Weil ihr behinderten vollspasten doch eh nie aus eurem kuhkaff herauskommt und deswegen wahrscheinlich noch nie überhaupt nen tennisschläger in der hand hattet, geschweigedenn n tunier besucht.... HORST :rolleyes:

Peoples
03-09-2007, 09:43 PM
What's your problem?
Don't post in that thread if you don't like Coria...

Did you ever meet him? I don't think so

Weil ihr behinderten vollspasten doch eh nie aus eurem kuhkaff herauskommt und deswegen wahrscheinlich noch nie überhaupt nen tennisschläger in der hand hattet, geschweigedenn n tunier besucht.... HORST :rolleyes:
rubsch = rubbish ?

safinaferrero
03-10-2007, 01:10 AM
Well what's going on with Dent&Coria? Nothin' that's the problem :lol: seriously no idea i've heard that both were injured nothin more :scratch: anyway both are still young so they can come back anytime if they feel ready for ...

rubsch
03-10-2007, 09:42 AM
rubsch = rubbish ?

Exactly! How did you find out? Wow I am really impressed! I can't stop applauding! You are so intellingent :worship:

Sofonda Cox
03-10-2007, 09:44 AM
i thought Dent was getting a sex change..................into a man:wavey:

mtw
03-10-2007, 01:48 PM
rubsch = rubbish ?

What do you want from G. Coria? Why do you pick on him?
Have you mental problems?

Julio1974
03-10-2007, 01:50 PM
Exactly! How did you find out? Wow I am really impressed! I can't stop applauding! You are so intellingent :worship:

You will have to get used to him. You'll find his "smart" comments in any thread about Coria. I think he's sexually obsessed with Coria.

mtw
03-10-2007, 01:57 PM
He says he's not feeling ready yet, he hopes he will get back his motivation, etc. It definitely seems to be more mental. He's also working with a psychologist now.
lau posted a summary in English of a recent TV interview here: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=4913941&postcount=1188 ("He is training but he is not in the right state of mind to play a tournament. The April date is set as a goal, as a motivation, but he doesn´t know if he´ll be able to play by then. He hopes, he wishes, but he doesn´t know." etc.)

He had injury of big muscle in leg quite recently. He must cure it. Has he to limp during play? Proffesional sport is not, as amateur one. People give all from theirselves. It is huge physical effort. Why do you still write, that he has a mental problem?
Have you heard the history of Thierry Henry ( good French footballer )? He beginn to play and during this activity, he injured straight muscle of abdomen and groin. And effect is, that he must take rest to the end of the this year. Has he mental problem too?

rubsch
03-10-2007, 02:13 PM
You will have to get used to him. You'll find his "smart" comments in any thread about Coria. I think he's sexually obsessed with Coria.

Yes... I will try^^ ;)
Thanks for the tip :)

Peoples
03-10-2007, 03:50 PM
What do you want from G. Coria? Why do you pick on him?
Have you mental problems?

I don't pick on him and I think it's you who has the mental problem of repeating one sentence 12 times in a thread.

I found it good entertainment when the weasel got slaughtered by guys like Sabau, Gremelmayr, Di Mauro etc all on clay. It was like an experiment of inserting one WTA player to ATP and see how she does. In a way Julio the dopetard is right, it was quite a sexual experiment for Coria, the bottomest guy of them all.

Johnny Groove
03-10-2007, 03:52 PM
yes, what IS going on with Dent and Coria? :aplot:

Julio1974
03-10-2007, 04:00 PM
He had injury of big muscle in leg quite recently. He must cure it. Has he to limp during play? Proffesional sport is not, as amateur one. People give all from theirselves. It is huge physical effort. Why do you still write, that he has a mental problem?
Have you heard the history of Thierry Henry ( good French footballer )? He beginn to play and during this activity, he injured straight muscle of abdomen and groin. And effect is, that he must take rest to the end of the this year. Has he mental problem too?

Every person who knows something about Coria are aware of his mental problems. Your posts about Coria (esp. in Coria's forums) show you don't have the slightest idea what you are talking about.

mtw
03-12-2007, 04:13 PM
Every person who knows something about Coria are aware of his mental problems. Your posts about Coria (esp. in Coria's forums) show you don't have the slightest idea what you are talking about.

It is opinion of a representative of your press, who knows only one subject ( mental problems ) and nothing more. Maybe this representative has own mental problems. It seems, that he/she is hazard addicted. He admitted it indirectly a few times. This journalist is the largest opponent of Round Robin system. Probably, cause of difficulties with bets after introducing of this system. And it is very hard to rest on opinion of journalist, who has idea maybe about literary means and social gossips besides bloody idea of other cases including medical and psychological problems.

mtw
03-12-2007, 04:16 PM
I don't pick on him and I think it's you who has the mental problem of repeating one sentence 12 times in a thread.

Do you count it? Does your obsession concern my person too?
You must go to a good psychiatrist.

Jimnik
04-10-2007, 10:34 PM

According to the ATP site, he'll be back in 4-5 months:

http://www.atptennis.com/en/news/2007/dent_surgery.asp

Deboogle!.
04-10-2007, 10:35 PM
Well hopefully that's true. he was originally supposed to be back for the grass season LAST Year :sobbing:

Kitty de Sade
04-10-2007, 10:36 PM
Good to hear- hopefully he recovers quickly. :)