The Indian wells draw is out [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The Indian wells draw is out

Emilio
03-06-2007, 09:45 PM
Here is
http://www.pacificlifeopen.com/4/assets/common/TrackIt.asp?file=http://www.pacificlifeopen.com/4/assets/pdfs/draws/ATPMDS071.pdf

Hope safin does it well here

atheneglaukopis
03-06-2007, 09:46 PM
And in the spirit of the friendly competition with J'torian, my first reply will be off topic.
Here is
http://www.pacificlifeopen.com/4/assets/common/TrackIt.asp?file=http://www.pacificlifeopen.com/4/assets/pdfs/draws/ATPMDS071.pdf

Hope safin do it well hereSafin "does" it well everywhere.

stroszek
Tough for Safin, will probably have to beat Murray and Davydenko just to make the quarters.

Guga vs del Potro in round 1 is an exciting thought.

BD006
Rafa has Misha and Berdych in his quarter.

Naranoc
03-06-2007, 09:47 PM
Just to make it easier.

(1) FEDERER, Roger SUI/BYE
QUALIFIER v HAJEK, Jan CZE
MOYA, Carlos ESP v QUALIFIER
BYE/(25)STEPANEK, Radek CZE
(19)HEWITT, Lleyton AUS/BYE
TIPSAREVIC, Janko SRB v SRICHAPHAN, Paradorn THA
HORNA, Luis PER v VOLANDRI, Filippo ITA
BYE/(14)FERRER, David ESP
(12)DJOKOVIC, Novak SRB/BYE
GINEPRI, Robby USA v (WC)KENDRICK, Robert USA
KOROLEV, Evgeny RUS v GREUL, Simon GER
BYE/(20)TURSUNOV, Dmitry RUS
MELZER, Jurgen AUT/BYE
MONFILS, Gael FRA v BENNETEAU, Julien FRA
PLESS, Kristian DEN v SERRA, Florent FRA
BYE/(6)BLAKE, James USA

(4)DAVYDENKO, Nikolay/BYE
ROCHUS, Christophe v (WC)QUERREY, Sam
HENMAN, Tim v HERNYCH, Jan
BYE/(28)CALLERI, Agustin
(23)SAFIN, Marat/BYE
MONACO, Juan v MAHUT, Nicolas
QUALIFIER v QUALIFIER
BYE/(13)MURRAY, Andy
(9)HAAS, Tommy/BYE
QUALIFIER v QUALIFIER
VLIEGEN, Kristof v QUALIFIER
BYE/(24)HRBATY, Dominik
(26)SODERLING, Robin/BYE
GIMELSTOB, Justin v BRACCIALI, Daniele
DANCEVIC, Frank v QUALIFIER
BYE/(5)GONZALEZ, Fernando

(8)LJUBICIC, Ivan CRO/BYE
BECKER, Benjamin GER v QUALIFIER
MIRNYI, Max BLR v JOHANSSON, Thomas SWE
BYE/(31)ALMAGRO, Nicolas ESP
(21)FISH, Mardy USA/BYE
MARTIN, Alberto ESP v MATHIEU, Paul-Henri FRA
KOHLSCHREIBER, Philipp GER v LEE, Hyung-Taik KOR
BYE/(10)NALBANDIAN, David ARG
(15)GASQUET, Richard FRA/BYE
(WC)KUERTEN, Gustavo BRA v DEL POTRO, Juan Martin ARG
ROITMAN, Sergio ARG v GOLDSTEIN, Paul USA
BYE/(18)NIEMINEN, Jarkko FIN
MALISSE, Xavier BEL/BYE
KOUBEK, Stefan AUT v SPADEA, Vincent USA
LOPEZ, Feliciano ESP v ROCHUS, Olivier BEL
BYE/(3)RODDICK, Andy USA

(7)ROBREDO, Tommy/BYE
SIMON, Gilles v QUALIFIER
PHAU, Bjorn v BJORKMAN, Jonas
BYE/(30)CHELA, Juan Ignacio
(17)BAGHDATIS, Marcos/BYE
GARCIA-LOPEZ, Guillermo v MASSU, Nicolas
(WC)RUSSELL, Michael v GICQUEL, Marc
BYE/(11)BERDYCH, Tomas
(16)YOUZHNY, Mikhail/BYE
GROSJEAN, Sebastien v ACASUSO, Jose
MAYER, Florian v KUNITSYN, Igor
BYE/(22)FERRERO, Juan Carlos
(32)VERDASCO, Fernando/BYE
QUALIFIER v (WC)KUZNETSOV, Alex
QUALIFIER v CLEMENT, Arnaud
BYE/(2)NADAL, Rafael

Headbump
03-06-2007, 09:47 PM
Will Nalbandian play? if not, easy draw for Ljubicic.

Emilio
03-06-2007, 09:48 PM
Tough for Safin, will probably have to beat Murray and Davydenko just to make the quarters.

Guga vs del Potro in round 1 is an exciting thought.

veryy hard for Safin at QF

Jaap
03-06-2007, 09:48 PM
Here is

Hope safin do it well here

Murray will beat him in round 3.

atheneglaukopis
03-06-2007, 09:49 PM
Thanks, Naranoc. :) I'd like to see Rafa make it past Youzhny this time, but have doubts that he will.

Byrd
03-06-2007, 09:53 PM
Ouch for Nadal

R1 Bye
R2 Clement
R3 Verdasco
R4 Youzhny/Ferrero
QF Berdych/Baghdatis
SF Ljubicic/Roddick/Gasquet/Nalbandian/Malisse
F Federer (most probably)

Emilio
03-06-2007, 09:53 PM
Murray will beat him in round 3.

we will see:armed:

RonE
03-06-2007, 09:56 PM
Hhmmmm not a bad draw :)

Sunset of Age
03-06-2007, 09:57 PM
Heavy draw for Rafa - seems he's bumping into the same bunch of Angstgegner again.
Well, perhaps time for him to set things right...!

Allure
03-06-2007, 10:00 PM
Gasquet in Federer's side of the draw:mad:

MariaV
03-06-2007, 10:00 PM
Not bad first rounds for Marat. :tape: :ignore: I'll stop jinxing now. :D

Jimnik
03-06-2007, 10:01 PM
Roddick will fancy his chances of making the final with Haas, Murray and Federer on the other side. Hopefully, we'll see a Nadal-Roddick SF.

Haas-Murray in the QF could be interesting. I don't think Gonzalez will be a threat after 4 weeks of no tennis.

Feketepuss
03-06-2007, 10:02 PM

No he isn't! He's in Roddick's quarter of Nadal's half

Allure
03-06-2007, 10:03 PM
No he isn't! He's in Roddick's quarter of Nadal's half

Are you sure. Maybe I read it wrong.:o

zicofirol
03-06-2007, 10:03 PM
If del potro is healthy and gets by Gugag I think he will take out gasquet, bet 10,000 grand on it, lol

guga2120
03-06-2007, 10:17 PM
i hope Kuerten wins his 1st round and and gets to play Gasquet, that would be an intresting match. I just hope Kuerten does well here and does not lose in the first match.

scoobs
03-06-2007, 10:18 PM
Same old same old for Rafa - it's tricky to avoid 5 or 6 players who have given you a beating on hardcourts in a tournament - likelihood is you'll run into one or two of them at some stage.

He has to find ways to get by them, simply put.

Kalliopeia
03-06-2007, 10:21 PM
And in the spirit of the friendly competition with J'torian, my first reply will be off topic.
Safin "does" it well everywhere.

Is that so? I'm afraid your word isn't good enough. I'm going to have to conduct exhaustive personal research, with myself as the tester of course, to be sure.

Topic?

Um. Could be worse. Vamos Rafa! :D

General Suburbia
03-06-2007, 10:21 PM
umm...no?

Looks to be a pretty good draw. No cakewalks for any one player.

Yappa
03-06-2007, 10:27 PM
Uh oh, Nadal might already lose in the 2nd round.

Haas to meet Gonzalez in 1/8-Final? Hope not. Soderling, I am counting on you. :D

AnnaK_4ever
03-06-2007, 10:28 PM
I just hope Tursunov, Safin and Korolev will be able to win one match each.
Rather good draw for A-Rod, the other hand. Malisse is the only threat in his quarter, I think.
And poor Lleyton: Roger in 4th round :big cry:

LLeytonRules
03-06-2007, 10:29 PM
Not so fast Roddick fans.He could meet Olivier Rochus in the second round whose tough and Malisse in the 3rd round.I think Roddick will have his hands full with those 2 matches if both guys play well.

Or Levy
03-06-2007, 10:45 PM
Good draw for Roddick, a Nadal/Roddick Semis would be sweet, especially as they would tire each other out for Roger :)

Frankly, with Nadal getting such a tough draw and probably not making it to the Final - I see another title with Rog's name on it.

I also predict a revange on Novak :) he would NOT drop a set this time, if the meet eventually.

Rosa Luxembourg
03-06-2007, 10:50 PM
Hopefully, Federer will take a good care of Blake if Djokovic or Monfils don't.

:bounce:

R.Federer
03-06-2007, 10:51 PM
Hoping for a Blake-Korolev match in R16! :bounce:

That would be a little awkward don't you think?! :)

Saumon
03-06-2007, 10:54 PM
I just hope Tursunov, Safin and Korolev will be able to win one match each.

Tursunov will have to play to win a match tho :awww:

gam_jonte
03-06-2007, 10:57 PM
Since i'm swedish my hopes is on söderling, hope he can repeat last years crushing victory over gonzalez ^^

AnnaK_4ever
03-06-2007, 11:09 PM
Tursunov will have to play to win a match tho :awww:

Yes, that's what I mean too. His 2nd round opponent is beatable but will Mitya just compete in this match?

Horatio Caine
03-06-2007, 11:10 PM
I don't think Gonzalez will be a threat after 4 weeks of no tennis.

Gonzo is a threat anywhere imo.

david_williams
03-06-2007, 11:13 PM
I'd appreciate it if Sam surprise us in the 2nd round :)

zicofirol
03-06-2007, 11:42 PM
i forgot to say, that why does it always seem that boredo and ferrer get such easy draws, its pathetic really I cant wait till boredo gets out of the top 10...

safinaferrero
03-07-2007, 12:09 AM
There will be quite some interesting matchs even if we all know who will win the tournement...Fedex express how surprisinghttp://imgsrv2.tennisuniverse.com/mtf/images/smilies/armed.gif

Bremen
03-07-2007, 01:27 AM
I guess this is a good place to post this: "Federer would set a new Open Era record (since 1968) for the longest winning streak (47 matches) if he wins the title. Guillermo Vilas currently holds the record of 46 matches."

That's from the official site....I thought there were 6 rounds in this tournament and Federer since he gets a bye would only play 5 therefore tying him with Vilas if he were to win. He can't actually break the record at this tournament can he? Is the official site wrong?

Magus13
03-07-2007, 01:28 AM
Nadal fans are always complaining about the draw Fed gets. I think it's Roddick who gets best draws especially in the US. They treat him like he's the number 1 or 2. At the US open he got all the Night center court matches and a great draw. The USTA goes out of their way to cater Roddick, that's the real complaint. Personally I never care about Fed's draw.

shotgun
03-07-2007, 01:41 AM
I don't like Guga's chances against Del Potro, but should be an interesting encounter nonetheless. The greatest South American player of the last decade against probably the greatest South American player of the next decade.

Sjengster
03-07-2007, 01:54 AM
I guess this is a good place to post this: "Federer would set a new Open Era record (since 1968) for the longest winning streak (47 matches) if he wins the title. Guillermo Vilas currently holds the record of 46 matches."

That's from the official site....I thought there were 6 rounds in this tournament and Federer since he gets a bye would only play 5 therefore tying him with Vilas if he were to win. He can't actually break the record at this tournament can he? Is the official site wrong?

6 rounds for the seeds, 7 for everyone else. ;)

Bremen
03-07-2007, 01:59 AM
6 rounds for the seeds, 7 for everyone else. ;)

Huh...thanks. I thought only grand slams went 7 rounds. Is this the only tournament that does this or are there others? Miami for instance?

dylan24
03-07-2007, 02:12 AM
federer over roddick in final

Snowwy
03-07-2007, 03:27 AM
Dancevic gets a qualifier!!!!

MarieS
03-07-2007, 03:31 AM
Not bad first rounds for Marat. :tape: :ignore: I'll stop jinxing now. :D

Bye will be tricky :lol:.

sawan66278
03-07-2007, 03:50 AM
Over the last six months, it appears there have been two almost certain facts:

1. Roger will win the tourney,
2. Rafa will be in the same section as Blake, Misha, or Berdych....and not Fat Dave or Marat.

Rafa needs to beat these guys, and I, for one, want to keep seeing this matchup...The matches are close...its time for Rafa to pull through...

tangerine_dream
03-07-2007, 03:53 AM
Nadal fans are always complaining about the draw Fed gets. I think it's Roddick who gets best draws especially in the US. They treat him like he's the number 1 or 2. At the US open he got all the Night center court matches and a great draw. The USTA goes out of their way to cater Roddick, that's the real complaint.
http://www.gentlemenscafe.com/whiner.gif

R.Federer
03-07-2007, 04:27 AM
OMG :haha: This is too funny :rolls:
Perfect fit.

Castafiore
03-07-2007, 06:32 AM
:lol:

Brilliant!

DrJules
03-07-2007, 06:35 AM

Is that a picture of you.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jimnik
03-07-2007, 06:40 AM
Not so fast Roddick fans.He could meet Olivier Rochus in the second round whose tough and Malisse in the 3rd round.I think Roddick will have his hands full with those 2 matches if both guys play well.
Andy v Malisse (http://www.atptennis.com/5/en/players/headtohead/default.asp?playernum1=R485&playernum2=M680)
Andy v Rochus (http://www.atptennis.com/5/en/players/headtohead/default.asp?playernum1=R485&playernum2=R397)

Yes, I'm sure he's quaking in his boots.

The one opponent you haven't mentioned is BYE. I think he'll be more tough than the other two.

stebs
03-07-2007, 07:00 AM
Pretty fair draw I think. Federer probably has the best of it. I think every tournament will be a 'tough' draw for Nadal until he learns how to beat some players. There are 5 or 6 players who he can face which makes his draw hard so I think it is pretty likely he will have to face at least 1 or 2 of them before the final.

Lleyton159
03-07-2007, 07:00 AM
Crap draw for Lleyton!!

almouchie
03-07-2007, 08:16 AM
hope federer doesnt win this too
its getting reaaaaallllllly boring

madmanfool
03-07-2007, 10:04 AM
All my support for Guga :worship:

oz_boz
03-07-2007, 10:39 AM
Nadal-Roddick SF? :D Rafa will need some luck then, Youzhny 4th and (perhaps) Berdycj in QF. :unsure:

Fed's half has both Haas and Murray, but he won't have to face both of them.

I think Fed and Roddick will win their quarters.

Corey Feldman
03-07-2007, 12:03 PM
I really dont get the seedings sometimes :lol:
Fed is seeded 1st, but plays #25 in r32.. yet every other seed from 2-8 gets (by seeding) easier players = 26-32.
nadal at 2 gets #32 seed.

and ppl talk about easy draws lol.

vincayou
03-07-2007, 12:07 PM
Not easy for Gasquet with Del Potro around, but he should prevail and Niemienen has been crap lately. Roddick is certainly a better draw than Roger, so all in all a good draw for Richie. I prefer Del Potro in 2nd that Federer in 1/8.

Black Adam
03-07-2007, 12:15 PM
Roddick is 2-0 vs Rochus and owns Malisse 7-0 with the loss of only 2 sets.:p

Puschkin
03-07-2007, 12:18 PM
Roddick ........owns Malisse 7-0 with the loss of only 2 sets.:p
But som eof these wins date back to the summer of 2003 when Roddick owned everyone. ;)

ASP0315
03-07-2007, 12:22 PM
Nadal fans are always complaining about the draw Fed gets. I think it's Roddick who gets best draws especially in the US. They treat him like he's the number 1 or 2. At the US open he got all the Night center court matches and a great draw. The USTA goes out of their way to cater Roddick, that's the real complaint. Personally I never care about Fed's draw.

Don't be suprised if the USO courts speed up this year(and we can see players hitting 160 mph serves. :devil: )

I agree with Roddick geting favorable scheduling and draws at USO. But he got bad scheduling at Wimby 2004 and 2005. In Wimby 2005 he had to play b ack to back 5 set matches(saturday and sunday.) where as Federer got a whole day of.(saturday off.) USO has the right to arrainge favorable draws for thier players. Federer isn't having any cupcake draws. (expect for French Open last year.) Wimbledon threw him a hard draw at him but you know what happened right.

ASP0315
03-07-2007, 12:28 PM
Roddick is 2-0 vs Rochus and owns Malisse 7-0 with the loss of only 2 sets.:p

Mallisse and Rochus different players now. Roddick even owned Blake too at that time. But Blake beat him in thier last two encounters. Roddick in 2003 is different from Roddick in 2006. ;)

Corey Feldman
03-07-2007, 12:30 PM
But som eof these wins date back to the summer of 2003 when Roddick owned everyone. ;)Time for a Fedtard moment but......
almost everyone
;);)

Hendu
03-07-2007, 12:59 PM
Don't be suprised if the USO courts speed up this year(and we can see players hitting 160 mph serves. :devil: )

I agree with Roddick geting favorable scheduling and draws at USO. But he got bad scheduling at Wimby 2004 and 2005. In Wimby 2005 he had to play b ack to back 5 set matches(saturday and sunday.) where as Federer got a whole day of.(saturday off.) USO has the right to arrainge favorable draws for thier players. Federer isn't having any cupcake draws. (expect for French Open last year.) Wimbledon threw him a hard draw at him but you know what happened right.

what????

didn't know that rule.... :rolleyes:

Magus13
03-07-2007, 01:09 PM

Nobody was crying. You conveniently left off the last sentence of my qoute that said "Personally I could care less about Fed's Draw" To do that makes you a coward and as bad as all the posters who come up with half quotes to try and make a ridiculous point. Most people think Roddick gets treated better in the US than not only Fed and Nadal but all the Americans includeing Blake. Don't be an asshole. Have the balls to print my entire qoute.

Federerhingis
03-07-2007, 01:31 PM
Heavy draw for Rafa - seems he's bumping into the same bunch of Angstgegner again.

On paper it looks very challenging indeed given he's struggled against both Mikhail and Tomas recently. Nonetheless, he'l make the round of sixteen without too much trouble.

Besides I doubt he'l lose again to the same player consecutively, he's probably figured out why he's struggled against them, and he too is much more consistent and mentally tougher than both.

Feketepuss
03-07-2007, 01:39 PM
On paper it looks very challenging indeed given he's struggled against both Mikhail and Tomas recently. Nonetheless, he'l make the round of sixteen without too much trouble.

Besides I doubt he'l lose again to the same player consecutively, he's probably figured out why he's struggled against them, and he too is much more consistent and mentally tougher than both.

Well, he's lost 3 in a row to Berdych, 3 in a row to Blake, 2 in a row to Youzhny. And 2 in a row to Federer (3 if you include Seoul). In fact, it could be argued that once a player has beaten Nadal, he struggles to find a way to beat them again.

my0118
03-07-2007, 02:26 PM

It's just my thought, I don't think Roddick gets the better draw than Fed. But don't get me wrong, I'm just saying that right now we're seeing Fed's just unbeatable, so anyone in Fed's side could not be seen as a threat except Nadal who has better H2H against Fed and never will be in Fed's side until he drops his No.2 ranking. However, even though Roddick who certainly a better player than a year before, he could be challenged by any in-form player.
How can it be said about Nadal? although certainly he has had a weak point against a big flat hitter like Blake and Berdych, if he was the player like about a year ago, we would be talking he has a chance. Sadly it seems he's not which means many players have a possibility to beat him. So it looks like Nadal has a tough draw compared to Fed and even Roddick.
And speaking of against Youzhny. Of course youzhny has officially become a new Nadal's killa, but Nadal needs to pull this off to raise his confidence and prove himself he's the one who ranking says. otherwise, well... more and more piggy roasting?? anyway I hope not it will happen even though I'm not a his fan.

Apemant
03-07-2007, 02:30 PM
I really dont get the seedings sometimes :lol:

You kidding me? :)

I've explained it in detail to Sondraj06 in that thread
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?p=4943111#post4943111

Fumus
03-07-2007, 02:32 PM
This could be Nadal's coming out party. Let's not forget he did make the semis last year. Sure Nadal has got a tough draw, infact the toughest draw of any of the seeded players. I think that's what Rafa wants, I think that's what he wants. HE WANTS TO BE COUNTED OUT, HE WANTS TO BE THE UNDER-DOG. Nadal has the game to be number 1 in the world, he just needs to make some adjustments, we'll see what he does. I don't think he will lose to Youzhny this time around, I think he can beat Berdych. You just need to get over that hump once, ya figure it out a-one-time and then I see him beat his Nemesis...the dreaded flat hitter. Let's remember Federer had a similar problem against the pusher, counter-puncher types. He sure figured that out...didn't he?

Apemant
03-07-2007, 02:50 PM
This could be Nadal's coming out party. Let's not forget he did make the semis last year.

That means precisely jack; last year Ljubo made Q here and F at Miami and only because he bumped into Fed each time. So using your argument someone could claim that he should make the final here as well, since he's not in Fed's half.

Of course, I'm not saying he should, just putting your claim into perspective. Based on his performance on HC this year, you don't have much reason for optimism - although, no doubt that anything could happen, even something as far-fetched as Rafa winning this year's IW.

Sunset of Age
03-07-2007, 03:26 PM

I hope you're right, but my feelings about it are quite different... I dare question Rafa's mental toughness lately, especially in the case he would have to play Misha again. Raf's rather emotional reactions when he got that dubious (?) out call at the TB of that first set in Dubai didn't seem a display of 'mental toughness' to me, rather the contrary!

But yeah - I do expect him to reach the round of sixteen, and hope he'll be able to come through further this time. Let's see what happens, and keep our fingers crossed. ;)

Black Adam
03-07-2007, 03:59 PM
Mallisse and Rochus different players now. Roddick even owned Blake too at that time. But Blake beat him in thier last two encounters. Roddick in 2003 is different from Roddick in 2006. ;)
In case you are not aware, we happen to be in 2007.

Horatio Caine
03-07-2007, 04:05 PM

Speed of serve has nothing to do with speed of court

nihil66
03-07-2007, 04:11 PM
Speed of serve has nothing to do with speed of court

the speed is measured at the moment the ball leaves the racquet, right?

Horatio Caine
03-07-2007, 04:13 PM

Yep :)

Apemant
03-07-2007, 04:18 PM

Since when is that? I thought they used to measure the average of before and after it hits the ground?

FiBeR
03-07-2007, 04:24 PM
I hope Calleri and Nalbandian are fit enough to play :sad:

stebs
03-07-2007, 04:28 PM

He is always going to bump into tough players if there are that many players in the draw for him that are tough. It is the same logic which is behind Federer ALWAYS getting good draws because there is no-one that is a bad draw for him.

stebs
03-07-2007, 04:32 PM
This could be Nadal's coming out party. Let's not forget he did make the semis last year. Sure Nadal has got a tough draw, infact the toughest draw of any of the seeded players. I think that's what Rafa wants, I think that's what he wants. HE WANTS TO BE COUNTED OUT, HE WANTS TO BE THE UNDER-DOG. Nadal has the game to be number 1 in the world, he just needs to make some adjustments, we'll see what he does. I don't think he will lose to Youzhny this time around, I think he can beat Berdych. You just need to get over that hump once, ya figure it out a-one-time and then I see him beat his Nemesis...the dreaded flat hitter. Let's remember Federer had a similar problem against the pusher, counter-puncher types. He sure figured that out...didn't he?

1. There's this fella called Roger... ;)

2. No offense against Rafa but the quality Federer has of 'working out' opponents is VERY rare, even amongst great players. I don't actually recall anyone with that quality like Roger has to do that and I don't believe Rafa has it to such an extent.

I have said it so many times now but the fact of it is Rafa will always have problems against big hitters on form. They will always beat him, it's as simple as that. His game isn't that versatile, just because he is a great player people assume he has the ability to change his game up completely but he can't do it. His game is his game and if he gets outplayed he loses, he can't help it. It is still possible for him to beat those flat hitters but it has to be them missing becuase Nadal hasn't the power to outplay them.

Sunset of Age
03-07-2007, 04:34 PM
He is always going to bump into tough players if there are that many players in the draw for him that are tough. It is the same logic which is behind Federer ALWAYS getting good draws because there is no-one that is a bad draw for him.

True. I know. I guess I'm the only Fed fan who always thinks he'll have to do the job first, in stead of seeing it as a given fact that he will manage any time, anywhere. Roger is human too, you know... ;) - he in fact always astonishes me when he *manages*, again-and-again...

You can't deny that there are a lot of people in Raf's draw that have recently given him a bit of trouble, to express myself cautiously.

To conclude: however heavy or not, at least I think the draws are fair. :angel:

Corey Feldman
03-07-2007, 04:35 PM
Nadal has the game to be number 1 in the world

you do read some funny shit at MTF thesedays :lol:

Pea
03-07-2007, 05:19 PM
What a top heavy draw.

rosamunda
03-07-2007, 05:21 PM
True. I know. I guess I'm the only Fed fan who always thinks he'll have to do the job first, in stead of seeing it as a given fact that he will manage any time, anywhere. Roger is human too, you know... ;) - he in fact always astonishes me when he *manages*, again-and-again...

You can't deny that there are a lot of people in Raf's draw that have recently given him a bit of trouble, to express myself cautiously.

To conclude: however heavy or not, at least I think the draws are fair. :angel:

You're not the only Fedfan who thinks like that. Every tournament I wonder if this is the one he's going to lose. Nothing is a given and, as you say, I'm always gobsmacked when he does it time and time again. And he does have some sticky ones sometimes - Dubai being a good example - thought he might go out in the first round! :eek: I should have known better.....

As for Rafa, he does have his work cut out for him, but it's also not a given that Youzhny, Berdych etc will continue to beat him ad infinitum.

ljubicic_
03-07-2007, 05:29 PM
Nadal has the game to be number 1 in the world

you do read some funny shit at MTF thesedays :lol:

20 year old guy who won 2 grand slams so it isn't strange that some people are thinking that

R.Federer
03-07-2007, 05:31 PM
20 year old guy who won 2 grand slams so it isn't strange that some people are thinking that

I think Mikey's (that would be Escude;s) point is not just about Rafael's ability, but the situation -- with a dominant #1 so far away from the #2, that despite the fantastic achievements of a 20 year old having two slams, and other great results, #1 is quite a distance away. He might get it subsequently, but if he doesn't many will agree that he was the best #2 who was denied a chance to be #1 because of the pool he played with.

sondraj06
03-07-2007, 05:38 PM
I think Mikey's (that would be Escude;s) point is not just about Rafael's ability, but the situation -- with a dominant #1 so far away from the #2, that despite the fantastic achievements of a 20 year old having two slams, and other great results, #1 is quite a distance away. He might get it subsequently, but if he doesn't many will agree that he was the best #2 who was denied a chance to be #1 because of the pool he played with.

I think that is the most honest thing any one's said about those two in a long time, well maybe not the most honest any one's said. People can be fair when it comes to these two, you just have to weed through so much crap. But I agree 100%.:)

ljubicic_
03-07-2007, 05:46 PM

Federer won't dominate for ever the tour when he's 28 his form wil drop(probably) and then Nadal will be the new number 1, if he keeps this form offcourse

nobama
03-07-2007, 05:47 PM
Nobody was crying. You conveniently left off the last sentence of my qoute that said "Personally I could care less about Fed's Draw" To do that makes you a coward and as bad as all the posters who come up with half quotes to try and make a ridiculous point. Most people think Roddick gets treated better in the US than not only Fed and Nadal but all the Americans includeing Blake. Don't be an asshole. Have the balls to print my entire qoute.Hey, go easy. TD was only posting a pic of herself for everyone to see. :)

ASP0315
03-07-2007, 05:47 PM
In case you are not aware, we happen to be in 2007.

2006/2007 season i mean :p

R.Federer
03-07-2007, 05:52 PM
Federer won't dominate for ever the tour when he's 28 his form wil drop(probably) and then Nadal will be the new number 1, if he keeps this form offcourse

Yes, Federer will not dominate for ever, no one disputes that. But there are many other young players coming up, nadal's age, who have not physically and mentally matured as fast as nadal. I don't think you can discount players like murray, djokovic, berdych, korolev maybe, others, and what they will be able to do in 2-3 years' time.

Nadal will be the new number 1, if he keeps this form offcourse
By this, I guess you mean his form last two years. I don't think he himself wants to keep his current form

ASP0315
03-07-2007, 06:03 PM

Exactly. Nadal will be world number one in a couple of years. But he should think of limiting Grass court tournaments(as he gets older.) in order to avoid career threatening injuries. If guga can be world number one. i don't see why nadal can't reach that milestone.

yana
03-07-2007, 06:04 PM
Good luck to Nadal! He really need it right now! I wonder if he'll pass those damn quarters...:rolleyes:

Sunset of Age
03-07-2007, 06:11 PM

Well said, R.Federer, and ever so true.

Oh, and among the people who believe that Raf will one day get that #1 spot is a certain Swiss bloke who seems to know quite a bit about tennis... see my signature! ;)

jcempire
03-07-2007, 06:16 PM
Roger alway got a easy draw

R.Federer
03-07-2007, 06:22 PM

Naaah. He just makes it look that way because he has good H2H's with 99% of the tour.

One year ago, most people would have considered this draw for Nadal as very good either. But once the H2H's against Comrade and Berdy have gone south, it suddenly looks like a harder draw.

stebs
03-07-2007, 08:16 PM

There can be no hard draw for Roger because he is better than everyone else.

jazar
03-07-2007, 08:27 PM
rog has a cakewalk to the final. tough draw for guga though

stebs
03-07-2007, 08:45 PM
rog has a cakewalk to the final. tough draw for guga though

Tough for Guga? I don't think so. He has avoided a seed in the first round and he has a potentially winnable second round. Can't hope for much more really.

jazar
03-07-2007, 08:53 PM
Tough for Guga? I don't think so. He has avoided a seed in the first round and he has a potentially winnable second round. Can't hope for much more really.

it could definitely be easier. i would think msot players would want to avoid del potro in the first round, especially if they are low on match wins, like guga

Adler
03-07-2007, 08:59 PM
Today, almost EVERY draw is difficult for Guga

stebs
03-07-2007, 09:03 PM
it could definitely be easier. i would think msot players would want to avoid del potro in the first round, especially if they are low on match wins, like guga

Del Potro isn't a dream but everyoe at this level is a good player.

nobama
03-07-2007, 11:53 PM
According to the IW box office all R32 matches are being played on Monday and R16 will be spread out over Tuesday and Wednesday. Is that how it normally happens? Also I see it's going to be very hot. weather.com has temps for Saturday - Tuesday in the 90s.

sondraj06
03-08-2007, 01:34 AM
According to the IW box office all R32 matches are being played on Monday and R16 will be spread out over Tuesday and Wednesday. Is that how it normally happens? Also I see it's going to be very hot. weather.com has temps for Saturday - Tuesday in the 90s.

Well lucky CA, it's freaking freezing over here. It's official I'm jealous, they get rafa and warmth. I guess I have to just wait for cincy

connectolove
03-08-2007, 01:41 AM
Ouch for Nadal

R1 Bye
R2 Clement
R3 Verdasco
R4 Youzhny/Ferrero
QF Berdych/Baghdatis
SF Ljubicic/Roddick/Gasquet/Nalbandian/Malisse
F Federer (most probably)

Yes, too bad for him

Henry Chinaski
03-08-2007, 01:43 AM
Am I right in thinking that if a main draw seeded player withdraws then the highest seeded lucky loser will take his place in the 2nd round?

mangoes
03-08-2007, 01:54 AM

I agree with you and Mikey. I also think that there is a very good chance that such will happen to Nadal. I think this was Nadal's time to dominate as No. 1 and he would have done so if not for Roger. Yes, Roger's time as no. 1 will come to an end in the near future. But, with the obvious improvements in the youngsters, I think many will be waiting in the wings, quite eager, to succeed Roger.

Allure
03-08-2007, 02:22 AM
No offense to Nadal fans but I've been so spoiled by Roger's beautiful tennis that when Nadal takes over as #1 I'm always going to compare him to Roger and sorry, he just doesn't hit the shots like Fed does.:sad:

R.Federer
03-08-2007, 05:17 AM

90 F is not that bad if it is very dry, which I think it could be because this area is in/near the desert.

I have been in 100, close to that place, and not felt as bad as the temp might suggest (although, I was not running around a tennis court either so I guess it could be a bit more uncomfortable for the players).

oz_boz
03-08-2007, 09:13 AM
There can be no hard draw for Roger because he is better than everyone else.

Amen. If he keeps playing like this, the only way he could get a tough SF is by Nadal dropping his #2 spot.

Personally I believe he feels a little more comfy if Haas, Murray and Nalbandian are not on his half, but even those are questionable these days.