Who will roast Rafa in IW? [Archive] - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

Who will roast Rafa in IW?

Pages : 1 [2]

sondraj06
03-15-2007, 08:32 PM
Disagreed. Those fluffy things cross the line in my, not so humble, opinion. You could as well claim that they should play while someone sprays water on them (or throws rotten tomatoes on them :devil: ) as means of distraction, and that they, as pros, should be able to deal with it, or quit playing.

Waving those things isn't something human brain can just disregard, unlike the sound. For example most people can fall asleep in a train, with quite a lot of noise from the engine, the wind and the rails (and even the whistle). We are simply naturally capable of ignoring some sorts of sounds. But sleeping while the sun shines directly in your face is alot harder. Visible distractions are far worse than audible ones (unless the sound is really loud, sharp and sudden, like a scream or gun shot or such)

But all this is less important than the very psychology of such behaviour. Here we have a bunch of jackasses who don't content with cheering for their teams and being happy if they win or sad if they lose, but actively seek ways to disrupt the game of the opposing team. It's just a total disgrace to the spirit of competing. That's one thing I always liked about tennis: when the point begins, the crowd is supposed to keep their mouths shut and stay still.

Well I wouldn't consider it the same as hitting some one with something. And the human brain has shown to do just fine with it, pro players grow up playing and learning how to play with those types of distraction and they do just fine with it, hence the pro thing. But players tend to enjoy it when it coming from their home team.

I think maybe tennis players should play some of those other sports to get the nervousness out of them and learn how to deal with distraction. Because honestly if I hear one more commentator talk about how a player chocked or felt the pressure I'm going to quick tennis. Come on you are suppose to be a pro, learn how to deal with distraction and pressure. Stop babying these players and tell them to get it together, is what I want to say.

Loremaster
03-15-2007, 11:01 PM
What does it mean, that he was the better player in the match?

If you define 'the better player' as 'the one who wins' then of course. It's a tautology then (if you know what that is?). Then you can easily say that the better player on any given day ALWAYS wins.

But, in my vocabulary, it definitely is not the case. The better player on the day most certainly doesn't ALWAYS win. Because every competitive sport contains the element of chance - and a lot of other weird factors, but the chance itself is enough to maintain that it is quite possible to play 'better' - but still lose.

So what does all of this mean? That I think Nadal didn't deserve to win? Most certainly that is not what I'm saying: because Nadal won it fair and square, within the rules of the game. It is not forbidden to win a match using positive vibrations from the crowd who cheers for you, while it distracts your opponent whistling between serves and whatnot. I personaly find it distasteful, but it's neither Nadal's fault nor it is relevant. Many sports are subject to things like that, tennis is actually remarkable free of that most of the time.

No, it's the other thing that really pisses me off in this situation. Here we have a match which ended 7-5 in the tiebreaker of the 5th set. It was about as friggin' close as it can get, and if anyone can conclude ANYTHING from that match, it's that their level was about the same in that match. But what are people here doing? Counting that win as an argument that Ljubo is Nadal's bitch? Ok, you withdrew that comment which is nice from you, but people generally use that match as a proof that Ljubo 'can't even beat Nadal on his favourite surface'. That's pure BS, as that match certainly does not prove anything similar. A couple of balls here and there and it could have been a straight setter for Ljubo. It wasn't meant to be, but to say he just CAN'T beat him on HC - based on that match - is a complete and utter nonsense.

OK I admit that using "the better player" was misleading by writing these I mean that Rafa was the winner in the end and it is what counts.
I am not saying that you think that Rafa didn't deserved it I even didn't thought like that
OK lets make it clear I do not approve such behaviour of crowd for me it is shame but the played it in Spain so it was expected on the other hand Rafa was not 100% fit
I've made mistake with Ljubcic being Rafa bitch sorry it was my mistake , match was close but it wasn't as you are saying that couple of balls would turn it into straight sets victory that's not true, Rafa broke in 3rd set and he had been in control since that.
Considering it as a proof that Ljubo can't beat Rafa on his favourite surface could be controvensial but face the facts : Ivan was playing on his favourite surface leading 2-0 in sets against not 100% fit player and still lost He couldn't be in better situation and I didn't say that he can't beat Rafa on HC that BS I agree hear with you , he have won with Rafa on hardcourt once so he has tools to do it again

Apemant
03-16-2007, 07:40 AM
OK I admit that using "the better player" was misleading by writing these I mean that Rafa was the winner in the end and it is what counts.

Counts, yes, for the majority people maybe. But for me, everything counts, not just the final outcome. Think of it like this: if only outcomes count, then it means life has no value, as every life ends in death. The final outcome of our efforts is to be turned into space dust, some earlier, some later, but the latest possible is the heat death of the universe itself. So life on Earth, and the universe in general, is playing a game it is bound to lose in the end.

could be controvensial but face the facts : Ivan was playing on his favourite surface leading 2-0 in sets against not 100% fit player and still lost He couldn't be in better situation

Could he not? :devil: Sure he could, it could have happened someplace else and not in Madrid. But of course, the thing with Ljubo and finals happens too often to be a coincidence. Yes, he tends to freeze a bit in big occasions. It's not a secret.

But, when I see people who freeze in fear in such occasion, I wan't them to defeat that fear, to come out victorious (against the fear itself, not the opposing player - it's secondary, albeit neccessary in a competitive game). And not despise them if they fail anyway. Life is a collection of failures for everybody but a select few. And even those few are bound to fail one day or the next, in everything they are trying to do.

But here I'll stop tormenting the audience with gloomy thoughts, if anyone actually bothered to read them... ;)

bokehlicious
03-16-2007, 07:59 AM
C'mon Andy, time to overpower the kid :cool:

FluffyYellowBall
03-16-2007, 08:24 AM
Yada yada yada, just answer the simple question: did home crowd help Rafa in that match, or did it not? It's a simple yes/no question.

FluffyYellowBall mentioned that help in a sarcastic way, so I guess the answer would be 'no', but I'd like to see it black on white, for future reference. :devil:

Nt really. Sure, they halped create a great atmosphere but that didnt make ljubicic play any worse and there was still pressure on Nadal. Its after the match that it all came together. With the atmosphere of the crowd and the way he was playing, it seems to him that they made him win. If it was completely true he would he would have at least pushed Berdych a little more

neenah
03-18-2007, 09:12 PM
;)

yana
03-18-2007, 09:18 PM
The answer: nobody! :wavey:

MaryWalsh
03-18-2007, 09:19 PM
no one. pack up your barbecues, folks.

sondraj06
03-18-2007, 09:26 PM
Wow I'm soo proud, please haters make a who will roasts rafa thread for every tourney. It seems to be working magic for him.

Love ya

Rafa = Fed Killa
03-18-2007, 10:16 PM
hahhahahhahaha

Dumb old Fedtards.

GlennMirnyi
03-18-2007, 10:22 PM
Cakewalk draw. Nadal can only win when there are no quality opponents playing him. So expected. :lol:

sondraj06
03-18-2007, 10:25 PM
Oh Glenn we missed you

my0118
03-18-2007, 10:25 PM
no one, after all. :shrug:

Burrow
03-18-2007, 10:26 PM
the result of a pretty straight forward draw

Naide
03-18-2007, 10:27 PM
Cakewalk draw. Nadal can only win when there are no quality opponents playing him. So expected. :lol:

cakewalk draw because federer is not in the final
how biased is this

just accept the fact that nobody roasted him
that's all, he won

GlennMirnyi
03-18-2007, 10:29 PM
cakewalk draw because federer is not in the final
how biased is this

just accept the fact that nobody roasted him
that's all, he won

Federer is the #1. If he's not in the final of a big tournament, the final is a joke and the draw is a cakewalk, period.

Naide
03-18-2007, 10:32 PM
Federer is the #1. If he's not in the final of a big tournament, the final is a joke and the draw is a cakewalk, period.

:haha: how pathetic is that

i like both fed & rafa and if roger is not in the final, it's his own fault
Write to Mr disney and ask him to stop the tournament next time he loses

sondraj06
03-18-2007, 10:34 PM

Oh lord here we go

O.k So if the final is a joke because Fed wasn't in it and fed wasn't in it because fed got taken out of it.

Ergo does that make fed a joke for not being able to compete in a tourney that would otherwise be a joke if he didn't make it to the final

:confused:

guga2120
03-18-2007, 10:35 PM
:silly:

sondraj06
03-18-2007, 10:35 PM

Haha I think that is a good idea, then we want have this confusion next time fed gets taken out of a tourney

Sean.J.S.
03-18-2007, 10:38 PM
Ouch. How embarrasing to whoever posted this thread. :o

GlennMirnyi
03-18-2007, 10:39 PM

Oh lord here we go

O.k So if the final is a joke because Fed wasn't in it and fed wasn't in it because fed got taken out of it.

Ergo does that make fed a joke for not being able to compete in a tourney that would otherwise be a joke if he didn't make it to the final

:confused:

:silly:

You all say that, but you know that Federer would have won easily had he played the final. :lol:

Keep on cheering against the good players, because the only way Nadal can win a title is by facing joke draws like this. Chela, Clement... :lol:

sondraj06
03-18-2007, 10:42 PM
You all say that, but you know that Federer would have won easily had he played the final. :lol:

Keep on cheering against the good players, because the only way Nadal can win a title is by facing joke draws like this. Chela, Clement... :lol:

What does that mean, in theory the way tournaments are set up is to match up two players until you get to the finals suggesting that, if you beat your opponent you were well capable of beating every he has beat to arrive here to play against you.

And I think that theory holds pretty true. It's not like Nadal hasn't met fed in a final before and beat him.

Naide
03-18-2007, 10:45 PM

as long as he wins...it doesnt matter .period

Goodbye hope you'll have sweet dreams of rafa.period

GlennMirnyi
03-18-2007, 10:48 PM
What does that mean, in theory the way tournaments are set up is to match up two players until you get to the finals suggesting that, if you beat your opponent you were well capable of beating every he has beat to arrive here to play against you.

And I think that theory holds pretty true. It's not like Nadal hasn't met fed in a final before and beat him.

Wrong. Nadal would lose to any decent player, like Youzhny, or even another moonballer like Murray, had he faced any of them.

as long as he wins...it doesnt matter .period

Goodbye hope you'll have sweet dreams of rafa.period

Your English is unintelligible, period.

Metis
03-18-2007, 10:51 PM

:lol:

Ah... Glenn, your posts are as predictable as RFK's these days. Your fishing performance is clearly in a slump. :lol:

GlennMirnyi
:lol:

Ah... Glenn, your posts are as predictable as RFK's these days. Your fishing performance is clearly in a slump. :lol:

It's the truth.

Naide
Wrong. Nadal would lose to any decent player, like Youzhny, or even another moonballer like Murray, had he faced any of them.

Your English is unintelligible, period.

My english may be unintelligible but you are for sure unintelligent period

sondraj06
03-18-2007, 10:52 PM

Hey I said it before and I'll say it again, bring on the roasters. I think Nadal is prepared to do damage.

And he has beaten fed hasn't he...hum

GlennMirnyi
03-18-2007, 10:54 PM
My english may be unintelligible but you are for sure unintelligent period

Unintelligent. :lol: When you learn to use commas, then you can call me something. :haha:

GlennMirnyi
03-18-2007, 10:54 PM
Hey I said it before and I'll say it again, bring on the roasters. I think Nadal is prepared to do damage.

And he has beaten fed hasn't he...hum

Was schooled twice after RG.

Naide
03-18-2007, 10:55 PM
Unintelligent. :lol: When you will learn to use commas, then you can call me something. :haha:

better no?

sondraj06
03-18-2007, 10:58 PM
Was schooled twice after RG.

Ha while he was in a slump. I wouldn't hold on to delusions anymore Glenn, the time for continued reckoning has come.

And it is so surprising to me how when fed beat rafa on his favorite service it's a sign that Fed is closing the gape between the two in wins but when Rafa beats fed on clay, it's expected.

So really I only count it as one win, in the height of his slump after fed won wimby, take it as you will. I'll take that to Miami and patiently await a final, if Fed makes it that far, you know

Naide
03-18-2007, 11:00 PM
Glenn i think im :inlove: with you
You'll be my AC n.1 :hug:

GlennMirnyi
03-18-2007, 11:02 PM
better no?

No, you just made a fool of yourself correcting something that is right. :lol:

Ha while he was in a slump. I wouldn't hold on to delusions anymore Glenn, the time for continued reckoning has come.

And it is so surprising to me how when fed beat rafa on his favorite service it's a sign that Fed is closing the gape between the two in wins but when Rafa beats fed on clay, it's expected.

So really I only count it as one win, in the height of his slump after fed won wimby, take it as you will. I'll take that to Miami and patiently await a final, if Fed makes it that far, you know

Federer doesn't lose to himself more than once in a year (last year was to Murray). Get ready for more thrashings.

sondraj06
03-18-2007, 11:04 PM
Federer doesn't lose to himself more than once in a year (last year was to Murray). Get ready for more thrashings.\

Oh I'm ready, the question is are you ready:armed:

:devil:

GlennMirnyi
03-18-2007, 11:08 PM
\

Oh I'm ready, the question is are you ready:armed:

:devil:

I'm ready for a Guccione rematch. :lol:

Naide
03-18-2007, 11:10 PM
No, you just made a fool of yourself correcting something that is right. :lol:

Federer doesn't lose to himself more than once in a year (last year was to Murray). Get ready for more thrashings.

both are right

and what's your point with this?
i dont speak or write perfect english therefore i'm stupid?

Call Mr Disney again

GlennMirnyi
03-18-2007, 11:14 PM
both are right

and what's your point with this?
i dont speak or write perfect english therefore i'm stupid?

Call Mr Disney again

You're wrong, only what I wrote is right.

No, it's just too hard to understand anything you wanna express, especially the fangirlisms.

Naide
03-18-2007, 11:16 PM
You're wrong, only what I wrote is right.

No, it's just too hard to understand anything you want to express, especially the fangirlisms.

ha ha you are funny

sondraj06
03-18-2007, 11:20 PM
ha ha you are funny

Why are you going through the motions with Glenn. Eventually you'll get there and realize it wasn't worth it.

GlennMirnyi
03-18-2007, 11:20 PM
ha ha you are funny

Yes I am, thanks for pointing it out.

Next class I'm teaching you that going to can be written as "gonna".

Naide
03-18-2007, 11:24 PM
Why are you going through the motions with Glenn. Eventually you'll get there and realize it wasn't worth it.

you are right, i'm losing my time

but you know exposing here what he is doing in therapy to get rid of nadal is quite brave

Pfloyd
03-18-2007, 11:31 PM
Gustavo is obviously playing a "double logic, I will win because I know how to argue not because I am right" all the time.

If Rafa wins he played shitty opposition. The tough oposition Rafa's plays is always downplayed to reasons such as "he played crappy" or "his game was off" and whatnot.

Good thing people don't pay much attention to your arguments anymore.

You should consider giving players proper credit when due, and criticising them when they do not play well.....

leng jai
03-18-2007, 11:35 PM
Hard to get roasted when all the roasters get roasted first.

GlennMirnyi
03-18-2007, 11:38 PM
Gustavo is obviously playing a "double logic, I will win because I know how to argue not because I am right" all the time.

If Rafa wins he played shitty opposition. The tough oposition Rafa's plays is always downplayed to reasons such as "he played crappy" or "his game was off" and whatnot.

Good thing people don't pay much attention to your arguments anymore.

You should consider giving players proper credit when due, and criticising them when they do not play well.....

When you play Chela in a QF of a TMS tournament, it's a cakewalk draw.

People pay much more attention than you imagine, mate. :p

If you tell me that Djokovic played well, or that Roddick played well, I'll tell you to visit an optician ASAP.

SBruguera
03-18-2007, 11:44 PM

Even if Federer is in the final Nadal´s draw is a cakewalk in your opinion. Have you forgotten last Wimbledon?

Geniey2g
03-19-2007, 01:34 AM
Muahahaha, indeed.
Suck it up, Rafa haters :cool:

Billabong
03-19-2007, 02:39 AM
The biggest jinx thread ever:tape:

GlennMirnyi
03-19-2007, 03:09 AM
Even if Federer is in the final Nadal´s draw is a cakewalk in your opinion. Have you forgotten last Wimbledon?

It was, then he lost to the first decent player he faced. Simple.

scoobs
03-19-2007, 03:09 AM
*giggles*

Rafa was in charge of the barbecue this week :)

Mimi
03-19-2007, 04:32 AM
:woohoo: :bowdown: :haha: thanks a lot for your lovely thread :D

Other than these 3 I can't see anyone capable of a roasting this week :p

Oops, the draw confused me...

So add Roddick to the list, and pretend it's Youzhny (R16), Berdych (QF), Roddick (SF) or Federer (F)

rafagirlno1
03-19-2007, 05:46 AM
Other than these 3 I can't see anyone capable of a roasting this week :p

Oops, the draw confused me...

So add Roddick to the list, and pretend it's Youzhny (R16), Berdych (QF), Roddick (SF) or Federer (F)

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
how does it feel to be the joke of all forums :awww:
cant wait for another 'who will roast rafa in maimi ' thread from u :o

Mimi
03-19-2007, 06:26 AM
sadly someone is quicker than him :p
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
how does it feel to be the joke of all forums :awww:
cant wait for another 'who will roast rafa in maimi ' thread from u :o

Agassi Aces
03-19-2007, 07:24 AM
LOL. Funny......

tangerine_dream
03-19-2007, 02:57 PM
LOL. Best thread of the tournament. :worship:

Ouch. How embarrasing to whoever posted this thread. :o
He hasn't been seen or heard from since. :bolt:

:yeah:

MariaV
03-19-2007, 03:07 PM
He hasn't been seen or heard from since. :bolt:

Should we be worried? :scared: :unsure:
Ron didn't know about his best mate Rogiman either. :sad:

Corey Feldman
03-19-2007, 05:34 PM
Wow some of you really are full of yourself now arnt you :lol:
settle down ppl... he won Indian Wells after holding jack shit for 8 months, not like he's done The Golden Slam.

Corey Feldman
03-19-2007, 05:35 PM
for you fangirl/retard types... Golden Slam = all 4 slams and Olympics.

Rafa = Fed Killa
03-19-2007, 05:36 PM
A member of the Federer circle jerk family has arrived.

Did Rogiman jump off a cliff after missing his favorite acitivity. Poor Escude, losing your lover is a tough experience. :wavey:

Corey Feldman
03-19-2007, 05:47 PM
Did you jump off a cliff when buttzilla was blown out of the Australian Clay Court Open ? no unfortunately.
Rogiman is one of the best posters here and he'll be back.. as a Fed fan he'll have plenty more to celebrate in the next years than you, put it that way.

Rafa = Fed Killa
03-19-2007, 05:49 PM
Rogiman is one of the best posters here

:retard:

The dumbest quote of the year goes to.......Escude

Corey Feldman
03-19-2007, 06:01 PM
So it beat GlennMirnyi's "Federer only loses to himself, it happens once every year" ?