Indian Wells 2007 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Indian Wells 2007

charlie666
03-06-2007, 06:50 PM
Seb will start to play again this week. Let's cheer for him in here! (AND post pictures, because his hair should have the perfect length by now:lick:)

Truc
03-07-2007, 09:12 AM
Not a very good draw:
(16)YOUZHNY, Mikhail RUS vs BYE
GROSJEAN, Sebastien FRA vs ACASUSO, Jose ARG
MAYER, Florian GER vs KUNITSYN, Igor RUS
BYE vs (22)FERRERO, Juan Carlos ESP

charlie666
03-07-2007, 09:27 AM
It's time to finally win some matches again, I think Seb realises that as well. So he better be motivated!

Marine
03-07-2007, 11:52 AM
First round not too difficult, the second one... :awww:
Allez, he has to wake up and beat a top ten to find again some confidence.

aliasthad
03-10-2007, 12:49 AM
He lost 4-6 4-6 :sad:

Looks like he played without his cap...

http://uk.news.search.yahoo.com/search/news?ei=UTF-8&p=grosjean&datesort=1&fr=news_sb_hd&c=news_photos

JBdV
03-10-2007, 03:14 AM
Seb :sad:

charlie666
03-10-2007, 11:33 AM
Oh well, at least he was looking good...:rolleyes: I guess he just needs to win Miami now...

sebabe
03-11-2007, 08:49 PM
:sad: FLIPPING HECK!

aliasthad
03-12-2007, 03:59 AM
Seb was at Arnaud Clement's match against Nadal. He was sitting with Bruno Clement.

He has also pulled out of the BMW Tennis Championship with a thigh injury.

sebabe
03-12-2007, 10:57 AM
If this keeps happening, I am going to have to get myself a life!

Truc
03-12-2007, 02:11 PM
Here's the article in L'Équipe from Saturday, he doesn't mention an injury (maybe he had to give some excuse to pull out of the Challenger? He doesn't sound extremely motivated in this short article, I could imagine he wasn't too keen on playing Sunrise anyway.) The article just says that he played pretty poorly (he says he wasn't "explosive", not quick enough) and quotes Seb's reaction when he is asked about his slip in the rankings: "Why should I be worried? he answers, surprised and very relaxed. If my ranking isn't good enough to play the Masters Series on clay, I'll play other tournaments."Grosjean en coup de vent
SANS CASQUETTE, une première depuis qu’il est pro, Sébastien Grosjean est également apparu sans tonus, hier, face à l’Argentin Acasuso (37e mondial). « J’ai manqué d’explosivité et de vivacité. » Deux breaks à 4-4 dans chaque set ont corsé l’addition de l’ancien numéro 1 français, qui poursuit une lente chute au classement. Huitième-finaliste à Indian Wells l’an dernier, le Marseillais avait 75 points à défendre dans le désert de Californie. Mission ratée. Le 51e mondial n’a que trois victoires à son compteur cette année : deux sur les frères Rochus (dont une sur abandon) et une (pénible) face au vétéran Pavel en Coupe Davis. Un gadin d’une dizaine de places au classement l’attend au tournant lundi prochain…« Pourquoi voudriez-vous que ça m’inquiète ? s’étonna-t-il, très décontracté. Si je ne rentre pas dans les Masters Series sur terre battue, j’irai jouer d’autres tournois. »

charlie666
03-14-2007, 11:25 PM
He sounds like he's planning to retire... :tape: Does anyone know if he ever mentioned this? Because he often speaks about how hard it is to leave home after some weeks off, and lately he doesn't play too much tournaments either. I know the "official" reasons are injuries, but still... Anyone?

sebabe
03-15-2007, 10:02 AM
I've wondered the same thing myself, the spark in his game seems to have deminished considerably over a period of time now. The several changes in coaches, in a short period of time, seem to suggest a need to to lay his tournament failures in their court, (no pun intended) rather than with himself. Even when he is playing a match and he is two sets up, with most players you could quite reasonably relax and think that they would walk it. Unfortunately, with Seb this is not always the case, and injury is the usual culprit. Having said that, I hope he does not retire in the immediate future.