(0"o"0)~By merely PARTICIPATING in 9-AMS events HEWITT easily returns to TOP#10..!! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

(0"o"0)~By merely PARTICIPATING in 9-AMS events HEWITT easily returns to TOP#10..!!

CmonAussie
03-06-2007, 11:35 AM
:wavey: :cool: ;)
Hewitt really has a great opportunity to return to the Top-10 in 2007 by merely staying healthy & participating in the 9-AMS events;)
He has virtually no points to defend outside of Queens & his QF appearances at USO & Wimby;)
>>
In 2006 Hewitt had the worst appearance record of any Top-20 player at the AMS events, only showing up at 3, & one of those he WD injured in the 2nd Rd. Furthermore he only won a total of two matches in the AMS events last year:eek:
>>>
This year his aim should be to remain uninjured & show up at every AMS tourney... if he can manage this then it`s pretty much certain he`ll return to the Top-10 very soon:D :cool: ... Last year he really shot himself in the foot by his pathetic participation rate><..

Lleyton Hewitt`s ranking points breakdown [current rank #20]

28-Aug-06 US Open NY, U.S.A. Q 250
26-Jun-06 Wimbledon England Q 250
29-May-06 Roland Garros France R16 150
15-Jan-07 Australian Open Australia R32 75

7-Aug-06 ATP Masters Series Canada Toronto, Canada R32 35:sad:
6-Mar-06 ATP Masters Series Indian Wells CA, U.S.A. R32 35 :sad:
20-Mar-06 ATP Masters Series Miami FL, U.S.A. R64 5 :eek:
30-Oct-06 ATP Masters Series Paris France - 0 :eek:
16-Oct-06 ATP Masters Series Madrid Spain - 0 :eek:
14-Aug-06 ATP Masters Series Cincinnati OH, U.S.A. - 0 :eek:
15-May-06 ATP Masters Series Hamburg Germany - 0 :eek:
8-May-06 ATP Masters Series Rome Italy - 0 :eek:
17-Apr-06 ATP Masters Series Monte Carlo Monaco - 0 :eek:

12-Jun-06 London / Queen's Club England W 225:cool:
26-Feb-07 Las Vegas NV, U.S.A. W 175:cool:
31-Jul-06 Washington DC, U.S.A. Q 50
1-Jan-07 Adelaide Australia - 20
12-Feb-07 Marseille France R16 15

Dougie
03-06-2007, 11:40 AM
Okay...Good for Lleyton.

Norrage
03-06-2007, 11:41 AM
He still has to equal those GS perfomances though. But I think that shouldnt pose a problem....His biggest problem is remaining injury free which I wouldnt be too sure of yet :(
But he seems hungry and he seems to be able to always play pretty well even with an injury....So lets hope the best for him! The top 10 needs him.

Jaffas85
03-06-2007, 11:57 AM
Hopefully he gets a good draw for both Indian Wells and Miami where he has little to no points to defend.

He also has no points to defend in Monte Carlo, Rome and Hamburg so if he can remain healthy I see no reason why he won't be Top 10 after Wimbledon. Perhaps somewhere between #7 and #9 *That is if he does relatively well at the 5 Masters events before the French Open and at least defends his 4th round points at the French Open and his QF points at Wimbledon*.

And should he build some momentum and good results by the time of his favourite Grand Slam tournament, The U.S. Open, he would be considered to have a serious chance of making the semis or the final *depending on whether or not he would be on Federer's part of the draw*.

CmonAussie
03-06-2007, 12:38 PM
Hopefully he gets a good draw for both Indian Wells and Miami where he has little to no points to defend.

He also has no points to defend in Monte Carlo, Rome and Hamburg so if he can remain healthy I see no reason why he won't be Top 10 after Wimbledon. Perhaps somewhere between #7 and #9 *That is if he does relatively well at the 5 Masters events before the French Open and at least defends his 4th round points at the French Open and his QF points at Wimbledon*.

And should he build some momentum and good results by the time of his favourite Grand Slam tournament, The U.S. Open, he would be considered to have a serious chance of making the semis or the final *depending on whether or not he would be on Federer's part of the draw*.

:wavey:
>>>
Hewitt has precisely the following points to defend:

IW ~ Rd2
Miami ~ Rd1
MC ~ 0
Rome ~ 0
Hamburg ~ 0
Canada ~ Rd2
Cincy ~ 0
Madrid ~ 0
Paris ~ 0
>>>>>>>>>>>>:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
>>>
As I mentioned in the title->> if he shows up at all these events, then he`s virtually a shoe in to make the Top-10 again;)

scoobs
03-06-2007, 12:42 PM
How fabulous.

vincayou
03-06-2007, 01:21 PM
Great, but easily is maybe a word too much.

He has not only to show up but win some matchs eh?

Listening to every Hewitt/Djokovic/Haas/Murray/Canas/Gasquet/Berdych/Youzhny fans, they will all be into top10 this year. :lol:

CmonAussie
03-06-2007, 01:22 PM
How fabulous.

I hope your not being sarcastic:confused:
Anyway I think you were being supportive:cool:

#@@#.

Let me put it another way;)
>>>
If Hewitt wins merely 2-matches at Indian Wells AMS next week then he`ll have 75-points
-->> those 75-points will be equal to the total 75-points he got from the 9-AMS in 2006...
...Basically he only needs to win 3-matches total from the AMS tourneys this year & he`s going to be climbing up the rankings!

Lets assume Hewitt plays all 9-AMS events [unlikely]
& hypothetically wins 2-matches at each event

IW [2-wins] = 75-points
Miami [2-wins] = 75-points
MC [2-wins] = 75-points
Rome [2-wins] = 75-points
Hamburg [2-wins] = 75-points
Canada [2-wins] = 75-points
Cincy [2-wins] = 75-points
Madrid [2-wins] = 125-points
Paris [2-wins] = 125-points

2007 Total [18 matches won from 9-events] = 775-points

2006 AMS total points = 75-points

>>
2007 AMS points - 2006 AMS points = +700-points;)

*Keep in mind that there are up to 9000-points available at the AMS events, of course that won`t ever happen, though FED did a great job the last couple of years by gobling up nearly half of the points available:devil:

*Remember with this scenario he only has to win 2-matches at each AMS event >>> & then he`ll be Top-10 again... Basically you`ve got to be in it to win it & in Hewitt`s case you`ve only got to be in it to make Top-10 again:devil:

CmonAussie
03-06-2007, 01:25 PM
Great, but easily is maybe a word too much.

He has not only to show up but win some matchs eh?

Yeah he has to win 2-matches at each event [18-matches from 9-events]~ looks very achievable to me;)

*The alternative is to make a couple of SFs & he`s pretty much secured Top-10 again:cool:

vincayou
03-06-2007, 01:28 PM

Yeah he has to win 2-matches at each event [18-matches from 9-events]~ looks very achievable to me;)

*The alternative is to make a couple of SFs & he`s pretty much secured Top-10 again:cool:

I really like Hewitt, but the competition will be fierce this year. He has a chance as much as anyone though.

CmonAussie
03-06-2007, 01:30 PM
Listening to every Hewitt/Djokovic/Haas/Murray/Canas/Gasquet/Berdych/Youzhny fans, they will all be into top10 this year. :lol:

Interesting your list of players:rolleyes:
Djokovic + Haas + Murray + Canas + Gasquet + Berdych + Youzhny < Hewitt [2-Slams, 2001-2002 #1, 26-titles, 2-TMC, 2-DC]:p

scoobs
03-06-2007, 01:32 PM
Yeah we need the top 10 to expand to allow about 16 players into it.

Andre♥
03-06-2007, 01:32 PM
Do you really think Hewitt is going to play all MC, Rome and Hamburg?

And even if he plays all of them, can he win two matches there?

vincayou
03-06-2007, 01:35 PM
Interesting your list of players:rolleyes:
Djokovic + Haas + Murray + Canas + Gasquet + Berdych + Youzhny < Hewitt [2-Slams, 2001-2002 #1, 26-titles, 2-TMC, 2-DC]:p

If you fancy easy victories (by just showing up) from Hewitt right now against all these players, good for you. I think he can come back to top10, probably will, but easily, not.

CmonAussie
03-06-2007, 01:37 PM
Do you really think Hewitt is going to play all MC, Rome and Hamburg?
And even if he plays all of them, can he win two matches there?

Yes Hewitt`s more than capable of winning 2-matches at any of the AMS events, even on clay he`s made SFs multiple times [Rome, Hamburg x2];)

However I don`t care if Hewitt doesn`t play all the AMS events & I don`t care if he manages to win 2-matches at each of them either:angel:

>> If Hewitt wins ONE title [IW or Miami would be nice] then that`s all he needs;) & I`d be happy:D ... Even if he hardly played another AMS event:p

nanoman
03-06-2007, 01:45 PM
I swear, some of you guys are too obsessed with "defending points" kind of crap. If you want to analyze who are in great position to be in the year end top10, just look at the race standings. It's THAT simple.
According to the race, there are 20 people in better position than Hewitt to finish in the top10. So Hewitt needs to do a little bit more than just showing up. He needs to do better than 10 of those 20 players.

CmonAussie
03-06-2007, 02:11 PM
I swear, some of you guys are too obsessed with "defending points" kind of crap. If you want to analyze who are in great position to be in the year end top10, just look at the race standings. It's THAT simple.
According to the race, there are 20 people in better position than Hewitt to finish in the top10. So Hewitt needs to do a little bit more than just showing up. He needs to do better than 10 of those 20 players.

The point is Hewitt has ~virtually no points to defend~ at the AMS events;) ... So he can only do better in 2007 right!!

Regarding Hewitt`s standing at #21 in the 2007 ATP Race, that`s a fair point~>> however lets look at Hewitt`s 2007 so far:

1. Adelaide: got nasty injury & dumped by coach:eek: :sad:
2. Sydney: WD [injured]:sad:
3. AO: [Rd3 & lost to a red hot Gonzalez in 4-sets]!!
4. Davis Cup: [wins 2/3 matches & plays 13-sets on clay]!!:worship:
5. Marseille: retired injured [2nd Rd]:sad:
6. Rotterdam: WD [injured]:sad:
7. Las Vegas: >> finally looks healthy & takes his 26th career title:cool:

TennisOz
03-06-2007, 02:27 PM
It's worth adding that Hewitt has now won an ATP title in each of the last 10 years. I also feel he will return to the top 10, time will tell!

TO

jazar
03-06-2007, 03:12 PM
people like djokovic and murray who dont have that many points to defend at AMS will do it, hewitt wont

CmonAussie
03-06-2007, 03:18 PM
people like djokovic and murray who dont have that many points to defend at AMS will do it, hewitt wont

*Murray`s career thus far: 2-titles [best Slam result ~Rd4:eek: = NO QF]!!

*Djokovic`s career thus far: 3-titles [best Slam result ~Rd4:eek: = NO QF]!!

*****Hewitt`s career thus far: 26-titles [2-Slams, 2-finals, 4-SF, 6-QF = 14 QF+]!!:worship: :worship: :cool:

>>>:p :devil:

decrepitude
03-06-2007, 04:01 PM
Career so far has little to do with what will happen in the future. Murray and Djokovic are both only 19, you can hardly compare their past records with Hewitt's and extrapolate from that what will happen from now on!

CmonAussie
03-06-2007, 04:17 PM
Career so far has little to do with what will happen in the future. Murray and Djokovic are both only 19, you can hardly compare their past records with Hewitt's and extrapolate from that what will happen from now on!

Yeah,~i know what you`re saying:cool:

However I find it amusing how everyone on MTF is so CERTAIN that Murray & Djokovic WILL finish Top-10 this year, whilst also being so CERTAIN that Hewit WON`T finish Top-10 [..considering Lleyton`s record & achievements I think it`s foolish to write him off];)
Many are building UP the baby balls, yet build DOWN Hewitt->> for God`s sake Lleyton deserves a bit more respect:devil:

jazar
03-06-2007, 04:26 PM

However I find it amusing how everyone on MTF is so CERTAIN that Murray & Djokovic WILL finish Top-10 this year, whilst also being so CERTAIN that Hewit WON`T finish Top-10 [..considering Lleyton`s record & achievements I think it`s foolish to write him off];)
Many are building UP the baby balls, yet build DOWN Hewitt->> for God`s sake Lleyton deserves a bit more respect:devil:

i dont want them to finish in the top 10, cos i dont like either of them, but they are on the way up and will start making it to the latter stages of the big tournaments and neither of them have a huge amount of points to defend in said big tournaments, so it makes sense to say they will be top 10 soon

CmonAussie
03-06-2007, 04:43 PM
i dont want them to finish in the top 10, cos i dont like either of them, but they are on the way up and will start making it to the latter stages of the big tournaments and neither of them have a huge amount of points to defend in said big tournaments, so it makes sense to say they will be top 10 soon

Hewitt has less points to defend than either Murray or Djokovic for the remainder of 2007;)
Basically Hewitt had the worst participation rate in the big events among all the Top-50 players in 2006, so the only way is up!!

>>Again if Lleyton plays all these events, & assuming he averages a couple of wins per tourney, then he`ll have no problem reaching Top-10:angel:

BTW, i also predict Murray & Djokovic will be in the Top-10 too [well they`ll be there in a couple of months at this rate]!

R.Federer
03-06-2007, 04:50 PM
C'mon Aussie, his appearance in the Top 10 -- it will also depend on what points others gain.
It is not true that simply participation in the 9 AMS will guarantee him a spot in the Top 10. If the others are able to defend their points from last year, and someone else from outside the Top 10 like Safin who also does not have a lot to defend gets points, there is no guarantee that participation in TMS alone will get Hewitt there.

Although, I hope to see Hewitt back in the Top 10 or Top 5. But I don't think your post is correct.

BlakeorHenman
03-06-2007, 05:29 PM
what a fanboy

CmonAussie
03-06-2007, 06:00 PM
what a fanboy:eek: :sad:

I`m not a "fanboy" but rather Rocky Llegs Hewitt`s Propaganda Minister [official title thank you sir/madam]:p

Bobby
03-06-2007, 06:25 PM

Considering Rod Laver's achievements, it's foolish to think that he won't be a threat to Federer this year. Come on, Murray and Djokovic are just beginning to find their best form, they have many good years ahead. On the other hand, it's obvious that Lleyton has peaked. Besides, there is a reason why he doesn't have many points to defend. He's one of those players who seems to be injured most of the time. Knowing this, it's a huge assumption that he will play 9 AMS tournaments.

Bobby
03-06-2007, 06:34 PM

I'm sure many people respect what Hewitt has achieved over the years. Still, it doesn't mean that we should automatically consider him to be top 10 material in 2007.

Byrd
03-06-2007, 07:03 PM
CmonAussie and his tardness, it looks promising for the Arseclown contest.

madmanfool
03-06-2007, 07:08 PM
Hewitt has less points to defend than either Murray or Djokovic for the remainder of 2007;)

Yes, but that also means that Murray and Djokovic are closer to the top 10 at this point then Hewitt.

Jimnik
03-06-2007, 09:23 PM
*Djokovic`s career thus far: 3-titles [best Slam result ~Rd4:eek: = NO QF]

He made the QF of RG last year. :p

For sure, it will be interesting to see how Hewitt does, especially during the clay season. He did very well last year considering his preparation.

It will be good to see some ex-#1s make it back to the top.

Kolya
03-07-2007, 07:46 AM
Depends if he stays injury free... if he can he has a good chance...

CmonAussie
03-07-2007, 08:46 AM
Depends if he stays injury free... if he can he has a good chance...

Yeah that`s basically the gist of my thread:cool:

>>> Of course it`s a big "if":confused:
If he stays injury free then he`ll most likely contest most of the AMS events, & then he`ll most likely rise back to the Top-10 again;)

However he`s already had a few niggling injuries at the start of this year, so I won`t hold my breath:sad:

BlakeorHenman
03-07-2007, 04:32 PM
I`m not a "fanboy" but rather Rocky Llegs Hewitt`s Propaganda Minister [official title thank you sir/madam]:p

My apologies... fanboy just slips easiest from the tongue is all :)

EDIT: Err... easiest from the fingers?

Hagar
03-07-2007, 10:12 PM
If Lleyton is healthy, he's one of the best players on the ATP. He's good on all surfaces and has consistent results (if there are no nagging injuries). And his mental strenght is legendary.