Please give Round Robin a break [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Please give Round Robin a break

FedererGrandSlam
03-05-2007, 06:44 PM
Please stop trashing poor Round Robin. It's not his fault. :sad:

While I completely agree that his current use in regular ATP tournaments is very poor, there's nothing wrong with him in general.
Round Robin has his place in the Masters Cup, and also in Club tournaments around the world. He guarantees that players get to play several matches instead of just one which is a good thing. And he reduces the luck factor in draws so that the final positions in the tournaments are often more accurate than in Single Elimination events.

But he is just not that good for groups of just three players, and especially when only one player advances. It creates too many problems.

So please cut Round Robin some slack. He has been abused by the ATP so you can't blame him for causing all this trouble. :hug:

mtw
03-05-2007, 06:48 PM
Yes. I agree.

zicofirol
03-05-2007, 07:07 PM
I do feel sorry for round robin, its just stuck in this mess thanks to Mr. Disney...

BlakeorHenman
03-05-2007, 07:33 PM
hmmm... never thought of it that way before actually.

sarciness
03-05-2007, 07:41 PM
I don't like it much so far. Nothing wrong with knockouts at all. RR gives less chance of an upset in a time where two players dominate the rankings.

p.s. Please don't personify the round robin system... lame!

lau
03-05-2007, 07:44 PM
I don't like it much so far. Nothing wrong with knockouts at all. RR gives less chance of an upset in a time where two players dominate the rankings.

p.s. Please don't personify the round robin system... lame!

That´s the whole purpose of this thread :sad:
RR sucks ;)

sondraj06
03-05-2007, 07:49 PM
I'm still an advocate, the masses haven't done much to convince me otherwise. Seems they are only preaching to the converted.

*Viva Chile*
03-05-2007, 07:53 PM
I heard that Round Robin was talking with THE BYE about who will take more protagonism next week in the conversations :p I saw them training together also. ;)

Peacemaster
03-05-2007, 10:47 PM
May be this can be turned into an "Awareness Poster" to save the Round Robin... :lol:

Sunset of Age
03-05-2007, 10:54 PM
May be this can be turned into an "Awareness Poster" to save the Round Robin... :lol:

Awwww... too sweet! Lovely birds they are, no?
But they should really, *really* STAY. OUT. OF. TENNIS! :devil:

Peacemaster
03-05-2007, 11:11 PM
Awwww... too sweet! Lovely birds they are, no?
But they should really, *really* STAY. OUT. OF. TENNIS! :devil:

Yep. There's a serious risk of being mistaken for the ball... :eek:

:)

Tomy
03-05-2007, 11:17 PM
Mmm... Round Robin would work better on the WTA
ATP needs a Round Batman!

*drum drum clash*

:retard:

Chris Seahorse
03-06-2007, 12:24 AM
I think after the meeting in Miami, Round Robin will get a break. A long, very long break. I hope Round Robin has fun because it will soon have alot of free time on it hands.

sarciness
03-06-2007, 12:57 AM
I feel it's time it's time for some animal abuse :D Feathers everywhere! No wait, bed time, maybe tomorrow.

MariaV
03-06-2007, 07:56 AM
Yep. There's a serious risk of being mistaken for the ball... :eek:

:)

The furry ball kicked over the net. :eek: :eek: We wouldn't want that for poor birds. :awww:

Saumon
03-06-2007, 09:10 AM
Mmm... Round Robin would work better on the WTA
ATP needs a Round Batman!

*drum drum clash*

:retard:

I laughed :o :o :o :o :o :sobbing:

oz_boz
03-06-2007, 10:02 AM
Agreed. Give Round Robin a lifelong break from tennis, but let him appear at the TMC just to make him feel a little better.