Let's make Mr Disney feel the LOVE! Tennis Fans Unite! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Let's make Mr Disney feel the LOVE! Tennis Fans Unite!

Saumon
03-05-2007, 06:33 PM
The idea is not mine but some people are just too shy to post in GM ;)

Most of us are sick of De Viliers's statements saying "the fans LOVE round robins", "I just did what any fan would do." and other :bs: only he knows the secret of.

So people going to the coming tournaments (IW and especially Miami where the meeting will take place and then all year long if they don't take the hint at first) should go there with banners saying something like:

"Fire Etienne"
"REAL tennis fans don't like RR"
"No more cheating in tennis"
"De Viliers, please respect our sport"
"Stop killing tennis!"
"EDV is no better than GWB"
"It's not just about a furry ball"
"Go back to Disneyland"

It would be better if the banners/posters were big enough to be seen on tv.

lau
03-05-2007, 06:42 PM
:lol: Would be nice to see it on tv ;)

MarieS
03-05-2007, 06:43 PM
good idea :yeah:. Like you said, this should especially be done in Miami where the players are going to be meeting. And the commentators will eat this up :lol:.

I'm not going anywhere :(, but if he's still around till the USO, watch out :aplot:.

Joy Mora
03-05-2007, 06:47 PM
Mr Disney, I have no words to express my gratitude for making things soooo much easier for us - the RR opposers, who believe that it's the gravest mistake you can do. With the Las Vegas fiasco you just proved us right! :yeah: So THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!! :worship: And you probably know where to stick your stupid RR so that noone would ever have to deal with this insanity. :)

This idea is really good, b/c it will take him out of his Denial that we actually support it.

Yappa
03-05-2007, 08:44 PM
Well, "fire Etienne" is too harsh, but other than that, sounds like a good idea.

soraya
03-05-2007, 08:48 PM
Well, "fire Etienne" is too harsh, but other than that, sounds like a good idea.

I agree with you, there is no need to be nasty to prove your point.

MarieS
03-05-2007, 08:57 PM
We want him gone, don't we? that IS the point :shrug:

L.R
03-05-2007, 09:24 PM
So people going to the coming tournaments (IW and especially Miami where the meeting will take place and then all year long if they don't take the hint at first) should go there with banners.

It would be better if the banners/posters were big enough to be seen on tv.

Actually I initiated that on my forum couple of months ago :)

our slogan is : "REAL TENNIS FANS SAY NO TO RR !"

we're gonna start with Monte Carlo, we'll be in RG and TMS Paris for sure... some of us will probably go to other tournaments then we'll bring the banners too !

Some of us also know some camera crew, due to our presence every year at the same tournaments, and there's never a tournament we're not on tv at least once ! :lol:
If we can we'll even try to make them itw us ! :)

My idea was that if someone starts others will join the move !
The more we are, the better it will work ! We have to fight for our sport and use the medias as a weapon to kick De Villiers butt ! :p

{Annie}
03-06-2007, 08:14 AM
I'll see what I can do for Davis Cup, it's not ATP but it's still tennis and a lot of people watch it ;) :devil:

Chris Seahorse
03-06-2007, 08:53 AM
Actually I initiated that on my forum couple of months ago :)

our slogan is : "REAL TENNIS FANS SAY NO TO RR !"

we're gonna start with Monte Carlo, we'll be in RG and TMS Paris for sure... some of us will probably go to other tournaments then we'll bring the banners too !

Some of us also know some camera crew, due to our presence every year at the same tournaments, and there's never a tournament we're not on tv at least once ! :lol:
If we can we'll even try to make them itw us ! :)

My idea was that if someone starts others will join the move !
The more we are, the better it will work ! We have to fight for our sport and use the medias as a weapon to kick De Villiers butt ! :p

Monte Carlo? Roland Garros? Paris???!!! Heck, hopefully it will already be gone by Monte Carlo. And certainly if a decision to end RR hasn't been taken by Paris I would be gravely disappointed. But sure, if they don't get rid of it in Miami I wish you the best success possible. ;)

johnnylad
03-06-2007, 11:21 AM
Great idea! But concentrate on getting rid of Round Robin not making DeVilliers angry and stubborn! :)

Dougie
03-06-2007, 12:30 PM
I hate Round Robin-format as much as the next guy, it obviously doesn´t work. But am I the only one who feels that this conversation about RR is getting a little old. Everything worth saying about it has pretty much been said already here at MTF. Just my humble opinion...

L.R
03-06-2007, 01:16 PM
Monte Carlo? Roland Garros? Paris???!!! Heck, hopefully it will already be gone by Monte Carlo. And certainly if a decision to end RR hasn't been taken by Paris I would be gravely disappointed. But sure, if they don't get rid of it in Miami I wish you the best success possible. ;)

obviously if M.Disney gets rid of it before we won't bother agitating banners everywhere in France :lol:
but when the idea came up in my forum we couldn't know what was gonna happen in Vegas ! :)