Masters Series TV renewal time [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Masters Series TV renewal time

Pages : [1] 2

mamasue
03-05-2007, 03:20 PM
And unbelievably customer services recommends: :cuckoo:

We suggest that you re-subscribe at the new offer price when your
present subscription expires.

So, I guess a lot of people need to make sure they cancel and re-subscribe at $39.99 before their account automatically renews at $69.99!! :rolleyes:

Here's my feedback/email exchange:

Why is my annual renewal fee listed as $69.99 in my account yet a new
subscription is only $39.99? Aren't we paying for the same thing?
Shouldn't they be the same? And if not, why shouldn't I just cancel
my old subscription at $69.99 and purchase a new subscription for
$39.99?

Thank you.

Dear mamasue,

Thank you for contacting us.

We have set your account to expire at the end of March, the scheduled
end of your current subscription.

We suggest that you re-subscribe at the new offer price when your
present subscription expires.

Best Regards,

ATP Masters Series - Web Support

Fumus
03-05-2007, 05:16 PM
And unbelievably customer services recommends: :cuckoo:

So, I guess a lot of people need to make sure they cancel and re-subscribe at $39.99 before their account automatically renews at $69.99!! :rolleyes:

Here's my feedback/email exchange:

Yea, cuz their service was sooo good all year.

scoobs
03-05-2007, 05:20 PM
Looks like they might have full matches on demand this year as well as the live streaming (for those countries who got it last year)?

That would be cool - the highlights were okay but a little on the light side of highlight.

Fumus
03-05-2007, 05:25 PM
Looks like they might have full matches on demand this year as well as the live streaming (for those countries who got it last year)?

That would be cool - the highlights were okay but a little on the light side of highlight.

When it first came out with the live feed it was great. After they installed that license thing it never worked right again. The coverage was always blacking out, lagging, or simply inaccessible. Highlights weren't watchable most of the time due to the crappiness of the website. I will probably re-up just because I work 9-5 and most tennis is played while I am at work....they just suck. The website is totally mismanaged, they have no support team only an e-mail addy to mail when things don't work. I hope to god they improve their service this year because this could be such a great thing and right now it's very sub-par.

Blue Heart24
03-05-2007, 06:17 PM
I'll subscribe I think

It says the Live stream is NOT available in UK,Italy,France,Brazil and Spain.
So I guess I can watch it here in Croatia.
But why I couldnt watch last year? :shrug:

RickDaStick
03-05-2007, 06:26 PM
Last year i had no problems with it but i only watched the TMC on it. I want to get it again but it seems like a lot of people are having problems with it so i think im going to wait till IW starts and hear how it goes.

zicofirol
03-05-2007, 06:27 PM
Yea, cuz their service was sooo good all year.

I wanted to suscribe this year, but if it will be a crappy sevice, no thanks...

What matches can you watch? those on the two main courts or only on centre court?

Yappa
03-05-2007, 07:40 PM
Last year, they only offered a stream for the main court, although they also had a feed for the 2nd court in Cincy. But that link wasn't official, so not meant for the subscribers.

I had a subscription for the Masters Cup in Shanghai and it worked very well most of the time. Still don't know if I'll get another subscription though. Also depends what kind of other livestreams are available (Star Sports, CCTV 5 etc.) and how the quality of those free streams is. It's been a while I last dealt with P2P stream programs, so I am not up to date.

gam_jonte
03-05-2007, 10:36 PM
do you mean that starsports and CCTV5 show live streaming of tennis on the web?

simo4cufc
03-05-2007, 10:44 PM
do you mean that starsports and CCTV5 show live streaming of tennis on the web?

I think it's more of a case of people with TV cards streaming it low quality over the web. It beats livescore, but only just.

Yappa
03-05-2007, 11:34 PM
Actually the quality can be quite good. It varies greatly. It also differs from P2P tool to P2P tool. You can't make general statements, so we'll have to see what is available and in which quality.

croat123
03-06-2007, 03:15 AM
does anyone know if they will also show the matches from the wta events in IW and miami, or will the picture black out during those matches?

FedFan_2007
03-06-2007, 03:28 AM
I just bought the season package for $39.99. A good deal since I expect Fed to get to 6 finals(IW, Miami, MC, Rome, Toronto, Madrid).

CyBorg
03-06-2007, 03:42 AM
I am seriously considering signing up. Can anyone else vouch for the quality?

atheneglaukopis
03-06-2007, 03:48 AM
I just bought the season package for $39.99. A good deal since I expect Fed to get to 6 finals(IW, Miami, MC, Rome, Toronto, Madrid).:lol: :yeah: That's a great way to think of it.

avocadoe
03-06-2007, 12:35 PM
thanks for the heads up on the renewal deal. I'll do that...

Yappa
03-06-2007, 12:44 PM
does anyone know if they will also show the matches from the wta events in IW and miami, or will the picture black out during those matches?

The main court isn't the only televised one, right? So they'll simply switch to another ATP match. And if there are no men playing, then they'll probably show tape delayed coverage or highlights.

kristanmichelle
03-06-2007, 01:01 PM
When it works, the live stream is great! The problem is the silly licensing issue that frequently causes problems. They eventually are resolved, but the delay is annoying. Still I am renewing. I work during the day so it is nice to have it at work. And when it works, it is quite good.

scoobs
03-06-2007, 01:06 PM
Last year they showed highlights of the WTA matches at Indian Wells and Miami - they're still available on the site at the moment. Don't know if they'll show them live though for those who can get that service this year.

Feketepuss
03-06-2007, 01:19 PM
I was told you can't get live streaming in the UK which is where I've moved to! Anyone know why? Any chance of finding it elsewhere here?

scoobs
03-06-2007, 01:23 PM
I was told you can't get live streaming in the UK which is where I've moved to! Anyone know why? Any chance of finding it elsewhere here?
Sky has the rights to broadcast the Masters Series on Sky Sports so I guess there's a commercial agreement between Sky and the ATP that the ATP will allow Sky to be the sole source of these tournaments in the UK

It stinks but there it is.

danton
03-06-2007, 01:54 PM
Sky has the rights to broadcast the Masters Series on Sky Sports so I guess there's a commercial agreement between Sky and the ATP that the ATP will allow Sky to be the sole source of these tournaments in the UK

It stinks but there it is.

Surely that's anti competitive. The sort of thing Microsoft gets slammed for in European courts. You're not allowed to control the whole market. So British Tennis fans have to pay £22 a month instead of a one off £20 for live stream.

I only have Sky sports for the Tennis and was seriously thinking about changing to live stream as the tennis coverage is dire but if I want to see masters series matches I have no choice.

I might just send an email to my MP

Deboogle!.
03-06-2007, 02:36 PM
The main court isn't the only televised one, right? So they'll simply switch to another ATP match. And if there are no men playing, then they'll probably show tape delayed coverage or highlights.I know they have cameras on Stadium 2 at IW. but that's it.

I noticed that the price is the same in USD as it is in Euros. The Europeans should buy the package in USD and save some money :lol:

RickDaStick
03-06-2007, 02:41 PM
I know they have cameras on Stadium 2 at IW. but that's it.

I noticed that the price is the same in USD as it is in Euros. The Europeans should buy the package in USD and save some money :lol:

Good idea. They would save themselves around $10.

Saumon
03-06-2007, 02:51 PM
It says the Live stream is NOT available in UK,Italy,France,Brazil and Spain.
that's so fucking unfair. we can't get the wimbledon tv here either :ras: but it's weird because last year I could watch the wimbledon tv here (40km from the swiss border) but the same account didn't work when I went to my parents' in Paris :confused: :retard:
:rolleyes:

Deboogle!.
03-06-2007, 03:50 PM
:rolleyes::confused: :confused: it's 39.99 in both currencies but with the exchange rate it's really not at all the same. Why the :rolleyes:???

Saumon
03-06-2007, 04:08 PM
:confused: :confused: it's 39.99 in both currencies but with the exchange rate it's really not at all the same. Why the :rolleyes:???

don't worry, it's not against you :hug:
it's just :rolleyes: that it's not the same price for everyone :o

Deboogle!.
03-06-2007, 04:11 PM
don't worry, it's not against you :hug:
it's just :rolleyes: that it's not the same price for everyone :oohhh.. okay.. I was like, did i say something wrong? :sobbing:

Yeah it is a little silly with today's exchange, but it's the ATP, I expect nothing more :lol:

CyBorg
03-06-2007, 04:55 PM
Until they fix all the problems it has with Macs and/or get a decent customer service person/dept., I ain't signing back up. :)

That's too bad. I do have MaxTv, so we'll see how that performs for the Indian Wells. If it sucks I may have to act.

In Canada, we also have tennis televised, but the channels here typically do a piss-poor job with most of the matches tape-delayed. There's little to no respect for tennis over here. And of course more often than not they use the ESPN feed and we all know what that's like.

I'll stay patient for now.

Truc
03-06-2007, 05:14 PM
I can't find that offer for 39.99 in both currencies, where is it?
I only see $69.95 or €54.95.

Yappa
03-06-2007, 05:29 PM
Uh oh, they revamped the design of the site today and I think I remember still seeing that 39.99 offer when I visited the page yesterday.

Deboogle!.
03-06-2007, 05:35 PM
It was even still there this morning (my time) :eek:

wow, they're fast :o

that blows.

Truc
03-06-2007, 05:35 PM
You mean I could have paid something like €29 by subscribing this morning and I'll have to pay €54.95 now?!?
:armed:

$69.95 is overpriced.

Yappa
03-06-2007, 05:41 PM
It was 40 Euro for Europe and 30 Euro for US citizens. At least now, the prices are nearly the same.

Truc
03-06-2007, 05:45 PM
But it was no problem to pay in US$. That's what I did last year, they made the same mistake and I paid only 20€.

atheneglaukopis
03-06-2007, 06:05 PM
Wow, I almost bought it yesterday but I decided to wait one day (as part of a general policy to think it over for 24 hours before buying something), and I got my card in hand and sat down at the computer...and the price has almost doubled. :help:

olimpo
03-06-2007, 06:14 PM
You mean I could have paid something like €29 by subscribing this morning and I'll have to pay €54.95 now?!?
:armed:

$69.95 is overpriced.

Unfortunately yes :( ….. It seems I was really lucky to subscribe yesterday evening and paying only US$ 39,95. When I just went to the site again and saw all the changes they have made within 24 hours incl. the new prices I couldn’t believe it :eek:

I have just watched some of the archived videos and the quality is brilliant.....it seems better to me than before, but maybe this is also because I have a faster connection now.

jayjay
03-06-2007, 06:21 PM
Cancelled my sub, only worth getting if you will receive the live feeds and/or don't have access to highlights when you get home on tv.

The highlights were always very short and no pattern to them, you'd be watching a point at 3-1 in the 1st, then the next point would be at 1-2 in the 2nd. Wouldn't give you any idea of the rhythm of the match.

In conclusion, if you live in a country that will have the live feeds, worth getting.

If you will just be getting highlights and already have TV access live/highlights, not worth getting.

If you can't see any tennis any other way, worth getting.

atheneglaukopis
03-06-2007, 06:22 PM
Cancelled my sub, only worth getting if you will receive the live feeds and/or don't have access to highlights when you get home on tv.

The highlights were always very short and no pattern to them, you'd be watching a point at 3-1 in the 1st, then the next point would be at 1-2 in the 2nd. Wouldn't give you any idea of the rhythm of the match.

In conlclusion, if you live in a country that will have the live feeds, worth getting.

If you will just be getting highlights and already have TV access live/highlights, not worth getting.

If you can't see any tennis any other way, worth getting.That would be me, but I'm still mad that my anti-impulse-buying policy has backfired on me.

Deboogle!.
03-06-2007, 06:24 PM

In conlclusion, if you live in a country that will have the live feeds, worth getting.

If you can't see any tennis any other way, worth getting.I agree with you. For me it's not worth it, but my problem is with the fact that overnight, the price nearly doubled. That's just unfair.

Saumon
03-06-2007, 06:26 PM
I agree with you. For me it's not worth it, but my problem is with the fact that overnight, the price nearly doubled. That's just unfair.

they're making us pay the price for being against their RR crap

is that even legal to double the price overnight like that? :confused:

Metis
03-06-2007, 06:26 PM
That would be me, but I'm still mad that my anti-impulse-buying policy has backfired on me.

The same happened to me. I decided to wait a few days. :banghead:

Maybe we should contact them and complain that others got the same product for less money.

It's mamasue's fault for telling them about the difference. :lol:
(just kidding)

atheneglaukopis
03-06-2007, 06:29 PM
The same happened to me. I decided to wait a few days. :banghead:

Maybe we should contact them and complain that others got the same product for less money.

It's mamasue's fault for telling them about the difference. :lol:
(just kidding)I feel like not buying it, and telling them they lost $40.

Deboogle!.
03-06-2007, 06:43 PM
is that even legal to double the price overnight like that? :confused:I don't really see how it wouldn't be. It's their service so as long as they're not lying about stuff, they can pretty much do whatever they want.

kristanmichelle
03-06-2007, 06:47 PM
I think they are lying about having a customer service department...

atheneglaukopis
03-06-2007, 06:54 PM
Yep, as someone who used to sell mattresses I can tell you that as long as the price is properly advertised on the official price tag/label, that's all you really need. In fact, some of my co-workers would be so stupid as to forget to remove sale price tags after a sale was over, and because of their idiocy we'd have to honor those prices. :lol: Whatever's advertised is what's acceptable, basically. Price were fiddled with frequently, and you'd feel bad for people coming in the day after a sale buying something for hundreds more than what someone else bought it the day before, but that's business.

(EDIT: And that kind of chicanery is why I'll never work in retail again unless I am truly desperate, and why I almost never buy anything at full price, especially at chain stores. :D)Well, just because you were doing something doesn't mean it was legal; I'm sure you would do all sorts of illegal things to Tommy Robredo, given the chance. :p

mangoes
03-06-2007, 06:59 PM
Wow, I almost bought it yesterday but I decided to wait one day (as part of a general policy to think it over for 24 hours before buying something), and I got my card in hand and sat down at the computer...and the price has almost doubled. :help:

I can't believe this!! Yesterday, I was going to cancel my account and get another one for the $39.99. But, I decided to wait until the weekend to do so.....no hurry:rolleyes:

Who wrote them again asking about the difference in prices?:devil: :devil:

scoobs
03-06-2007, 06:59 PM
My renewal is due 24th march and it seems to be saying it will only cost me $25 which was what it cost me last year because I signed up extremely early when they were trialling the service.

Somehow I don't trust it, though, given what you guys are saying.

If, as they say, they ARE doing full matches on demand, even if I can't get livestream, I'll probably renew.

atheneglaukopis
03-06-2007, 07:03 PM
I can't believe this!! Yesterday, I was going to cancel my account and get another one for the $39.99. But, I decided to wait until the weekend to do so.....no hurry:rolleyes:

Who wrote them again asking about the difference in prices?:devil: :devil:Somebody who needs to make up the $30 difference to all of us. :devil:

Truc
03-06-2007, 07:04 PM
I have just watched some of the archived videos and the quality is brilliant.....it seems better to me than before, but maybe this is also because I have a faster connection now.The quality looks the same to me :shrug: (I have access to it until end of March with last year's subscription).
At least there doesn't seem to be any problem with the licensing system.

Deboogle!.
03-06-2007, 07:04 PM
Well, just because you were doing something doesn't mean it was legal...Of course... but in this case, i'm pretty sure they can change the price whenever they want, unless people were guaranteed a particular price at some point (which the general public was not - could be different for renewals)

Truc
03-06-2007, 07:06 PM
My renewal is due 24th march and it seems to be saying it will only cost me $25 which was what it cost me last year because I signed up extremely early when they were trialling the service.My renewal is due 22th March - and it says €54.95.
Take it *now* if you get an offer for $25!

atheneglaukopis
03-06-2007, 07:08 PM
Of course... but in this case, i'm pretty sure they can change the price whenever they want, unless people were guaranteed a particular price at some point (which the general public was not - could be different for renewals)I know that; I'm a Libertarian. :)

scoobs
03-06-2007, 07:08 PM
My renewal is due 22th March - and it says €54.95.
Take it *now* if you get an offer for $25!
It says it will automatically repeat and says I will next be billed on 24th march. I don't know if I should do anything or wait and see if it renews...

mangoes
03-06-2007, 07:09 PM
My renewal is due 24th march and it seems to be saying it will only cost me $25 which was what it cost me last year because I signed up extremely early when they were trialling the service.

If, as they say, they ARE doing full matches on demand, even if I can't get livestream, I'll probably renew.

My renewal date is March 23rd. But, I have the $69.99 charge for renewal. I don't see anything for a $25 renewal. So take it now if you get it.

I'm contemplating not renewing. Given the fact that TTC is showing most of the TMS........what's the point:shrug: I only really need it for Cincy and Montreal due to ESPN's lack of coverage. So definitely not worth $70.

RickDaStick
03-06-2007, 07:10 PM
Damn it! I knew i should of gotten it a few days ago when it was 39.99.

atheneglaukopis
03-06-2007, 07:12 PM
Well, I guess if they really are showing livestream and video on demand...*buys* *cries*

R.Federer
03-06-2007, 07:14 PM
Alternatively, if everyone colludes and refrains from buying/renewing, they will be forced to lower prices.

Wait it out!

Saumon
03-06-2007, 07:14 PM
we now officially know that Etienne and co's favorite sport is not tennis. it's screwing tennis fans. and we've to admit they're pretty good at it! :yeah:

atheneglaukopis
03-06-2007, 07:20 PM
Alternatively, if everyone colludes and refrains from buying/renewing, they will be forced to lower prices.

Wait it out!Can we get enough people to agree to do this? I haven't actually pressed "transmit" yet, just made the decision that I will if that's all I can get.

EDIT
:sobbing:

;)Ha, that was my response when I first saw your political views long ago. :p

mangoes
03-06-2007, 07:28 PM

Wait it out!

That would work if enough individuals agree to do so.

Deboogle!.
03-06-2007, 07:38 PM
And they don't even have to guarantee a lower price point for renewals (unless of course it was specifically stated somewhere that they would when a person initially signed up). In fact as far as I know most places don't HAVE to offer lower-priced renewalsl they just do because they don't want to lose the repeat business.exactly, that's what I meant :) I didn't sign up last year so I don't know what they told people about renewals, but most people aren't dumb enough to promise anything ;)

scoobs
03-06-2007, 07:42 PM
I'm now worried that even though it says my next payment will be $25 to renew, that'll change before then and they'll automatically bill me €60 to renew when the time comes. Gah.

Deboogle!.
03-06-2007, 07:44 PM
I'm now worried that even though it says my next payment will be $25 to renew, that'll change before then and they'll automatically bill me €60 to renew when the time comes. Gah.Can you somehow save where it says $25? Save the page or save a screenshot of it or something?

scoobs
03-06-2007, 07:47 PM
Can you somehow save where it says $25? Save the page or save a screenshot of it or something?
Done. I have saved a screenshot.

Deboogle!.
03-06-2007, 07:50 PM
Done. I have saved a screenshot.:yeah: now if they try to charge you more, at least you have that (depending on the exact wording of the $25 offer, they may or may not have to honor it), but at very least it should be good enough to get a refund if they ultimately charge you more.

Metis
03-06-2007, 08:24 PM
Can we get enough people to agree to do this? I haven't actually pressed "transmit" yet, just made the decision that I will if that's all I can get.

I will wait. :) I am not going to pay $70.

atheneglaukopis
03-06-2007, 08:38 PM
I will wait. :) I am not going to pay $70.Okay, we have to make them aware that there are people who will buy it for $40 but not $70, and it has to be enough people for them to actually be bringing in a lower profit at the higher price, for this to work.

nobama
03-06-2007, 08:48 PM

If, as they say, they ARE doing full matches on demand, even if I can't get livestream, I'll probably renew.I got the same infomation. It says that my next payment due is $25. My renewal is Apr 17th I think.

RickDaStick
03-06-2007, 08:52 PM
Everyone click on the feedback link at the site and tell them you would buy it if it was 39.99 but not for 69.99. Worth a try.

Truc
03-07-2007, 12:02 PM
I e-mailed them yesterday, here's the answer I got:

"(...) The Page quoting $39.99 was relevent to last years' season and this has now been replaced by a new page, which should correct some of the problems that subscribers experienced last year.
As you have noticed we have regrettfully had to increase the price for this years annual subscription, this has been caused by an increase in the price of digital rights and unfortunatley we have had to pass this on to subscribers. The fact that we will provide live footage this year, rather than near live as last year should go some way to justifying the price rise.
I do understand your frustration and I have passed your comments onto the relevant people."

Yappa
03-07-2007, 12:46 PM
What do they mean by saying that they'll now have live footage instead of near live coverage?
The stream was live, after all.

atheneglaukopis
03-07-2007, 04:25 PM
What do they mean by saying that they'll now have live footage instead of near live coverage?
The stream was live, after all.But at the beginning of the service they didn't have a live stream, just highlights. I'm not sure the livestream came along until after Wimbledon. And if they're also really offering full matches on demand, then the service has improved.

CyBorg
03-07-2007, 04:36 PM
Thanks, but no thanks.

This is not the way to inspire confidence in potential subscribers. After months and months of questionable service they up the price?

If the quality is truly better they should at least keep the price as is so that people can sample the performance and become comfortable with the service. You don't increase the price after doing a poor job - that's not the way things should be.

scoobs
03-07-2007, 05:16 PM
Limited live stream started in Toronto I believe.

I do want to renew for the matches on demand that they say will be there, if nothing else.

gam_jonte
03-08-2007, 08:13 PM
I was thinking of maybe buying a day or so of live streaming from Masterseriestv but i would want to know if you can choose between diffrent courts or if it's only court 1 or such?

MisterQ
03-08-2007, 08:17 PM
It doesn't renew automatically, does it?

I certainly don't plan on renewing my subscription. I had so many problems with the video not loading or getting stuck partway through... :rolleyes:

scoobs
03-08-2007, 08:23 PM
I have no idea if it renews automatically or not though my page seems to suggest it will.

I am waiting to see what happens.

It does say on the site that it will be "an enhanced 2007 experience". We'll have to see. The site seems a bit buggy to me at the moment, having spent some time on it in the last day or so. I will have to see what it's like on the 10th when proper coverage starts.

tangerine_dream
03-08-2007, 08:24 PM
:yeah: now if they try to charge you more, at least you have that (depending on the exact wording of the $25 offer, they may or may not have to honor it), but at very least it should be good enough to get a refund if they ultimately charge you more.
If not, then she could argue her case with her credit card company to dispute the charges, now that she has proof of the original offer.

I'm still pissed at MSTV for not stating up front that they don't support Mac. I didn't find out about this until after I paid for the service. They promised not to charge my credit card but they did anyway (twice), so then I had to dispute the charges with my credit card company. Finally, four months later, I got my refund.

Fumus
03-08-2007, 08:26 PM
If not, then she could argue her case with her credit card company to dispute the charges, now that she has proof of the original offer.

I'm still pissed at MSTV for not stating up front that they don't support Mac. I didn't find out about this until after I paid for the service. They promised not to charge my credit card but they did anyway (twice), so then I had to dispute the charges with my credit card company. Finally, four months later, I got my refund.

:hug:

Um...I paid for it and got very little. So I feel you.

lebby
03-08-2007, 11:42 PM
I've just signed in. It costs 39 dollars the whole year. And they say they will have live streaming. Unlike last here the streaming will be passible here in Switzerland too. Better hope I can watch it (it should start the 10. march) or I will have to contest the payment.

Metis
03-09-2007, 12:09 AM
I've just signed in. It costs 39 dollars the whole year. And they say they will have live streaming. Unlike last here the streaming will be passible here in Switzerland too. Better hope I can watch it (it should start the 10. march) or I will have to contest the payment.

You mean $69, no?

lebby
03-09-2007, 12:40 AM
You mean $69, no?

No I mean 39.95. That's what I got as confirmation:

$39.95 Annual repeating subscription to ATP Masters Series Live

zicofirol
03-09-2007, 10:30 AM
I couldnt sleep last night, or today in the morning I guess, lol , wake up and decide I will buyt master series tv, then I realize it is now $69 :mad: , ill try to split the cost with my brother now lol, I dotn want to pay that much just myself...

Truc
03-09-2007, 11:22 AM
Why don't they start the live coverage today?
It says "Coverage from the Indian Wells Tennis Garden begins from 6.00 p.m. GMT/10.00 PST on Saturday, March 10".

At least they have a special offer just for Indian Wells for 6.95, if you want to test their "improved service" without having to pay 70$. My bad, sorry. :o

Puschkin
03-09-2007, 12:21 PM

They are Americans. They just can't imagine that someone is interested in seeing Monfils/Benneteau. :p

RickDaStick
03-09-2007, 01:19 PM
It says "Coverage from the Indian Wells Tennis Garden begins from 6.00 p.m. GMT/10.00 PST on Saturday, March 10".

At least they have a special offer just for Indian Wells for 6.95, if you want to test their "improved service" without having to pay 70$.

I thought that was only for one day? Isnt the tournament pass around $15?

RickDaStick
03-09-2007, 01:22 PM
Actually now i do see where it says 6.95 but when i click on that it takes me to the page where it only has the option for the annual pass, tournament pass, and the daily pass. So i dont see 6.95 anywhere after the main page, could you give me a link please?

Metis
03-09-2007, 01:27 PM
The front page sign is deceiving. They say from $6.95 (which is the daily pass) ;)

Truc
03-09-2007, 02:00 PM
Sorry, :o you're right, it was a mistake, it's not on the payment page (it's not the price of the day pass either, where do they get that 6.95 from?)

fightingducky
03-09-2007, 05:44 PM
does anyone know if it will work on a MAC system?

Fumus
03-09-2007, 06:10 PM

According to Tangerine_dream it doesn't.

gam_jonte
03-09-2007, 07:24 PM
Hi I must say that a tournament pass wasn't that expensive that I thought :P But again i MUST know if you can choose court to watch or if it's only the stadium1?

case
03-09-2007, 08:10 PM

:lol: those of us with macs are screwed!!!*
god forbid they think we might copy it:rolleyes: drm:mad:

*but i still love my so far virus and trouble free mac:angel:

Labamba
03-10-2007, 10:24 AM
Hi I must say that a tournament pass wasn't that expensive that I thought :P But again i MUST know if you can choose court to watch or if it's only the stadium1?

I don't think you can choose the court, but it seems they'll show matches from both Stadium 1 and 2

Blue Heart24
03-10-2007, 10:34 AM
I don't think you can choose the court, but it seems they'll show matches from both Stadium 1 and 2

Really?In that case,I'll take it!

Labamba
03-10-2007, 10:50 AM
Really?In that case,I'll take it!

well, this is their schedule for today:

Henman vs Hernych (Stadium 1)
Moya vs Capdeville (Stadium 2)
Clement vs Nadal (1)
Goldstein vs Nieminen (2)
Lopez vs Roddick (1)
Vaidisova vs Mattek (1)

gam_jonte
03-10-2007, 12:09 PM
thanks for the answer ^^ that's really great :D

zicofirol
03-10-2007, 03:33 PM
I might try buying the tournament pass, just to try it...

Blue Heart24
03-10-2007, 06:58 PM
wow,this shit actually works:yeah:
i took tournament pass

zicofirol
03-10-2007, 06:58 PM
wow,this shit actually works:yeah:
i took tournament pass

same here...

Norrage
03-10-2007, 09:37 PM
I find the quality total crap...bah...The highlights etc are okay..but the live feed? :/

zicofirol
03-10-2007, 10:17 PM
I find the quality total crap...bah...The highlights etc are okay..but the live feed? :/

must be your connection, quality is great for me...

issei
03-10-2007, 10:19 PM
u guys can watch the live?

issei
03-11-2007, 04:02 AM
ok ok... I seem to be the only miserable loser that failed in this remarkable renewal....:angel:

Norrage
03-11-2007, 11:38 AM
must be your connection, quality is great for me...

Wouldn't think so :/ all other feeds work for me and so do all the highlight videos and other streams on the site....

I now have another problem though...Basically half of the links on the site dont work for me and it says link doesnt exist (not that it doesnt load or something)...

There goes the money I put in this...a bit rediculous.

funracer
03-11-2007, 11:53 AM
Same problem for me now. I was watching last night and it worked well. The quality was verry good. But now most of the links are dead. I think they are still working on the page and make some changes. Shouldn´t there be matches on demand? I did not find that so far.

Eddster
03-11-2007, 05:07 PM
same here about matches on demand did anyone in the uk get the live stream working?

Saumon
03-11-2007, 05:14 PM
same here about matches on demand did anyone in the uk get the live stream working?

*Live Coverage is NOT available in the following countries:
UK, ITALY, FRANCE, BRAZIL and SPAIN - in these regions you receive all features EXCEPT live footage.

Eddster
03-11-2007, 05:16 PM
ok ill let the cat out of the bag it was working fine for me last night, henman hernych, gasquet del potro and roddick lopez. Not sure why though

scoobs
03-11-2007, 05:26 PM
Does anyone know about if matches on demand is working and where to get it if it is?

If it's not then why are they saying they have it?

Yappa
03-11-2007, 05:33 PM
And why can Americans use the live stream? Isn't that mighty unfair?

Eddster
03-11-2007, 05:48 PM
its to do with broadcast rights,

sorry didnt realise it was you who asked four:love i agree its completely unfair

Eddster
03-11-2007, 05:55 PM
i dont think theyve setup the on demand full matches yet, maybe we'll get it at a later atp masters series event or they are just slow, annoying that cant watch many highlights from last year.

Also how annoying is the tournment "highlights" vids from last year they dont show the matches properly just the players hitting a ball and the venue etc.

sodman12
03-11-2007, 06:27 PM
I will vouch for the live stream and the fact that the quality is really great. It basically the same quality as the highlights

jcempire
03-11-2007, 06:48 PM
I was watching the live yesterday but it comes no sound with live.

It was working well when I watched highlights.

Does anyone know why it has no voices on LIVE?

Eddster
03-11-2007, 07:03 PM
live working with commentary with me

Saumon
03-11-2007, 10:37 PM
will we have to pay to get decent scoreboards for Masters Series too? :fiery: it's a joke! challengers have better scoreboards than that :ras:

zicofirol
03-12-2007, 05:52 PM
anyone know the sched for today?

Yappa
03-16-2007, 03:16 PM
So, any news regarding the video archive? Or is still not available?

btw. you can watch a short highlights video of yesterdays QFs for free on http://www.atpmastersseries.tv/page/Home/0,,11444,00.html

I might take a tourney pass to watch the upcoming Haas-Murray and Roddick-Nadal matches.

scoobs
03-16-2007, 03:17 PM
I got an email from them the other day saying the matches on demand thing is decided on a per tournament basis and may only be finals and perhaps semi-finals. So we'll see.

zicofirol
03-16-2007, 03:18 PM
So, any news regarding the video archive? Or is still not available?

btw. you can watch a short highlights video of yesterdays QFs for free on http://www.atpmastersseries.tv/page/Home/0,,11444,00.html

I might take a tourney pass to watch the upcoming Haas-Murray and Roddick-Nadal matches.

the video archive is in archieves you just go there and scroll down I watched an appreviated version of the lubijic-berdych paris final they just showed like the key games in each set, but I am pretty sure you can watch the 06 finals...

Deboogle!.
03-16-2007, 05:41 PM
Four:Love, thanks for the heads up on some of the free stuff :)

mecir72
03-16-2007, 08:33 PM
They now have womens matches up but it says I am in the wrong region for that. This is just a mess.
Anyone seen what happens with the automatic renewal yet?

realtin
03-16-2007, 09:26 PM
I got an email from them the other day saying the matches on demand thing is decided on a per tournament basis and may only be finals and perhaps semi-finals. So we'll see.

I emailed them about the video on demand thing today. They said they had now received the rights to show the final as a video on demand match.

I suppose it's better than nothing.

issei
03-16-2007, 10:58 PM
They now have womens matches up but it says I am in the wrong region for that. This is just a mess.
Anyone seen what happens with the automatic renewal yet?

damn the pop up said the same thing to me although Im in approved country to see the live

Yappa
03-17-2007, 02:06 AM
Ok, i took the tourney subscription (don't care about the price) and am now watching the Haas-Murray match.
I got an error msg. when I wanted to access the stream, so I just took the direct link which I still had from last year.

mms://a1406.l22733f.c22733.e.lm.akamaistream.net/D/1406/22733/v001/reflector:50299

Oh, and all the videos, incl. the live stream are in 16:9! This is great. :yeah: Why didn't anyone inform us about that here??

Deboogle!.
03-17-2007, 02:49 AM
mms://a1406.l22733f.c22733.e.lm.akamaistream.net/D/1406/22733/v001/reflector:50299:eek: :eek: THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Labamba
03-17-2007, 09:34 AM
I emailed them about the video on demand thing today. They said they had now received the rights to show the final as a video on demand match.

I suppose it's better than nothing.

So, this is confirmed? :cool:

because I'm probably not going to be able to watch the final live :(

Loremaster
03-17-2007, 09:48 AM
I've got the question to posters who have this is there any chance to tape a match from this tennis masters TV because by stupid TV company decided to cut me off because I was one day too late with bill and it takes them 3 days to give me signal so I wanted to sigh for one day to see Andy-Rafa and I would like to tape is there any possibility and is quality ok ?? I don't have quickest web connection(1mb/s) but it usually handles streams quite well but I don't know if it is enough for this masters TV

victor_gospo
03-17-2007, 12:15 PM
Try this download if you want to see Tennis on the Internet

http://www.tvunetworks.com/downloads/player.htm

You can get The Tennis Channel and a lot of world wide channels that will show the Murray vs Djokovic semi final live. Unlike ESPN in the USA which will put on the air with a 2 or 3 hour delay

It works peer to peer. In other words if more people watch the better the image quality

The image is pretty stable and it's FREE no ridiculous charge for something that doesn't work like Master Series TV which is just plain robbery

danton
03-22-2007, 01:34 PM
Sorry if you all already know this but prior to Indian Wells the UK wasn't allowed to sign up for the Masters Series Stream. The only countries that can't now are France, Brazil, Italy and Spain. :D

Live streaming for Miami doesn't start until Sat :mad:

http://www.atpmastersseries.tv/page/Home/0,,11444,00.html

JustJames
03-22-2007, 01:39 PM
:yeah:

I would sign up but I have plenty of work to be doing, and don't need any distractions...like a week of tennis to watch :lol:

scoobs
03-22-2007, 01:40 PM
You sure?

It still says for me when I log in

Live Coverage is NOT available in the following countries:
UK, Italy, France and Brazil - in these regions you receive all features except live coverage.

danton
03-22-2007, 02:04 PM
You sure?

It still says for me when I log in

Live Coverage is NOT available in the following countries:
UK, Italy, France and Brazil - in these regions you receive all features except live coverage.

I've attached a screen grab, plus they have changed it in the FAQ's (you can see on the grab) and T&C's

Saumon
03-22-2007, 02:07 PM
It's still not available here. :awww: Bloody tv contracts :sobbing:

scoobs
03-22-2007, 02:11 PM
Seems like they've not updated all their screens, on my account page is still has the UK listed as not being available for live footage.

I'll test it on Saturday for sure.

decrepitude
03-22-2007, 03:56 PM
I have just checked, and sure enough my page no longer has UK as a blocked country.

Very odd. I have only last week been in touch with their customer services asking why they charged the same subscription to those who could NOT get live coverage as they do to those who do; I received quite a long reply, but they never mentioned that things were about to change. Strange. I think I will wait and see if other UK fans get live coverage before subscribing. . .

danton
03-24-2007, 04:03 PM
Can any Brits out there tell me if it's working.

No coverage from SKY today Grrrrrr........

scoobs
03-24-2007, 04:04 PM
It's working for me - just fine it is too :)

Yappa
03-24-2007, 04:05 PM
Is it in 16:9?

danton
03-24-2007, 04:06 PM
Ta

Jimnik
03-24-2007, 04:08 PM
Interesting. Spain is also no longer on the list. :scratch:

Somebody should email them to confirm.

danton
03-24-2007, 04:08 PM

What's the quality like - I have the Gasquet match from the Tennis Channel on TVU and the quality isn't too bad. Is it worth buying a day passs?

scoobs
03-24-2007, 04:11 PM
Yes it's in 16:9 - quality is pretty good for a stream. I have seen one or two better - I think the Wimbledon one last year was slightly higher quality but it's plenty good enough to watch - I can watch it in fullscreen on my 17" monitor and it's good enough to watch.

No buffering for me so far.

Jimnik
03-24-2007, 04:11 PM
Really? Have you got the annual subscription? I'm still a bit worried that this will change again. What if they block the UK tomorrow when Sky's coverage starts?

I'm shocked that Sky would allow this. What happened to all the broadcasting rights?

scoobs
03-24-2007, 04:13 PM
Really? Have you got the annual subscription? I'm still a bit worried that this will change again. What if they block the UK tomorrow when Sky's coverage starts?

I'm shocked that Sky would allow this. What happened to all the broadcasting rights?
I have annual subscription - I'll report if it's working tomorrow or not as well.

Certainly it's good today.

Maybe they've reached an agreement with Sky about online rights - after all, it's not like Sky was doing anything with it.

Yappa
03-24-2007, 04:15 PM
Yes, Wimbledon had the highest bitrate, so far. But 649 kb/s is defintely good quality.
Anyways, the ball can be seen very well with the free TVUPlayer stream although the sun is shining. So the Pay Stream isn't as important to me as it has been last week. Of course I'd love to have the 16:9 format, so I hope that if I don't get the Pay Stream for the final, that someone else will record the stream.

scoobs
03-24-2007, 04:23 PM
Yes, Wimbledon had the highest bitrate, so far. But 649 kb/s is defintely good quality.
Anyways, the ball can be seen very well with the free TVUPlayer stream although the sun is shining. So the Pay Stream isn't as important to me as it has been last week. Of course I'd love to have the 16:9 format, so I hope that if I don't get the Pay Stream for the final, that someone else will record the stream.
I really hope Roland Garros does one - I'm fed up with Eurosport's butterfly coverage for the first week and a bit.

As for recording the stream - I may give it a go but I think they're putting DRM on it so it may not be useful.

Deboogle!.
03-24-2007, 04:24 PM
you posted this link during IW Four:Love, doesn't it work for you?
mms://a1406.l22733f.c22733.e.lm.akamaistream.net/D/1406/22733/v001/reflector:50299

decrepitude
03-24-2007, 04:25 PM
Interesting. Spain is also no longer on the list. :scratch:

Somebody should email them to confirm.

I emailed them yesterday but still haven't had a reply. . .

However I took a chance, on the grounds that if I paid $70 and did not get livestream I would demand my money back on the grounds that their website no longer shows UK as excluded. It is certainly working today.

Yappa
03-24-2007, 04:34 PM
I really hope Roland Garros does one - I'm fed up with Eurosport's butterfly coverage for the first week and a bit.

As for recording the stream - I may give it a go but I think they're putting DRM on it so it may not be useful.

No problem. How do you think I recorded the Haas-Murray debacle? :( ;)
You can get rid of the DRM protection with a tool called FairUse4WM. :)
If you're willig to give it a try, I can explain you how to do it later on.

you posted this link during IW Four:Love, doesn't it work for you?

It probaby would, if I had a subscription. I only took a tournament pass, because I wanted to see Haas beat up Murray.

Deboogle!.
03-24-2007, 04:35 PM
It probaby would, if I had a subscription. I only took a tournament pass, because I wanted to see Haas beat up Murray.Just try it in your WMP ;) :angel: Put it this way, I don't have a subscription.

scoobs
03-24-2007, 04:36 PM
No problem. How do you think I recorded the Haas-Murray debacle? :( ;)
You can get rid of the DRM protection with a tool called FairUse4WM. :)
If you're willig to give it a try, I can explain you how to do it later on.

It probaby would, if I had a subscription. I only took a tournament pass, because I wanted to see Haas beat up Murray.
I've heard of that tool and I may give it a try if there's any matches I want that Sky won't show.

Sorry you instead got to see Murray befuddle Haas into defeat, btw. Well, not that sorry :devil:

scoobs
03-24-2007, 04:36 PM
Just try it in your WMP ;) :angel: Put it this way, I don't have a subscription.
How can that be working if they have DRM on it...

Bizarre.

Deboogle!.
03-24-2007, 04:38 PM
How can that be working if they have DRM on it...

Bizarre.no idea!!!

Yappa
03-24-2007, 04:43 PM
no idea!!!

What? You lucky "!"$&! Of course I tried opening it with my WMP and it doesn't work.
Are you sure that you didn't took an annual subscription? And you're using which version of WMP?

I am wondering if it's possible that two ppl use the same DRM key file which is stored on the HDD after getting the license. Someone who wants to send me his/hers, so that I can give it a try? :D

danton
03-24-2007, 04:46 PM
My laptop screen is 17inches and i'm surprised at the quality. I've signed up for the tournament pass.

It's better than TVU - but I still think TVU is excellent

Deboogle!.
03-24-2007, 04:51 PM
What? You lucky "!"$&! Of course I tried opening it with my WMP and it doesn't work.
Are you sure that you didn't took an annual subscription? And you're using which version of WMP?

I am wondering if it's possible that two ppl use the same DRM key file which is stored on the HDD after getting the license. Someone who wants to send me his/hers, so that I can give it a try? :DPositive. I would know if I had paid!!!! I didn't pay last year either and I haven't logged in to anything :haha: I'm using the newest, WMP11 I guess.

i'd be happy to try sending the license i have, i don't know where to find it on my computer

RickDaStick
03-24-2007, 04:54 PM
You got my hopes up for a second deb! It also requires me to download the licesne to i cant get it to play. Lucky you.

Deboogle!.
03-24-2007, 04:55 PM
it doesn't let you download the license? i don't know why it would work for me, i have nothing special on my computer :shrug:

Sorry guys :( and I don't even need it until Tuesday b/c I have ttc lol

danton
03-24-2007, 05:15 PM
I thought you would be able to choose which of the televised courts you could watch :-(

Jimnik
03-24-2007, 05:21 PM
Just made the annual subscription. Good quality but it's delayed quite a bit. I noticed the ATP scoreboard is about three points ahead of the stream.

scoobs
03-24-2007, 05:23 PM
Just made the annual subscription. Good quality but it's delayed quite a bit. I noticed the ATP scoreboard is about three points ahead of the stream.
Nothing new there, re time delays.

mecir72
03-24-2007, 06:03 PM
So has anyone renewed their subscription with the automatic 25 $ payment yet?

realtin
03-24-2007, 06:44 PM
I thought you would be able to choose which of the televised courts you could watch :-(

So did I :sad:
I also thought 'video on demand' meant you could watch whole matches on demand but it turned out to be only highlights.

I emailed them about it and they said the Indian Wells final would be available as a whole match on video on demand but that didn't happen, just highlights again. I emailed them again to find out why and to ask about their refund policy and they still haven't got back to me... that was five days ago.

I'm not happy:mad:

Yappa
03-24-2007, 06:53 PM
Streams for all televised courts should definitely something which they should offer in the future. Commentary is only needed for the world feed, while the other two streams are commentary free.

Jimnik
03-24-2007, 07:23 PM
My stream is freezing all the time. :(

atheneglaukopis
03-24-2007, 08:10 PM
I also thought 'video on demand' meant you could watch whole matches on demand but it turned out to be only highlights.

I emailed them about it and they said the Indian Wells final would be available as a whole match on video on demand but that didn't happen, just highlights again. I emailed them again to find out why and to ask about their refund policy and they still haven't got back to me... that was five days ago.

I'm not happy:mad:I should have saved a screenshot, but I could swear that the original package had "matches on demand" and "highlights" listed separately, but I can't find anywhere now where it says "matches on demand". :(

Leo
03-24-2007, 08:36 PM
Wow, I had no idea about this until today! How good is the livestream connection - does it buffer a lot, is it clear, etc.? Can you download matches "on demand" like Mediazone's online coverage of Wimbledon last summer (which rocked). Can you download the matches to keep forever, or is it like mediazone and they only work for a certain amount of time before they expire? Because I would like to download a bunch of matches and watch them in later weeks/months whenever I have the time. I don't want to spend the money if I only have this week and next to watch, because there just isn't enough time.

Any other issues with the service? Has anyone bought the yearly pack?

And did they do this for IW too? I wish I knew before.

Deboogle!.
03-24-2007, 08:38 PM
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=98368
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=97267

Leo
03-24-2007, 08:45 PM
Thanks, Deb! Never saw those threads. Looks like I should hold off spending the money, since they still only have highlights and not full matches on demand? Unless that have that, there's no way I'll give in.

FluffyYellowBall
03-24-2007, 08:51 PM
Thanks, Deb! Never saw those threads. Looks like I should hold off spending the money, since they still only have highlights and not full matches on demand? Unless that have that, there's no way I'll give in.

I know. It sucks that u dont have an archive of all the tennis matches. I love watching match repeats. Would be cool to have them all saved on ur laptop and just watch them anytime..

Leo
03-24-2007, 08:54 PM
I know. It sucks that u dont have an archive of all the tennis matches. I love watching match repeats. Would be cool to have them all saved on ur laptop and just watch them anytime..

That's what I love to do (I download from wtaw all the time because the posters there use megaupload and not torrent downloads, which are too confusing for me), so I have a great collection of matches saved on my computer. And I even have a ton of matches from last year's Wimby TV. I was able to cheat the DRM block thing that mediazone had.

Leo
03-24-2007, 08:55 PM
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=98368
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=97267

"must spread reputation." ;)

FluffyYellowBall
03-24-2007, 09:00 PM
What IS reputation?!?!?!
And y do i have limited signature abilities? (i.e im not allowed to put piks)

Deb! do u have a thread u can direct me to for this?!! I dont wanna start a silly thread about sigs and reputation.

Leo
03-24-2007, 09:10 PM
I recommend TVU player to watch TTC. I'm watching Ljubicic slaughter Volandri right now, lol.

Question - Does anyone know a free program that enables you to record what is on your computer screen from a live feed? I know of some people who have them.

Yappa
03-24-2007, 09:12 PM
I use WM Recorder, but it's not free.

nobama
03-24-2007, 09:20 PM
So has anyone renewed their subscription with the automatic 25 $ payment yet?
Mine says it will be renewed on April 17. And the amount says $25.

Leo
03-24-2007, 09:25 PM
I use WM Recorder, but it's not free.

I might be willing to buy it. I bought tunebite last year to fix files with DRM block, and then it didn't work that well and ended up being a waste of 30 bucks. I found another method that was free! But I think spending a little cash on WM Recorder might be worth it.

Does the computer screen saver or buffering problems mess up the recording for you?

danton
03-24-2007, 09:36 PM

I'm not happy:mad:

That's what I thought as well, that even if I couldn't watch the matches live I could watch the whole match later.

They should let people download the matches so it only takes up the bandwith once per person and then they can watch the match as many times as they like. A time out can be placed on the download so once the subscription ends you can no longer watch it. I'm sure this is how Wimbledon worked.

However - the quality if far better than I thought it would be and once the cricket world cup if over I think I am going to cancel Sky unless they start picking up other tournament as well. So far this year Eurosport has been pretty good for atp tournaments - I think they have covered more than SKY.

Yappa
03-24-2007, 10:56 PM
I might be willing to buy it. I bought tunebite last year to fix files with DRM block, and then it didn't work that well and ended up being a waste of 30 bucks. I found another method that was free! But I think spending a little cash on WM Recorder might be worth it.

Does the computer screen saver or buffering problems mess up the recording for you?

No, it doesn't. I already recorded plenty of Stream matches, be it the Pay Stream, Betfair or normal Free Streams.

realtin
03-25-2007, 11:38 AM
I should have saved a screenshot, but I could swear that the original package had "matches on demand" and "highlights" listed separately, but I can't find anywhere now where it says "matches on demand". :(

Up until about 2 weeks ago it did say 'matches on demand' in the advertising. I emailed them about this and they said they replaced this term with 'match highlights' because, like me, other people were mistaking this for whole matches being available on demand when it really meant highlights were available on demand.

I still feel like I should be entitled to a refund because it said 'matches on demand' when I subscribed and that is definitely misleading. But so far they're doing a pretty good job of ignoring me:(

Truc
03-25-2007, 12:47 PM
Up until about 2 weeks ago it did say 'matches on demand' in the advertising. I emailed them about this and they said they replaced this term with 'match highlights' because, like me, other people were mistaking this for whole matches being available on demand when it really meant highlights were available on demand. They haven't changed it, it still clearly says "*Full* matches on demand", here's a screenshot of my actual renewal screen:

NicoFan
03-25-2007, 01:16 PM
I haven't bought ATP TV since Cincy last year because I was misled that there were matches on different courts (not...only the main stadium) and because of the matches on demand issue that everyone is talking about.

The ATP has to take a lesson from Wimbledon.

realtin
03-25-2007, 01:35 PM
They haven't changed it, it still clearly says "*Full* matches on demand", here's a screenshot of my actual renewal screen:

I just checked my renewal screen and it's the same as yours. But on the buy or login page it says this:

Here's what you get:

* Live video stream*
* Match Highlights
* Extensive video archive
* Press conference highlights
* Exclusive behind the scenes footage

(sorry, I don't know how to make a screenshot)

It's strange they changed one page and not the other. Either way, the whole thing is very misleading...

Yappa
03-25-2007, 01:52 PM
I haven't bought ATP TV since Cincy last year because I was misled that there were matches on different courts (not...only the main stadium) and because of the matches on demand issue that everyone is talking about.

The ATP has to take a lesson from Wimbledon.

Maybe you got confused by some ppl posting the direct links? Because when the Cincy tourney was on there were links to Streams for both courts without commentary and the world feed with commentary. Those couldn't be accessed officially from the ATP Masters Series site though, I think. Of those links they only working one left is the world feed one which I already posted. And it can't be accessed without having a subscription anymore (unless you're a super hacker called Deb, of course ;) )

atheneglaukopis
03-25-2007, 05:45 PM
So Moya and Santoro are playing on the stadium, and they're not showing it because...they're showing us some stats and we're listening to commentators ramble about Sampras until the next grandstand match starts? :confused:

Fumus
03-26-2007, 02:32 PM
The highlights are laggy today. This is horrible they were the same way last year, the highlights are unwatchable they freeze sometimes and never comeback. I like the livefeed with the wide screen now, and I like it when the highlights work but clearly this website still has some work to do.

realtin
03-27-2007, 02:58 PM
Finally a reply to my emails:

I'm sorry about the mis information on the Video of full matches, the
terms of our agreement have been changed by the organisers. I can now
confirm that we do not show any matches in full after the match has
finished, we do offer extended highlights of the final, but no matches in
full.

I apologise for this confusion, as a gesture of goodwill I would like
to offer you an extension of one month to your annual subscription,
allowing you access to 2 tournaments next year. If you would prefer I can
also cancel and refund your subscription. Please let me know what option
you would prefer.

best regards,

ATP web support

:( I was hoping there'd be video on demand for some tournaments at least, but it doesn't seem to be the case. I like that they offered a month for free but I don't know if it's worth it - my live feed was jumping a lot yesterday.
hmmmm...

Eddster
03-27-2007, 07:45 PM
hey guys, not sure if anyone else has missed this but it now says "*Live Coverage is NOT available in the following countries:
ITALY, FRANCE and BRAZIL - in these regions you receive all features EXCEPT live footage"

UK not on the list anymore yey!

mangoes
03-27-2007, 07:47 PM
hey guys, not sure if anyone else has missed this but it now says "*Live Coverage is NOT available in the following countries:
ITALY, FRANCE and BRAZIL - in these regions you receive all features EXCEPT live footage"

Spain is also off the list.

atheneglaukopis
03-27-2007, 07:58 PM
Finally a reply to my emails:

I'm sorry about the mis information on the Video of full matches, the
terms of our agreement have been changed by the organisers. I can now
confirm that we do not show any matches in full after the match has
finished, we do offer extended highlights of the final, but no matches in
full.

I apologise for this confusion, as a gesture of goodwill I would like
to offer you an extension of one month to your annual subscription,
allowing you access to 2 tournaments next year. If you would prefer I can
also cancel and refund your subscription. Please let me know what option
you would prefer.

best regards,

ATP web support

:( I was hoping there'd be video on demand for some tournaments at least, but it doesn't seem to be the case. I like that they offered a month for free but I don't know if it's worth it - my live feed was jumping a lot yesterday.
hmmmm...Well, that's disappointing, but at least it's cleared up now. Thanks. :)

My live feed has been quite good overall. It did start jumping a lot yesterday, but I closed out of Internet Explorer and reopened it, and that fixed the problem.

decrepitude
03-27-2007, 08:46 PM

There was a separate thread about it a few days ago, Eddster. I signed up to get the live coverage, and it works fine for me. I would have hated to pay the full amount without live coverage, though, the highlights are far too short.

realtin
03-27-2007, 09:07 PM
My live feed has been quite good overall. It did start jumping a lot yesterday, but I closed out of Internet Explorer and reopened it, and that fixed the problem.

Yeah my live feed has been better today. But if it starts playing up again, I'll give that a try:)

danton
03-27-2007, 11:22 PM
No, it doesn't. I already recorded plenty of Stream matches, be it the Pay Stream, Betfair or normal Free Streams.

Thanks for your tip. I downloaded it and it works perfectly and really easy to use. I am out from 9pm tomorrow night and Murray's match starts at 8pm so i'll miss most of it. I have sky sports but it is going to be on interactive which as a virgin Media customer you don't get so I can't record it from TV. This is great - thanks:worship:

mecir72
03-29-2007, 09:13 AM
So to the people with renewal dates prior to today. Did you get it for 25 $? Or what happened?

scoobs
03-29-2007, 09:21 AM
Mine renewed for $25

And now the UK can get live stream - TOTALLY worth it for me.

mecir72
03-29-2007, 11:50 AM
That is great news indeed. Thank you.

Truc
03-29-2007, 12:18 PM
Does your renewal screen say 25 $ too, mecir? I had to renew my annual subscription to watch Miami and I paid 55 €.

cath777
03-31-2007, 02:29 AM
My subscription renewed for $25 US also, and says it will repeat at that price for next year too :yeah:

mecir72
03-31-2007, 07:24 PM
Mine renewed today for 25 $. And it says next billing date 31 March 2008, amount 25 $.
I wonder why they leave it like that? I guess it is better not to ask hehe.

mecir72
04-01-2007, 05:19 PM
Only now I cannot watch...

El Legenda
04-01-2007, 09:07 PM
maybe CBS didnt want stream for the final

Yappa
04-16-2007, 04:07 PM
Just a reminder concerning the free highlights video. A new one is available every day at http://www.atpmastersseries.tv/page/Home/0,,11444,00.html

There's currently still the player roundup video.

Yappa
05-07-2007, 01:22 PM
So, instead of showing the doubles match with Federer and Nadal they prefer giving us a rerun of the earlier Henman match? This sucks.

I don't even use the Pay Stream right now, but I hoped I'd be able to record the Tennis Channel stream on TVUPlayer and the ATP is responsible for what is shown after all.

And it's really time for http://www.atpmastersseries.tv/ to have more than one stream.

danton
05-07-2007, 01:28 PM
So, instead of showing the doubles match with Federer and Nadal they prefer giving us a rerun of the earlier Henman match? This sucks.

I don't even use the Pay Stream right now, but I hoped I'd be able to record the Tennis Channel stream on TVUPlayer and the ATP is responsible for what is shown after all.

And it's really time for http://www.atpmastersseries.tv/ to have more than one stream.

That's ridiculous - Even Sky is showing the doubles

Unless you are Swiss or Spanish only then having one court suits you as Nadal and FEd are always going to be on Centre court. Murray today is on the number 2 court which means most likely they won't show it - therefore why would I bother buying this service when I am most likely not going to see the matches I want.

Yappa
05-07-2007, 01:34 PM
That's ridiculous - Even Sky is showing the doubles

What? I am envious. You Brits really live in Tennis heaven. :(

Unless you are Swiss or Spanish only then having one court suits you as Nadal and FEd are always going to be on Centre court. Murray today is on the number 2 court which means most likely they won't show it - therefore why would I bother buying this service when I am most likely not going to see the matches I want.

They should increase their bandwidth and offer that 2nd stream. And commentary is not really needed.

stebs
05-07-2007, 01:38 PM
What? I am envious. You Brits really live in Tennis heaven. :(

Depends how much you're willing to pay. I am a Brit but I don't get any tennis other than the small amount of ATP on Eurosport which you also enjoy and good coverage of the grass season.

The only AMS I can watch is on livestream links which are mostly provided by you. :)

Yappa
05-07-2007, 01:42 PM
Depends how much you're willing to pay. I am a Brit but I don't get any tennis other than the small amount of ATP on Eurosport which you also enjoy and good coverage of the grass season.

Well, it's Pay TV, but that's normal.

The only AMS I can watch is on livestream links which are mostly provided by you. :)

:)

Does Sky offer Interactive for the whole week, or is the doubles match an exception? Are they currently also showing the Hewitt match?

danton
05-07-2007, 02:13 PM
Well, it's Pay TV, but that's normal.

:)

Does Sky offer Interactive for the whole week, or is the doubles match an exception? Are they currently also showing the Hewitt match?

Sky only offers interactive if you're with sky. If like me you can't have a dish on your house then you have to go with cable company and Sky don't let cable have interactive. I spoke to Virgin Media about it and they said Sky refuses to let them have it - presumably so people go with Sky rather than cable.

Their tennis coverage this year has been poor - it's just been the masters series - now the cricket world cup is over I am seriously thinking of cancelling - it's not worth the money.

jayjay
05-07-2007, 03:03 PM
Their tennis coverage this year has been poor - it's just been the masters series - now the cricket world cup is over I am seriously thinking of cancelling - it's not worth the money.

Sky's airing of tournaments this year has been no different from any other year, so I don't understand your complaint unless you were misled into believing they showed tournaments every week.

Sky's coverage has always consisted of all Masters Series events (the coverage is largely excellent, especially with interactive :p :) ), Rotterdam, Nottingham, US Open, Bangkok, the Masters Cup and a World Group Davis Cup tie each round.

If you have Sky Sports just for tennis, then I agree with you that it wouldn't be worth the subs. But as a fan of a number of sports, Sky Sports is a god send as far as I'm concerned.

bokehlicious
05-07-2007, 03:13 PM
Unless you are Swiss or Spanish only then having one court suits you as Nadal and FEd are always going to be on Centre court.

I'm almost sure those two actually have fans worldwide and not only from their respective native countries... :shrug:

danton
05-07-2007, 03:15 PM
Sky's airing of tournaments this year has been no different from any other year, so I don't understand your complaint unless you were misled into believing they showed tournaments every week.

Sky's coverage has always consisted of all Masters Series events (the coverage is largely excellent, especially with interactive :p :) ), Rotterdam, Nottingham, US Open, Bangkok, the Masters Cup and a World Group Davis Cup tie each round.

If you have Sky Sports just for tennis, then I agree with you that it wouldn't be worth the subs. But as a fan of a number of sports, Sky Sports is a god send as far as I'm concerned.

Not tournaments every week but last year they had more than the masters series and the US open and the tournaments you listed above. Not exactly overflowing with tournaments but definately more that they have put on so far this year.

Eurosport has been excellent for ATP tennis this year whereas last year they seemed to only focus on WTA.

danton
05-07-2007, 03:16 PM
I'm almost sure those two actually have fans worldwide and not only from their respective native countries... :shrug:

I like watching them as well but I still want to see players from my country. And if I can't do that then I am less likely to subscribe to the service.

jayjay
05-07-2007, 03:19 PM
[QUOTE=danton;5305797]Not tournaments every week but last year they had more than the masters series and the US open and the tournaments you listed above. Not exactly overflowing with tournaments but definately more that they have put on so far this year.

I'm pretty sure you're mistaken, they didn't have more. Which are the tournaments you think they are missing this year that they showed last?

Eurosport has been excellent for ATP tennis this year whereas last year they seemed to only focus on WTA.

Well I wouldn't call ES coverage excellent. :lol: It's a decent fill in week to week, but their scheduling and reliance is so poor that it's sometimes a lottery as to whether they will end up showing what they advertised they would.

They used to show alot more ATP than they do now, 2/3/4 years ago. But since signing the new deal with WTA obviously they have focused more on that.

And their French Open coverage is ridiculous, don't even get me started. :)

danton
05-07-2007, 03:30 PM
[QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure you're mistaken, they didn't have more. Which are the tournaments you think they are missing this year that they showed last?

Well I wouldn't call ES coverage excellent. :lol: It's a decent fill in week to week, but their scheduling and reliance is so poor that it's sometimes a lottery as to whether they will end up showing what they advertised they would.

They used to show alot more ATP than they do now, 2/3/4 years ago. But since signing the new deal with WTA obviously they have focused more on that.

And their French Open coverage is ridiculous, don't even get me started. :)

I can't remember which tournaments but remember a smattering of tournaments throughout the year in addition to ams.

Eurosports Estoril coverage was crap - I don't think they had anything live even the finals was highlights - but then it's free whereas Sky is £22-£24 a month so I feel less agrieved

Yappa
05-07-2007, 03:30 PM
danton has pretty high expectations, it seems to me. At least higher than mine, because I'd already be happy with at least the Masters Series on our Pay TV. Yes, I'd pay for it.
You guys are spoiled. :D Though I have to admit that german Pay TV (at least the Sports package without football) costs less than the british one. For us it's 15 euro per month for 12 months (or 10 Euro per month for 24).

And Eurosports ATP coverage isn't that great. Unless you're including Eurosport 2.

But back to my question which hasn't been answered yet:

Did Sky show both matches, the doubles with Federer vs Nadal and Hewitt-Hernandez, at the same time?

danton
05-07-2007, 03:36 PM
danton has pretty high expectations, it seems to me. At least higher than mine, because I'd already be happy with at least the Masters Series on our Pay TV. Yes, I'd pay for it.
You guys are spoiled. :D

And Eurosports ATP coverage isn't that great. Unless you're including Eurosport 2.

But back to my question which hasn't been answered yet:

Did Sky show both matches, the doubles with Federer vs Nadal and Hewitt-Hernandez, at the same time?

Yes - you had to go onto interactive to see Hewitt Hernandez.

Sky for tennis - 10 ams and US open - cost per year £264 or $528 for that amount of money I think I'm entitled to high expectations and a few extra tournaments thrown in.

danton
05-07-2007, 03:40 PM
Let me amend that I'm actually paying £23.50 a month (bloody hell!)

so that's £282 or $564

OUCH!

Yappa
05-07-2007, 03:44 PM
Is that with or without football? Seems pretty expensive to me. Football alone (European leagues, CL, UEFA Cup and german Bundesliga) costs another 30/20 euro per month.

danton
05-07-2007, 03:53 PM
Is that with or without football? Seems pretty expensive to me. Football alone (European leagues, CL, UEFA Cup and german Bundesliga) costs another 30/20 euro per month.

Ooh - i'm not sure I get four channels and i know I get the champions league -European football as if I wanted I could have watched the recent semis with Chelsea and liverpool. I think a lot of the other footie though you have to pay extra - there are loads of ads encouraging you to pay more money so you can watch certain matches. I think there is some Spanish footie for no extra money but I think it is in a spanish footie hightlights programme.

They did have a cricket world cup - which despite being rubbish (no fault of Sky's) I was glad to have.

After working it out I'm thinking it's a bit too expensive I could have a nice bag or pair of shoes for that.

Jimnik
05-07-2007, 03:54 PM
I can't remember which tournaments but remember a smattering of tournaments throughout the year in addition to ams.

Mate, I don't know what gave you this impression, but Sky's coverage hasn't changed at all since last year. Actually, their coverage of IW and Miami was probably better than last year.

Rotterdam, Nottingham and Bangkok are the ONLY International Series tournaments they have ever shown.

scoobs
05-07-2007, 04:31 PM
I pay for Sky Sports for just the tennis and I'm happy enough with it. I don't follow other sports either. If there were cheaper tv-quality coverage available elsewhere I would explore it but as it is, I'm just happy to have the chance to see coverage, which is more than a lot of countries.

jayjay
05-07-2007, 05:40 PM

Danton has given you the wrong impression, the Sky Sports package is immense as far as live coverage of multiple sports throughout the year.

He/she evidently just watches it for tennis, in which case the money is probably not worth it. Even if I only liked tennis, I would get Sky Sports but I'd be aware I was probably paying over the odds. However, Sky Sports if it was designed for only one sport initially, it was football once Sky secured Premiership rights back in 1992/93.

And every year the coverage and flexibility gets better across the sports.

jayjay
05-07-2007, 05:42 PM
Eurosports Estoril coverage was crap - I don't think they had anything live even the finals was highlights - but then it's free whereas Sky is £22-£24 a month so I feel less agrieved

Eurosport isn't free, it's still a pay channel just within the confines of other pay packages. This was the first year ES actually showed any coverage of Estoril as far as I can remember, so in that sense, the highlights were a bonus in that case to me in relation to what I normally have come to expect from them.

jayjay
05-07-2007, 05:48 PM
Sky for tennis - 10 ams and US open - cost per year £264 or $528 for that amount of money I think I'm entitled to high expectations and a few extra tournaments thrown in.

But there is no such thing as buying Sky Sports just for tennis. Sky Sports cover many sports (not just tennis) and for £282 a year it is well worth the money. The fact that you may not follow any of the other sports, obviously puts you in a different situation, but considering Tennis isn't anywhere near one of Sky Sports's biggest pull ins, they have excellent coverage and cover as much as I would expect them to.

What other tournaments should they show that they don't?

Yappa
05-07-2007, 06:00 PM
Eurosport isn't free, it's still a pay channel just within the confines of other pay packages.

For me Eurosport is more or less free. Even Eurosport 2, but only because I bought the smartcard at a time when ppl only needed to pay for the card once and not also additionally per month.

This was the first year ES actually showed any coverage of Estoril as far as I can remember, so in that sense, the highlights were a bonus in that case to me in relation to what I normally have come to expect from them.

Eurosport 2 already had coverage last year (I still have recorded matches on my HDD) and it was live every day while this year it was live only Tuesday and Wednesday. At least in Germany and in the Uk, I think. In France Snooker isn't as big as in the UK and Germany, so they got the semi finals and the Final live.

But there is no such thing as buying Sky Sports just for tennis. Sky Sports cover many sports (not just tennis) and for £282 a year it is well worth the money. The fact that you may not follow any of the other sports, obviously puts you in a different situation, but considering Tennis isn't anywhere near one of Sky Sports's biggest pull ins, they have excellent coverage and cover as much as I would expect them to.

Isn't it possible to buy a subscription without any football? Should be a lot cheaper.

There aren't that many bigger (non Masters Series) tournies left. Maybe Barcelona.

jayjay
05-07-2007, 06:37 PM
[QUOTE=Four:Love;5306752]For me Eurosport is more or less free. Even Eurosport 2, but only because I bought the smartcard at a time when ppl only needed to pay for the card once and not also additionally per month.

There are 3 ways of getting Eurosport in the UK.

1. (If you don't have Sky, cable etc)You can buy a Freeview box (think they cost about £50) and then you can subscribe to receive ES for about £7 per month. But you only get ES, not ES 2.

2. If you have Sky, but don't want premium channels like Sky Sports and Sky Movies. You can just get a "2 mix" package which costs £15 per month, and if one of those mixes you choose is "news and events" then you will get ES and ES 2.

3. If you have Sky and go for the full monty Sky Sports package, then ES and ES 2 comes inclusive anyway. The Sky Sports package as whole is Sky Sports 1, 2, 3 and xtra (as well as Sky Sports News).

Most of the tennis happens on Sky Sports xtra, which I think (not totally sure) you can subscribe to on its own for about £8 a month if you can't afford the entire Sky Sports package.

This may be one complaint where danton has a point, Sky Sports xtra comes as an add on with the Sky Sports package, until recently I don't think you could buy it on its own (not sure you even can now as I said), so if you want to watch tennis then you have to subscribe to the main package in order to receive Sky Sports xtra too.

My package is £34 a month, I get the Sky Sports package along with another 2 "mixes" - news & events and variety mix.

http://www.sky.com/portal/site/skycom/products/packages/sports
http://www.sky.com/portal/site/skycom/products/packages

Eurosport 2 already had coverage last year (I still have recorded matches on my HDD) and it was live every day while this year it was live only Tuesday and Wednesday. At least in Germany and in the Uk, I think. In France Snooker isn't as big as in the UK and Germany, so they got the semi finals and the Final live.

I didn't realise, I missed their Estoril action last year then, could have seen Nalbandian's last ever title win! :lol: I was pretty sure they didn't have any action in the UK, but I may be wrong.

Isn't it possible to buy a subscription without any football? Should be a lot cheaper.

No. As a football fan myself I wouldn't want to, for me it is well worth it, just off the top of my head some of the action I enjoy thanks to Sky Sports live over the year.

- 3/4 live premiership matches a week, 2 live la liga matches a week (virtually a Barcelona season ticket), I'll be able to watch every match of the Copa America this summer, all the already mentioned tennis action (including interactive for different choice of matches at Masters events - not madrid and paris though - and US Open, Davis Cup), live NBA matches including the whole finals series, a choice of 4 live NFL matches (on interactive, they show one at 6pm, and you can switch to another, then another match at 9pm and you can switch to another).

And that's just the meat and bones, I also watch the Tri-Nations (live every match), Super League (Rugby League, 2 live matches a week). And quite a bit of One Day International Cricket and keeping an eye on some Test matches.

I wouldn't want to live life without Sky Sports now, once you taste it, you can't go back to the way it was on terrestrial tv. :D It would be like being kicked out of a palace and told to live in a cardboard box that smells of piss.

There aren't that many bigger (non Masters Series) tournies left. Maybe Barcelona.

I've never understood why ES don't get their hands on Barcelona, then again I've never understood their thinking over their schedules. They cover a number of sports, the only thing is, you never get to watch the beginning or end of any of them. :lol:

scoobs
05-07-2007, 06:40 PM
They did have Estoril action last year - I recorded Nalbandian's semi and final I think, and Davydenko's semi.

griffin_230
05-07-2007, 06:41 PM
I completely forgot about this and just checked my account and found that it had automatically renewed for $25.

I suppose I shouldn't complain, because it's actually a real bargain, but I'm a bit freaked out that it renewed automatically without me having any knowledge or intervention about this. I thought it was a one-shot deal/special offer when I tried it out last year - I didn't realise it was some annual subscription!!

jayjay
05-07-2007, 06:48 PM
In fairness to Masters TV, they did make it pretty clear from the beginning that it was a rolling renewal (and you would have to unsubscribe from it, which only took two clicks of the mouse) and infact it says that on your entry page every time you log in.

griffin_230
05-07-2007, 07:08 PM
In fairness to Masters TV, they did make it pretty clear from the beginning that it was a rolling renewal (and you would have to unsubscribe from it, which only took two clicks of the mouse) and infact it says that on your entry page every time you log in.

Yeah, it's been a while since I've used this - I probably forgot about that. I have to say that the cost is an absolute bargain, especially with this live feed :)

jayjay
05-07-2007, 07:10 PM
Yeah, it's been a while - I probably forgot about that. I have to say that the cost is an absolute bargain, especially with this live feed :)

I wish I had forgotten like you. :lol:

I unsubscribed a week or so before it was revealed they would have live coverage for UK users, and then re-subscribed, but obviously not at the low price from last year. Still cheap and a bargain though at the price I re-subscribed at, something like £30.

griffin_230
05-07-2007, 07:19 PM
I wish I had forgotten like you. :lol:

I unsubscribed a week or so before it was revealed they would have live coverage for UK users, and then re-subscribed, but obviously not at the low price from last year. Still cheap and a bargain though at the price I re-subscribed at, something like £30.

LOL. Yeah, it had been a while since I had used this, because I was using TVU Player, the Betfair live feed, etc. for the tennis. I only remembered this because I just happened on this thread today :) Still, even at £30 it's a damn good deal!

Truc
05-10-2007, 02:29 PM
Is the livestream working well for you today? It's buffering like crazy for me, I can't watch the matches. :(
I tested my Internet connection, the speed is fine, I'm just having problems with the "Masters Series TV" (well, MTF is slow too, but that's not new...)

jayjay
05-10-2007, 02:37 PM
It's been working for me fine when I have checked on it a couple of times today, but I can't say I have been watching on the net for long periods. I'm sure you have tried already, but try clearing your cache/temp files and then watching without any other applications/windows open and see if that helps at all.

realtin
05-10-2007, 02:39 PM
It's been buffering for me a bit, but refreshing the page seems to get it back on track.

Yappa
05-15-2007, 01:23 PM
What happened?
Since 2:1 Youzny in the 2nd set, all I can see is a green screen.
Am I the only one?

The free bwin stream still works though, so the signal should be all right.

btw. here's the direct link:
rtsp://a300.l2273350299.c22733.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/300/22733/v0001/reflector:50299

Stensland
05-15-2007, 01:24 PM
What happened?
For a few mins already all I can see is a green screen.

btw. here's the direct link:
rtsp://a300.l2273350299.c22733.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/300/22733/v0001/reflector:50299

yes i posted this problem in your "free streams" thread as well. i don't know what happened, but the lower part of the screen recently turned grey on my computer...

what is going on?! :rolleyes:

Yappa
05-15-2007, 01:32 PM
It's back working. *phew*

RickDaStick
05-19-2007, 05:11 PM
Does anyone remember the price of the Wimbledon Live last year on their website where they had coverage of all tv courts? This year it is $24.99, i thought i remembered it being a lot less last year but im not sure.

martine2
05-19-2007, 07:37 PM
Does Masters Series TV only cover MS events or do they bring all the competitions?

Is the quality ok? Screen size?

Yappa
05-19-2007, 11:19 PM
Does anyone remember the price of the Wimbledon Live last year on their website where they had coverage of all tv courts? This year it is $24.99, i thought i remembered it being a lot less last year but im not sure.

I am pretty sure it was less, but I don't remember the price.

Does Masters Series TV only cover MS events or do they bring all the competitions?

Only the Masters Series tourneys.

Is the quality ok? Screen size?

Yes, it is ok. At least it's better than all those Free stream which are available. The bitrate is 649 kbps with a screen resolution of 576x324. The screen is in 16:9.

I think the only Tennis stream which had a higher bandwith in the past was the Wimby one, which was close to 1Mbit, or was that only for the downloadable matches?

Truc
05-20-2007, 01:07 PM
I think the Wimbledon livestream cost $20 last year.

(It probably was a problem with my Internet provider when I complained last time about too much buffering, btw, nothing to do with the AMS.tv service this time.
It's been working really fine this year since the relaunch of the website and the customers support has improved a lot, I always get an answer immediately now.)

realtin
05-20-2007, 01:32 PM
Yeah well it was definitely €19.95 last year as I still have the e-mail I got from them then. $25 converts to about €18.50 so I don't think it's actually gone up. Maybe it's just a confusion between euro and dollars.

It's still pretty expensive considering I paid about €6 to watch the Australian open on Eurosport.com

martine2
08-03-2007, 08:58 AM
Does the ATP Masters Series TV have a re-live matches option?
I'm considering subscribing, but only if can watch the matches at a later moment, since the upcoming tournaments are at pretty difficult hours over here in Europe with the time difference.

my0118
08-03-2007, 09:02 AM
I'm considering subscribing, but only if can watch the matches at a later moment, since the upcoming tournaments are at pretty difficult hours over here in Europe with the time difference.

yeah I would like to know too.
and if so, is there a direct link so that I can watch on WMP?

Labamba
08-03-2007, 09:12 AM

no :sad: (atleast so far this year)

only some crappy highlights, which ain't much fun to watch :o

The stream is fine, but I guess it will only start on Monday and not on Sunday when the main draw begins :(

scoobs
08-03-2007, 09:18 AM
No re-live unfortunately.

It's definitely time they added that. I've become spoiled by Eurosport doing it for the French and Wimbledon's own service.