Players You Would Like to See in the Opposite Side of Your Fav Draw at IW! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Players You Would Like to See in the Opposite Side of Your Fav Draw at IW!

victory1
03-04-2007, 10:23 PM
We are all hoping that our favorites get a good draw at IW. Let's name some players that we would like to see in the opposite side of the draw from our favorite players. You also have to giva a reason. Also it has to make sense, i.e., Fed and Nadal will never be on the same side since they are rank 1 and 2, so they would never be on the same side (same for Roddick & Davidenko since they are rank 3 & 4).

I dont want to see Blake on the same side as Federer because he can't compete with Federer and as one of my favorite players, I would love for him to defend his runner-up points.
I don't want to see Berdych, Sordeling, or Safin on Federer side because eventhough he beats them, they always compete well with him and give me heart failures.
I don't want to see Gonzales on Federer side simply because I want him on Nadal's!;)

Johnny Groove
03-04-2007, 10:25 PM
Uncle Toni needs to work his magic again. i dont know whats going on with him lately. I guess Mirka has been winning the naked mud wrestle battles before every tourney and has been picking the draws :shrug:

if he can get blake, berdych, gonzalez, youzhny and company on the other side, im happy :lol:

atheneglaukopis
03-04-2007, 10:27 PM
Uncle Toni needs to work his magic again. i dont know whats going on with him lately. I guess Mirka has been winning the naked mud wrestle battles before every tourney and has been picking the draws :shrug:She must be taking seriously the MTF injunctions to get into shape. Bring it on, Toni!

victory1
03-04-2007, 10:29 PM
Uncle Toni needs to work his magic again. i dont know whats going on with him lately. I guess Mirka has been winning the naked mud wrestle battles before every tourney and has been picking the draws :shrug:

if he can get blake, berdych, gonzalez, youzhny and company on the other side, im happy :lol:

I hope Uncle Toni magic continues to failed because I would like to see at least 3 of these guys on his side; plus Roddick & Safin!:D

Johnny Groove
03-04-2007, 10:33 PM
She must be taking seriously the MTF injunctions to get into shape. Bring it on, Toni!

Toni was winning all the mud wrestiling bouts last year, but i hear Mirka bulked up in July, and has been winning ever since. And Toni had an injury in TMS Paris, which explains Rafa's draw there.

Jlee
03-04-2007, 10:36 PM
I'd like to see...

Top Half:
Federer
Davydenko
Gonzalez
Ljubicic

Bottom Half:
Nadal
Roddick - with a Nadal/Roddick clash in the semis...please!
Blake
Robredo

If that's possible :lol:

+alonso
03-04-2007, 11:01 PM
No Gonzalez in Federer's half please! :ras:

Klaas_nalbandian
03-04-2007, 11:06 PM
well guess lots of my favs will meet each other and everyone can win a match against each other. the only guy no one wants to meet is Federer although the goal of everyone is to meet him at the end.

I really want guys like ljubo and davy in the same half as Rogi

BlakeorHenman
03-04-2007, 11:13 PM
my fave is safin so i hope he gets 5 buys.

ivanban
03-04-2007, 11:32 PM
I hope that Djokovic won't get in his half of a draw Federer and Youzhny 'cause this year he's been losing only from them ;-)

uglyamerican
03-04-2007, 11:49 PM
I hope that Djokovic won't get in his half of a draw Federer and Youzhny 'cause this year he's been losing only from them ;-)

Agreed. No Youzhny--QF opponent at earliest

No Roger--SF opponent at earliest

Then I will be pleased.

sondraj06
03-04-2007, 11:59 PM
Youzny,Youzny,Youzny, Youzny, and....no, yeah that's it

ChinoRios4Ever
03-05-2007, 12:00 AM
Gonzo NO in Roger's half plisssssssssss

good draw for Massu plis, no a top ten in the 2nd round :p

stroszek
03-05-2007, 12:02 AM
I'd like the top 16 seeds (no Ancic here) to be spread like this for the round of 16:

Federer (1) vs.
Ferrer (14)

Haas (9) vs.
Robredo (7)

Blake (6) vs.
Djokovic (12)

Gasquet (15) vs.
Davydenko (4)
___

Roddick (3) vs.
Murray (13)

Berdych (11) vs.
Gonzalez (5)

Ljubicic (8) vs.
Nalbandian (10)

Youzhny (16) vs.
Nadal (2)

Murray will be seeded to face a top 4 player in the last 16, and Roddick is the best match-up for him, and I'd like Blake, Robredo, Haas and Davydenko in the other half, I don't like Murray's chances against them.

Federer&Hingis
03-05-2007, 04:57 AM
I'm not worried who would be in the same draw side of Federer.

Because he beats everyone.:devil:

What i want to see is Federer vs Murray (time to revenge for last year fluke win by Murray at Cincy) and Nadal vs Safin as soon as possible. :cool:

Federerhingis
03-05-2007, 05:07 AM
Actually I would love to see Federer play Hrbaty in his draw and anyone who still has a positive h2h against him; those matters have to resolved and resumed in a timely manner before it gets too late and some go into retirement. Murray would be another good candidate and a good test to get things started for the second week at palm springs.

By the way what's of Dominik? Has his ranking dropped that significantly?

ltaravilse
03-05-2007, 08:08 AM
I don't want David on Federer's side and I want him to face Nadal in R16 and defeat him.
I also want Berdych, Murray and Djokovic on Federer's side because I believe they are more dangerous to David than Roddick, Davydenko or Blake.
I also don't want Feña in David's side of the draw

stebs
03-05-2007, 09:04 AM
I want to see Roddick vs Nadal and Djokovic vs Murray. I guess the winner of Djoko vs Murray could face Federer in the semi's, Rafa vs Roddick would be a semi.

oz_boz
03-05-2007, 09:10 AM
Nadal-Roddick
Murray-Federer
Djokovic-Robredo
Söderling-Nadal
Haas-Youzhny
Gasquet-Nadal
Federer-Hrbaty

would be fun.

aulus
03-05-2007, 09:14 AM
federer should beat anyone, so i would just like to see some interesting matchups. don't need to see federer destroy roddick for 14th time.

maybe roddick-nadal. or blake-safin. or youzhny-murray. or nadal-safin. or murray-djokovic. or djokovic-roddick. or nadal-haas. or gonzo-youzhny. or gasquet-djokovic.

so many good possibilities....

Ferrero Forever
03-05-2007, 09:58 AM
Out of the top seeds I'd rather have Nadal, Ljubicic, Davydenko and Robredo on Ferrero's side of the draw. Of course Ferrero will get stuck with the other 4

savesthedizzle
03-05-2007, 02:18 PM

Agreed. No Youzhny--QF opponent at earliest

No Roger--SF opponent at earliest

Then I will be pleased.

I agree with the other Djokovic fans of course. Youzhny and Federer need to be far far far away. :lol:

mickymouse
03-05-2007, 02:21 PM
Murray or Djokovic vs Nadal
It'll be fun to see if the young guns who have been most impressive this year are able to make any gains on Nadal. Neither hasn't beaten Nadal so far.

Roddick vs Hewitt
There're always sparks when these 2 play

Jimnik
03-05-2007, 02:46 PM
JCF will want to see Nadal, Roddick, Gonzalez, Ferrer, Almagro and Moya on the other side.

MrJ
03-05-2007, 02:51 PM
I would like to see all my favs avoid Federer obviously.
Match up I would like to see are Blake-Roddick, Safin-Federer, Nadal-Murray/Djorkovic

aramis
03-05-2007, 05:54 PM
JCF needs his own, third, side of the draw :)

No, but seriously, he is playing much more aggressive than last year, so I'm not worried too much about his draw. Of course, he'll still get the worst one imaginable.

sondraj06
03-05-2007, 06:01 PM
JCF needs his own, third, side of the draw :)

:haha::spit::dance:

Some players need their own side of the draw, where it's no one but them and their racket

safinaferrero
03-06-2007, 01:35 AM
No gonzalez for Marat safin
No Nadal for Lopez
No Roddick for Robredo
No blake for Ferrero
and of course...

NO FEDERER FOR ANY OF MY FAV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RonE
03-06-2007, 08:32 AM
I want Blake, Gonzalez, Berdych, Youzhny, Safin and maybe also Roddick on the opposite side of the draw from Federer- not because he can't beat them but I would like to see another early pig roasting QF or earlier :devil:

Kolya
03-06-2007, 08:56 AM
By the way what's of Dominik? Has his ranking dropped that significantly?

Hrbaty has been playing very poorly but he is still ranked in the 20's.

vincayou
03-06-2007, 09:40 AM
No Federer for Richie, that's all I ask.

tcorinna
03-06-2007, 11:30 AM
I don't want to see Marat on the same half with Federer ... because I want them both in the final :rolls:

Goodluck Fede and Marat:wavey:

Xristos
03-06-2007, 12:59 PM
Safin V Nadal. Please.

Saumon
03-06-2007, 10:46 PM
http://www.pacificlifeopen.com/4/assets/pdfs/draws/ATPMDS071.pdf