Is this Lleyton's last change to get back to top 5? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Is this Lleyton's last change to get back to top 5?

Matchu
03-04-2007, 11:59 AM
Lleyton Hewitt will play the final in Las Vegas tommorow against Jurgen Melzer, IMO I personally feel that if Lleyton does not make a move now and win this title he will find it very hard to even make it back to even top 10. Hewitt has been struggling ever since mid 2005 when he got married.

I feel that if Lleyton is able to win Las Vegas and take this confidence into Indian Wells and go deep into the tournament he may even make it back to top 15, and carry that over to Miami.

The best possible outcome I can see from my point of view and what I would really like to happen is Lleyton wins Las Vegas, makes semis in IW and Miami, and gets on a roll and makes top 10 before Wimbledon.

Your thoughts?

Andre'sNo1Fan
03-04-2007, 12:07 PM
No I will never write him off until the day he retires. He's proved me wrong too many times before.

Langers
03-04-2007, 12:12 PM
Lleyton is a fighter alright, what a champion. :rocker2:

Let's just hope he wins tomorrow. ;)

Sean.J.S.
03-04-2007, 12:12 PM
I agree. But I wouldn't say it's his last chance.

CmonAussie
03-04-2007, 12:13 PM
#``#
Even though Las Vegas is an MM title, winning this would definitely be a big step for Rocky Llegs Hewitt.
It makes a big difference to his confidence to win these & the flip side is that losing a final [to say Melzer] would have the opposite affect~>> another blow to his confidence.
`@@`
As a long time fan I never like to write off Hewitt, but lets just say tomorrow`s match is very important!!!
He needs a bit of luck!
Go for his shots!
No more injuries!
Focussed attitude!
& no more babies for a couple of years!
If he can do all that then he may find his way back to the Top-5..

oz_boz
03-04-2007, 12:22 PM
Top 5? Top 10 briefly at best IMO.

sarciness
03-04-2007, 12:24 PM
No, this isn't his last chance. Important match, yes.

FaceyFacem
03-04-2007, 02:29 PM
he needs some draws at IW and miami though, because i think he can beat anyone on tour right now (not the he necessarily will), with the exception of roger, so as long as he keeps away from roger, i think he can go pretty deep in some events, he's been losing only due to injury, or to people playing really inspired tennis (in the majors at least) the last year or so, so i hope a few more go his way

Bobby
03-04-2007, 02:54 PM
Lleyton won't get back to top 5. This particular tournament doesn't make any difference. He is a decent player, but there are much better ones now.

Horatio Caine
03-04-2007, 02:55 PM
He won't get back to top 5...even top 10 is stretching it to be honest. 8-10 is makeable, but he has a lot of ground to make up in a short space of time.

jazar
03-04-2007, 03:10 PM
top 5 is out of the question. he will stay around the top 20 for most of the rest of his career

Dougie
03-04-2007, 03:43 PM
I don´t think Lleyton will ever make it to top 5 again. It is an important match, but not his last chance. This season, however is vital to him. Still, no matter what happens in the final, I think Indian Wells will show that he is no threat to the real top players in the world.

Lleytonisthebest
03-04-2007, 08:27 PM
cmon lleyton you can do it once again!

Stevens Point
03-04-2007, 08:34 PM
Is this Lleyton's last change to get back to top 5?
I first wondered what change would put him back to top 5, but I see,, you meant chance..

Allure
03-04-2007, 09:09 PM
No because his best form was in 2001-2002 and other youngsters will surpass him, leaving him in the dust

Jlee
03-04-2007, 09:47 PM
I don't really see him getting to the top five again, but top ten could happen if he gets it back together soon. Las Vegas would be a good win for him and would help, but he would still have a long way to go.

ServeAlready81
03-04-2007, 10:20 PM
I think it may be possible, IMO it's more mental than anything. I think losing so many times to Roger Federer has played on his mind a bit, because in the past Lleyton knew he was the best...now he's had to except the fact that he's not. I'm glad he has a new coach though, because majority of the time elite players have better results with new coaches.

TenHound
03-04-2007, 10:37 PM
Do they have a separate ranking for Fathers? If so, he'll make it :)

Who is his new coach - I missed it?

CmonAussie
03-04-2007, 10:43 PM
I think it may be possible, IMO it's more mental than anything. I think losing so many times to Roger Federer has played on his mind a bit, because in the past Lleyton knew he was the best...now he's had to except the fact that he's not. I'm glad he has a new coach though, because majority of the time elite players have better results with new coaches.

:wavey:
He doesn`t have a new coach;)
Scott Draper was just a temporary for AO:cool:

CmonAussie
03-04-2007, 10:45 PM
Do they have a separate ranking for Fathers? If so, he'll make it :)
Who is his new coach - I missed it?

Yeah Lleyton`s currently #1 for active fathers:worship:
Andre was of course the greatest father/competitor in history:worship:

R.Federer
03-05-2007, 06:00 AM
Andre was of course the greatest father/competitor in history :worship:
Andre's biggest successes came before he was a father. Correct me if I'm wrong, he won only one slam after Jaden was born and none after the daughter I forget what her name is.

Bremen
03-05-2007, 06:35 AM
Andre's biggest successes came before he was a father. Correct me if I'm wrong, he won only one slam after Jaden was born and none after the daughter I forget what her name is.

Jaz...I can't believe I know that. Too many random facts stuck in my head.