What happened to Todd Reid? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

What happened to Todd Reid?

Sean.J.S.
03-04-2007, 02:50 AM
This guy was thought to be the next big thing for Australia when he reached the QF of Adelaide and Sydney and 3RD Round of Australian Open one year when he was 20 or whatever. He got to about world number 105. Now he is ranked about 1500.

What happened? Is he injured or has he just given up?

~EMiLiTA~
03-04-2007, 02:51 AM
I think he got injured or sick or something...and not sure what happened after that..

Peacemaster
03-04-2007, 04:07 AM
He's into Jazz Drumming now... :)

http://www.reidjazz.com/

shotgun
03-04-2007, 04:32 AM
According to some posters in the SteveG forum, he got injured in mid-2005, but instead of recovering he decided to start living the high life and then just didn't have enough discipline to come back.

I have no idea if he quit tennis or if he still is trying to mount a comeback.

:lol: I remember in January 2004 when he pulled back-to-back QF in the Australian summer warm-ups and made third round at the AO as a wildcard. Imagine the hype Guccione received earlier this year, only at least two times bigger.

Ferrero Forever
03-04-2007, 07:53 AM
Australian 'up and coming' players. Guccione will never get there. He's pulled off some really big wins, but thats it. All he can do is serve. Luzcak, not a hope in hell. Same with Healey. Reid was exactly the same. Even on the womens side, that Sophie Ferguson woman ain't great, and Casey Dellacqua, lets not go there!!! Australia's been able to produce players below the top 100, but these guys can do well in Australian tournaments, but nowhere else. Australian Tennis needs help, bad!

Sean.J.S.
03-04-2007, 07:55 AM
Hopefully this Bernard Tomic is as good as people make him out to be. :)

Ferrero Forever
03-04-2007, 08:23 AM
Doubt it. I'll believe that we have a good player other than Hewitt once somebody cracks the top 50.

Jim Jones
03-04-2007, 02:55 PM
He's into Jazz Drumming now... :)

http://www.reidjazz.com/

That must be another Todd Reid. I saw a picture of the tennis palyer and the chap in your link does not look like him. You must have goolged up 'Todd Reid' and came across this site thinking it was the tennis player.

jole
03-04-2007, 03:15 PM
I remember seeing Todd at the 2004 Miami tournament where he had a nice little run and was puking on the court in the process. :p

Peacemaster
03-04-2007, 03:27 PM
That must be another Todd Reid. I saw a picture of the tennis palyer and the chap in your link does not look like him. You must have goolged up 'Todd Reid' and came across this site thinking it was the tennis player.

It was meant as a joke. :)

Auscon
03-04-2007, 09:52 PM
I seem to remember him getting sick a couple of years back, never really came back from it

First time I saw him play was his DC debut where he got spanked by El Aarej, who at the time I think was on the wrong side of 500+ in the rankings at that point. Todd was just inside the top 100. That was about it for him...

shotgun
03-04-2007, 10:00 PM
I remember seeing Todd at the 2004 Miami tournament where he had a nice little run and was puking on the court in the process. :p

Yep, his fitness was poor. He also threw up during his match against Sargsian in Melbourne 2004 and I remember he carried a bit of a beer belly as well.

Ali G
03-05-2007, 05:01 AM
basically he didn't develop the way he needed to from juniors to big time tennis. when he was still in juniors all i heard about him was how big of a serve he had, i think it was around 180km/h. decent for a junior back then (not sure about nowadays), but he never developed it into a big weapon. also his biggest weapon was his fitness which over his period as a pro he let decline.

he did look like a decent prospect, certainly a top 100 prospect but he just let his fitness go and also didn't develop weapons like most players do once they get older.

lau
03-05-2007, 05:14 AM
Hopefully this Bernard Tomic is as good as people make him out to be. :)

That would be a better Federer, right? :p

(j/k) ;)

Sean.J.S.
03-05-2007, 08:48 AM
Nobody is better than Federer. :worship:

~EMiLiTA~
03-05-2007, 11:02 AM
Yep, his fitness was poor. He also threw up during his match against Sargsian in Melbourne 2004 and I remember he carried a bit of a beer belly as well.

yes that was gross, i remember that.

i last saw him play when he came to the Hopman Cup as an alternate for the Australian Team in 2005 i think it was..

JMG
03-05-2007, 01:07 PM
According to his profile, his last match was in USA F9 qualifying in 2006. He got defaulted at 26 25 against the unranked Richard Borwn from Trinidad.