Federer Wins Dubai Over Youzhny 6-4 6-3 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Federer Wins Dubai Over Youzhny 6-4 6-3

Hip-And-Happenin
03-03-2007, 04:35 PM
Misha :sad: :sad: :hug: Fantastic tournament though, and a nice fight in the end, saving [EDIT] 6 match points. :p
Congratulations Federer. ;) Too good. :worship: Very patchy in the earlier rounds, but really stepped it up when he needed to. :yeah:

Tom Paulman
03-03-2007, 04:36 PM
Such an unexpected win.

mickymouse
03-03-2007, 04:37 PM
Youzhny saved 14/18 bps.......

gusman890
03-03-2007, 04:38 PM
41st straight win :)

go federer.

besides, now thats 4 titles in the last 5 years or something like that?

cmurray
Such an unexpected win.

Yep. Shocking. :rolleyes:

Gotta hand it to Fed though - just when you think he can't get any better......

Leo
I watched from Misha serving at 1-4, 15-40 in the 2nd set and he fought so well! Played some great shots to at least hold serve two more times and save a few match points along the way. I love the way he loosens up and smiles/plays with the crowd when he's losing in matches like this (and vs. Fed at AO and Roddick at USO). And it allows him to swing away and hit some beautiful winners.

PlayOnClay
Roger :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Naranoc
03-03-2007, 04:39 PM
6 match points I think it was.
Props to Youzhny :yeah: - managed to break Federer twice in the first set, and give it his best shot (which admittedly, is all he could do, considering his h2h with Federer, and that he must've came into this match absolutely knackered)
The winning streak for Federer continues.

Voo de Mar
03-03-2007, 04:39 PM
Why Rogi is so egoistic? He has been winning for a couple months all tournaments where he starting. :shrug: ;)

njtennis11
03-03-2007, 04:40 PM
It was 6 match points, Federer won on it on his 7th try.

Apemant
03-03-2007, 04:41 PM
Yep. Shocking. :rolleyes:

Gotta hand it to Fed though - just when you think he can't get any better......

Precisely... and Youzhny did seem like he doesn't believe he could actually WIN this; but it's understandable. Whenever he'd do something great, next point Fed would do something even better; so you always have this feeling 'even if I do my absolute best, it still might not be enough...' and that sort of thinking doesn't help your game.

But, props to him for saving a great amount of BPs, no less than 6 MPs, one even on Fed's own serve.

As for Fed... no comment, hehe :rolleyes: :angel: :worship:

Hip-And-Happenin
03-03-2007, 04:42 PM
Can't wait to see this match on Eurosport later. Sounds like a pretty good match.

Adler
Such an unexpected win.
:) , but one can't deny that Misha did a great job today. This forehand drive-volley was :worship: Great tournament for both

Clara Bow
Congrats to Federer for the win.

And congrats to Misha to a great two straight weeks of tennis.

I hope he gained some fans today by his incredible fight even in a losing effort. His fight in the next to the last game was awesome.

Bremen
41 straight wins!
12-0 in 2007!!!!!

Björki
what a surprising result :eek:
Congrats Roger.

cmurray
03-03-2007, 04:44 PM
You know what I just realized? Misha looks like Guga 'cept with a buzz cut.

I've been trying to figure out who he reminded me of.....

Naide
03-03-2007, 04:44 PM
:worship: The king :worship:

bokehlicious
03-03-2007, 04:45 PM
Nice effort at the office Roger :)

scoobs
03-03-2007, 04:48 PM
Good day, good match, well done to Youzhny who played a good match and great resistance at the end.

Almost as usual, Roger's best play came on the final day and it was an entertaining performance.

Now, roll on Indian Wells.

TennisGrandSlam
03-03-2007, 04:50 PM
41 straight wins!
12-0 in 2007!!!!!

Vilas' ATP official streak winning record is 46

(i. e. Somebody says Borg' 49 is the longest)

aulus
03-03-2007, 04:50 PM
if youzhny had served well, he could have won. but he missed so many 1st serves in the 2nd set. he fought very well. he was blasting the ball to the lines the whole match. he probably would have beaten any other player today.
youzhny should be proud of his showing. :yeah:

federated
03-03-2007, 04:51 PM
I really want Misha to make the top 10. He's completely won me over since that win over rafa at the us open last year.

Misha, you no longer look like a nazi frankenstein to me. Be my valentine.

Or Levy
Can't wait to see this match on Eurosport later. Sounds like a pretty good match.

I gotta say, I feel very idiotic. I thought the match would be live on Eurosport (though I should have realized it makes no sense, given the hour!), I could have watched through the live-stream and now I log on and see that it took place already... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh well, it wasn't like the result was unexpected, or something :)

Well done Rogi! I'll enjoy watching this on the big screen later!

CooCooCachoo
Roger :hatoff: After that bad start of the tourney.

Misha :hug:

CooCooCachoo
03-03-2007, 04:52 PM
I really want Misha to make the top 10. He's completely won me over since that win over rafa at the us open last year.

Misha, you no longer look like a nazi frankenstein to me. Be my valentine.

He's got the talent and the game. That has been clear for years. It's just injuries that trouble him.

TennisGrandSlam
03-03-2007, 04:52 PM
47th ATP singles titles :smoke:

gusman890
03-03-2007, 04:54 PM
Wouldnt it be ironic that if Federer Breaks Vila's record, he goes for his *old* record of the clay wins? ;) That might give him something to shoot for to break Nadal's Streak.

Xristos
03-03-2007, 04:54 PM
Fed your amazing!

~Marija~
03-03-2007, 04:56 PM
Great match!

Congratulations Roger!
:worship: :worship: :worship:

Shabazza
03-03-2007, 05:01 PM
Congrats to Federer for the win.

And congrats to Misha to a great two straight weeks of tennis.

I hope he gained some fans today by his incredible fight even in a losing effort. His fight in the next to the last game was awesome.

He certainly got a few spots higher on my favorite list. I was so rooting for him to win his last service game, even if my fave is Federer. That says a lot. ;)
Great match. Youzhny can be proud about his performance the last few weeks. Great fight. Hope to see him doing well at IW.
As for Federer, what can you say - he just has an answer to everything atm. :worship:

kobulingam
03-03-2007, 05:02 PM
if youzhny had served well, he could have won. but he missed so many 1st serves in the 2nd set. he fought very well. he was blasting the ball to the lines the whole match. he probably would have beaten any other player today.
youzhny should be proud of his showing. :yeah:

What don't people like you understand? Errors go up against Federer because you have to serve harder and hit harder otherwise Roger will eat you up. Had Youzhy served more conservatively and went for the lines less he would have been beaten more easily.

Bremen
03-03-2007, 05:04 PM
Youzhny had a pretty funny speech. He's like "I won more games this year than last...maybe next year I can finally beat him!" What did he say in Russian by the way?

yana
03-03-2007, 05:06 PM
Congrats to Fed again and again and again..... :p

aulus
03-03-2007, 05:08 PM
What don't people like you understand? Errors go up against Federer because you have to serve harder and hit harder otherwise Roger will eat you up. Had Youzhy served more conservatively and went for the lines less he would have been beaten more easily.

i know, but youzhny served better in his previous matches, and i don't think his serving dropped mostly because of federer.
federer didn't serve particularly well, either, and it wasn't because of youzhny.

kobulingam
03-03-2007, 05:11 PM
i know, but youzhny served better in his previous matches, and i don't think his serving dropped mostly because of federer.
federer didn't serve particularly well, either, and it wasn't because of youzhny.

The very fact that Federer is close to the baseline when returning Youzhny's first serves and dances inside baseline to return 2nd serves will cause Youzhny to be more tense when serving.

It's much easier to serve better when you see your opponent near Dubai.

RonE
03-03-2007, 05:15 PM
Roger :D

Commisserations to Misha great showing :hug:

Roger retains the title he lost last year to Nadal. And he does it by beating the two inform players who were tournament winners the week before. Well done :yeah:

muniu
03-03-2007, 05:15 PM
MIsha :worship: great fight , proud of you :hug:
Gl in IW :bounce:
Roger just :worship:

NYCtennisfan
03-03-2007, 05:17 PM
Federer keeps getting better and better and betterer.

Johnny Groove
03-03-2007, 05:18 PM
"Too good, Roger"

Jogy
03-03-2007, 05:19 PM
Damn, the most boring player of tennis wins another tournament! :sad:
:banghead:

I hope his winning end soon that tennis become better again!

Clara Bow
03-03-2007, 05:21 PM
It's much easier to serve better when you see your opponent near Dubai.

But Robin wasn't standing way back.

I don't think it is taking anything away from Roger, his talent or his win to think that Misha was not serving as well today. Yes- his opponent was a factor- but not the only factor. It is not an excuse. But sometimes player have things that a are a bit off- even outside of the fact that they are playing a fantastic opponent.

Misha's speech was cute. Roger always thanks the players in the audience (he mentioned Borg). Cute as well.

aulus
03-03-2007, 05:24 PM

not gonna happen.....
:p

MrJ
03-03-2007, 05:26 PM

Come back in 3 or 4 years mate!! :wavey:

guga2120
03-03-2007, 05:26 PM
Such an unexpected win.
nice that Federer could win for a change.

NYCtennisfan
03-03-2007, 05:27 PM
But Robin wasn't standing way back.

I don't think it is taking anything away from Roger, his talent or his win to think that Misha was not serving as well today. Yes- his opponent was a factor- but not the only factor. It is not an excuse. But sometimes player have things that a are a bit off- even outside of the fact that they are playing a fantastic opponent.

Misha's speech was cute. Roger always thanks the players in the audience (he mentioned Borg). Cute as well.

Misha's serve a bit off today, but even when he got his 1st serve in, he only won about 60% of the points which is very different from his previous matches. In his previous matches, he dominated the 1st serve points. He won 77% against Nadal and 91% against Soderling because he was either serving up 1-2 combos or taking control of the rally early. No such chance against Federer. In short, as well as Misha has played, there was nothing he could do to win today unless Federer played badly.

Vass
03-03-2007, 05:28 PM
*sigh*
Misha got too nervous. That's just too bad. I dunno if he could have won this one, but he could have made it closer, that's for sure.
Poor guy's serve speed decreased by 15-18 kph compared to previous matches (his average first serve speed was, as it seemed, no less than 192).
The good thing is that i think this will give confidence to him. He'll know that he lost this easily only because of nerves. Hopefully they'll decrease next time (after all, he beat Nadal, with that victory requiring steel nerves too).

Federer didn't play well at all actually. But he still always wins. Kudos.

Jogy
03-03-2007, 05:30 PM
Come back in 3 or 4 years mate!! :wavey:
don't worry, luck is more quickly over as you think

nobama
03-03-2007, 05:32 PM
No biting of the trophy this year. :lol:

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070303/capt.xkj10403031721.emirates_dubai_tennis_champion ship_xkj104.jpg

nobama
03-03-2007, 05:33 PM
*sigh*
Misha got too nervous. That's just too bad. I dunno if he could have won this one, but he could have made it closer, that's for sure.
Poor guy's serve speed decreased by 15-18 kph compared to previous matches (his average first serve speed was, as it seemed, no less than 192).
The good thing is that i think this will give confidence to him. He'll know that he lost this easily only because of nerves. Hopefully they'll decrease next time (after all, he beat Nadal, with that victory requiring steel nerves too).

Federer didn't play well at all actually. But he still always wins. Kudos.Believe that if you want to. ;)

*Viva Chile*
03-03-2007, 05:34 PM
I'm a bit offtopic, but why two of the three finals this week had to be played on saturday and the last one (Vegas) in Sunday :retard: considering IW starts next sunday 10th... I don't understand anything.

Marek.
03-03-2007, 05:36 PM
I'm a bit offtopic, but why two of the three finals this week had to be played on saturday and the last one (Vegas) in Sunday :retard: considering IW starts next sunday 10th... I don't understand anything.

I think it might have to do with the distance these events are from Indian Wells and the time change. I don't think there's any time change from Las Vegas to Indian Wells and the flight is short.

nobama
03-03-2007, 05:37 PM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/e0/fullj.getty-tennis-atp-dubai-federer_12_27_57_pm.jpg

G4.
don't worry, luck is more quickly over as you think

47 titles : 10 slams

haha thanks for the laugh

Marek.
Oh and good job Roger but also good fight from Youzhny in the end, really made Fed earn it.

Kristine_cy
03-03-2007, 05:38 PM
:hatoff: to Roger! Another tournament win.

I kinda like the trophy too. ;)

Clara Bow
03-03-2007, 05:39 PM
I think it might have to do with the distance these events are from Indian Wells and the time change. I don't think there's any time change from Las Vegas to Indian Wells and the flight is short.

And could the qualies play a factor too since it is a higher level tournament and there are a large number of higher qualitey players who did not make the automatic cut?

jazar
03-03-2007, 05:51 PM
so easy for roger. its march and he is still unbeaten

UncleZeke
03-03-2007, 05:55 PM
Fed the machine.

Jim Courier
03-03-2007, 06:01 PM
And the winner is...

Federer

DrJules
03-03-2007, 06:08 PM
Misha's serve a bit off today, but even when he got his 1st serve in, he only won about 60% of the points which is very different from his previous matches. In his previous matches, he dominated the 1st serve points. He won 77% against Nadal and 91% against Soderling because he was either serving up 1-2 combos or taking control of the rally early. No such chance against Federer. In short, as well as Misha has played, there was nothing he could do to win today unless Federer played badly.

Federer is possibly the best returner of the 1st serve in mens tennis. Nadal and Soderling do not impress me with their first serve returns.

tcorinna
03-03-2007, 06:12 PM
CONGRATS ROGER:worship: , I WILL CELEBRATE TONIGHT:aparty: :aparty: :aparty: :aparty:

Also congats to youzhny for such a great match ... he proved, from my point of view that he deserves a place in the first 10 :)

aulus
03-03-2007, 06:14 PM
Federer is possibly the best returner of the 1st serve in mens tennis. Nadal and Soderling do not impress me with their first serve returns.

probably 1 of the greatest returners of 1st serve in history. his ability to neutralize big serves is stunning.

sawan66278
03-03-2007, 06:16 PM
Impressive win from Roger...what can you say? The man is on a role the likes of which we have NEVER seen before. True, his tennis is superlative...but the one thing he has right now that allows him to play at the level he plays....and presses those he plays to go for more (or to miss) is what I call: "the aura".

Players feel they CANNOT beat him...they go out on the court believing the cannot win, and so, they don't. They believe that while they may be able to stick with Roger, when push comes to shove: its not going to be their day. Rafa, on the other hand, has lost "the aura". Players feel that if they can stay with Rafa, they can pull out the match. Rafa has to earn every point with his play, whereas Roger wins at least a few points (even games) on his reputation alone.

By the way: is it just me or are the trophies from Dubai the most beautiful given on the ATP tour?

ChinoRios4Ever
03-03-2007, 06:19 PM
over and over and over.... and over again...

EXPECTED WIN BY FED!!!!!! you rock swiss genius :worship:

Bremen
03-03-2007, 06:25 PM
Impressive win from Roger...what can you say? The man is on a role the likes of which we have NEVER seen before. True, his tennis is superlative...but the one thing he has right now that allows him to play at the level he plays....and presses those he plays to go for more (or to miss) is what I call: "the aura".

Players feel they CANNOT beat him...they go out on the court believing the cannot win, and so, they don't. They believe that while they may be able to stick with Roger, when push comes to shove: its not going to be their day. Rafa, on the other hand, has lost "the aura". Players feel that if they can stay with Rafa, they can pull out the match. Rafa has to earn every point with his play, whereas Roger wins at least a few points (even games) on his reputation alone.

By the way: is it just me or are the trophies from Dubai the most beautiful given on the ATP tour?

They are very nice looking trophies...yes.

To me it seems that when you say Fed wins because of his aura that's a disservice to his abilities. He wins tennis matches because he's a good player.

Sjengster
03-03-2007, 06:26 PM
This is actually the first time Federer will go to IW without a loss for the year so far; in 04 it was Rotterdam, 05 the AO, and last year the final here. Also surprising to note that of all the 40+ match winning streaks, only his and Vilas' contain a Grand Slam title among them.

Bremen
03-03-2007, 06:27 PM
This is actually the first time Federer will go to IW without a loss for the year so far; in 04 it was Rotterdam, 05 the AO, and last year the final here. Also surprising to note that of all the 40+ match winning streaks, only his and Vilas' contain a Grand Slam title among them.

Federer's win streak contains 2! Currently...:)

Sjengster
03-03-2007, 06:28 PM
They are very nice looking trophies...yes.

To me it seems that when you say Fed wins because of his aura that's a disservice to his abilities. He wins tennis matches because he's a good player.

In fairness sawan has more of a point here than he usually does when he tries to discredit Federer's victories; every great player has had that aura at the height of their powers that gives them those free points and sometimes games as well, Federer is hardly unique in that respect. The important thing is that the aura is not a sham, he has the ability to back it up on the court and did so enough times tonight.

Sjengster
03-03-2007, 06:29 PM
Federer's win streak contains 2! Currently...:)

I'll eat my hat as a prelude to dancing on the table if he makes it 3. ;)

Bremen
03-03-2007, 06:33 PM
I'll eat my hat as a prelude to dancing on the table if he makes it 3. ;)

Likewise.

freeandlonely
03-03-2007, 06:33 PM

Why is Federer boring?:confused:

Bremen
03-03-2007, 06:34 PM
In fairness sawan has more of a point here than he usually does when he tries to discredit Federer's victories; every great player has had that aura at the height of their powers that gives them those free points and sometimes games as well, Federer is hardly unique in that respect. The important thing is that the aura is not a sham, he has the ability to back it up on the court and did so enough times tonight.

Well I just don't think the aura is as big a deal as some make it out to be.

FluffyYellowBall
03-03-2007, 06:38 PM
mikhail!!! :'( Expected win but hes gained so many fans including me especially after beating nadal. So much respect for both guys and his speech was just......WOOOOHOOO! Brought tears to my eyes...

But.... what did federer say about nadal at the end? i think he was talking about him. He said something like i still have so much respect for him and stuff. Who was he talking about/?

Corey Feldman
03-03-2007, 06:43 PM
So that was another obvious, expected, boring, lucky, typical, because of his aura, predictable ... win.

i missed it to sit in the pouring rain for 2 hours and watch my team lose 0-2.
:lol:

Dexter_1986
03-03-2007, 06:52 PM
Well done Roger. :worship: Undefeated in 2007. :cool:

Great week for Misza, as well! :yeah:

aulus
03-03-2007, 06:54 PM
mikhail!!! :'( Expected win but hes gained so many fans including me especially after beating nadal. So much respect for both guys and his speech was just......WOOOOHOOO! Brought tears to my eyes...

But.... what did federer say about nadal at the end? i think he was talking about him. He said something like i still have so much respect for him and stuff. Who was he talking about/?

i think he was talking about borg, who attended the match.

tennischick
03-03-2007, 07:00 PM
my king continues to rule. long may his reign last. :worship:

FedFan_2007
03-03-2007, 07:01 PM
Well done Roger. :worship: Undefeated in 2007. :cool:

Great week for Misza, as well! :yeah:

Also undefeated(35-0) since Tiger agreed to attend the US Open final. Talk about pressure to perform! Even Tiger has lost several times since 9/10/06. Does this definitely prove that Fed is the greatest athelete currently?

FedFan_2007
03-03-2007, 07:02 PM
my king continues to rule. long may his reign last. :worship:

It really sticks in the craw of the Fed-haters. They know his reign at #1 will last another 161 weeks and it's driving them bat-shit crazy. :eek: :eek: :devil:

Roger... I salute you. :worship: :worship: :worship:

Denise
03-03-2007, 07:07 PM
Fed :ras: once again!
till when??
but he is the best one so what can we do?

FedFan_2007
03-03-2007, 07:09 PM
till when??

Do you have a problem with Emperor Federer? Bow down ye knave!

Mistaflava
03-03-2007, 07:11 PM
Federer is so boring...someone get rid of this idiot already

dorkino
So Once again, Federer is proving he's the one on top. It's very obvious Roger's experience now has reached the peak and is playing a major factor in his winnings.Congrats man.
It's true his forehand winners were greater in number but the way he used his backhand shots today was just :hearts: :hearts:

Youzhny played fantastic as well but as usual losing a first set withdraws a big portion of most players'enthusiasm. Especially against Fed who doesn't leave much chance for them to go back.

Now, he needs some rest and guess he'll have a happy season.

Edit: Fed didn't speak about Rafa. He just said he's proud Borg is watching him. And he said Borg 's the one who made the toss last year in his final against Rafa. But said (that toss didn't bring him too much luck :devil: ) Guess he's trying to tell it in a funny way perhaps.No one laughed about it any way. ;)

Allez
OMG I'm shocked! Well done Rogi. You keep surprising me :eek: :eek: :eek: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Jade Fox
Congrats to Roger! Saving the best for last I see.;)

I do like the Dubai trophies. I always get the urge to fly over there and steal one for myself:p.

MarieS
03-03-2007, 07:13 PM
OMG I'm shocked! Well done Rogi. You keep surprising me :eek: :eek: :eek: :worship: :worship: :worship:

:cuckoo: :o

dorkino
03-03-2007, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by guga 2120
It's nice that Federer could win for a change
:lol: Yep. And what a change it is !!!

R.Federer
03-03-2007, 07:42 PM
One reason (among many) that I like to see Youzhny win is the comrade salute. Cracks me up each time.

nobama
03-03-2007, 07:46 PM
OMG I'm shocked! Well done Rogi. You keep surprising me :eek: :eek: :eek: :worship: :worship: :worship::confused:

atheneglaukopis
03-03-2007, 07:53 PM
I'll eat my hat as a prelude to dancing on the table if he makes it 3. ;)I'll hold you to that. ;)

SLICK
03-03-2007, 07:58 PM
Match report with press conference quotes from Federer and Youzhny

http://www.inside-tennis.net/index.php?action=news&id=2491

the answer
03-03-2007, 07:59 PM

:rolleyes: you really need to stop doing this...it's starting to get very annoying.

RonE
03-03-2007, 08:03 PM

Oh knock it off. :rolleyes:

I am not one to take wins of any sort for granted and yes Federer had his hands full and was forced to come up with his best tennis in various stages of the match to overcome Youzhny.

BUT, to seriously say you are "oh so shocked" is a bit ridiculous. It's not as if Roger was the underdog in this match even if it wasn't a gimme.

EDIT: And the poster above me is dead on right this habit of yours to downplay Roger's chances and then be all shocked and surprised when he wins is becoming rather irritating.

GonzoFed
03-03-2007, 08:12 PM

At first i thought that the Arse Clown championship was going to be boring, since in my mind there was a clear favourite to win it. Now after reading this I think otherwise. It would be different if you wrote this crap to annoy people, but you seem to really believe the shit you post. The ACC is going to be a blast. Too much natural talent here.

RonE
03-03-2007, 08:16 PM
At first i thought that the Arse Clown championship was going to be boring, since in my mind there was a clear favourite to win it. Now after reading this I think otherwise. It would be different if you wrote this crap to annoy people, but you seem to really believe the shit you post. The ACC is going to be a blast. Too much natural talent here.

As I said in another thread it's a good thing GWH increased the draw size to 256 players this year. They just keep coming out of the woodworks :lol:

GonzoFed
03-03-2007, 08:16 PM
I forgot about the most important thing: Congratulations Roger. Keep it up.

Allez
03-03-2007, 08:27 PM
Mh... I see some of you have nothing better to bitch about :rolleyes: Grow up :o

LinkMage
03-03-2007, 09:02 PM
Does anyone know what is the record for consecutive titles won?

Fed has now won 7 straight titles: US Open, Tokyo, AMS Madrid, Basel, TMC Shanghai, Australian Open and Dubai.

cmurray
03-03-2007, 09:18 PM
If you all don't mind me interjecting...

when IS the official arseclown contest held each year?

Sjengster
03-03-2007, 09:22 PM
Does anyone know what is the record for consecutive titles won?

Fed has now won 7 straight titles: US Open, Tokyo, AMS Madrid, Basel, TMC Shanghai, Australian Open and Dubai.

It was mentioned in NYCtennisfan's thread about winning streaks, 8 in a row by Lendl from 81-82 (and very nearly 9 in a row).

dylan24
03-03-2007, 09:26 PM
no surprise.
just another win on roger's undfeated 2007 year
he aint losing to nobody this year in matches that count

DrJules
03-03-2007, 09:35 PM

till when??

Federer is so boring...someone get rid of this idiot already

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think we can safely say they are not Federer fans.

Johnny Groove
03-03-2007, 09:40 PM
As I said in another thread it's a good thing GWH increased the draw size to 256 players this year. They just keep coming out of the woodworks :lol:

i'm determined to get a high seed :armed:

If you all don't mind me interjecting...

when IS the official arseclown contest held each year?

the week after the USO :)

RonE
03-03-2007, 09:50 PM
i'm determined to get a high seed :armed:

I dunno bro, you're up against some serious competition here :unsure:

cmurray
03-03-2007, 09:57 PM

Yeah, Jonathon...it just doesn't look good for this year.

Johnny Groove
03-03-2007, 09:59 PM

Yeah, Jonathan...it just doesn't look good for this year.

please people. the clay season is right around the corner. :)

muniu
03-03-2007, 10:27 PM
Can someone tell me smth about MIsha's speech.?? :wavey:

Howard
03-03-2007, 10:33 PM
I often wonder if Fed’s opponents play at a lower level just because they’re facing a living legend, or because of the pressure he puts on them with his game and mental strength.

Bremen
03-03-2007, 10:40 PM
Can someone tell me smth about MIsha's speech.?? :wavey:

Well he said something about winning more games this match over last year's match and that he hoped next year he could maybe win the whole thing.

He also spoke in Russian to his large fanbase.

sawan66278
03-03-2007, 10:46 PM
Sjeng...thanks for the "kind comments" about my point;) ...Actually, if you talk to the top players, confidence is what separates champions from chumps. Now, obviously, without the aura/mojo, Roger is a legend...but with the aura...well, you do the math...

nobama
03-03-2007, 10:46 PM
Fed said in his press conference that Misha didn't get the respect he deserved at the Australian Open and now people are talking about how great he is, but he was great then too. Also said he thinks Misha can be top 10 soon. :yeah:

Andre'sNo1Fan
03-03-2007, 10:48 PM
The machine won again :lol:

R.Federer
03-03-2007, 10:53 PM
^ What to do, if the other chumps are not either making an effort or not good enough to either get to the final or get to the final but not challenge him? Then, machine wins :shrug:

Hip-And-Happenin
03-03-2007, 11:08 PM
Didn't Misha win less games this year? :tape: Wasn't it 3 + 5 last year?

Eden
03-03-2007, 11:09 PM
Congratulations to both players :hatoff: Mischa had a great run in the last weeks and gave everything in the final, but what can you do when you have to face Roger? This player is simply unique :worship:

Nice trophy ceremony by the way together with the winner and runner-up of the doubles tournament. Lovely speeches of Roger and Mischa :)

wcr
03-03-2007, 11:11 PM
You know what I just realized? Misha looks like Guga 'cept with a buzz cut.

I've been trying to figure out who he reminded me of.....

Guga is a good one. Try Justin Timberlake only Misha is better looking. Love his smile. Love his game.

Bremen
03-03-2007, 11:20 PM

Last year it was 6-2 6-3

In 2005 it was 6-3 7-5

leng jai
03-03-2007, 11:20 PM
I love it how this guy just beats the two hottest players on tour right now in straight sets. I give up.

Sjengster
03-03-2007, 11:25 PM

No, it was 2 and 3 last year; it was 3 and 5 the year before, in the quarters. But Youzhny has to look at it this way: he's lost to Federer in the quarters in 2005, the semis in 2006, the final in 2007, the only step forward is to win the title against him next year. This isn't the only tournament where he's faced Federer three years in a row either, he played him in Halle from 02-04 (and was 3 points away from beating him in the semis in 2003, let me add). They just happen to be Federer's best two optional events.

t0x
03-03-2007, 11:26 PM
GODDAMN WORK!!!!

(Pissed, 'cause I didn't get to see the match. Fed v Misha is always going to be entertaining...)

Rogiman
03-03-2007, 11:37 PM
please people. the clay season is right around the corner. :)
Dude, the problem with you is that you're a sensible guy, and it's too evident you're not being serious about your mild Federer insults.

How in the world are you going to compete with guys like Tool23, Sondraj, Andre's no.1 tool and rafa'swhoreno.1 who actually take themselves seriously, as dreadful as that might sound?

BTW, I see an all-rafatard SF between these 4 at this year's ACC.

kobulingam
03-03-2007, 11:40 PM
But Youzhny has to look at it this way: he's lost to Federer in the quarters in 2005, the semis in 2006, the final in 2007, the only step forward is to win the title against him next year.

All this means is the draw has been different the last three years, thus making Youzhny lose to Federer at different points in the tournament.
:D

Bremen
03-03-2007, 11:43 PM
Dude, the problem with you is that you're a sensible guy, and it's too evident you're not being serious about your mild Federer insults.

How in the world are you going to compete with guys like Tool23, Sondraj, Andre's no.1 tool and rafa'swhoreno.1 who actually take themselves seriously, as dreadful as that might sound?

I totally agree...blaze you aren't in the same class as those four gems...and you should take that as a compliment!

sondraj06
03-03-2007, 11:44 PM

I'M glad to know I'm always on your mind. Not only are you in love with rafa but your in love with me too. It's flattering to know I can entrance a complete stranger over the internet.

I think to truly show your appreciation for me you should write me a song, then I might consider you in the running for my affections.

Andre'sNo1Fan
03-03-2007, 11:46 PM

Very rich coming from someone who spends time on an avatar like that. You're one of the biggest fools around.

Rogiman
03-03-2007, 11:49 PM
Very rich coming from someone who spends time on an avatar like that. You're one of the biggest fools around.If you weren't a complete tool you'd know an avatar like this is a matter of 30 seconds.

Too much time spent with your head in Nadal's ass I say.

Andre'sNo1Fan
03-03-2007, 11:57 PM
If you weren't a complete tool you'd know an avatar like this is a matter of 30 seconds.

Too much time spent with your head in Nadal's ass I say.
Yeah what I mean is the fact u spend anytime at all, and have an avatar like that shows what a clown you are. Carry on spending your whole life (prob with RonE) thinking about Rafa.

Rogiman
03-03-2007, 11:59 PM
Yeah what I mean is the fact u spend anytime at all, and have an avatar like that shows what a clown you are. Carry on spending your whole life (prob with RonE) thinking about Rafa.
Don't worry, it'll die down eventually, since he's becoming less and less of an issue.

Andre'sNo1Fan
03-04-2007, 12:05 AM
Don't worry, it'll die down eventually, since he's becoming less and less of an issue.
Which proves my point, that you dislike him only because he beats Federer. Kinda sad.

Art&Soul
03-04-2007, 01:14 AM
Congrats ROGI :bounce: :hearts: :bounce: You can be unbeatable this year, hehe :) Misha :hug:

Kolya
03-04-2007, 02:10 AM
Bad luck Misha...

Lleyton159
03-04-2007, 02:55 AM
Nice tournamet Misha!!

Merton
03-04-2007, 04:27 AM
Roger raised his level in the semis and final, it is amazing that he can do that on order repeatedly, even lacking match practice. Youzhny had an excellent tournament, he may break into the top-10 if he shows this form during the coming masters series tournaments.

RonE
03-04-2007, 11:20 AM

If it comes down to that my money is on Sondra and Andre's#1Twat making the final. As to which one wins between them is anyone's guess...

oz_boz
03-04-2007, 12:07 PM
Truly amazing. Haas and Youzhny were on a roll but it doesn't seem to get to Roger who takes down both in straights by just raising his level when he needs.

He got his tiebreak streak broken but has added another two impressive ones: 41 matches and 7 tournaments, including two slams. Sick.

Johnny Groove
03-04-2007, 06:43 PM
I totally agree...blaze you aren't in the same class as those four gems...and you should take that as a compliment!

If it comes down to that my money is on Sondra and Andre's#1Twat making the final. As to which one wins between them is anyone's guess...

i dunno. last year, hawkman made some noise in the summer for about a month, then mysteriously disappeared. he even got a seed too, 23ish i think. i feel more like the davydenko of the ACC :tape:

Corey Feldman
03-04-2007, 06:53 PM
Hawkman KO'D me :awww:

Apemant
03-04-2007, 07:37 PM
Hawkman KO'D me :awww:

Umm, how does one get seeding? And who won last year's contest? :devil:

Byrd
03-04-2007, 08:07 PM
Haha Jogy was the 'iron man' of last years contest, coming back from 2 sets down in 3 straight matches lol

Johnny Groove
03-04-2007, 08:15 PM

in order to get a seeding, one must show constant and high quality ass clown behavior, which includes, but is not limited to: misspellings, BS arguments, lack of morale, going off-topic, fanboy/girlism, bandwagoning, personal insults, etc.

RonE
03-04-2007, 08:32 PM

To answer the second part of your question I believe it was TimSmyczekFan f.k.a KarolBeckFan.

megadeth
03-04-2007, 11:06 PM
Vilas' ATP official streak winning record is 46

(i. e. Somebody says Borg' 49 is the longest)

he can tie that record by winning IW, then go for the breaker in Miami... :)

Apemant
03-04-2007, 11:15 PM
in order to get a seeding, one must show constant and high quality ass clown behavior, which includes, but is not limited to: misspellings, BS arguments, lack of morale, going off-topic, fanboy/girlism, bandwagoning, personal insults, etc.

But who decides who gets a seeding?

aulus
03-04-2007, 11:38 PM

then sondraj06 seems to already have it in the bag.

scarecrows
03-04-2007, 11:40 PM
rafagirlno1 will be the seed with the smaller amount of posts and that is quite an achievement

Federerhingis
03-05-2007, 01:09 AM
It really sticks in the craw of the Fed-haters. They know his reign at #1 will last another 161 weeks and it's driving them bat-shit crazy. :eek: :eek: :devil:

Roger... I salute you. :worship: :worship: :worship:

It's not a sure thing just yet. Maybe another 80 or so perhaps 100. Nadal is bound to find his form and he'l continue to defend his clay results. Fed also has so much too defend all the time that he's bound to not be able to defend all his points and titles.

Nonetheless, I would certainly not get mad if he did. ;)

atheneglaukopis
03-05-2007, 01:48 AM
It's not a sure thing just yet. Maybe another 80 or so perhaps 100. Nadal is bound to find his form and he'l continue to defend his clay results. Fed also has so much too defend all the time that he's bound to not be able to defend all his points and titles.

Nonetheless, I would certainly not get mad if he did. ;)He doesn't have to; he finished last year so far ahead of Nadal that he could have replaced his 3 GS wins and his final with 0, and he would still have been number one. That said, will he stop defending enough of them that he slips out of first place some time in the next three years? Probably, though I will likewise be thrilled if he doesn't.

Beat
03-05-2007, 10:59 AM
roger :worship: 47 titles already, that's simply amazing :)

thesupreme
03-05-2007, 11:25 AM
I missed this match because of the TV schedule....does anyone have the link so that I can watch any of it over the net? Streaming?? (I'm at work right now)...

Eden
03-05-2007, 02:39 PM
Truly amazing. Haas and Youzhny were on a roll but it doesn't seem to get to Roger who takes down both in straights by just raising his level when he needs.

Same happenend with Gonzalez at the AO.

He got his tiebreak streak broken but has added another two impressive ones: 41 matches and 7 tournaments, including two slams. Sick.

It really seems that Roger can add a new record with every match. We are indeed witnessing a player who writes tennis history. I feel privileged :)