Men's Tennis has become Women's Tennis...except for Roger [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Men's Tennis has become Women's Tennis...except for Roger

sawan66278
03-03-2007, 12:25 AM
After seeing Haas go down the way he did today, and Rafa going down yesterday, it seems the men's game is now like the women's game. Many very good to semi-great players (Rafa=Sharapova?)...except for one major difference: Roger Federer is playing.

Rafa would be #1 like Sharapova, but Roger is around. Hence, the domination by Roger. Comments?

Byrd
03-03-2007, 12:27 AM
No there's a difference between them it's called variety.

RickDaStick
03-03-2007, 12:28 AM
After seeing Haas go down the way he did today, and Rafa going down yesterday, it seems the men's game is now like the women's game. Many very good to semi-great players (Rafa=Sharapova?)...except for one major difference: Roger Federer is playing.

Rafa would be #1 like Sharapova, but Roger is around. Hence, the domination by Roger. Comments?

All the top women players are always around towards the end of the tournament, the same cannot be said for the men. In mens tennis most of the top 100 players can put up a good fight vs anyone, the same cannot be said for the women.

scarecrows
03-03-2007, 12:29 AM
put balls instead of Roger and the thread would look 10 times better

Sjengster
03-03-2007, 01:02 AM
I would say the women's game has become very much like what the men's game was back in 2003, in terms of the power structure.... I'm not so sure that vice versa is true.

Kolya
03-03-2007, 07:32 AM
Theres more depth in the men's tennis, you rarely see a woman ranked in the 20's beat a woman in the top 10.

Adler
03-03-2007, 09:56 AM
No

Sean.J.S.
03-03-2007, 10:04 AM
:rolleyes:

DrJules
03-03-2007, 01:12 PM
Theres more depth in the men's tennis, you rarely see a woman ranked in the 20's beat a woman in the top 10.

And how often does the men's number 1 lose to a player lower than 2 in the world.

The depth in women's tennis has significantly improved in the last 20 years and the top 10/20 are possibly all of a similar level.

brent-o
03-04-2007, 05:07 AM
I'd have to say I like the state of the women's tour right now. The women at the top can be counted on for the most part to go deep into tournaments. The cast of players is usually the same at the end of the tournament, building nice rivalries. On the men's side, I don't like the fact that pretty much every tournament includes Federer and (insert anyone in the top 50 or so here) in the final. It's so topsy-turvy and I wish that some players would really step it up and try to be more consistent (I'm not asking for Roger Federer-like consistency but at least reliable). I still find men's matches more entertaining though.