JustmeUK
03-02-2007, 03:42 PM
Finally a Roger in form :)

bokehlicious
03-02-2007, 03:43 PM
Well done champion :)

Apemant
03-02-2007, 03:43 PM
Still was a bit patchy... but that point, last BP of the 3 in a row he saved at 2-3, 2nd set :worship:
Damn, Roger is unique :angel:

Voo de Mar
03-02-2007, 03:44 PM
Expected win by Rogi. Great form of Haas is meaningless when on the opposite side of the net stands Federer.

VampirE
03-02-2007, 03:45 PM
nice to hear

Adler
03-02-2007, 03:45 PM
Expected win by Rogi. Great form of Haas is meaningless when on the opposite side of the net stands Federer.
agree

scarecrows
03-02-2007, 03:46 PM
saw only the end of it

some spectacular points in there
kudos to Haas for coming in Dubai to fight and not to get the appearance money like someone said
he'll be top 5 very soon

Fed in 2 in tomorrow's final

atheneglaukopis
Not surprised. Good win, Roger, and a good fight, Tommy. :)

JustmeUK

yup Tommy played well but at the end of the day when Fed started to toss that patrician head of his after a glorious shot you just knew it wasn't going to be.

Byrd
03-02-2007, 03:47 PM
Both played great, but Fed edges it. Great point from them both at BP 2*-3.

Yappa
03-02-2007, 03:48 PM
Too many missed chances by Haas. 3 bps in a row with the 3rd one being the best rally of the tournament.

Later on another through the legs passing shot, this time by Haas.

The 2nd set had some great rallies, too bad that Haas didn't win at least that one. He even had setpoint, but Federer didn't give him the chance to convert it.

calvinhobbes
03-02-2007, 03:50 PM
Emperor Rogerius beats one of his praetorian guards. On sunday he must beat another one. In coming months we'll see more and more often this situation. In the whole history of the Empire, more than fifteen emperors were dethironed by their praetorian guard. That's the price they must pay for maintaning intruders (Nadalia) far from their dominions. :wavey: :worship: :eek:

Or Levy
03-02-2007, 03:52 PM
Good match, what I could see of it, the live feed was so wonky.

There were some really great shots, Roger played better than yesterday - still not his A level game, but I doubt he'll need it tomorrow anyway.
We're definitly seeing more emotion from him these days, which is really nice.

mickymouse
03-02-2007, 03:52 PM
Haas played well after the initial jitters, but you could sense he was going to crack after all the missed opportunities at breaking Federer.

kronus12
03-02-2007, 03:53 PM
didn't see the match, although it sounded like Haas gave federer a good go, that's great. Going by some of the first posters fed won the big points when he had too and his game is getting better and better.

Sunset of Age
03-02-2007, 03:55 PM
Outstanding performance by Roger :worship: :worship: :worship: - the rustiness has (finally) left the building!
As he said himself in the post-match interview, he was happy with his game, called it 'very consistent'. Lots of nice words to Tommy as well.

Second set was of a very high level, with two absolutely TOP-rallies by both players: the 6th game on BP for Tommy, which involved an outragious number of shots, including smashes, serve-volley at the net and a through-the-legs-attempt by Tommy.
He got it done later in the set, in the 9th game - a through-the-legs-winner for Tommy! I loved Roger's smile when that happened...

All in all, a very entertaining, high level-match. Bodes good for tomorrow's final!

Shrinking Violet
03-02-2007, 03:56 PM
Thankfully Roger is getting some sort of form again - he really should have been out yesterday (if not for some outrageous choking by Nole) so I'm glad to see him up his game at last. Some great points in the match.

Well done, Fed. :yeah: Never mind, Tommy - good start of the year anyway. You couldn't have done much more today. He was just too good. :hug:

ranaldo
03-02-2007, 03:56 PM
some boardie (the answer) has good intuition :

"So now a lot of MTF'ers are jumping on the Haas bandwagon. Why, because he won some mm tournament?
Some of you guys are so easy to influence it ain't even funny even some so called "Federer fans".
But anyhow Federer in 2 sets 6-4 7-5"

Adler
03-02-2007, 03:57 PM
Federer raised his game level not just like that. He raises it when he needs to, so I don't see anything special in this tournament. Youznhy winning the title - now that would surprise me, just as anybody else I think

mangoes
03-02-2007, 03:58 PM
I really enjoyed this match. Both Roger and Haas played some very entertaining points. Overall, it was a match filled with good tennis.

Peacemaster
03-02-2007, 03:59 PM

Well said. Roger Federer = The Great Equalizer.

scoobs
03-02-2007, 04:00 PM
Well done Roger.

Terrific second set from both men - the highest quality.

ChinoRios4Ever
03-02-2007, 04:02 PM
expected win by rogelio

Neely
03-02-2007, 04:02 PM
Good to hear that it seemed at least not a crappy match! Incredibly missed chances by Tommy probably, he could have made it much more difficult. But I don't think it was the same Federer that played in the first and second rounds! Just no chance if you play like that and miss your own opportunities. I feared the script was that Tommy gets broken and loses quickly then.

JustmeUK, do you correct the name in the title? I'm usually not that picky about typos if they are meaningless or if the player has a difficult name or whatever, but the difference in meaning between Haas and Hass in German is quite big ;) Don't know why there are so many mistakes made, I read it not the first time.

mangoes
03-02-2007, 04:03 PM

Well said. Roger Federer = The Great Equalizer.

Agree, but Haas contributed to making this a good match. He came ready to play and tried to push Roger which resulted in a quality match........especially the 2nd set.

tcorinna
03-02-2007, 04:03 PM
Federer was great :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :rocker: :rocker:

I've saw the last games of the match and I've saw when he changed his t-shirt ... OMG OMG OMG :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

GOODLUCK FEDE for tomorrow :smooch:

Yappa
03-02-2007, 04:06 PM
Good to hear that it seemed at least not a crappy match! Incredibly missed chances by Tommy probably, he could have made it much more difficult. But I don't think it was the same Federer that played in the first and second rounds! Just no chance if you play like that and miss your own opportunities. I feared the script was that Tommy gets broken and loses quickly then.

Haas had real chances to break at the first (2nd serve) and third bp.

JustmeUK, do you correct the name in the title? I'm usually not that picky about typos if they are meaningless or if the player has a difficult name or whatever, but the difference in meaning between Haas and Hass in German is quite big ;) Don't know why there are so many mistakes made, I read it not the first time.

I admit that it annoys me everytime someones writes "Hass" (german for "hatred") instead of "Haas" (same goes for "Keifer" instead of "Kiefer"), but I also only noticed it after having posted my comment, so I didn't want to make an extra post solely for that reason. :)

JustmeUK
03-02-2007, 04:07 PM

my apologies.. was typing and not really reading what I was typing!

Breakdown
03-02-2007, 04:11 PM
Great match from both players!!!!!;)

Nice win for Roger!:worship: :bounce: :hug: :bowdown:
Tommy :clap2: :sad: :o better luck in IW and Miami

Was is 40th consecutive win for Rogi?

rrfnpump
03-02-2007, 04:12 PM
Tommy cant beat Roger, it doesnt matter which form he has

Naide
03-02-2007, 04:15 PM
:clap2: rogi

Voo de Mar
Don't know why there are so many mistakes made, I read it not the first time.

Yes, it is amazing. Many people on this forum wrote "Hass" what is very strange for two reasons: this surname is quite simple; he has been playing on the main tour since 1996 - eleven years is not enough? ;)
Many years ago I had problem with two Dutch surnames: I was writing notoriously Harhuist & Entingh instead of Haarhuis & Eltingh :lol:

tangerine_dream
Roger steps it up vs. good players he respects. Good job, Roger. Good tournament to Tommy. :hatoff:

Corey Feldman
03-02-2007, 04:21 PM
A good match with Haas hitting the hot dogs in the 2nd set.
Fed hitting some unreal shoe string volleys to save BP at 3-4 i think it was in that 2nd set.

a tough final, two great guys.. Gl to both is all i can say.

shotgun
03-02-2007, 04:26 PM
Predictable... Federer played much better than yesterday, because he had to raise his level against a terribly in-form player like Haas.

R.Federer
03-02-2007, 04:27 PM
Great quality match. Give this to Haas (as one should to Andy-R) : Roger has to play at or near his best to win against them.

Fatigue may have contributed to Haas's form in part, not that he played poorly at all.

2moretogo
03-02-2007, 04:32 PM
Quality was superb. Some of those rallies were worth the price of admission all by themselves.

Haas had all the chances, but once again it was Fed taking advantage of the little openings that he was given.

That 1st serve though... Whoops!

Roger The Great
03-02-2007, 04:32 PM
Very entertaining second set. Great play by both.

As others have already stated, the form of the player playing Roger is simply what determines Roger's own level. When playing a hot player, Roger raises his level. When he doesn't need to though, he often doesn't. He does what's needed to win. Congrats to Rog on another final. :worship:

Whistleway
03-02-2007, 04:41 PM
Haas was in tremendous form. This is scary that it was a straight set win. Roger just is too good. I mean, what does someone has to do to win against this guy. Bravo Roger. Youzhny match-up is interesting and it would nice to see both play better than they did at AO.

Bremen
03-02-2007, 04:45 PM
Congrats on consecutive win # 40!!!! And congrats on win # 11 for the year!

Howard
03-02-2007, 04:53 PM
Yes, it is amazing. Many people on this forum wrote "Hass" what is very strange for two reasons: this surname is quite simple; he has been playing on the main tour since 1996 - eleven years is not enough? ;)
Many years ago I had problem with two Dutch surnames: I was writing notoriously Harhuist & Entingh instead of Haarhuis & Eltingh :lol:The double "a" throws people... especially native English speaking people.

Nevertheless, I too, hass it when posters do it.

SLICK
03-02-2007, 04:54 PM
Match report with Federer and Haas press conference quotations.

http://www.inside-tennis.net/index.php?action=news&id=2487

deliveryman
03-02-2007, 05:01 PM
Sorry, but I just have to toot my own horn here:

Found in the "Who Will Win? Federer (SUI) vs Haas (GER)" thread

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=97015&page=4

Roger always seems to pick up his level when needed to.

He does this time and time again, yet people still doubt.

Roger in 2. 6-3, 7-5.

Pretty damn close.

RonE
03-02-2007, 05:12 PM
Great for Roger to do it in two sets :yeah:

I only wish I could have watched this match. F****ng Eurosport.. :o :mad:

radics
03-02-2007, 05:13 PM
Match report with Federer and Haas press conference quotations.

http://www.inside-tennis.net/index.php?action=news&id=2487

"[...]However, the draw has been kind to the world number 1 unlike poor Rafael Nadal who was handed one of the worst possible draws and stood little chance of successfully defending his title.

Federer has had a chance to play himself into form; shifting through the gears so to speak with every match.[...]"

WTF?

Corey Feldman
03-02-2007, 05:14 PM
Match report with Federer and Haas press conference quotations.Cheers slick, always giving these in every thread :lol:

scarecrows
03-02-2007, 05:15 PM
Great for Roger to do it in two sets :yeah:

I only wish I could have watched this match. F****ng Eurosport.. :o :mad:

Eurosport 2 showed it :shrug: or you dont have that?

R.Federer
03-02-2007, 05:18 PM
Originally Posted by deliveryman
Roger always seems to pick up his level when needed to.

He does this time and time again, yet people still doubt.

Roger in 2. 6-3, 7-5.

Excellent call!

R.Federer
03-02-2007, 05:19 PM
With Federer serving at 4-5 and 40-15, Haas produced a moment of true inspiration and pulled off the ‘hotdog ‘pass down the line and raised his arms in triumph. An impressed Federer simply waved his hands down as if to say "get outta here, that's my shot!"

Any youtube of this stuff?

scarecrows
03-02-2007, 05:21 PM
"[...]However, the draw has been kind to the world number 1 unlike poor Rafael Nadal who was handed one of the worst possible draws and stood little chance of successfully defending his title.

Federer has had a chance to play himself into form; shifting through the gears so to speak with every match.[...]"

WTF?

poor Rafito :awww:

scarecrows
03-02-2007, 05:22 PM
Any youtube of this stuff?

I think it should be up soon

it was delicious indeed

rafagirlno1
03-02-2007, 05:26 PM
after watching the entire match all i say is the better player chocked and lost the match :o

RonE
03-02-2007, 05:26 PM
Eurosport 2 showed it :shrug: or you dont have that?

Negative :awww:

RonE
03-02-2007, 05:29 PM
after watching the entire match all i say is the better player chocked and lost the match :o

That was a tough loss to take yesterday wasn't it? From Rafa winning the tournament without dropping a set to getting roasted in straights by Youzhny. Ouch :awww:

Fergie
Roger :bigclap:

R.Federer
Wow a tournament off clay, where Roger has a chance to GAIN points. ;)

Corey Feldman
03-02-2007, 05:31 PM
after watching the entire match all i say is the better player chocked and lost the match :ohttp://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/spezial/Fool/crazy.gifhttp://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/spezial/Fool/crazy.gifhttp://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/spezial/Fool/crazy.gif

R.Federer
03-02-2007, 05:32 PM

You forgot to mention that it was all because hawkeye was calibrated to give favorable calls to Federer.
Shame on Hawk!

rafagirlno1
03-02-2007, 05:34 PM
That was a tough loss to take yesterday wasn't it? From Rafa winning the tournament without dropping a set to getting roasted in straights by Youzhny. Ouch :awww:

youzhny was on fire and if he plays tmrw like he did versus rafa ,roger could be roasted as well :wavey:

RonE
03-02-2007, 05:36 PM
youzhny was on fire and if he plays tmrw like he did versus rafa ,roger could be roasted as well :wavey:

Only "could be roasted"? Shouldn't it be "will be roasted"? :awww:

Regenbogen
03-02-2007, 05:41 PM
Good job Roger :yeah: I was getting worried with all the people saying Haas might win it.

rafagirlno1
03-02-2007, 05:42 PM
Only "could be roasted"? Shouldn't it be "will be roasted"? :awww:

yaah it could but unfortunately he is roger federer . although i dont like him i am not a fool to bet against him unless ofcourse he plays rafa :devil:
unfortunately he has played him very rarely and tht his luck has worked so far but from april onwards everything will be back to normal :devil:

rofe
03-02-2007, 05:44 PM
yaah it could but unfortunately he is roger federer . although i dont like him i am not a fool to bet against him unless ofcourse he plays rafa :devil:
unfortunately he has played him very rarely and tht his luck has worked so far but from april onwards everything will be back to normal :devil:

Yet you were foolish enough to predict that Nadal will win Dubai without dropping a set. :shrug:

LinkMage
03-02-2007, 05:49 PM
Thankfully Roger is getting some sort of form again - he really should have been out yesterday (if not for some outrageous choking by Nole) so I'm glad to see him up his game at last. Some great points in the match.

He should have been out yesterday? Why? Djokovic was never in position to win the match. In fact, it was Fed who choked in the 2nd set tie-break. He should have closed it in straights.

Today Fed didn't play that well. The 1st set was filled with UEs by both players. The 2nd was higher quality, but Fed's backhand is still rusty. He's shanking lots of balls with his backhand.

KC13
03-02-2007, 05:50 PM

Off course,girl,and George W. will really find all those weapons of mass destruction in Iraq

rafagirlno1
03-02-2007, 05:51 PM
Yet you were foolish enough to predict that Nadal will win Dubai without dropping a set. :shrug:

rafa is the favorite to win any tournament he enters(along with fed) . and unfortunately youzny defeats him this time . but i still believe if rafa had won tht match and if he came to the final against fed , he would hve defended his title and retained it :devil:

Eden
03-02-2007, 05:52 PM
Unfortunately I wasn't able to watch the match, but it sounds as it was a terrific match of both players. This tennis season seems to be very promising when we look at some of the matches which have been played during this year so far.

Congratulations to Roger for reaching the final of a tournament again :yeah: There are no words to describe his achievements :)

Tommy is hopefully not to disappointed about this loss. He had a great run this year and should take much confidence with him for the upcoming tournaments :)

R.Federer
03-02-2007, 05:52 PM

Grass season begins middle of june, and clay does not come back till next April :wavey:

Howard
03-02-2007, 05:56 PM
after watching the entire match all i say is the better player chocked and lost the match :oBarring illness and injury, (or out and out cheating) the better player always wins. That's how we determine who is better. Also, mental toughness is just as much a part of a player's arsenal as his serve.

victory1
03-02-2007, 05:58 PM
rafa is the favorite to win any tournament he enters(along with fed) . and unfortunately youzny defeats him this time . but i still believe if rafa had won tht match and if he came to the final against fed , he would hve defended his title and retained it :devil:

You realize that Rafa has not been in a final since July of last year?:o You also realize that he has only manage to get to the Semi finals 1 time since then and it was RR format!;) You're so funny!!:wavey: In comparison, this is Roger's 9th Final since Rafa's last final. Another piece of news, Roger is 8-0 and if he wins tomorrow he'll be 9-0!

Allez
03-02-2007, 06:02 PM
Rogi!:yippee::yippee::yippee:

Haas :nerner:

Mikhail :scared:

Beforehand
03-02-2007, 06:18 PM
But secretly, we all know if Youzhny plays at the same level, but Roger is better, it will be because Youzhny dropped form.

**coughs. Gonzalez AO. coughs**

CarstenL01
03-02-2007, 06:27 PM
Tommy cant beat Roger, it doesnt matter which form he has

then noone can beat him :ras: ;)

Havok
03-02-2007, 06:30 PM
For fucks sake, lose already :o. Surprised Haas even flew all the way to Dubai and played this well, hope he keeps it up for the entire year, not spurts like he did last year. Top 5 is definitely within reach this year, and very early a that.

Roger will win tomorrow's final, and another predictable tournament will be written in the books :zzz:.

judeluo
03-02-2007, 06:38 PM

Damn... all of a sudden... Everyone is a flamer...

Gonzo/Roddy/Haas/Misha...

and i guess this makes Roger... the fireman???:devil: :devil: :devil:

cmurray
03-02-2007, 06:58 PM
I thought maybe Haas would give him a little more trouble than he did. That being said, I still applaud Tommy for his progress.

I don't know if Misha can beat him...but I guarantee that he'll give it his best shot.

deliveryman
03-02-2007, 07:00 PM
Oh wow, this clay season coming up is going to be very, very, very, very interesting.

the answer
03-02-2007, 08:36 PM
So now a lot of MTF'ers are jumping on the Haas bandwagon. Why, because he won some mm tournament?
Some of you guys are so easy to influence it ain't even funny even some so called "Federer fans".
But anyhow Federer in 2 sets 6-4 7-5

:cool:

Shrinking Violet
03-02-2007, 09:25 PM
He should have been out yesterday? Why? Djokovic was never in position to win the match. In fact, it was Fed who choked in the 2nd set tie-break. He should have closed it in straights.

Roger was awful yesterday apart from a spell at the beginning of the second set. Nole was up a break in the first, was in on a few other service games and lost 6(?) games on the bounce afterwards. He then fluked away to get it to a third set and when it got to the tight end of the set, he threw it away. I just think that with him playing as badly as he did yesterday he should have lost if Nole had shown a bit more.

It wasn't designed as an insult to Fed - I love Fed, I just think he lucked out that he was playing a guy who didn't have the bottle to punish him for playing as badly as he did.

tcorinna
03-02-2007, 09:30 PM
Damn... all of a sudden... Everyone is a flamer...

Gonzo/Roddy/Haas/Misha...

and i guess this makes Roger... the fireman???:devil: :devil: :devil:

Exactly ... he is the fireman ... he cool them out :) :spit: :spit:

Art&Soul
03-03-2007, 12:30 AM
So goood ROGER, lets win the title :banana:

safinaferrero
03-03-2007, 12:36 AM
Such a surprising wins :lol:

doublebackhand
03-03-2007, 02:13 AM

keep on dreaming sweetie!:wavey:

bokehlicious
03-03-2007, 09:13 AM

I'm kind of feeling sad for Nadal... Why does he always get the most retarded "fans" ? :confused: Coincidence ? :o :angel:

Corey Feldman
03-03-2007, 11:13 AM
Did anyone see at the end of the match when Fed sat on his chair and ruffled his head with the towel... his hair went all big afro style :lol:
i wish someone had captured that pic