How to e-mail the ATP and give your thoughts on Round Robin [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

How to e-mail the ATP and give your thoughts on Round Robin

MaryWalsh
03-02-2007, 03:23 PM
I just did it, for the first time.

Go to the ATP home page. (google atp tennis)
Scroll to the bottom.
Click on "contact us".
In the new page, fill in your first and last name and e-mail address.
Click on the type of concern, in this case, "other".
Say what you have to say. My message was long, and there is obviously space for a long e-mail.
Click send.

Cheers.

BlakeorHenman
03-02-2007, 03:39 PM
sent mine!

Black Adam
03-02-2007, 03:46 PM
http://www.atptennis.com/en/aboutatp/contact.asp

alfonsojose
03-02-2007, 06:25 PM
Mine

"The Round Robin idea stinks. This is not DisneyWorld, mr. De Villiers. This is a serious sport"

Black Adam
03-02-2007, 08:46 PM
I already sent mine though I doubt they are going to answer it. Though I made my point clear to them.
I am deeply concerned by the way Round Robin is turning to be a pure joke. Just look at the Blake- Korolev Fiasco in Las Vegas! Changing the rule before the Tournament has begun is acceptable but changing them in the middle of the Tournament is simply Pathetic. Does Etienne "Disney" De Villiers have a way of seeing into the future?? How can he come to the conclusion Blake was going to win the next 3 games? If he really can come to such conclusions because he can predict the future then he should see what the future holds for our beloved Sport:
Death of Tennis somewhere in 2007. Reason: Round Robin Tournaments.

Be aware that Tennis fans are outraged, and nobody is going to stand and watch this Nonsense go on. Even respected players like Safin and Hewitt have spoke out against this form of Nonsense. Round Robin only works in Tennis Masters Cup but not in Tournaments with 32 players. It's already complicated in TMC with a field of 8 players plus an alternative but why make things worse by using it in a field of 32 players?? There is a petition going on and very soon you will hear about it even if you chose to ignore my complaint.

Take heed to what the fans are saying, it might save Tennis from future Fiascoes like this one.

Sincerely

An Angry Fan

jazar
03-02-2007, 09:33 PM
i'm not one to mince my words. here is what i told them:

round robin is shit. everyone knows it. it should be scraped as soon as possible and the twat who conceived the idea should be shot.

Horatio Caine
03-02-2007, 09:35 PM

round robin is shit. everyone knows it. it should be scraped as soon as possible and the twat who conceived the idea should be shot.

:haha: :haha: :haha: Don't beat around the bush mate :tape:

jazar
03-02-2007, 09:36 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha: Don't beat around the bush mate :tape:

i certainly didnt. but now i feel a bit sorry for the person whose e-mail address i gave them

Black Adam
03-03-2007, 11:33 AM
i certainly didnt. but now i feel a bit sorry for the person whose e-mail address i gave them
:devil::haha: :rolls:

decrepitude
03-03-2007, 11:37 AM
I emailed them early on in this fiasco. The more criticism they get, the better.

Don't forget to sign the petition (sticky at the head of General Messages) as well, though. If they get enough flak they may just take notice.

MaryWalsh
03-03-2007, 11:45 AM
I emailed them early on in this fiasco. The more criticism they get, the better.

Don't forget to sign the petition (sticky at the head of General Messages) as well, though. If they get enough flak they may just take notice.

I agree. I signed the petition too and I think it is great to do both.

*Ljubica*
03-03-2007, 12:14 PM
I've done it too - and I truly don't expect any acknowledgement, but guess it can't hurt to let them know how the real fans feel.

Kalliopeia
03-03-2007, 12:32 PM
I'm just going to link to the post I made over on the other thread:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=4971997&postcount=967

Send some letters...I'd be surprised if anyone of importance ever saw the things that come through that contact page.

MaryWalsh
03-03-2007, 12:48 PM
I'm just going to link to the post I made over on the other thread:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=4971997&postcount=967

Send some letters...I'd be surprised if anyone of importance ever saw the things that come through that contact page.

Kalliopeia, thanks for the link.
I looked at the addresses, which are not for specific people. I clicked on some of the people in the list but a specific address wasn't given. Any suggestions? Do we send letters to the addresses given and then have them sent on to the individuals? I am prepared to do it.

My opinion is, the more e-mails, petitions, letters, the better. I have been pleasantly surprised by responses to e-mails in the past. Even *cough* ESPN. They actually implemented my advice on something. Once!

Action Jackson
03-03-2007, 12:51 PM
Depending on what region you are in, then you should post it to that relevant office.

Neely
03-03-2007, 01:02 PM
^^
right, a flood of real paper (snake mail or fax) has still much more impact on such issues than the same amount of electronic mail

I read already better ways to say that, not sure if anybody gives anything on such an advice from somebody who writes two lines of threatening and insults, can't be taken seriously

Action Jackson
03-03-2007, 01:07 PM
For sure, if people want to be pissed and call Mr.Disney an arse clown and a blind jackass or whatever do that in here.

But if you are going to write a letter to the ATP, then make your points clear about why the format sucks and leave the insults out.

MaryWalsh
03-03-2007, 01:12 PM
George, thanks. Do you have an opinion on whether to send separate letters to the committee members in my region, or to send one letter and address it collectively? Obviously I am new at this.

mtw
03-03-2007, 01:20 PM
Firstly you should see, how this system will work in tennis. It works very good in soccer and it is fair. This system, if it is fair organized ( I don't know, how it is arranged in tennis ), promotes the best player among the group and it is more better, as system: ,, and maybe it goes off well to win on this occasion''. I don't understand, why some Argentinians make so terrible confusion, they have quite good players and maybe this system will be good for their players too.

Action Jackson
03-03-2007, 01:23 PM
Firstly you should see, how this system will work in tennis. It works very good in soccer and it is fair. This system, if it is fair organized ( I don't know, how it is arranged in tennis ), promotes the best player among the group and it is more better, as system: ,, and maybe it goes off well to win on this occasion''. I don't understand, why some Argentinians make so terrible confusion, they have quite good players and maybe this system will be good for their players too.

It's not football. Major football tournaments don't go for 1 week. It's irrelevant, just cause it works in 1 field doesn't mean it will work in another.

nobama
03-03-2007, 01:30 PM
Firstly you should see, how this system will work in tennis. It works very good in soccer and it is fair. This system, if it is fair organized ( I don't know, how it is arranged in tennis ), promotes the best player among the group and it is more better, as system: ,, and maybe it goes off well to win on this occasion''. I don't understand, why some Argentinians make so terrible confusion, they have quite good players and maybe this system will be good for their players too.Learn how it is arranged in tennis before you comment then.

Via
03-03-2007, 11:52 PM
i believe brad drewett heads atp international in sydney.

ok, here's more from atp's site http://www.atptennis.com/en/aboutatp/organization.asp
The Board initially planned to hire a Chairman and CEO to replace outgoing CEO Mark Miles, who retired at the end of 2005. Instead, de Villiers will oversee a small office of ATP executives in London and work with regional CEOs in the three ATP offices in Monte-Carlo, Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida and Sydney. Those three CEOs are Brad Drewett (International), Horst Klosterkemper (Europe) and Mark Young (Americas), who will continue to serve as the ATP General Counsel.
under de villiers.

of course there's no reason why anyone can't mail directly to de villiers himself. surely stamps aren't so expensive in america? :) if his office is flooded with overseas mail, so much the better. so try the london address.

Jlee
03-04-2007, 03:42 AM
I sent:

To whom it may concern,

It was very obvious to me, and many other avid tennis fans, that round robin in regular ATP tournaments was doomed to fail from its initiation. This has become apparent to everyone involved in tennis over the last two weeks with the fiascoes in Buenos Aires and Las Vegas.

What happened most recently in Las Vegas was a disgrace to, not only the ATP, but also tennis itself. Because it is impossible to predict every scenario in the round robin format, situations such as these were bound to result. Though the initial rule concerning retirement was ridiculous in itself, changing it in the middle of a tournament in a way that obviously caters to a top player is simply embarrassing. While this decision was reversed, tennis has come out looking like a laughing stock. What was done to the players involved was rude and inexcusable.

The round robin format does not work in regular ATP events for several reasons. It has always been a unique feature in the Tennis Masters Cup, where it is ideal because the players are very evenly matched. In other events, removing single loss elimination effectively removes what is unique in tennis. By hugely decreasing the potential for an upset, it lowers fan interest in any of the lower round matches rather than increasing it. Though it was designed as a way to increase fan interest, it has only succeeded in alienating these very people. True tennis fans appreciate the possibility for an "off day" by a top player that leads to their elimination, and round robin has severely limited the possibility for this occurrence while only succeeding in pleasing tournament directors.

So called “Cinderella stories” make sports of any kind exciting. By effectively ruining the possibility for such an occurrence, the ATP has done nothing but alienate their most loyal fans and neglect the interests of those most important, the players.

Sincerely,
Jenna ****