True norwegian black metal!! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

True norwegian black metal!!

Hangdog
04-02-2004, 11:14 AM
Rahh!!!!
Is there some who enjoy black? or gothic/hard rock? Rock on!!
:devil:

Conan the Librarian
04-02-2004, 12:57 PM
Conan was mislead by the thread title and was looking forward to a discussion on the mining industry.

Mrs. B
04-02-2004, 12:59 PM
Conan was mislead by the thread title and was looking forward to a discussion on the mining industry.

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Hangdog
04-02-2004, 02:13 PM
Mining industry?..
Hmm.. Why not? Let's start!! It'll be something really new. And in anyway it'll be better and more interesting than posts like "where're you from" or "have you brothers or sisters".. Society..

Dirty Sanchez
04-04-2004, 01:39 AM
Yeah, I love mining but I prefer black metal like Burzum, Satyricon and Emperor! ;)

Hangdog
04-17-2004, 06:58 PM
Burzum, Emperor, Immortal & Hĺkon Hellstrom are rullllllllezzzzzz!!!!

Nekromanta
10-08-2011, 12:39 AM
Black Metal is my "least favourite genre" but some artists are freakin' good at it....., like

3AXRrtgUIn4

Nekromanta
10-08-2011, 12:50 AM
My Favourite song in any genre - Ahriman - The Ancient Empire....
The funny thing is that when I listened to it the first time on a tape I thought it was Dissection...
bGjW2BzHC78

BigJohn
10-08-2011, 12:51 AM
This seems like a proper forum to share this hilarious news:

Juno Awards Adds New Category: Metal/Hard Music Album of the Year

As Canada’s Juno Awards return to Ottawa next April, for the first time since 2003, fans may notice something new. The Canadian Academy for Recording Arts and Sciences (CARAS) announced on Wednesday that they have added a new category to the award show. For the first time ever, an award will be handed out to the Metal/Hard Music Album of the year.

In their press release, CARAS explained that,

“This new category is an award to honour artistic achievement, technical proficiency and overall excellence in the Canadian recording industry, without regard to album sales or chart position. Eligible albums include metal, metalcore, hardcore, heavy rock, thrash metal, death metal and their respective sub- genres including (but not limited to) nu-metal, power metal, grindcore, extreme metal, industrial metal, viking metal, folk metal, doom metal, gothic metal, speed metal, and sludge metal.”

http://allmusicmatters.wordpress.com/2011/09/30/juno-awards-adds-new-category-metalhard-music-album-of-the-year/

Now I don't see the true norwegian black metal as a sub genre. I see the always popular folk metal, but not TNBM...

Nekromanta
10-08-2011, 01:08 AM
You're right... genres don't mean shit...

Concerning black metal... Listen to this purity....

The Legends at Their best

Ahriman - Prayer of My Sad Spirit In a Black Church

5gZQqKYrf4A

BigJohn
10-08-2011, 01:19 AM
Genres are ridiculous indeed.

But that was my only contribution to this topic. My love for metal is limited to pre-Black album Metallica.

Henry Chinaski
10-08-2011, 01:31 AM
not much of a black metal fan but this is fucking superb:

IoNGYcOKzPM

Nekromanta
10-08-2011, 01:37 AM
Genres are ridiculous indeed.

But that was my only contribution to this topic. My love for metal is limited to pre-Black album Metallica.

Some of your links to good music refute that....

BigJohn
10-08-2011, 03:30 AM
Some of your links to good music refute that....

If it's good and I'm in the right mood, I can have pretty broad horizons. :)

FormerRafaFan
10-14-2011, 02:44 PM
My favorite is still Dimmu Borgir. I know they're kinda old now, and maybe more metal than black metal.. I don't listen to black metal that much, but I do listen to quite a lot of hardcore, emocore, rock, punk, metalcore, heavy rock etc.

I know this is off topic, but I remember a couple of years ago that a dude from a Norwegian black metal band came out as gay.. I was like WTF?!?! now I've seen everything.. lol! It's definitely not many out people in that genre, but I think it's great that he came out!

Anyway.. back to topic.. this is my favorite song from Dimmu with Norwegian lyrics, but again, it's more metal/heavy metal than black metal:

QiiQJMLt2cc

abraxas21
10-14-2011, 03:56 PM

best reply ever tbh

Nekromanta
10-19-2011, 11:58 AM
hmoALFq0j5M

Nekromanta
10-19-2011, 12:33 PM
Good old Tormentor...

Cavfo4MJWbg

Nekromanta
10-19-2011, 12:53 PM
Forest Silence - Brilliant stuff

7pTiWFIn-vs