JustmeUK
03-01-2007, 04:22 PM
Too many errors but finds a way to win.

NadalMachine
03-01-2007, 04:23 PM
Should be easier.

ezekiel
03-01-2007, 04:24 PM
Nole was too much up and down but there is no question he put a lot of pressure on Roger and maybe next time he should beat him

Scotso
03-01-2007, 04:25 PM
Nole :sad:

but he can still be proud of the result, I think.

Rogiman
03-01-2007, 04:25 PM
Really should have been easier, Novak didn't even play well to push him.

The highlights of the 3rd sets were: none.

scarecrows
03-01-2007, 04:26 PM
well, knowing Roger he always plays better as the final stages arrive

I was expecting a much better play from him today but hopefully he has left it for tomorrow

the answer
03-01-2007, 04:26 PM
should have been 6-3 6-3 but well.....he won anyway that's what matters

JustmeUK
03-01-2007, 04:27 PM
Nole was too much up and down but there is no question he put a lot of pressure on Roger and maybe next time he should beat him

Nole was up and down? What about Roger??? He made 28 UEs in the second set. He's definitely rusty and against Haas he'd better be tighter. Tommy was scintillating today against Ollie.

Voo de Mar
03-01-2007, 04:28 PM
After Federer had wasted match point in 2nd set he won the match for the 6th time in his career (Boutter, Robredo, Ljubicic, Almagro, Gasquet, Djokovic).

Fergie
03-01-2007, 04:29 PM
Rogi :yeah: ... But in 2 sets had been better :o

RogiFan88
03-01-2007, 04:29 PM
he won ugly... yuk...

Sunset of Age
03-01-2007, 04:30 PM
Pfoo, Roger got me scared! For a moment I even believed in a victory for Nole -

Missing two match points... that's not your style, Rogelio!
He's still a bit rusty, that's for sure. Should most definitely raise his game, as Haas is apparently doing very, very well indeed.

Okay, congrats anyway! A win = a win.

ezekiel
03-01-2007, 04:31 PM
Nole was up and down? What about Roger??? He made 28 UEs in the second set. He's definitely rusty and against Haas he'd better be tighter. Tommy was scintillating today against Ollie.

Nole played good until 3-2 and then had one of many df and that ill advised dropshot when he had him on the run to even the score. Nole then played crap and completelly defensive until 2-0 in the second set when he woke up and then it was a match. At 3-4 , he just made again uncharacteristic errors to give the game at love. Roger wasn't in top form but he was steady throughout

scoobs
03-01-2007, 04:32 PM
Roger should buy Nole a beer and thank him for that collapse at 3-4 down in the final set when Nole served and was broken to love. He played a terrible game. For all his bluster, Nole doesn't yet believe he can beat Federer and he proved it right there.

t0x
03-01-2007, 04:33 PM
Very patchy from Fed. He played majestic on that 7 game streak but his FH then went very sloppy - way too many errors.

Djoko was also very patchy - but he did well to take a set because he definatley looked out of it!

Bremen
03-01-2007, 04:34 PM
Phew! When Rogi was broken in the first game of the match I got a little scared. Thank god he pulled it out. But I agree with everyone he must play better to beat Haas.

JustmeUK
03-01-2007, 04:34 PM
Nole played good until 3-2 and then had one of many df and that ill advised dropshot when he had him on the run to even the score. Nole then played crap and completelly defensive until 2-0 in the second set when he woke up and then it was a match. At 3-4 , he just made again uncharacteristic errors to give the game at love. Roger wasn't in top form but he was steady throughout

sorry 28 UEs is not steady!!

madmanfool
03-01-2007, 04:36 PM
Fed could use a though match since Haas awaits him in the next round. He needed this

R.Federer
03-01-2007, 04:37 PM
Always pleased to see him get a win against Djokovic.

vincayou
03-01-2007, 04:38 PM
Both can play better than this.

mickymouse
03-01-2007, 04:39 PM
I thought Djokovic played well. It's difficult for a player to maintain the same level throughout a match and he took his chances when presented with them. I can envision him beating Federer in a future 3 set match when Federer is off. But 5 setter..no.

Leopold Stotch
03-01-2007, 04:39 PM
Nole made a few errors in judgement today that he will not be making 2-3 years from now. Only difference today was experience. Federer always looks rattled when he's playing Nole.

martinatreue
03-01-2007, 04:42 PM
A win, even not a pretty match, still goes in the 'W' column and it's all good. :worship: :angel: :)

Corey Feldman
03-01-2007, 04:42 PM
Rubbish concentration from Federer all week long..
yeah, you keep taking these month breaks Roger, see how long it is before you start getting your ass handed to you regularly.

victory1
03-01-2007, 04:45 PM
yeah, you keep taking these month breaks Roger, see how long it is before you start getting your ass handed to you regularly.

I think he needs these months breaks he takes. Look how many tournaments he wins. He knows what his body needs.

Sunset of Age
03-01-2007, 04:47 PM

Fed is lucky that Murray isn't around in Dubai! :lol:

rofe
03-01-2007, 04:49 PM
This is Toronto 2006 all over again. He took a long break and almost paid the price. I can only hope that the result will be similar.

LLeytonRules
03-01-2007, 04:49 PM
Does anyone know if he is playing his doubles match?I hope not.

ezekiel
03-01-2007, 04:53 PM
sorry 28 UEs is not steady!!

Nole was making bigger errors and serving quiet poorly for much of the match . Look at that first break at 2-3 in the 1st set, it was given on a plate by a DF and a naive dropshot, Nole played crap for the next 6 games which Roger won easy . The break at 3-4 was all Nole making easy errors as well but still he is getting to beating Roger every time

adee-gee
03-01-2007, 04:56 PM
Good effort Nole :hatoff:

Tommy will finish the job in the Semi's :D

R.Federer
03-01-2007, 04:57 PM
Roger, one more win away from putting djokovic in Pigeon status. COME ON!

ezekiel
03-01-2007, 05:03 PM
Roger, one more win away from putting djokovic in Pigeon status. COME ON!

of course but the tables can and will turn around :devil:

Time is on Nole's side :p

martine2
03-01-2007, 05:09 PM
Djoko did great :clap2: Congrats!

Too bad he had to face Roger....

R.Federer
03-01-2007, 05:13 PM
Time is on Nole's side :p

Bigger talent is on Federer's side :D

ChinoRios4Ever
03-01-2007, 05:23 PM
lucky nole to win the tb :o

i want a roger-rafa final!

_sanja_
03-01-2007, 05:25 PM
great job, Nole!!!;)

nicole_s
03-01-2007, 05:28 PM
great match! they both played really good,but federer is one class above the rest of players.

SLICK
03-01-2007, 05:33 PM
Match report and quotes from Federer and Djokovic

http://www.inside-tennis.net/index.php?action=news&id=2484

jayjay
03-01-2007, 05:33 PM

Judging from some of the calls today, so were the linespeople. Thankfully there was HE to correct some of those ridiculous calls.

JustDoIt
03-01-2007, 05:37 PM
:yawn: x10000000000

nobama
03-01-2007, 06:03 PM
yeah, you keep taking these month breaks Roger, see how long it is before you start getting your ass handed to you regularly.Slams and masters series are what really matter, not Dubai.

nobama
03-01-2007, 06:05 PM
Does anyone know if he is playing his doubles match?I hope not.
Yes he is, which is only fair to his partner. Roger knew what he was getting into when he signed up for singles and doubles. And he's been off for almost a month so he sure as heck shouldn't be tired.

Allez
03-01-2007, 06:13 PM
Well done Rogi :yeah:

OMG, the super hot Haas is next :scared:

Or Levy
03-01-2007, 06:23 PM
OMG, heart attack match, I GULPED loudly when he blew the first match point (Watched without sound, from work again), I was sure he's going to get away with the second, and then he didn't - and I knew the hawk eye is going to go badly. Ack.

AHHHHH. Was so happy he won.

Although, I think I'm coming over RonE's house for a BBQ...

ezekiel
03-01-2007, 06:26 PM

Nole is better than Roger at his age :angel: :wavey:

nobama
03-01-2007, 06:30 PM
Let's see where he is when he's 25. ;)

ezekiel
03-01-2007, 06:38 PM
Let's see where he is when he's 25. ;)

Are you saying someone may top out Roger's accomplishments :D :rolleyes:

nobama
03-01-2007, 06:42 PM
Are you saying someone may top out Roger's accomplishments :D :rolleyes:
It doesn't matter until both of their careers are over. Then we can compare.

ezekiel
03-01-2007, 06:53 PM
It doesn't matter until both of their careers are over. Then we can compare.

fine, I wouldn't mind Nole being compared to Roger at the end of one's career :D :devil: :p

R.Federer
03-01-2007, 07:05 PM

So was Lleyton. But that didn't portend too well for him. :sad:

ezekiel
03-01-2007, 07:11 PM
So was Lleyton. But that didn't portend too well for him. :sad:

Leyton is a different kind of player , isn't he ?
Novak is much more offensive minded and bigger ;)

Eden
03-01-2007, 07:17 PM
I wasn't able to watch todays match, therefore it's interesting to read the summary.

Wasted Roger his matchpoints with unforced errors or did Novak won the points with winners?

Great that Roger was able to keep in check Novak again :)

~Marija~
03-01-2007, 07:19 PM
Wonderful job Roger:)

R.Federer
03-01-2007, 07:19 PM
Leyton is a different kind of player , isn't he ?
Novak is much more offensive minded and bigger ;)

Well, then Federer is also a different player from djokovic no? He matured mentally and physically different from other players.

How he played at djokovic's age should also not be relevant then. :D

jazar
03-01-2007, 07:47 PM
federer has just been playing well when its been needed this week. he hasnt needed to play full out yet and he probably wont. this is a pretty easy tournament for him

ezekiel
03-01-2007, 07:52 PM
I wasn't able to watch todays match, therefore it's interesting to read the summary.

Wasted Roger his matchpoints with unforced errors or did Novak won the points with winners?

Great that Roger was able to keep in check Novak again :)

Nole won amazing point at the sp that involved netcord. Roger was leading 6-5 when he made a shot that was called good but Nole challenged and it was clearly out and he levelled and then closed out the set

musefanatic
03-01-2007, 07:54 PM
Well done Roger :) :) And also Djokovic for taking him to 3 sets :)

ezekiel
03-01-2007, 07:56 PM
Well, then Federer is also a different player from djokovic no? He matured mentally and physically different from other players.

How he played at djokovic's age should also not be relevant then. :D

I think they are the same type of player game wise and athletically where Nole is bigger and stronger while Roger uses more slice and finesse to his game . Today it was about experience as they match each other shots wise

R.Federer
03-01-2007, 08:25 PM
I think they are the same type of player game wise and athletically where Nole is bigger and stronger while Roger uses more slice and finesse to his game . Today it was about experience as they match each other shots wise

Oh, I think that is only your interpretation of today's match. I definitely did not see this as boiling down to a difference in experience. I think Federer needs to be several notches off his game to lose to djokovic. He nearly won it in straights, his shot was overturned on MP. This is only the second set that djokovic has taken off him. You think their serve, volley, speed and forehand quality were otherwise evenly matched?

There are too many aspects of any given player's game to make these comparisons. Mental maturation, physical style, off court preparation and also, who is playing when you peak. This is why so many junior #1's have not lived up to their promise on the senior tour. Some players peak very early and their only BIG wins happened early in their career.

TennisLurker
03-01-2007, 08:27 PM
He needs to mature, he made three unforced errors in a row with his forehand, silly ones, to give roger 3 bpoints, and lose the match eventually.

Shrinking Violet
03-01-2007, 08:35 PM
That was a massive disappointment of a match. i was expecting something good from them, instead it was just kinda blergh all round. Nole will never have a better chance of beating Fed but choked at the end of the third set. I immediately though 'he's scared of winning this' which is maybe a bit harsh, but that was my immediate impression during that game.

Well done, Fed and Nole - please learn from this. You don't get many opportunities against Fed so when he plays a match like that where nothing is working well, you have to beat him if you think you're a legitimate top player.

ezekiel
03-01-2007, 08:43 PM
Oh, I think that is only your interpretation of today's match. I definitely did not see this as boiling down to a difference in experience. I think Federer needs to be several notches off his game to lose to djokovic.
Roger is the best player today and the past 3 years but I think Nole is catching up to him more and more every time and every match. He is just 19 and getting better.

He nearly won it in straights, his shot was overturned on MP. This is only the second set that djokovic has taken off him. You think their serve, volley, speed and forehand quality were otherwise evenly matched?

Second set taken while only a teenager is quiet impressive. I think his strenghts are serve (not today or this week), volley, speed and forehand as you say and they are all pretty raw right now but they will be at least as good as Roger's in a year or 2. And if you are gonna play what ifs, let's just think what would happen if Nole didnt DF and had that dropshot fall where he gave the break back in the 1st set. It deflated him and Nole lost 6 games quickly only to wake up down 0-2

There are too many aspects of any given player's game to make these comparisons. Mental maturation, physical style, off court preparation and also, who is playing when you peak. This is why so many junior #1's have not lived up to their promise on the senior tour. Some players peak very early and their only BIG wins happened early in their career.

Good point and Nole wasn't great as a junior player, he was always working on his game, to make himself more of an all around player so he isn't peaking too early but is on schedule meet his high talent and make himself an elite player just in time, probably as early as next year

Fed=ATPTourkilla
03-01-2007, 08:47 PM
Roger is the best player today and the past 3 years but I think Nole is catching up to him more and more every time and every match. He is just 19 and getting better.

Ezekiel, are you related to Djokovic? :)

Back in the real world, he has shown absolutely nothing to suggest he will ever challenge Federer. Nothing. I would say Murray has shown glimpses that he might pose some problems. Djokovic, on the other hand, is just another guy who will end up with a 0-20 record against Fed by the end of his career. :D

R.Federer
03-01-2007, 08:50 PM

Good point and Nole wasn't great as a junior player, he was always working on his game, to make himself more of an all around player so he isn't peaking too early but is on schedule meet his high talent and make himself an elite player just in time, probably as early as next year

Well lets see where this discussion began. It began with your statement that djokovic is going to reverse the H2H, and your explanation for this is : he is better than Federer was at the same age. To which I responded that so was Hewitt. But that did not end up meaning much did it? Which is to say that because players mature, improve, peak and develop at different rates, knowing what type of a player Federer was at djokovic's age is so utterly irrelevant.

Which is also to say that looking into crystal balls to predict the success of a player next year (let alone next week) is just a fun game. How you know that djokovic is not peaking or is peaking, and what his schedule to "meet his high talent is", is beyond me. Many players take sets off other players, even as teenagers, Gasquet won a match against Federer. Haven't seen him produce like that again, have we? So djokovic may or may not live up to the projected successes you have dreamed for him. We just have to wait and see.

rofe
03-01-2007, 08:58 PM
Ezekiel, are you related to Djokovic? :)

Back in the real world, he has shown absolutely nothing to suggest he will ever challenge Federer. Nothing. I would say Murray has shown glimpses that he might pose some problems. Djokovic, on the other hand, is just another guy who will end up with a 0-20 record against Fed by the end of his career. :D

I agree with you entirely. Novak's game matches up badly with Roger's so Novak needs Roger to have an off day and for himself to play very well to win against Roger. Murray on the other hand can definitely pose problems for Fed because he has incredible court sense and smarts not to mention his return of serve. Once Murray's 1st serve gets to the 60s on a consistent basis, he will be a force to reckon with.

R.Federer
03-01-2007, 09:05 PM
I agree with you entirely. Novak's game matches up badly with Roger's so Novak needs Roger to have an off day and for himself to play very well to win against Roger. Murray on the other hand can definitely pose problems for Fed because he has incredible court sense and smarts not to mention his return of serve. Once Murray's 1st serve gets to the 60s on a consistent basis, he will be a force to reckon with.
That, and the hope for some fuel in the tank to see him through a long match.

rosamunda
03-01-2007, 09:16 PM
The fact of the matter is that, even though Fed played really quite erratically and downright poorly at times, Nole still couldn't beat him. It was Fed's mistakes that let him back into the match (+ a netcord here and there!). In fact Fed has been away with the birdies for much of this week, and I'm wondering if he has a little problem with motivation at the moment.

As to Nole's potential, there's no doubt that he's a fine young player, but who's to know whether he will improve enough legitimately to challenge the top top players, and become one himself? There's really no point in comparing the progress made by Fed or Nadal or whomever else since they were 19 - everybody's different, as they say. Fed took off into the stratosphere when he was 21/22-ish. Nadal is sort of hanging fire at the moment, if not going backwards. Nalbandian owned Federer when they were 18/19 - where is he now? You might as well throw bits of paper up in the air in a stiff breeze and predict where they're going to land.

Shrinking Violet
03-01-2007, 09:20 PM
In fact Fed has been away with the birdies for much of this week, and I'm wondering if he has a little problem with motivation at the moment.

I don't know if it's so much motivation or more that he's incredibly rusty after taking a month off and the guys he is playing are match sharp. He's maybe a bit bored but I think it's mainly that he's not played enough recently.

rosamunda
03-01-2007, 09:34 PM
I don't know if it's so much motivation or more that he's incredibly rusty after taking a month off and the guys he is playing are match sharp. He's maybe a bit bored but I think it's mainly that he's not played enough recently.

Yes, he's certainly rusty. But I was interested in the comment in his press conference when he said it was very difficult to get himself motivated for the 3rd set after the disappointment of losing the second when he thought he'd won it and the match. It's the sort of thing that would normally fire him up, I think - usually he seems to get pretty deadly when he's peeved.

ezekiel
03-01-2007, 09:45 PM
Well lets see where this discussion began. It began with your statement that djokovic is going to reverse the H2H, and your explanation for this is : he is better than Federer was at the same age. To which I responded that so was Hewitt. But that did not end up meaning much did it? Which is to say that because players mature, improve, peak and develop at different rates, knowing what type of a player Federer was at djokovic's age is so utterly irrelevant.

Which is also to say that looking into crystal balls to predict the success of a player next year (let alone next week) is just a fun game. How you know that djokovic is not peaking or is peaking, and what his schedule to "meet his high talent is", is beyond me. Many players take sets off other players, even as teenagers, Gasquet won a match against Federer. Haven't seen him produce like that again, have we? So djokovic may or may not live up to the projected successes you have dreamed for him. We just have to wait and see.

So what you are saying is that you are seeing reality and I am dreaming :rolleyes: . I guess you are not his fan :rolleyes: but most likely an adversary that would hate for him to succeed because you support the guy on the top .

You dispute his talent not on its own merit but by drawing unrelated comparisons with other players. We are talking about one player here and your point doesn't come accross by these comparisons.

Novak never dominated as a junior, only 1 sf in AO while Roger was #1 and won slams as junior so there is no basis to say Novak peaked too soon in comparison to Roger .

Comparing Novak to Hewitt is just ignorant since he is bigger than him and plays hitting tennis where he puts opponents on the run while Hewitt is/was a runner who just outlasted his opponents without much weapons

megadeth
03-01-2007, 11:20 PM
hewitt is just like us - we will never be pros, but hewitt, showed that guys like us who aren't as talented as the pros still have a shot... hehe

ezekiel
03-02-2007, 12:48 AM
Did you not read my post? I will repeat it here for you: it said

You seem to have twisted it in your post to make it sound like I was seeing the future? Where? I think I said Wait and See. Can you read that?

You compared him to Hewitt in the sense that he will have a downfall similar to his , is that what you meant :rolleyes:

Hahahahah. I am not the one making comparisons!!! I was the one telling you, you cannot!!! If comparisons were valid, then Hewitt and Gasquet's cases would suggest that they were going to have great successes for the rest of their careers.

Nole is and will be better than Gasquet and his career should be longer and steadier than Hewitt because he is bigger, stronger and more offensive minded

And the reason I gave you these stupid comparisions is to highlight for you the irrelevance of your statement that djokovic is going to reverse the H2H because he is better at 19 than Federer ever was. That is irrelevant, and in your choice of words: ignorant!

Roger was owned early by a number of players

And: I never hid that I am pleased to see djokovic lose. I think that was my first post of this thread. I am always very pleased to see him lose to ANYONE!

well you are a hater here and admit that so I'll just laugh at that :wavey: and I will put you in my sig ;)

Merton
03-02-2007, 12:54 AM
Another indifferent day at the office, for both of them.

Langers
03-02-2007, 01:38 AM
Good fight by Novak, he'll get him next time. ;)

Spes
03-02-2007, 01:43 AM
oh novak. you had your chance there and couldn't take it.

Shrinking Violet
03-02-2007, 01:46 AM
Another indifferent day at the office, for both of them.

Yup - but it was a match that Nole had to win. How many times is he going to play against Fed playing that badly? That's what annoyed me most. He had his shot at beating Fed today, of putting a marker down, of backing up his insistance that he is a future world number one, that never mind the future, he is a threat now and he choked it away like he was afraid of winning it. :smash:

Ach - I'm just a bit pissed off about it. I was expecting a Federer smack down like the AO match which, although I love Nole would have been good to watch because everyone has to enjoy Fed on top form. When he came out playing like crap I thought 'fine - never mind, c'mon Nole. This is your match here. Start beating the big guns. Back the confidence up.' And he blows it. I was just pretty disappointed in him today and I know I'm being harsh, but I wanted to see him do more today when I saw the way Fed was playing.

Langers
03-02-2007, 01:47 AM
Roger should buy Nole a beer and thank him for that collapse at 3-4 down in the final set when Nole served and was broken to love. He played a terrible game. For all his bluster, Nole doesn't yet believe he can beat Federer and he proved it right there.
;)
It could have ended here and a dejected Djokovic knows it as he analysed the 6-3, 6-7, 6-4 verdict. "I started to believe in the victory in the deciding set," he said. ''I felt he was beatable. He is human after all.

disturb3d
03-02-2007, 01:59 AM
"I don’t trust his injuries, you know," Federer said after dispatching Djokovic, 6-3, 6-2, 6-3, in Switzerland's Davis Cup World Group victory over Serbia last September. "I’m serious. I think he’s a joke, you know, when it comes down to his injuries. The rules are there to be used, not abused. He’s been doing it many times, that’s why I wasn’t happy to see him doing that and running around like a rabbit again. It was a good handshake. I was happy to beat him."

ezekiel
03-02-2007, 02:09 AM
The fact of the matter is that, even though Fed played really quite erratically and downright poorly at times, Nole still couldn't beat him. It was Fed's mistakes that let him back into the match (+ a netcord here and there!). In fact Fed has been away with the birdies for much of this week, and I'm wondering if he has a little problem with motivation at the moment.

As to Nole's potential, there's no doubt that he's a fine young player, but who's to know whether he will improve enough legitimately to challenge the top top players, and become one himself? There's really no point in comparing the progress made by Fed or Nadal or whomever else since they were 19 - everybody's different, as they say. Fed took off into the stratosphere when he was 21/22-ish. Nadal is sort of hanging fire at the moment, if not going backwards. Nalbandian owned Federer when they were 18/19 - where is he now? You might as well throw bits of paper up in the air in a stiff breeze and predict where they're going to land.

Roger played great and said as much but Nole made a lot of silly mistakes and served poorly

http://www.inside-tennis.net/index.php?action=news&id=2484
"Not only do I hit winners, but I also make the other guy make mistakes so he's not quite sure what he's getting", Federer said. "Its always been my biggest strength being able to mix it up and play with my strength. Today was really the first day that I felt I was playing well at this tournament, so that is promising for tomorrow."

Federerhingis
03-02-2007, 04:54 AM
he won ugly... yuk...

Maybe he just took to reading Brad's book? :tape:

Curiosity did kill the cat as the rumor goes, perhaps he's not feline deep down. :lol:

R.Federer
03-02-2007, 05:35 AM
well you are a hater here and admit that so I'll just laugh at that and I will put you in my sig

I appreciate it :)

Too bad your repugnant comment about all Arabs being savage people was deleted by the mods in the Dubai thread, or I would have gladly repaid the compliment. ;) Ironic, someone making a grossly hateful comment like that about all Muslims is going to pontificate about who is a hater. Hahahaha. :lol:

Only two players I very clearly and openly dislike, both for unsportsmanlike behavior, nicolas kiefer relating primarily to his racket-throwing idiocy and djokovic, for too many petulant reasons to list. Nothing to do with their tennis ability.

vincayou
03-02-2007, 09:16 AM
Hahahahah. I am not the one making comparisons!!! I was the one telling you, you cannot!!! If comparisons were valid, then Hewitt and Gasquet's cases would suggest that they were going to have great successes for the rest of their careers.

Gasquet's career is over? :lol: Is he 20 or 30, I can't remember. And to answer to ezekiel, novak is not better (or worse), so far their result are quite similar.

oz_boz
03-02-2007, 09:37 AM
Well done getting the win after losing the TB in that way. But the TB streak is ended at 15 one short of Sampras 16 that still stands. :(

Haas next :scared:

tcorinna
03-02-2007, 09:47 AM
Good fight by Novak, he'll get him next time. ;)

:haha: :haha: :haha:

ezekiel
03-02-2007, 01:13 PM
I appreciate it :)

Too bad your repugnant comment about all Arabs being savage people was deleted by the mods in the Dubai thread, or I would have gladly repaid the compliment. ;) Ironic, someone making a grossly hateful comment like that about all Muslims is going to pontificate about who is a hater. Hahahaha. :lol:

What does that have to do with this thread , please keep on topic , you must not have run out of arguments already , did you? Or misrepresent my views on another topic :rolleyes:

Only two players I very clearly and openly dislike, both for unsportsmanlike behavior, nicolas kiefer relating primarily to his racket-throwing idiocy and djokovic, for too many petulant reasons to list. Nothing to do with their tennis ability.

Nole is a good guy and very ambitous but he won't be liked by all and that's your prorogative especially if he fulfills his potential and starts to become an elite player winning big tournaments

R.Federer
03-02-2007, 02:26 PM
What does that have to do with this thread , please keep on topic , you must not have run out of arguments already , did you? Or misrepresent my views on another topic :rolleyes:

That has a lot to do with this your post and what you wrote. :)

And don't think posters don't remember what you wrote. I will gladly repeat for everyone to see : you posted on the Dubai thread ( a comment which was so offensive, it had the mods CLOSE the thread) that all Arabs were of a savage civilization, and the context you wrote it in is that they deserved what they were getting. There is no misrepresentation at ALL! Soraya's and other posters' follow up comments are still on the thread, for everyone to see :)

If you are going to tell me that I'm a hater, I think you should probably take a look deep within yourself to understand where your type of statement comes from. A deep love, I presume ;)

Ariadne
03-02-2007, 04:05 PM
Arabs are a tribal society with propensity to savage itself and its neighblors. That's not all bad as far as I am concerned . That's not hate but an educated opinion. I am wasting my time with you, you are too self righteous and immature

:retard:

An "educated" opinion you bigot!? Let me offer mine: The Jews are a pan-national group that functions in a way that lets them act as parasites in the nations that have given them shelter.

R.Federer
03-02-2007, 04:43 PM
Gasquet's career is over? :lol: Is he 20 or 30, I can't remember. And to answer to ezekiel, novak is not better (or worse), so far their result are quite similar.

No, it certainly is not over. That was exacty my point to the All-Arabs-are-savage peace loving ezekiel. You cannot make a statement about any player, by comparing what they are doing at an early age to some completely unrelated player and what they did at an early age.

Because if you did, then EVERY player would have the same trajectory. Sampras had success at an early age, and continued to have huge successes later on in life. Chang was the opposite. Every player has his own way of peaking, developing and maturing. So to make the statement that djokovic is better now than Federer was at 19 and use that to suggest it is going to let him reverse the H2H is just ignorance

TennisLurker
03-02-2007, 04:56 PM
Chang had success later in his life, he was number 2 in 1996 and 1997, he just didnt win another slam after RG 1989

R.Federer
03-02-2007, 05:01 PM
Chang had success later in his life, he was number 2 in 1996 and 1997, he just didnt win another slam after RG 1989

True, but not many people in the general population measure success by reaching Number 2 and winning other tournaments which are not slams. The standards are probably unfairly different for people who win a slam early, they are expected to produce again and even they themselves are unlikely to think of themselves as successful if they don't recapture that form. Most people will not give roddick the praise for consistently being in the top 10 and label him one-slam-wonder if he should retire without winning another slam.

In Michael's case, even the USTA somewhat embarrassed itself by hastily putting together a farewell for Michael, on the heels of the big do they had previously for Sampras.

Champion number 1
03-02-2007, 09:42 PM
Federer loses a tie-break and he still wins :)

DrJules
03-02-2007, 09:57 PM
Good effort Nole :hatoff:

Tommy will finish the job in the Semi's :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

DrJules
03-02-2007, 10:09 PM
so you want to prove I am a hater instead of offering anything substantive to this thread.

And I said Arabs are a tribal society with propensity to savage itself and its neighblors. That's not all bad as far as I am concerned . That's not hate but an educated opinion. I am wasting my time with you, you are too self righteous and immature

:retard:

An "educated" opinion you bigot!? Let me offer mine: The Jews are a pan-national group that functions in a way that lets them act as parasites in the nations that have given them shelter.

Encapsulates the problems in the middle east perfectly. Two groups, Jews and Muslims, who continually fail to show respect to each other and treat each other like dirt. No wonder there is no peace in the middle east. If both groups acted like civilised members of the human race we might have peace and harmony. Is it too much to ask!!!

vincayou
03-03-2007, 12:10 AM
let's not start a argument over this sensitive subject that is Israel-Palestine and the whole islamism problem, we are on a tennis forum. There is the non tennis section for that.