Who is the more beloved Argentine tennis player by its people ? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Who is the more beloved Argentine tennis player by its people ?

Tennis-Engineer
03-01-2007, 04:10 PM
http://www.derf.com.ar/imgnoticias/133115_2722007_tenistas%2047.jpg

This was the title of an article in an argentine website.The original article: http://www.derf.com.ar/despachos.asp?cod_des=133115&ID_Seccion=31.
This article is talking about the reactions of the public during the Buenosairean ATP and some questions about these reactions.It asks that The affection comes from the charisma or the results? There were booings for Gaudio and applause for Nalbandian and Cañas.

LocoPorElTenis
03-01-2007, 04:36 PM
I would say Nalbo because of his results, especially in DC.
Coria and Gaudio are equally loved and hated.
Cañas is very much liked for his fighting spirit but it's not in the same class as Nalbo.
JMDP is still too young and relatively unknown.

RickDaStick
03-01-2007, 04:41 PM
Argies love cheaters so probably Canas or Coria.

jayjay
03-01-2007, 04:43 PM
Argies love cheaters so probably Canas or Coria.

Do us all a favour and top yourself. :wavey:

RickDaStick
03-01-2007, 04:44 PM
Do us all a favour and top yourself. :wavey:

:wavey:

jayjay
03-01-2007, 04:45 PM
http://www.derf.com.ar/imgnoticias/133115_2722007_tenistas%2047.jpg

This was the title of an article in an argentine website.The original article: http://www.derf.com.ar/despachos.asp?cod_des=133115&ID_Seccion=31.
This article is talking about the reactions of the public during the Buenosairean ATP and some questions about these reactions.It asks that The affection comes from the charisma or the results? There were booings for Gaudio and applause for Nalbandian and Cañas.

I don't know what the outcome will be of the Argentine MTF'ers in totality. But the answer has to be Nalbandian in terms of performance, he has carried us in DC for 18 or so months when others we expected performances from were crumbling all around.

He's the best in terms of results also across the board.

lau
03-01-2007, 04:49 PM
The infobae poll is stupid, and as I said in the other thread about it, the question is who do you think is the most beloved player. In that case I would chose Nalbandian (as most voters).
But if the question would be about who is your most beloved player I, and a lot of people, would answer differently.
I don´t think David wouldn´t keep the Nº1 spot, but other players would have more votes...., at least that´s what I speculate. :p It´s a whole world of difference.
As it is, it doesn´t say much. It would be more interesting if they asked for the 'voters' opinions about the players and not about the "player´s people" :rolleyes:

shotgun
03-01-2007, 04:59 PM
I used to read the Argie press a lot, and I'd say it used to be Coria until his DF crisis, now it surely is Nalbandian, especially after the TMC title and his heroic Davis Cup performances.

Gaudio never got the same respect as these two, not even when he won Roland Garros.

Chucho, Calleri, Canas, Zabaleta, etc. are popular but not in the same league of popularity as the above mentioned.

They don't talk much about Chela.

Monaco had a bit of hype when he first came up and started winning ATP matches, but now it has cooled down.

Del Potro is still on the way up.

jayjay
03-01-2007, 05:15 PM
:wavey:

ps. Is that a fat Vincent Cassell from La Haine in your avatar? :)

BATES
03-01-2007, 05:59 PM
Coria, Cañas and now Del Potro... in that order.
Both Willys are real fighters in the court

Bloodletting
03-01-2007, 06:05 PM
Vilas ;)

lorenz
03-01-2007, 07:20 PM
Vilas (retired)

Nalbandian

Cañas
Coria :retard:
Gaudio :retard:
Calleri
Acasuso
Chela
Zabaleta
Del Potro
Pico Monaco

Jaap
03-01-2007, 07:26 PM
They're all utter idiots.

ExcaliburII
03-01-2007, 07:31 PM
Cañas by far. If you got to watch Cañas matches at Bs As. you would know

Julio1974
03-01-2007, 07:39 PM
Nalbandian by far, especially after his DC performances.

Coria and Gaudio are loved and hated in the same proportion. At the peak of their career I think both were more appreciated than Nalbandian but now ....

Acasuso and Calleri are really nice guys but a bit unknown for those who don't follow tennis.

LocoPorElTenis
03-01-2007, 08:14 PM
They're all utter idiots.

Thank you for your constructive, fundamented, well written posts which show that you really know what you're talking about, that you're able to consider special cases without generalizing, that you can perceive shades of gray, and above all that you have a positive attitude towards life and can focus on the positive instead of the negative. You're an example to follow. Thank you.

Julio1974
03-01-2007, 08:43 PM
Thank you for your constructive, fundamented, well written posts which show that you really know what you're talking about, that you're able to consider special cases without generalizing, that you can perceive shades of gray, and above all that you have a positive attitude towards life and can focus on the positive instead of the negative. You're an example to follow. Thank you.

:worship: :worship: