Kevlar Strings [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Kevlar Strings

HKz
03-01-2007, 09:47 AM
Hello everyone, I have a few quick questions.

I'm using a 90 inch head Kawasaki Boron 747 Tennis Racket strung with a combination of Gosen Kevlar and Gosen Natural Gut (? I think natural) and my friend said that Kevlar is a terrible string type (which I've never heard before). But I need Kevlar so that I don't have to keep on restringing (in the past I broke rackets almost daily, even at all the different string tensions). With Kevlar, my rackets will last at least a week, a month if I'm really lucky (but they shred for some reason). Well my question is, are Kevlar strings worth using even if I'm using them for its longitivity? Do Kevlar strings lower any performance?

gaz
03-06-2007, 09:14 AM
yes kevlar will lower the performance of yuor string you woudn't use kevlar excdept for its durability

the best kevlar out there is probably ashaway kevlar if you were looking for a string to improve yuor playability but not lose durability i would try
babolat pro hurricane on the mains and your gut on the crosses
or babolat pro hurricane tour all over

HKz
03-08-2007, 04:19 AM
Does this Babolat Pro Hurricane have good durability? And does it give great feel and a nice through hit? I've never heard of this string, so I need to know.

Thanks

gaz
03-14-2007, 01:33 AM
yes it is a really nice playable string that will last

empressdiver
07-25-2007, 08:18 PM
You should be aware that Kevlar strings are at the extreme end of the stiffness spectrum. Natural gut is the softest, next are nylon strings, then the polyesters, and finally the Kevlar, aramids and other exotic materials.

You get the most touch and feel with natural gut and the least with Kevlar strings. I don't think even the touring pros break strings nearly as frequently as you do. A pro will probably lose the point almost every time he breaks a string, and the difference in points won between winning and losing is usually close.

It might be worthwhile to have a teaching pro look at your strokes and racquets to solve this problem. You may also need to have your racquets strung by another stringer. Kinks in the string as the racquet is being strung can weaken the string.