Indian Wells Court speed??? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Indian Wells Court speed???

supertommyhaas
03-01-2007, 03:12 AM
Just wandering what time of hard court Indian Wells is??? Is it more like the Aus open or the US Open???

Fee
03-01-2007, 03:13 AM
:secret: (wondering, type) :)

It's a medium hard court, not as slow as Aus Open/Miami, not as fast as USOpen. They might have resurfaced and changed it this year, but haven't seen any articles making that claim yet.

Deboogle!.
03-01-2007, 03:14 AM
Court speed isn't usually the biggest factor there anyway. With the wind and desert air, balls can fly, can be tough conditions, especially on the outer courts.

supertommyhaas
03-01-2007, 03:16 AM
Court speed isn't usually the biggest factor there anyway. With the wind and desert air, balls can fly, can be tough conditions, especially on the outer courts.

So in other words the Weather will not suit Tommy Haas!!!!

Johnny Groove
03-01-2007, 03:17 AM
o please, Deb and Fee. you guys are too scientific. the only true way of determining court speed is to look at the player results. if nadal can get to the semis, its obviously a slow court.

Lee
03-01-2007, 03:20 AM
o please, Deb and Fee. you guys are too scientific. the only true way of determining court speed is to look at the player results. if nadal can get to the semis, its obviously a slow court.

Your cynism doesn't match your age. ;)

Johnny Groove
03-01-2007, 03:21 AM
Your cynism doesn't match your age. ;)

i love you too :kiss:

Deboogle!.
03-01-2007, 06:06 AM
So in other words the Weather will not suit Tommy Haas!!!!Um, I don't know?
o please, Deb and Fee. you guys are too scientific. the only true way of determining court speed is to look at the player results. if nadal can get to the semis, its obviously a slow court.:haha: Well, in my opinion after having been there last year I would say it plays on the slower side for hardcourts. It just doesn't have the bounce of the AO or Miami. i believe it's still a Decoturf court, though obviously not laid the same as at the USO or the summer HC events. I mean I'd say it's a pretty equal, fair, reasonably-paced court. :shrug: :scratch:

Fee
03-01-2007, 06:20 AM
So in other words the Weather will not suit Tommy Haas!!!!

Haven't seen a weather forecast for next week yet. Just depends how he's feeling, but he's played well there in the past and he could do it again with a decent draw (and a good night's sleep).

Deboogle!.
03-01-2007, 06:29 AM
Haven't seen a weather forecast for next week yet. Just depends how he's feeling, but he's played well there in the past and he could do it again with a decent draw (and a good night's sleep).Last I checked (earlier tonight), 90F over the first weekend

|:.

zicofirol
03-01-2007, 07:16 AM
Last I checked (earlier tonight), 90F over the first weekend

|:.

:mad: , I was there last year for the first or second day and it was 40 degrees with like 20+ mph winds :mad:

nobama
03-01-2007, 12:13 PM
o please, Deb and Fee. you guys are too scientific. the only true way of determining court speed is to look at the player results. if nadal can get to the semis, its obviously a slow court.:p Are you not aware of Dubai? Fed said it was faster than TMC and some here say it looks to be playing faster than last year.

kundalini
03-01-2007, 03:13 PM
Court is medium paced. The conditions make it fast when it happens to be sunny with a clear sky and no wind. Last year overcast, very windy, so it played very slowly more like Miami.

Deboogle!.
03-01-2007, 03:57 PM
:mad: , I was there last year for the first or second day and it was 40 degrees with like 20+ mph winds :mad:Yeah, can't we have a happy medium of 75 and partly cloudy this year??? :ras:

t0x
03-01-2007, 04:40 PM
Medium Paced court + Typically Warm Conditions = Fast-ish Hardcourt

nobama
03-01-2007, 07:19 PM
Last I checked (earlier tonight), 90F over the first weekend

|:.I will be there so I hope you're right. :D