Where can i get good statistics?? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Where can i get good statistics??

FluffyYellowBall
02-28-2007, 07:55 PM
I want to get statistics on serve placement and percentage of points won by where the serve was placed. They get them suring matches but i cant get them for old matches. Do u know what i mean??:confused:

R.Federer
02-28-2007, 08:15 PM
You can check to see if, for the slams anyway, you can download the IBM software. I'm sure the slam site people will also sell it to you (if they do, please tell me how much they're asking, I'm interested too)

FluffyYellowBall
02-28-2007, 08:25 PM
I forgot to say, excuse m computer ignorance! What r u refering to when u say slam site people and downloading ibm software?

R.Federer
02-28-2007, 08:35 PM
I forgot to say, excuse m computer ignorance! What r u refering to when u say slam site people and downloading ibm software?

Point tracker,I think that is what it is called, it's a feature on I think all the slam sites (australianopen.org, usopen.org, wimbledon.org and whatever the french open site is ff roland something ).

I saw a presentation of economics research on tennis, where the authors had got the data point by point by buying it from Point tracker.

FluffyYellowBall
02-28-2007, 08:51 PM
Thanks.. I'll see what i cn get with point tracker so i hope i find it

RickDaStick
02-28-2007, 08:57 PM
Point Tracker is free by that way for the slams.

R.Federer
02-28-2007, 08:59 PM
Point Tracker is free by that way for the slams.

I think that's only during the tournament.

Thereafter, the data are removed (although I have heard that if you install the point tracker or some other IBM software on your hard drive, the data are actually downloaded and saved on some files).

FluffyYellowBall
02-28-2007, 09:01 PM
http://www.usopen.org/en_US/ibmrealtime/index.html

im on this ibm scoring options page on the us open site but i think its completely wrong. Can u help me get the link?

R.Federer
02-28-2007, 09:04 PM
http://www.usopen.org/en_US/ibmrealtime/index.html

im on this ibm scoring options page on the us open site but i think its completely wrong. Can u help me get the link?

I'm sorry FYB, I don't think the archived data are present on that site. You could try to email a contact on that site, and ask if you could have the data for specific matches. (Again, if you hear from them, I am also interested. I will pay).

R.Federer
02-28-2007, 09:06 PM
Separately, if you want some other serve statistics, placement, etc. you can get them.

Launch IBM On demand scoreboard
Click on a match
Click on serve stats and you can see Ad, Body, fastest, etc.
Not quite what you want, but maybe it is useful for something.

FluffyYellowBall
02-28-2007, 09:10 PM
I'll take a look at that page tomorrow morning as its getting late. I'll try to e-mail someone tom so i'll let u know. thanks again