Nadal def Andreev 6-2 3-6 7-6(2)....Haters made to wait another day [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Nadal def Andreev 6-2 3-6 7-6(2)....Haters made to wait another day

adee-gee
02-28-2007, 07:33 PM
Pretty good match from both players :yeah:

Credit to Andreev, he played well and came up with some big shots. Rafa was pretty patchy but good fight to come from a break down early in the 3rd. Then he played a pretty faultless tie break to take the match :hatoff:

Still too many unforced errors from Rafa when he's not even going for big shots, I fear for him against Youzhny.

Also, did anyone notice the Rafatard in the pink suit?!? :spit:

TheBoiledEgg
02-28-2007, 07:35 PM
Igor with more matches would have won
great 3rd set :)

Igor so close :sad: :( :(

scoobs
What a wonderful match - especially in that final set.

RickDaStick
Rafa beats the #139 ranked player in the world in the 3rd set tiebreak and the rafatards are having a circle jerk? AMAZING

PoderShileno
02-28-2007, 07:36 PM
expected win

vamos¡¡

Fergie
So close Igor :bigcry:

scarecrows
if Youzhny plays like he has done lately and doesnt feel tiredness shouldnt be a problem for him winning

yana
Good work, Rafa!

:bigclap:

Bremen
02-28-2007, 07:37 PM
If Igor does this well against Nadal what do you think about Youzhny??

sondraj06
yeah my baby barely pulled this one out. But I have to disagree with the if they had more games andreevs would have won, rafa is the king of 5 setters, he would have handled andreevs in 5. This was definitely his best chance against rafa.

ExcaliburII
Rafa beats the #139 ranked player in the world in the 3rd set tiebreak and the rafatards are having a circle jerk? AMAZING

do you know why he is ranked 139?
STFU

trisco
What a wonderful match - especially in that final set.

Def great match to watch. :D

Are you Scoobs from the BBC by any chance? Part of the mafia? :devil:

Pfloyd
Rafa will beat Youzhny.

scarecrows
02-28-2007, 07:38 PM

:haha:

*imagines Adam, Blaze, Agassi's no.1 clown and the others in a circle jerk*

adee-gee
02-28-2007, 07:39 PM
Yes, yes we are :cool:

We've recruited a new member, the lady in the pink suit who was in the crowd :worship:

ChinoRios4Ever
rafa :woohoo:

now get revenge of misha

RickDaStick
do you know why he is ranked 139?
STFU

yes i do but in his only other hardcourt matches this year, he got thumped by spadea and bennetteu. Not an impressive win.

the answer
02-28-2007, 07:40 PM
yeah my baby barely pulled this one out. But I have to disagree with the if they had more games andreevs would have won, rafa is the king of 5 setters, he would have handled andreevs in 5. This was definitely his best chance against rafa.

sondraj06
02-28-2007, 07:40 PM
O.K the fed jerks make me get cocky, when and i mean when he wipes the floor with youzney I'll have my time laughing my ass off.

t0x
02-28-2007, 07:41 PM
Too soon for Igor. He needs more match practice. He certainly has a game to trouble Rafa....

Good last 2 sets from both players. First set was very :o -ish - errors everywhere from Igor...

Well done to Rafa. He played a great TB in particular, although it was a shame Igor broke a string on match point lol!

Clara Bow
Thank the court system of Travis County Texas for choosing me for jury duty and thank you for not actually chosing me so I could come home, skip work (after 60 hour workweeks I will take the whole freaking day) so I could watch this.

Fun, fun, fun in the last set.

Glad to see Igor playing well again. Glad to see Rafa showing the heart that he hasn't showed for a while. And a few s-v shots too!

I think Misha-Rafa could be a great match. I don't care who wins. Will be happy for the winner, sad for the loser. For all the Nadal haters who were whining that Nadal is so lucky and has a cakewalk draw- I wonder if you have seen Youzhny actually play lately.

scarecrows

he said 'Igor with more matches', which means that if Igor had played more matches on hard this year he would have better chances of winning

Andre♥
And people said Nadal would win this match 6:2 6:1...

Andreev is a good player and he had Nadal on the ropes, when he was leading 1-0 and serving in the last set...

Andre'sNo1Fan
IVAN = 1 ROUND AO DEFEAT :haha:

Leo
I hope Misha kicks his ass in the next round to avenge his buddy! Vamos Mishgun. :bounce:

Poor Igor keeps getting so close but losing tight matches. It was Chela last week and now Nadal. I also don't understand his ridiculous scheduling so far this season, going all over the world and changing surfaces. But this is definitely a big step in his comeback, coming so close against world #2. :)

GlennMirnyi

You have to understand that they have no other reasons... :lol:

oschemi
02-28-2007, 07:42 PM
O.K the fed jerks make me get cocky, when and i mean when he wipes the floor with youzney I'll have my time laughing my ass off.

Wipes the floor with Youhzny? LOL
I am a rafa fan but he barely beat Andreev!

sondraj06
he said 'Igor with more matches', which means that if Igor had played more matches on hard this year he would have better chances of winning

Maybe he wouldn't of, but lucky we'll never know

tochilka
what a tension..i am shivering
that lady in pink was hilarious!:D

great match for both players!
i wanted Igor to win so much..it was close btw...stupid mistakes and net!

Apemant

Did you see the match? Andreev actually played very good, had by far more winners than Rafa but also much more UEs. And boy, that dude has the craziest heavy topspin FH I've ever seen... uses every opportunity to run around the ball and hit inside-out FH even though his backhand isn't SO bad. Really an interesting guy...

sondraj06
02-28-2007, 07:43 PM

hey look, wipes the floor with youzney. can I get a smiley with a broom in here.

GlennMirnyi
IVAN = 1 ROUND AO DEFEAT :haha:

Which is the 1 round? Does having only two brain cells make it harder to write?

cmurray
#139 is deceptive. I don't know if you watched the match, Ivan, but Igor played MUCH better than #139. It was a good win for Rafa.

He really held it together there at the end. It was a job well done.

Bremen

The only way he wipes the floor is if Youzhny is not at full strength. Which sad to say, may turn out to be the case.

Andre'sNo1Fan
02-28-2007, 07:45 PM
Which is the 1 round? Does having only two brain cells make it harder to write?
2 is 1 more than 1 my friend.

scoobs
02-28-2007, 07:45 PM
Def great match to watch. :D

Are you Scoobs from the BBC by any chance? Part of the mafia? :devil:
I used to be on the BBC website last year around this time...did some predictions contests.

RonE
02-28-2007, 07:46 PM
Congrats to Rafa. Pulled out a tight win. Now we will see what happens in the next round.

Hopefully Igor has softened him up enough for Youzhny to deliver the fatal blow :D

Clara Bow
02-28-2007, 07:46 PM

I was expecting that a member of MTF would fail to comment that Igor has been out for injury for ages and just dismiss his play because of he current ranking. Thanks for not disappointing.

He was around 25 or so before his injury. Was out for ages. The current ranking does not always tell the sign. Geeze folks- this happened to Tommy and Marat- and yet no one denies their talent.

I just wish sometimes folks placed a little bit more actual context about the ratings before they sneer the player with attached ratings away.

This is not a prop for Nadal- rather- please give some respect to Igor. Did you actually see some of his play. Some incredible forehands, etc. ?

sondraj06
02-28-2007, 07:47 PM
How do players get to be in the top 10, by being better every year. Just because rafa had trouble with andreev doesn't mean that andreev isn't a good player. who knows by this time next year andreevs migh be making a run for the top 10. Then we'll have every prophet on MTF saying they knew it when he almost beat rafa in Dubai.

scarecrows
02-28-2007, 07:48 PM
wow, Andre's no.1 clown is here

I though he went to hide himself after starting that wonderful thread about Igor not being able to pass a ball on the other side of the net

scoobs
Why are people blethering about Andreev's ranking? He was out for 6 months last season and lost a lot of points and is starting to rebuild.

He was up to the top 20 before his injury and played very much like it today - this was a very good test for Rafa and he got through it :yeah:

mays
:lol: the lady in pink went completely spastic @ the end. i was frightenend

well done to rafa, ( im not a fan but.. ) this will probably do wonders for his confidence, anywho, isnt Igor the last person who beat him on clay?? i dont think any amateur can do that!! so big ups to him, he put up a great fight.
this match could have gone either way (clearly shown by the scoreboard) and rafa should be happy to get through.

although Youzhny beat him @ the open, i still see nadal as the favourite.

GlennMirnyi
2 is 1 more than 1 my friend.

That's the number of winners Nadal can hit in a match? :lol:

"serving isn't tennis". You shouldn't even be answered to.

Andre'sNo1Fan
02-28-2007, 07:49 PM
wow, Andre's no.1 clown is here

I though he went to hide himself after starting that wonderful thread about Igor not being able to pass a ball on the other side of the net
Yeah what happened to that thread.

cmurray
02-28-2007, 07:49 PM
Congrats to Rafa. Pulled out a tight win. Now we will see what happens in the next round.

Hopefully Igor has softened him up enough for Youzhny to deliver the fatal blow :D

In the mood for some bacon? ;)

I dunno, Ron. I think Rafa has a shot at Misha this time.

adee-gee
02-28-2007, 07:50 PM
Glenn are you a little bit upset that Rafa won so you come to start an argument? :awww:

mallorn
02-28-2007, 07:50 PM
Very good win for Rafa. :yippee:

I don't care what Andreev is ranked, that was brutal hitting. The clowns who always go on about match-ups suddenly bring up ranking. :haha:

Rafa should take confidence from this, finally a big hitter beaten. He looked down and out at the beginning of the third set and I bet hatas where looking for recipes then. :rolleyes: He came back strong and didn't panic. :yeah:

Misha will be extremely difficult to beat, of course.

Andre'sNo1Fan
02-28-2007, 07:51 PM
That's the number of winners Nadal can hit in a match? :lol:

"serving isn't tennis". You shouldn't even be answered to.
:haha: Only those who can volley can be classed as having talent. Maybe you're the one who shouldn't be answered to.

Blue Heart24
Misha will take him out

sondraj06
Glenn is always upset when rafa wins. as you can see yesterday when rafa had a very convincing win over baggy he had very little to say. But today o.k rafa struggled a bit, and it's the end of his tennis career. He sucks, andreev is a loser and that's the only reason rafa beat him. Don't deny Glenn the little joy he has in life.

GlennMirnyi
02-28-2007, 07:52 PM
Why are people blethering about Andreev's ranking? He was out for 6 months last season and lost a lot of points and is starting to rebuild.

He was up to the top 20 before his injury and played very much like it today - this was a very good test for Rafa and he got through it :yeah:

Yeah, is that why he lost to Spadea?

If you need a 3rd set TB to defeat a guy that was thumped in straights by Spadea, you can't be playing well.

shotgun
02-28-2007, 07:53 PM
Good match by Andreev, considering how many people were dismissing his chances before the match.

scarecrows
Yeah what happened to that thread.

well, mods try to clean the garbage

GlennMirnyi
Glenn are you a little bit upset that Rafa won so you come to start an argument? :awww:

You're gettin' famous, read my signature.

:haha: Only those who can volley can be classed as having talent. Maybe you're the one who shouldn't be answered to.

Coria is the most talented player of the world. :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

RonE
02-28-2007, 07:54 PM
In the mood for some bacon? ;)

I dunno, Ron. I think Rafa has a shot at Misha this time.

Sadly, I agree.

But in reality he has a shot against everyone- no match is a foregone conclusion.

sondraj06
02-28-2007, 07:55 PM
Can anyone talk to me about the way rafa played, all hate aside. Did he play like yesterday, did he give up a little. Did he come into net as much. The game people the game. thanx

adee-gee
02-28-2007, 07:55 PM
If you need a 3rd set TB to defeat a guy that was thumped in straights by Spadea, you can't be playing well.
Am I wrong in thinking Federer dropped a set against Pless, who not only was bagelled by the joke of a tennis player Andy Murray, he also lost in straight sets to Phillip Simmonds. Federer is clearly awful.

GlennMirnyi
02-28-2007, 07:56 PM
Sadly, I agree.

But in reality he has a shot against everyone- no match is a foregone conclusion.

Unless this someone is called James Blake. Then he's bitchslapped. :lol:

Apemant
#139 is deceptive. I don't know if you watched the match, Ivan, but Igor played MUCH better than #139. It was a good win for Rafa.

It's more than deceptive; Igor was in top 30 before he got injured. And he sure played like top 30, if not better.

nanoman
Nice to see Nadal given a taste of his own medicine(heavy balls to his backhand). Too bad Nadal serves too well giving Igor no chance to dictate points on the return games.

Btw Very awesome clutchbackhand by Nadal saving his @ss on 0-1 gamepoint down, which left me tearing my hairs out in frustration.

Pfloyd
Misha is a extremely good player, he has loads of talent and whatnot, but he is not a bad matchup for Rafa. He will be very tough, but Rafa can, and has beaten Misha before.

Or Levy
Good match, even though I watched it without a sound and from work, eek. I took a cab home just in time for the tie-break, here's 7 dollars I'll never see again :)

I was rooting for Rafa at the end, I am a Roger fan, but I like the kid, I really do.

Though the ass-picking HAS to stop, those pants are all wrong for him, I don't know why he wears them.

Good match, I knew Rafa would take the tie break.

GlennMirnyi
02-28-2007, 07:57 PM
Am I wrong in thinking Federer dropped a set against Pless, who not only was bagelled by the joke of a tennis player Andy Murray, he also lost in straight sets to Phillip Simmonds. Federer is clearly awful.

Yeah, he's awful, that's why he has 10 GS... :lol:

{Annie}
02-28-2007, 07:58 PM
This match was everything I wanted it to be except for the outcome, but that was some brutal and at times magnificent tennis!!!

Igor my boy, amazing fight :bowdown:

Congrats Rafa but this is where it ends. Teddy Bear killah coming to get ya :lol:

GlennMirnyi
02-28-2007, 07:58 PM
Misha is a extremely good player, he has loads of talent and whatnot, but he is not a bad matchup for Rafa. He will be very tough, but Rafa can, and has beaten Misha before.

Yeah, that's why Youzhny schooled him in the US?

Andre'sNo1Fan
02-28-2007, 07:59 PM
:retard: If you're gonna diss Nadal for going 3 against Andreev, you better put Federer down for only getting pass Pless in 3 sets.

scarecrows
02-28-2007, 07:59 PM
Can anyone talk to me about the way rafa played, all hate aside. Did he play like yesterday, did he give up a little. Did he come into net as much. The game people the game. thanx

1st set Andreev will making a lot of UEs and playing very weak, so rafa was a attacking a lot

2nd set Andreev started playing aggressively and Rafa returned to moonballing but wasnt enough

looked like ANdreev had the match in his hands when he broke in first game of the 3d butRafa broke back and with fighting spirit and the usual moonballing managed to stay in touch and in the TB took advantage of some crazy mistakes from Andreev

sondraj06
02-28-2007, 08:00 PM
Am i wrong but didn't rafa hand youzny his ass back at AO

adee-gee
02-28-2007, 08:01 PM
Ah so your arguments are only valid when you want them to be :yeah:

Out of interest, were you a member of some debating society at school? I imagine you would've been the star man :worship:

cmurray
02-28-2007, 08:01 PM
People are only dismissing Andreev because Rafa beat him. Before the match there were plenty of people who thought he'd actually beat Raf. Because he's a big hitter, and we all know that Rafa can't beat big hitters on HC.

At this point, it doesn't really matter. Rafa won. And if he beats Misha tomorrow, we're going to listen to these bellyachers bemoan the fact that Misha's tired, and if he weren't........

Pfloyd
02-28-2007, 08:02 PM
Yeah, that's why Youzhny schooled him in the US?

You always have to go and intensify your words don't you?

It was a tight match, except for the last set. Youzhny had no clear adavantage for the first 3 sets of play.

Nadal, if you don't remember, was very, very unlucky not to have taken the set from Youhzny on his second set point for the third set.

Congrats to Misha in the match no doubt, but it wasn't a schooling by any means.

Also, if you can remember, Nadal beat Youznhy in the AO of 05 in a 5 setter, and that was before Rafa exploded to the tennis scene.

Naide
02-28-2007, 08:02 PM
:angel: Rafa, good luck against misha

GlennMirnyi
02-28-2007, 08:03 PM
:retard: If you're gonna diss Nadal for going 3 against Andreev, you better put Federer down for only getting pass Pless in 3 sets.

Pless = 86th
Andreev = 139th

If you can't get what I mean just looking at the number, I can tell you: Pless is ranked higher than Andreev.

sondraj06
02-28-2007, 08:04 PM
Pless = 86th
Andreev = 139th

If you can't get what I mean just looking at the number, I can tell you: Pless is ranked higher than Andreev.

The point is did he play like he was ranked 139?

{Annie}

huh ??? Misha lost to Roger at AO :p and Rafa lost to Gonzo

scarecrows
People are only dismissing Andreev because Rafa beat him. Before the match there were plenty of people who thought he'd actually beat Raf. Because he's a big hitter, and we all know that Rafa can't beat big hitters on HC.

At this point, it doesn't really matter. Rafa won. And if he beats Misha tomorrow, we're going to listen to these bellyachers bemoan the fact that Misha's tired, and if he weren't........

I wouldnt consider Igor a real big hitter

he was hitting hard only because that was the only way to beat Rafa

FluffyYellowBall
02-28-2007, 08:05 PM
Good match, even though I watched it without a sound and from work, eek. I took a cab home just in time for the tie-break, here's 7 dollars I'll never see again :)

I was rooting for Rafa at the end, I am a Roger fan, but I like the kid, I really do.

Though the ass-picking HAS to stop, those pants are all wrong for him, I don't know why he wears them.

Hey the fist pumps have stopped right? He cant stop it all at once;) Although i reall miss the fist pumps, i think he noticed how much energy he wastes on them...

adee-gee
Pless = 86th
Andreev = 139th

Spadea = 71. If rankings are all that are important, why diss Vinnie Ice then slag off Andreev? :scratch:

Anyway, I've had enough for tonight, this is getting a bit easy. Quite amazing how many Fedtards feel the need to sprint straight into a thread which clearly has nothing to do with them.

mallorn

Wow, you're a rarity here. :D ;)

It's not the pants' fault though, alas. :lol: I've seen him do it in shorts and tracksuit bottoms too. :rolleyes:

Pfloyd
02-28-2007, 08:06 PM

Yeah, some of these haters are becoming idiotic and downright stupid.

It's okay to have fun, but this is bullshit.

One would think that a site called Men's Tennis Forums would be a site in which people disscused Tennis in a civil manner. As you can see, this does not happen here all the time, especialy whe regarding threads about Federer and especialy Rafa Nadal.

But let them bitch and complain, I mean Rafa will win (or lose) regardless of what these idiots say.

GlennMirnyi
02-28-2007, 08:07 PM
Ah so your arguments are only valid when you want them to be :yeah:

Out of interest, were you a member of some debating society at school? I imagine you would've been the star man :worship:

Your argument that Federer losing a set to Pless, ranked more than 50 positions ahead of Andreev, makes him awful, has a firm ground, right?

You probably missed "logical thought" in school.

Andre'sNo1Fan
Pless = 86th
Andreev = 139th

Andreev - career high ranking - 25, thats his talent level.

What about Pless :lol:

cmurray
Hey the fist pumps have stopped right? He cant stop it all at once;) Although i reall miss the fist pumps, i think he noticed how much energy he wastes on them...

He'd have been better off keeping the fist pumps and losing the ass picking.

Naide
02-28-2007, 08:08 PM
Yeah, some of these haters are becoming idiotic and downright stupid.

It's okay to have fun, but this is bullshit.

One would think that a site called Men's Tennis Forums would be a site in which people disscused Tennis in a civil manner. As you can see, this does not happen here all the time, especialy whe regarding threads about Federer and especialy Rafa Nadal.

But let them bitch and complain, I mean Rafa will win (or lose) regardless of what these idiots say.

:worship:

sondraj06
02-28-2007, 08:08 PM
Wow, you're a rarity here. :D ;)

It's not the pants' fault though, alas. :lol: I've seen him do it in shorts and tracksuit bottoms too. :rolleyes:

So what, you got gradda pull it out. If my panties are up my ass you best believe i'm pulling it out and I don't care who sees it. And he better not lose the fist pumps. Just the fact that that pisses people off gets me going.

GlennMirnyi
02-28-2007, 08:09 PM
Spadea = 71. If rankings are all that are important, why diss Vinnie Ice then slag off Andreev? :scratch:

Anyway, I've had enough for tonight, this is getting a bit easy. Quite amazing how many Fedtards feel the need to sprint straight into a thread which clearly has nothing to do with them.

Spadea sucks doesn't matter his ranking.

Björki
02-28-2007, 08:10 PM
Rafa :D

Igor :hug:

Andre'sNo1Fan
02-28-2007, 08:10 PM
Your argument that Federer losing a set to Pless, ranked more than 50 positions ahead of Andreev, makes him awful, has a firm ground, right?

You probably missed "logical thought" in school.
Since when did u ever have anything resembling logical thought :lol:

R.Federer
02-28-2007, 08:13 PM
He is ekeing out wins, and that is the best way to get his confidence back. Who here will be truly surprised if we got to the final? Nobody.

RonE
02-28-2007, 08:13 PM

She must mean the 2005 AO. Yes Rafa did win but 6-1,4-6,4-6,7-5,6-3 is hardly getting "your ass handed to you" as you so eloquently put it.

cmurray
02-28-2007, 08:14 PM
Spadea sucks doesn't matter his ranking.

But...but...I thought that rankings WERE what mattered! Gosh, Glenn...your logic astounds, it really does.

sondraj06
02-28-2007, 08:15 PM
She must mean the 2005 AO. Yes Rafa did win but 6-1,4-6,4-6,7-5,6-3 is hardly getting "your ass handed to you" as you so eloquently put it.

and youzny hardly handed rafa his. He was in a noticeable slump by the time us open came about, any one who saw that and said that was good tennis from rafa, come on. It will be a interesting match but he is not going to steem roll rafa.

Clara Bow
02-28-2007, 08:23 PM
looked like ANdreev had the match in his hands when he broke in first game of the 3d butRafa broke back and with fighting spirit and the usual moonballing managed to stay in touch and in the TB took advantage of some crazy mistakes from Andreev

Yes - there may have been some moonballing but I saw at least three S and Vs. There was more than just moonballing here. There was some coming in and playing at the net.

Frankly, as the haters keep dismissing Rafa's win- it is making me angrier on behalf of his opponents. Igor played very well the last two sets. And despite how much GM and others may want to keep posting his current ranking (after being out months for injury) I have to say- he played some great tennis in this match. He was ranked in the 20s before his injury and actually has talent. But of course- the general hatred towards Nadal will negate all of that.

Igor did quite well, even if he did have some hiccups. After his play in Chile- he could be a danger when the clay court swing really gets on.

cmurray
02-28-2007, 08:28 PM
Igor did quite well, even if he did have some hiccups. After his play in Chile- he could be a danger when the clay court swing really gets on.

I agree, Clara Bow. With the way he hits that forehand, he could really be somebody to watch on clay. It might be fun to watch him battle it out with Roger in Paris....

SLICK
02-28-2007, 08:30 PM
Match report and Nadal press conference quotes

http://www.inside-tennis.net/index.php?action=news&id=2480

t0x
02-28-2007, 08:30 PM
The point is did he play like he was ranked 139?

To be fair, Pless played much better than his rank too...

No point arguing though people... you all look silly in the end. Lets just hope both Rafa and Fed get to the final well and healthy, yeah? It's the match we all want...

scoobs
02-28-2007, 08:31 PM
Ummm - to some of these idiots dwelling on Andreev's ranking.

If being the world #139 means you PLAY like the world #139 then HOW DO PEOPLE EVER MOVE UP AND DOWN IN THE RANKINGS????

I'm going to start organising logic classes for some people on this board - attendance COMPULSORY.

FluffyYellowBall
02-28-2007, 08:32 PM
No i dont think the match was in igors hands when he broke in the 3rd set. Its VERY hard to keep the momentum when youve just come back from losing a set, winning the second and simply playing with rythem. He just came back from a terrible injury and facing a top 5 player. I had no doubt he'd have a mental lapse..

RickDaStick
02-28-2007, 08:33 PM
Well obviously there are not 138 players better in the world than andreev but this guy did get thumped in his 2 other hardcourt matches this year by 2 journeyman. I know the rafatards are looking for anything to get excited about but this win isnt it.

victory1
02-28-2007, 08:34 PM
I saw a couple of games online and Andreev was not playing like he was ranked in the 100's. It's a testiment to Nadal that he pulled this off when he was not at his best; that's what makes a great player, being able to win when you're not at your best. That's the difference between a great player and a good player; that killer instinct. I'm not a Nadal fan but I knew when it went to a tiebreaker 3rd set that there's now in hell he would lose. Good job Nadal. I'm also a Roger fan that would love to see both him and Roger make the final. It's good for Roger to play Nadal again in a neutral surface (beside grass or clay) before having to see him on clay.

mallorn
02-28-2007, 08:36 PM
Match report and Nadal press conference quotes

http://www.inside-tennis.net/index.php?action=news&id=2480
Thanks, great report. :D :worship:

Or Levy
02-28-2007, 08:36 PM

I've seen a fist pump...or four.

mallorn
02-28-2007, 08:39 PM

If being the world #139 means you PLAY like the world #139 then HOW DO PEOPLE EVER MOVE UP AND DOWN IN THE RANKINGS????

I'm going to start organising logic classes for some people on this board - attendance COMPULSORY.

Some people seem beyond help. :p

Clara Bow
02-28-2007, 08:40 PM
Well obviously there are not 138 players better in the world than andreev but this guy did get thumped in his 2 other hardcourt matches this year by 2 journeyman. I know the rafatards are looking for anything to get excited about but this win isnt it.

I don't mean this in a smart-ass way, but did you actulaly see the match- at least the last two sets. Igor's forehand was :hearts: for part of it.

R.Federer
02-28-2007, 08:42 PM

I don't think the posters who dwell on his ranking take #139 as anything except as one marker of the gulf between the two players. Ignoring injury-related and other reasons for ranking, would you not be more surprised if the 1000th ranked player defeated a top 10 than if the 11th ranked player defeated a top 10? It is not that illogical, except for the fact that in Andreev's case the ranking is a consequence of injury, not so much quality.

DhammaTiger
02-28-2007, 08:42 PM
Great win for Rafa :woohoo: Vamos Rafa, the Boy Wonder :worship:

*Viva Chile*
02-28-2007, 08:44 PM
Fedtards are arguing about Nadal struggling against the #139 in the world (without considering the reasons of why he is there) and didn't remember that the n°1 player in the world struggled against the #1078 player in the world last year in Tokyo... this is what I call whine only for whine :ras:

sondraj06
02-28-2007, 08:44 PM

You still don't get it. When you watched the match assuming you did, did Andreev play like he was ranked 139 or did he play like some one who could take the number 2 player in the world to a 3rd set tie break, simple question. When Bracciali took roger to 7-5 did he play like a player who could take the worlds number one player to 7-5. When roger dropped a set yesterday did his opponent play like a player who could take a set off of the world's number one player. If andreev played like some one who could take it to the number 2 player in the world, then that is exactly what the score is going to reflect. I would understand if people were saying well Andreev played horrible and took it to Nadal. But that's not what your saying is it. Your saying well he is ranked 139 so Nnadal obviously sucked out there.

So my question again did Andreev play like he is ranked 139 in the world or did he play like some one who could take it to the number 2 player in the world?

RickDaStick
02-28-2007, 08:49 PM
You still don't get it. When you watched the match assuming you did, did Andreev play like he was ranked 139 or did he play like some one who could take the number 2 player in the world to a 3rd set tie break, simple question. When Bracciali took roger to 7-5 did he play like a player who could take the worlds number one player to 7-5. When roger dropped a set yesterday did his opponent play like a player who could take a set off of the world's number one player. If andreev played like some one who could take it to the number 2 player in the world, then that is exactly what the score is going to reflect. I would understand if people were saying well Andreev played horrible and took it to Nadal. But that's not what your saying is it. Your saying well he is ranked 139 so Nnadal obviously sucked out there.

So my question again did Andreev play like he is ranked 139 in the world or did he play like some one who could take it to the number 2 player in the world?

Sure Andreev played well but not fantastic. There is a reason why his career record on hardcourt is under .500. If Andreev played like that vs Fed it was of would be a routine 64 63 win for Federer. Andreev didnt do much today besides bang forehand after forehand. Sure he played well for the most part but not as well as rafa fans are trying to claim.

Johnny Groove
02-28-2007, 08:51 PM

:spit:

i always suspected you would think of such things :lol:

he feels confortable :shrug:

yes i do but in his only other hardcourt matches this year, he got thumped by spadea and bennetteu. Not an impressive win.

And people said Nadal would win this match 6:2 6:1...

Andreev is a good player and he had Nadal on the ropes, when he was leading 1-0 and serving in the last set...

Yeah, is that why he lost to Spadea?

Pless = 86th
Andreev = 139th

indeed. that would be a very high attendance class.

honestly guys, are you really being serious about all this? if Safin is ranked 104 in the world and loses to Wesley fucking Whitehouse, then takes out Federer in the next tourney, no one cries foul. but when Andreev, a top 20 player, and the last player to beat nadal on clay, falls to 139 and loses to Spadea, when Nadal beats him its obviously not a good win. and lets not mention the suzuki deal in tokyo last year.

come on guys, i thought you'd have better bullshit than this. You're losing your touch :awww:

sondraj06
02-28-2007, 08:53 PM
Sure Andreev played well but not fantastic. There is a reason why his career record on hardcourt is under .500. If Andreev played like that vs Fed it was of would be a routine 64 63 win for Federer. Andreev didnt do much today besides bang forehand after forehand. Sure he played well for the most part but not as well as rafa fans are trying to claim.

Well I haven't seen the match, so I can't comment on how he played. But I suspect that andreev will be some trouble for the top players in the future, then people won't be questioning his near wins over top ranked players as much.

rosamunda
02-28-2007, 09:00 PM
I saw a couple of games online and Andreev was not playing like he was ranked in the 100's. It's a testiment to Nadal that he pulled this off when he was not at his best; that's what makes a great player, being able to win when you're not at your best. That's the difference between a great player and a good player; that killer instinct. I'm not a Nadal fan but I knew when it went to a tiebreaker 3rd set that there's now in hell he would lose. Good job Nadal. I'm also a Roger fan that would love to see both him and Roger make the final. It's good for Roger to play Nadal again in a neutral surface (beside grass or clay) before having to see him on clay.

I'm not a Nadal fan either, but I have to admire the way he gutsed it out in that 3rd set. But Igor really did hand it to him on a plate in the tiebreak - crazy errors that I'm sure he would not have made if it hadn't been do or die time. But then, that's what separates the good from the great - the ability to deliver when it really matters......or not as the case may be. Perhaps, if he'd not been out so long with injury, Igor might have had the mental toughness to pull it off - he was certainly playing well enough physically to do so - but he was, and he didn't. It was a great match.

dylan24
02-28-2007, 09:00 PM
nadal survives one russian today only to get taken out by another russian tomorrow

sawan66278
02-28-2007, 09:02 PM
The best way to handle Rafa "critics" (I'm reluctant to call them this out of respect for true logical criticism) is to SIMPLY IGNORE THEIR COMMENTS. Their inherent absence of consistency of thought is manifest evidence of lack of knowledge or reasoning. Mirnyi and those like him would hate Nadal if he won the Nobel Peace Prize and/or discovered the cure for cancer. :rolleyes:

I can just see the comments, "Rafa are not peace prize winner...Rafa are moonballer". Trying to discuss anything in a rational fashion creates a true theatre of the absurd.

Unlike most of the world's problems, these individuals WILL go away if ignored. But if you look at the number of posts they've submitted, it is obvious others fall prey to their meandering attempts at conflict.

Johnny Groove
02-28-2007, 09:04 PM
nadal survives one russian today only to get taken out by another russian tomorrow

how much you gonna wager on Youzhny tomorrow? surely the odds cant be THAT good, considering misha's excellent form of late

Adler
02-28-2007, 09:06 PM
As for the match, after the 1st and a half set I thought it's all over. Rafa had 3 BPs in a row... and the something happened. Igor switched to killer mode and then out of nowhere he broke and won the set. What's more, he was able to break one more time, but he was too erratic and his performance during Rafa's serve was too bad to win. But Rafa's got trouble, no doubt. Yesterday, the wind could be an excuse, but now we see it's sth more. Maybe he just needs to play a bit more to feel his rhytm, we'll see tomorrow I guess

tangerine_dream
02-28-2007, 09:15 PM
Ivantards form a circle jerk whenever Ivan breaks.

RonE
02-28-2007, 09:21 PM
and youzny hardly handed rafa his.

I never said he did. You must have me confused with someone else :angel:

RickDaStick
02-28-2007, 09:23 PM
Ivantards form a circle jerk whenever Ivan breaks.

:) How many points did Roddick win on return the other day again? Wait I remember it was 5 the whole match. Even Ivan couldnt accomplish such a feat.

jenanun
02-28-2007, 09:24 PM
Also, did anyone notice the Rafatard in the pink suit?!? :spit:

the pink lady wore pink last year in dubai final (rafa vs fed).... i think its the person (I got it on disc, let me dig it out and confirm...)

vamos rafa! :bounce:

LinkMage
02-28-2007, 09:25 PM
Nadal barely beats a player whose backhand is non-existant. The only thing Andreev had to do is bang his forehand. Any player with a more complete game would have taken Nadal out today.

Johnny Groove
02-28-2007, 09:25 PM
:) How many points did Roddick win on return the other day again? Wait I remember it was 5 the whole match. Even Ivan couldnt accomplish such a feat.

HEY HEY HEY HEY!!! Roddick vs. Ljubo was LAST WEEK. Rafa bashing is this week! :armed:

sondraj06
02-28-2007, 09:34 PM
Nadal barely beats a player whose backhand is non-existant. The only thing Andreev had to do is bang his forehand. Any player with a more complete game would have taken Nadal out today.

Hum a player like federer. well, we'll see if rafa makes it to the final how far feds complete games gets him.

jazar
02-28-2007, 09:36 PM
wait til they play in clay. then andreev will have him

sondraj06
02-28-2007, 09:42 PM
could ofs, would ofs, should ofs. when, if, then.

All hypothetical statements that hold rafa haters over until the next potential lost.

read the title- HATERS MADE TO WAIT ANOTHER DAY

Peoples
02-28-2007, 09:51 PM

They like to call it the piggy wank.
Clickity clap slickity slap
Wishin they could give that ass a proper spank

musefanatic
02-28-2007, 10:01 PM
Hmm he keeps dropping sets and this was kinda close, he really is in no shape at the moment to challenge Federer i don't think.

All_Slam_Andre
02-28-2007, 10:04 PM
Superb match and well done to both players. Nadal is standing closer to the baseline and looking to attack a lot more. It's very encouraging. Another tough match against Youzhny tomorrow, Andreev did very well and his forehand was blowing Rafa off court in the 2nd set. He's capable of getting back into the top 20. I'm pretty impressed with what I've seen off Rafa over the last two days.

Johnny Groove
02-28-2007, 10:31 PM
wait til they play in clay. then andreev will have him

:spit: Valencia 05 is a LOOOONG time ago

R.Federer
02-28-2007, 10:48 PM

You mean like this kind of civil manner?
Man, Berych is a motherfucker.

You, certainly very civil. :yeah:

Pfloyd
02-28-2007, 11:17 PM
You mean like this kind of civil manner?

You, certainly very civil. :yeah:

Im part Spaniard and he flat out insulted me.

This has nothing to do with Berdych's tennis, nor does it wish he gets injured, nor do I have a specific bashing issue with Berydch.

Don't make shit up. This is not the same issue at all as some Rafa haters have.

Yappa
02-28-2007, 11:18 PM
Nadal-PHM was my favorite match of RG 2006 and this one reminded me of it. Great stuff. :yeah:

Claycourt tennis on (slow) HC.

I think both played pretty well in that 3rd set. No excuses.

Peoples
02-28-2007, 11:26 PM
Im part Spaniard and he flat out insulted me.

This has nothing to do with Berdych's tennis, nor does it wish he gets injured, nor do I have a specific bashing issue with Berydch.

Poor spaniard :sad: he insulted you :sad: he is a very very bad person!:mad:

scoobs
02-28-2007, 11:28 PM
Nadal-PHM was my favorite match of RG 2006 and this one reminded me of it. Great stuff. :yeah:

Claycourt tennis on (slow) HC.

I think both played pretty well in that 3rd set. No excuses.
I know exactly what you mean - especially the way Andreev was whaling on that forehand. It was like a claycourt match played on a hardcourt, both played very deep when in rallies, both loading up the topspin.

Was a great match, one of my favourites so far this year. Nadal vs Murray was another - I think Nadal is a perfect foil for good matches.

sondraj06
02-28-2007, 11:28 PM

well I think he is a very bad person.. and nadal should show him that with his racket of course......up his ass;)

R.Federer
02-28-2007, 11:31 PM

Hey, your posts are there for everyone to see. Nothing has been made up. You asked why there is no civility. Sure it sounds good and all, but practice it a bit yourself before asking it of others. And then all the justifications; he insulted me, it's different when it's against a tennis player, not the same issue, etc.

I have posted both your posts for everyone to read. People are not clueless here. Attempts to deflect are really pointless. Aren't you the same person who bemoaned the creation of yet another Rafa thread on the same day that you promptly went and created one yourself?? So much hypocrisy!

Peoples
02-28-2007, 11:35 PM
well I think he is a very bad person.. and nadal should show him that with his racket of course......up his ass;)

I agree...all I can say about him is...he is just... so BAD!! :o What we gonna do? :awww:

Rafa will show him... just like in Madrid :cool:

Pfloyd
02-28-2007, 11:36 PM
Hey, your posts are there for everyone to see. Nothing has been made up. You asked why there is no civility. Sure it sounds good and all. But practice it a bit yourself before asking it of others. And then all the justifications; he insulted me, it's different when it's against a tennis player, not the same issue, etc.

I have posted both your posts for everyone to read. People are not clueless here. Attempts to deflect are really pointless.

What do you mean don't look for justifications? It is very easy to make your argument seem correct when you pick pocket the things YOU say.

You have to look at the context of what is happening in both situations. In one of these situations, we have a selective group of 10 or so people who hate a player, post useless, insulting and sometimes offensive remarks about a player. This is tiring and can offend some people and annoy others.

The other situation is a situation in which a player insults my country and calls us, in an inderect manner ignorant and fools. It is very diffrent and I have all the right in the world, to call that asshole whatever I want.

So why I practice my civility (because, according to you, I was uncivil to Berdych, when in fact, he was uncivil to me) you should pratice your reasoning.

sondraj06
02-28-2007, 11:38 PM
I agree...all I can say about him is...he is just... so BAD!! :o What we gonna do? :awww:

Rafa will show him... just like in Madrid :cool:

Well tennis is only the first option

Peoples
02-28-2007, 11:41 PM
What do you mean don't look for justifications? It is very easy to make your argument seem correct when you pick pocket the things YOU say.

You have to look at the context of what is happening in both situations. In one of these situations, we have a selective group of 10 or so people who hate a player, post useless, insulting and sometimes offensive remarks about a player. This is tiring and can offend some people and annoy others.

The other situation is a situation in which a player insults my country and calls us, in an inderect manner ignorant and fools. It is very diffrent and I have all the right in the world, to call that asshole whatever I want.

So why I practice my civility (because, according to you, I was uncivil to Berdych, when in fact, he was uncivil to me) you should pratice your reasoning.

But seriously, stop bitching. You're such a woman :rolleyes:

R.Federer
02-28-2007, 11:42 PM
No, to me civility means behaving in a civil manner. Is that not what it means to you? Using the words so and so is a motherfucker usually does not qualify as civil manner. Sure, there are a lot of posters who say things like this, use profanity, and okay, they are free to do so, free speech and all that. However, you will not find those people asking others to then behave in a manner different from theirs. That would be kinda hypocritical don't you think?!

Look at the posters here, GlennMirnyi, ADG, Blaze, and others --- they give it as good as they receive.

If you start looking for contexts, I will find you one on behalf of Tomas as well. His words were said in the context of his bad reception by the Spanish spectators last year. That doesn't excuse it any more than your words and what you say is their context.

Pfloyd
02-28-2007, 11:45 PM
No, to me civility means behaving in a civil manner. Is that not what it means to you? Using the words motherfucker usually does not qualify as civil manner. Sure, there are a lot of posters who say things like this, use profanity, and okay, they are free to do so, free speech and all that. However, you will not find those people asking others to then behave in a manner different from theirs.

Look at the posters here, GlennMirnyi, ADG, Blaze, and others --- they give it as good as they receive.

If you start looking for contexts, I will find you one on behalf of Tomas as well. His words were said in the context of his bad reception by the Spanish spectators last year. That doesn't it excuse it any more than your words and their context.

So I should allow Berdych to insult my country and give him a pat on the back for saying it?

It is not the same thing that these posters, like GlennMirnyi, RonE do. They insult and make fun of a player for the pleasure of annoying others.

I am just defending myself to Berdych's insult.

Look at my other posts, you wont see me insulting a player unnecesarily, or too often. This is a diffrent situation.

I guess we disagree on what the definition of "civility" is.

adee-gee
02-28-2007, 11:46 PM
I know exactly what you mean - especially the way Andreev was whaling on that forehand. It was like a claycourt match played on a hardcourt, both played very deep when in rallies, both loading up the topspin.

Was a great match, one of my favourites so far this year. Nadal vs Murray was another - I think Nadal is a perfect foil for good matches.
You think watching an ass picking, moonballing, unable to hit a winner, badly behaved Spanish monkey plays in good matches? :rolleyes:

R.Federer
02-28-2007, 11:53 PM
If you are so concerned about civility on this forum, and also want to shout back something at Berdych for insulting you, your country, go ahead and say it out loudly what you think about Berdych instead of posting it here. You'd achieve both, right?

Everyone is welcome to defend themselves and behave in any way they choose to on this forum. I am just exposing you for your double standards. You can try twist and turn any of your and my words. I have posted your two posts by each other. I think everyone can understand that it is ludicrous that the same person posted both (and, in which order).

I have nothing further to comment on this matter. Ciao.

So I should allow Berdych to insult my country and give him a pat on the back for saying it?

It is not the same thing that these posters, like GlennMirnyi, RonE do. They insult and make fun of a player for the pleasure of annoying others.

I am just defending myself to Berdych's insult.

Look at my other posts, you wont see me insulting a player unnecesarily, or too often. This is a diffrent situation.

Corey Feldman
02-28-2007, 11:55 PM
Damnit, i left the house when Andreev broke for 1-0 in the third, i was sure i would come home to see a win

and berdy lost as well! :(

congrats on gutsing it out kid

Pfloyd
02-28-2007, 11:57 PM
If you are so concerned about civility on this forum, and also want to shout back something at Berdych for insulting you, your country, go ahead and say it out loudly what you think about Berdych instead of posting it here. You'd achieve both, right?

Everyone is welcome to defend themselves and behave in any way they choose to on this forum. I am just exposing you for your double standards. You can try twist and turn any of your and my words. I have posted your two posts by each other. I think everyone can understand that it is ludicrous that the same person posted both (and, in which order).

I have nothing further to comment on this matter. Ciao.

Alright. It seems all is said and done.

I disagree with your assesment, and I explained myslef as to why I insulted Berdych. Hopefuly somebody who reads both our posts will agree, that I was not out of boundry defending myself to a flat out insult.

This is not what I originaly complained about in this post.

I would not consider uncivil for any poster to defend themselves had another player insulted there respective country, just like Berdych when reffering to Spain.

We'll just have to disagree here.

sondraj06
02-28-2007, 11:57 PM
Damnit, i left the house when Andreev broke for 1-0 in the third, i was sure i would come home to see a win

and berdy lost as well! :(

See Escude it doens't pay to hate. Karma is a bitch, turn your face next time to avoid the sting

scoobs
03-01-2007, 12:00 AM
You think watching an ass picking, moonballing, unable to hit a winner, badly behaved Spanish monkey plays in good matches? :rolleyes:
Damn right :)

Corey Feldman
03-01-2007, 12:19 AM
See Escude it doens't pay to hate. Karma is a bitch, turn your face next time to avoid the stingDont worry Sonny, plenty of time left to see Nadal get his ass handed to him on a plate in this tournament, im a patient guy :devil:

adee-gee
03-01-2007, 12:21 AM
:speakles:

Corey Feldman
03-01-2007, 12:21 AM
You think watching an ass picking, moonballing, unable to hit a winner, badly behaved Spanish monkey plays in good matches? :rolleyes:groundkeeper adee-gee the match up king :rolleyes:

:lol:

Sunset of Age
03-01-2007, 12:25 AM
Not joining in with the hatred, here... :rolleyes:

Well done, Rafa! :worship:
I wasn't able to see the match but I gathered he did well - and after all, a win = a win! And that's all that matters.

Glad he came through, must say I didn't really expect otherwise.

Johnny Groove
03-01-2007, 01:03 AM

:aplot:

groundkeeper adee-gee the match up king :rolleyes:

:spit: im sorry Adam, but this is fucking hilarious :haha:

World Beater
03-01-2007, 01:42 AM

LMAO

Allure
03-01-2007, 03:36 AM
OMG Nadal is so tallleennnted and so hot...he is true #1:worship: :hearts: :inlove:

Corey Feldman
03-01-2007, 03:43 AM
Anymore pics of Gasquet touching his opponents, Orlandofanz? :D

Merton
03-01-2007, 03:46 AM
That was a very interesting match, I knew it would turn after Andreev hit a forehand winner standing 5m behind the baseline when he was down 5-2 and 40-0 in the first set. Big credit to Nadal for hanging in at the 3rd set, it will be very interesting to see them playing on clay later this year.

By the way, I am not sure that Ljubicic fans should be too thrilled if Ivan draws Andreev 1st round at the French Open just because Igor is ranked below 100 at the moment.

Allure
03-01-2007, 03:56 AM
Anymore pics of Gasquet touching his opponents, Orlandofanz? :D

Let me check some tennis slash sites for more.;)

Action Jackson
03-01-2007, 04:03 AM
could ofs, would ofs, should ofs. when, if, then.

All hypothetical statements that hold rafa haters over until the next potential lost.

read the title- HATERS MADE TO WAIT ANOTHER DAY

Just remember that when Nadal loses and you make all the excuses in the world.

Veronique
03-01-2007, 04:26 AM
Let's go Rafaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

rafagirlno1
03-01-2007, 05:18 AM
rafa played verywell yesterday . the second he was a bit rusty and also adreev played very well and lost . but finally in the third set he really showed why he is the king of clay because of his never say die attitude . i expect rafa to reach the final from now on with some straight sets win

:wavey:

GlennMirnyi
03-01-2007, 05:27 AM

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Poor Spaniard.

groundkeeper adee-gee the match up king :rolleyes:

As said by another poster, it's the best avatar of MTF. ;)

RickDaStick
03-01-2007, 05:35 AM
That was a very interesting match, I knew it would turn after Andreev hit a forehand winner standing 5m behind the baseline when he was down 5-2 and 40-0 in the first set. Big credit to Nadal for hanging in at the 3rd set, it will be very interesting to see them playing on clay later this year.

By the way, I am not sure that Ljubicic fans should be too thrilled if Ivan draws Andreev 1st round at the French Open just because Igor is ranked below 100 at the moment.

Well Ivan beat Andreev on clay last year but yea i agree Igor is going to gove the seeded players nightmares before the draw is made.

rafagirlno1
03-01-2007, 05:40 AM
Pless = 86th
Andreev = 139th

yaah but did u see the way adnreev played . he was great yesterday and surpirsed everyone with his game . and tell me if he had played federer the same way wht u think would fed win . i dont think so . atleast rafa was able to win . if a guy can trouble rafa like tht i think he can beat fed too

Primal
03-01-2007, 05:45 AM
I have no voice today, since I lost it cheering for Andreev last night:)

Beautiful match, :hug: Igor and credits to Nadal.
I'd love to see them playing on clay and looking forward to more Igor's matches (and hopefully wins) this year.

GlennMirnyi
03-01-2007, 05:46 AM
yaah but did u see the way adnreev played . he was great yesterday and surpirsed everyone with his game . and tell me if he had played federer the same way wht u think would fed win . i dont think so . atleast rafa was able to win . if a guy can trouble rafa like tht i think he can beat fed too

You're not very smart, are you? Then why Gonzalez lost to Federer? :retard:

Merton
03-01-2007, 05:47 AM
Well Ivan beat Andreev on clay last year but yea i agree Igor is going to gove the seeded players nightmares before the draw is made.

Drawing Puerta on 1st round back in 2005 is enough bad luck for Ivan, hopefully somebody else will have the pleasure of drawing Andreev.

rafagirlno1
03-01-2007, 05:50 AM
You're not very smart, are you? Then why Gonzalez lost to Federer? :retard:

gonzalez chocked and was afraid because fed beat him 8 times or something . and btw i hve said it before nadal was not 100% going into the match because of murray match . the forehand of andreev was deadly and in my books fed would not win a set against a player playing tht well on a given night

GlennMirnyi
03-01-2007, 05:53 AM
gonzalez chocked and was afraid because fed beat him 8 times or something . and btw i hve said it before nadal was not 100% going into the match because of murray match . the forehand of andreev was deadly and in my books fed would not win a set against a player playing tht well on a given night

Your books were written by Gimelstob? :haha:

When Nadal gets to a final again this year outside clay, you come. Excuses won't make him win anything. :lol:

RickDaStick
03-01-2007, 05:55 AM

Rafatards make the most excuses out of any fan group on MTF when their player loses. Disgusting.

rafagirlno1
03-01-2007, 05:57 AM
Your books were written by Gimelstob? :haha:

When Nadal gets to a final again this year outside clay, you come. Excuses won't make him win anything. :lol:

yaah right . MARK MY WORDS THIS SUNDAY MY RAFA WOULD RETAIN HIS TITLE AND DEFEAT FED THTS IF FED SOMEHOW GETS THERE :haha:

RickDaStick
03-01-2007, 06:00 AM
yaah right . MARK MY WORDS THIS SUNDAY MY RAFA WOULD RETAIN HIS TITLE AND DEFEAT FED THTS IF FED SOMEHOW GETS THERE :haha:

Mark my words. YOU ARE A FUCKING RETARD.

Rogiman
03-01-2007, 06:09 AM
That is THE UNDERSTATEMENT OF THE YEAR!!!

rafagirlno1 :haha:

Skyward
03-01-2007, 06:16 AM
It seems rafagirl and sondraj escaped from the same mental institution.

GlennMirnyi
03-01-2007, 06:30 AM

That is the understatement of the year by far.

Allure
03-01-2007, 06:38 AM

I don't think I ever used this but you deserve one

:retard:

The_Nadal_effect
03-01-2007, 07:17 AM
all said and done, match was a humdinger. Didn't expect Andreev to take Rafkulls to three sets. He played very well. Good luck to Rafa against Younzhy.

Allez
03-01-2007, 07:21 AM

uhm...which parallel universe do you exist in ? :eek:

Adler
03-01-2007, 07:23 AM
What a thread... that's what's happening when emotion cloud one's mind

jayjay
03-01-2007, 08:19 AM
I don't mean this in a smart-ass way, but did you actulaly see the match- at least the last two sets. Igor's forehand was :hearts: for part of it.

You are smart, Clara. But leave the ass part to IL, that's what he was born to be. Don't disturb him.

Vass
03-01-2007, 09:04 AM
What a bunch of idiots arguing over nothing.

The match was great. Looked like top-10 tennis. Andreev surely didn't play like 149 in the world, besides, the only reason his rank is that low is because he's been out for half a year.

Rafa probably wasn't at his best, but he was 'very good'. Andreev gathered all he has after the first set and played his close to his best. Its not surprizing taht he got so close, because his game is vitually the same as Rafa's..

FedFan_2007
03-01-2007, 09:06 AM
Oh please, let me see Nadal beat Youzhny convincingly and then I'll believe he's turned it around on hardcourts. Until then, he's merely a shoo-in to get to hardcourt QFs and not beyond.

MariaV
03-01-2007, 09:22 AM
VASS, were you there?

Vass
03-01-2007, 09:27 AM
VASS, were you there?
Yes. I was sitting close to the guy who fainted in the end of third set. :eek:
That was scary actually because he fell over and when people straightened him out he was unconscious and had blood all-over his chest( it later turned out that he had a bloody nose). It looked like a heart-attack (first thought was that he got shot), but after the paramedics came, he got up and walked away himself.
I hope they didn't show it on tv.

MariaV
03-01-2007, 09:37 AM
Yes. I was sitting close to the guy who fainted in the end of third set. :eek:
That was scary actually because he fell over and when people straightened him out he was unconscious and had blood all-over his chest( it later turned out that he had a bloody nose). It looked like a heart-attack (first thought was that he got shot), but after the paramedics came, he got up and walked away himself.
I hope they didn't show it on tv.

OMG OMG, no, I didn't see the blood on TV of course but I saw he was walked away.
Hope you weren't too traumatized. :hug: :hug:

{Annie}
03-01-2007, 09:43 AM
OMG Vass :eek: Maria and I were wondering if you were there yesterday actually. Naaaah we didn't see any details on TV, just a huge crowd gathered over the person but sounds nasty.

Glad you got to witness such a good match Vass :hug:

t0x
03-01-2007, 11:13 AM

*sigh* you know, I get along pretty well with most of the Rafatards... but people like you come along and give the entire group a negative stereotype. :rolleyes:

Just to clear your little brain fart up... Rafa hasn't won a non-clay title for very, very nearly a year now... You have your excuses, but A YEAR! No amount of excuses can last that long. :wavey:

adee-gee
03-01-2007, 11:20 AM
Can we please not classify rafagirlno1 as a Rafatard. She's not one of us.

Thank you :)

kronus12
03-01-2007, 11:22 AM
rafagirlno2 because he ranked 2 not one clown feds got that spot covered.
Hmm great match still only way i believe if nadal is on the comeback if he makes the final, if he doesn't its the same old story, then we will have idiots like add-gee and sondja coming up with stupid excuses remember he hasn't made a final in 9 months now...whats he waiting for?
Im actually looking forward to nadal and fed playing because it usually a great match, thats if they make the final.

oz_boz
03-01-2007, 11:42 AM

I suspect she is an anti-Rafatard giving you a bad name. Not that there aren't others who do that well enough already.

Seems to have been a close match, but Nadal prevailed as I thought he would - my pick for the title now actually. I really want to see Andreev play, gonna search youtube for some now.

Kalliopeia
03-01-2007, 11:56 AM
I'm surprised at how many people are surprised that this match was this tough. Andreev's ranking doesn't really reflect his ability...he's been out for a long time.

I wish I could see today's match. Work is so inconvenient.

nobama
03-01-2007, 12:07 PM

Thank you :)I wonder if she's the same person who used to post on the tennis-warehouse boards and refer to Nadal as "my sweet Nadal". :lol:

sondraj06
03-01-2007, 12:15 PM
Hmm great match still only way i believe if nadal is on the comeback if he makes the final, if he doesn't its the same old story, then we will have idiots like add-gee and sondja coming up with stupid excuses remember he hasn't made a final in 9 months now...whats he waiting for?
Im actually looking forward to nadal and fed playing because it usually a great match, thats if they make the final.

You know it's funny to me how fedtard say rafa supporters make excuses for rafa losses, I don't. Go read through my post, can't find them. But that's not the point, the point is, in fact it's you fedtard. (You know we really have to come up with a better more informative name for you all, because the amount of retardation recently has surplussed the normal amount allowed to be considered handicapped. Is there a level of stupidity that goes well passed retarded. I don't know, I'll go look on web md.) Your the only people making excuses.

Excuses, but not for his loses, no. For why he wins. Are you all insane. I've never seen a bigger collection of
supposedly well informed tennis experts come up with more :bs:on why a player won a match in my life, won the match.

um but no, you don't understand because you're a fedtard, he didn't really win, the other player just lost

I'm gone for the night, preferably to sleep, come back to the biggest single collection of bs the web has every pilled together. And that's a feet, there is a whole lot of bs on the web, and you all manage to top it. Seriously this has to be a record. Can some one contact ripleys.

Stop bsing nadals wins..when he loses, then you can gloat. No my fault, you are completely allowed to gloat even when he wins..

Because according to websters

Gloating is to observe or think about something with triumphant and often malicious satisfaction, gratification, or delight <gloat over an enemy's misfortune>

The thing is you seem to even gloat when he wins. But like I said before, i'm not in the business of bursting anyones bubble.
If the little joy you get in life comes from the malicious desire of seeing nadal lose, then who am i to interfere.

Peaches :wavey:

cmurray
03-01-2007, 01:16 PM
I wonder if she's the same person who used to post on the tennis-warehouse boards and refer to Nadal as "my sweet Nadal". :lol:

Good Lord. Help.

rafagirlno1
03-01-2007, 02:19 PM
You know it's funny to me how fedtard say rafa supporters make excuses for rafa losses, I don't. Go read through my post, can't find them. But that's not the point, the point is, in fact it's you fedtard. (You know we really have to come up with a better more informative name for you all, because the amount of retardation recently has surplussed the normal amount allowed to be considered handicapped. Is there a level of stupidity that goes well passed retarded. I don't know, I'll go look on web md.) Your the only people making excuses.

Excuses, but not for his loses, no. For why he wins. Are you all insane. I've never seen a bigger collection of
supposedly well informed tennis experts come up with more :bs:on why a player won a match in my life, won the match.

um but no, you don't understand because you're a fedtard, he didn't really win, the other player just lost

I'm gone for the night, preferably to sleep, come back to the biggest single collection of bs the web has every pilled together. And that's a feet, there is a whole lot of bs on the web, and you all manage to top it. Seriously this has to be a record. Can some one contact ripleys.

Stop bsing nadals wins..when he loses, then you can gloat. No my fault, you are completely allowed to gloat even when he wins..

Because according to websters

Gloating is to observe or think about something with triumphant and often malicious satisfaction, gratification, or delight <gloat over an enemy's misfortune>

The thing is you seem to even gloat when he wins. But like I said before, i'm not in the business of bursting anyones bubble.
If the little joy you get in life comes from the malicious desire of seeing nadal lose, then who am i to interfere.

Peaches :wavey:

and the sad part is people over here can never accpet the other person's opinion and appreciate it . if one gives a opinion he/she becomes a tard(wht a wierd name) or something and gets labelled . i cannot believe people over here hve the right to joke and make fun of a person's love for a player as acting . oz-boz accuses me and my love for rafa . i ask u people is it wrong on my part to love a player tht i cheer for almost 2 years and deeply involve myself in his matches and expect him to do well . hve i commited a sin by doing that . am i always supposed to say i love fed and fed is great and then only my opinions will be accpeted as my opinion or else i am acting . i like rafa since his early days and is it my fault tht i realized this forum exists only early this year because i joined late and people think i am acting my love for rafa .
(sorry for my bad english or else u people will say tht is acting too)

leena

vamosnadal
03-01-2007, 02:20 PM
What a great match! Andreev really impressed me, especially for a guy who has been out for so long. Rafa looked good in parts, but at times he looks as if he's just stuck between two game plans - the old one which he's comfortable with but isn't the best way to play on HCs and the new more aggressive one which he can do and should use but at times doesn't have the confidence to carry out. You can tell he's really worked on this new more aggressive style, as you can see flashes of it when he steps in and hits a massive flat shot or serve and volleys. However, I think he obviously needs to get into a final or two before we'll see it consistently and for his form to be what it was.

Hope he'll beat Youzhny, but it's going to be a tough match.

The match was great. Looked like top-10 tennis. Andreev surely didn't play like 149 in the world, besides, the only reason his rank is that low is because he's been out for half a year.

Rafa probably wasn't at his best, but he was 'very good'. Andreev gathered all he has after the first set and played his close to his best. Its not surprizing taht he got so close, because his game is vitually the same as Rafa's..

I agree completely. :)

The Pro
03-01-2007, 02:27 PM
I have to ask, when people say moonballs, do you mean the really high balls that are sent up, then come back quite deep?

Or, do you mean the topspin ones he hits that skip up high after the bounce?

I think it's the first but I want to be sure.:confused:

vamosnadal
03-01-2007, 02:42 PM
Can't speak for everyone, but I would refer to moonballs as the first option.

cmurray
03-01-2007, 02:44 PM
I have to ask, when people say moonballs, do you mean the really high balls that are sent up, then come back quite deep?

You should ask GlennMirnyi. He's our resident expert on moonballing.

t0x
03-01-2007, 02:46 PM
and the sad part is people over here can never accpet the other person's opinion and appreciate it . if one gives a opinion he/she becomes a tard(wht a wierd name) or something and gets labelled . i cannot believe people over here hve the right to joke and make fun of a person's love for a player as acting . oz-boz accuses me and my love for rafa . i ask u people is it wrong on my part to love a player tht i cheer for almost 2 years and deeply involve myself in his matches and expect him to do well . hve i commited a sin by doing that . am i always supposed to say i love fed and fed is great and then only my opinions will be accpeted as my opinion or else i am acting . i like rafa since his early days and is it my fault tht i realized this forum exists only early this year because i joined late and people think i am acting my love for rafa .
(sorry for my bad english or else u people will say tht is acting too)

leena

Nobody told you to love Fed, nobody told you to hate him either. What people have a problem with is saying he has 'luck' and his opponents 'choke'. That's not opinion, that's BS. And if you can't accept that, you're retarded.

Of course their are some Fedtards guilty of the same... but right now I'd say you are the worst 'tard on the board, because your posts have no logic whatsoever.

Indeed, you love Rafa. Many people here do, but the more respectable Rafa fans don't go bashing Federer constantly and proclaim Nadal will win all of his matches 6-0 6-0... :rolleyes:

MariaV
03-01-2007, 02:46 PM
Oh, for GlennMirnyi it's certainly the 2nd option.

t0x
03-01-2007, 02:47 PM

The first one... high, deep shots.

Nadal does give his shots lots of net clearance, but the term 'moonballer' is definatley a little harsh (although he does throw one or two in now and again, but so does everyone - I've seen Henman throw some in on clay!).

cmurray
03-01-2007, 02:50 PM

I don't know, Maria (:wavey: btw)....I'd have to say that Glenn thinks EVERY ball Rafa hits is a moonball. On the other hand, he might just like the word and want to use it at every opportunity. Hard to say with him. :shrug:

MariaV
03-01-2007, 02:56 PM
I don't know, Maria (:wavey: btw)....I'd have to say that Glenn thinks EVERY ball Rafa hits is a moonball. On the other hand, he might just like the word and want to use it at every opportunity. Hard to say with him. :shrug:

:wavey: back Cheryl, and yes, for Glenn actually EVERY ball Rafa hits is a moonball. How could I forget that. :o :smash: But then again I am a blonde stupid fangirl so... :D

cmurray
03-01-2007, 03:10 PM
:wavey: back Cheryl, and yes, for Glenn actually EVERY ball Rafa hits is a moonball. How could I forget that. :o :smash: But then again I am a blonde stupid fangirl so... :D

sigh. I know. And I know absolutely nothing about tennis. We're a sorry pair, we are.

The Pro
03-01-2007, 03:20 PM
The first one... high, deep shots.

Nadal does give his shots lots of net clearance, but the term 'moonballer' is definatley a little harsh (although he does throw one or two in now and again, but so does everyone - I've seen Henman throw some in on clay!).

That's something Hingis does as well in her game. It works for her as the women's game is a bit flatter and she can use it to mix up her opponents flow (unless she's playing kim or Justine in which they just wind it up and smash her off the court).

Same happens with nadal too though, when he plays people like Berdych and Blake, he sits back, hits moonballs, they just wind up their forehand and pow. He should moonball less.

GlennMirnyi
03-01-2007, 04:56 PM

:haha: Yes she is.

:lol: :yeah:

You should ask GlennMirnyi. He's our resident expert on moonballing.

For a professional, every ball he hits is a moonball. It seems he never learnt how to hit a proper forehand.

Maria, I made a guide to operate the vcr so you can tape Nadal's matches. Do you want it?

adee-gee
03-01-2007, 05:12 PM
Glenn why do you feel the need to go back and quote lots of posts? It's not like anyone actually wants to hear what you have to say :scratch:

And shouldn't you be concentrating on God seeing as he's currently struggling rather than wasting your time in a thread about a match between the world #139 and a man destroying tennis.

guga2120
03-01-2007, 05:17 PM
rather than wasting your time in a thread about a match between the world #139 and a man destroying tennis.

haven't you noticed? hes mildly obsessed, to say the least.

GlennMirnyi
03-01-2007, 05:18 PM
Where are your cheerleaders, Adam? Call them to agree with you... :lol:

What will be the excuse today? :haha:

adee-gee
03-01-2007, 05:59 PM
Where are your cheerleaders, Adam? Call them to agree with you... :lol:

What will be the excuse today? :haha:
Although I don't think much of you, I still rate you higher than a psychopath who makes threats to me over the internet, so I would suggest you don't use his "jokes".

There won't be any excuse from me if Rafa loses. I'm wondering what yours will be if he wins.....Youzhny was tired is probably my best guess :)

GlennMirnyi
03-01-2007, 06:02 PM
Youzhny is not the favorite.

I'll let the kid have the last word, so, please go ahead, I have better things to do. :wavey:

Skyward
03-01-2007, 07:49 PM

:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

World Beater
03-01-2007, 08:12 PM
nadal gets pwned AGAIN...crisis time for his tards? Because it certainly isnt for the man himself.

RonE
03-01-2007, 10:49 PM
Rafa will beat Youzhny.

:nerner: :nerner: :nerner:

Sorry, I just couldn't resist :D