02-28-2007, 01:59 PM

Anne-Claire
02-28-2007, 02:00 PM
Congrats Nole :yeah: Keep it going :)

NikolaBGD
02-28-2007, 02:12 PM
Bravo:worship:
Anne-Claire, give us some good report on your blog:wavey:

Bad statistics- only 2 of 13 break points realized...nevermind!

Tomorrow, die on court and win!

JustmeUK
02-28-2007, 02:52 PM
better performance today than yesterday and Nole continues his leapfrom game with Andy Murray. either is within one masters series event final appearance of making the top 10.

Deathless Mortal
02-28-2007, 02:56 PM
Can't wait to see Djokovic-Bracciali match :p kidding
The tournament stops for Nole here. Federer is to good for him. Well, he's too good for everybody.

Saumon
02-28-2007, 02:56 PM
"3 words: he. is. going. down. 4 actually..." :lol:

:unsure:

ezekiel
02-28-2007, 03:10 PM
this score is too tight with a player at the end of his career, Roger will have no mercy :hysteric:

But Nole finally won a tie break :woohoo:

Shrinking Violet
02-28-2007, 03:11 PM
Glad Nole won. Now Fed just needs to take care of business here and we can watch the latest instalment of 'why you shouldn't piss Roger off' unfold.

Tomorrow's match-up is going to be fun. :yeah:

SLICK
02-28-2007, 03:17 PM
Match report and Nole press conference quotes

http://www.inside-tennis.net/index.php?action=news&id=2478

SLICK
02-28-2007, 04:28 PM
"Unfortunately, last time when the press asked me in Australia "what do you think about Roger" I said that I would go and not just try to play my best tennis; I am going to try and win. I read in the papers they said I was cocky and stuff like that. I don't see why I am cocky; I just think that's the right way to think. If I am going with the white flag on the court what am I doing here.
Nole's confidence talk going into the AO Federer match was misconstrued as "cockiness" by some of the press at the time. He has to talk up his chances and give himself a shot and not worry about the press.

jitterbug
02-28-2007, 04:38 PM
"Unfortunately, last time when the press asked me in Australia "what do you think about Roger" I said that I would go and not just try to play my best tennis; I am going to try and win. I read in the papers they said I was cocky and stuff like that. I don't see why I am cocky; I just think that's the right way to think. If I am going with the white flag on the court what am I doing here.
Nole's confidence talk going into the AO Federer match was misconstrued as "cockiness" by some of the press at the time. He has to talk up his chances and give himself a shot and not worry about the press.

At the same time that people thrashed Nole for being cocky, the others were kicking up a fuss about how Roger's opponents just roll over for him on the court :devil:

ivanban
02-28-2007, 09:16 PM
Well done Nole!!! In tomorrow match with Fedex, Nole should just try to be as relaxed as he can be and give hive best. Well, against Roger you can't expect nothing more other to play your best and hope that Roger will have really bad day in the office. And even than he might beat you :-(

cmurray
02-28-2007, 09:23 PM
Well done Nole!!! In tomorrow match with Fedex, Nole should just try to be as relaxed as he can be and give hive best. Well, against Roger you can't expect nothing more other to play your best and hope that Roger will have really bad day in the office. And even than he might beat you :-(

Wow. Your avi is just beautiful. Gosh, he's a handsome guy.

Also, I think Nole is right to go out to try to win. If you aren't going to try to win, why bother at all? I'm not a big fan of the guy, but I think he has the right of it.

*Viva Chile*
02-28-2007, 09:29 PM
When Federer say "I'm the best player in the world and I will be the best at least 3 more years" is the true (no arrogance at all) and when Djoko or another player say "I am going to try and win" is cockiness :rolleyes: it seems that the reasonment of many reporters is not so different than many members of this forum... maybe enmasquerade MTFers?? :eek:

Voo de Mar
02-28-2007, 09:44 PM
This match can be for Schuettler the beginning of the end. Last year he played semi-final in Dubai so he will lose many points and probably in the next week his ranking will be the worst since the first week of January 1999.