Nadal v Andreev: Thoughts? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Nadal v Andreev: Thoughts?

JustmeUK
02-28-2007, 09:03 AM
Surprised no poll on this one given that Igor was the last person to beat Nadal on clay and leads their h2h 1-0.

Another potential bananaskin in the Rafa draw and Igor's current ATP ranking is a result of knee injury requiring surgery. Certainly Igor has big enough strokes on both fh and bh to hit past Rafa.

70:30 to Rafa then but if he's not near his best (as with Marcos in the last 2 sets) then he might just be in trouble.

bokehlicious
02-28-2007, 09:18 AM
Igor might definitely have a good shot to prevail...

MariaV
02-28-2007, 09:24 AM
Igor's been kinda unstable still after his comeback and great DC matches in Chile so who knows. Besides it's not clay ... :p oh right, GlennMirnyi & Co will rush here to say Dubai is [insert the suitable adjective] clay. :haha: :wavey:

Sean.J.S.
02-28-2007, 10:17 AM
Nadal 6-1 7-6(7)

oz_boz
02-28-2007, 10:22 AM
Maybe Nadal should be happy it isn't clay :lol:

Rafa in 2. But I'm not familiar with Igor's game.

martine2
02-28-2007, 10:23 AM
Andreev can be dangerous.
I hope Rafa plays his best tennis....

I'll definitely cheer for him!

Exodus
02-28-2007, 10:43 AM
i certainly think that igor got a shot to beat nadal

rafagirlno1
02-28-2007, 10:47 AM
:lol: :lol: to those who think igor could win against rafa . i believe the score would be 6/2 6/1.

:wavey:

Xristos
02-28-2007, 10:48 AM
I met Igor in Melb. Great guy actually but I need to root for my boy.

Xristos
02-28-2007, 10:49 AM
:lol: :lol: to those who think igor could win against rafa . i believe the score would be 6/2 6/1.

Actually, Igor is the last person to beat Rafa on clay..

oz_boz
02-28-2007, 10:50 AM

Anti-Nadal troll warning.

Iván
02-28-2007, 10:52 AM
Nadal was awesome in set 2 and 3 yesterday against baggy. This was all because of his 1st serve going in...

If 1st serve is high andreev has no chance

rafagirlno1
02-28-2007, 10:56 AM
Actually, Igor is the last person to beat Rafa on clay..

yaah i know tht but tht was 2 years ago and rafa was just 18 , he has really improved and now he has started attacking more than waht he used to do before . and also igor is returning after injury so all this would definitely favuor rafa

buzz
02-28-2007, 10:58 AM
Igor last to beat rafa on clay doesn't say everything. remember Ancic was the last who beat federer on grass and if it was Ancic vs Federer well....

But Igor is a power player I think, and everytime I say that Rafa loses (lately) so who knows?

TheBoiledEgg
02-28-2007, 11:04 AM
Igor has more chances to win on clay than on hard courts

JustmeUK
02-28-2007, 11:08 AM
Igor last to beat rafa on clay doesn't say everything. remember Ancic was the last who beat federer on grass and if it was Ancic vs Federer well....

But Igor is a power player I think, and everytime I say that Rafa loses (lately) so who knows?

yes but you ahve to take into account he did beat him and the h2h is 1-0 not a million to 1 like Fed v Ancic! and yes Igor has plenty of power on tap on both wings but I especially like his 1hbh. I always remember the first time I saw him play v Agassi at Queens when he blew Agassi away in 2 sets.

Igor has more chances to win on clay than on hard courts

actually I could be wrong here but I think Igor's results on hard (fast) court have been better than his results on clay.

bokehlicious
02-28-2007, 11:12 AM

Didn't you state the other day that Nadal woud win this tourney without dropping a single set ? :o :angel: :lol:

Xristos
02-28-2007, 11:15 AM
Igor will take a set.

rafagirlno1
02-28-2007, 11:40 AM
Didn't you state the other day that Nadal woud win this tourney without dropping a single set ? :o :angel: :lol:

yaah i said tht :o but then again fed lost a set :angel: so things evened out;) .rafa would make the final this sunday and retain his trophy but unfortunately fed wont be there to play him :sad:

bokehlicious
02-28-2007, 11:42 AM
but unfortunately fed wont be there to play him :sad:

Bracciali will do the job ? :confused:

btw, off topic, are you Deivid's sista ? :o

{Annie}
02-28-2007, 11:44 AM
This is one of those unpedictable matches that could go both ways. If Igor is on fire - this could get very interesting... But it could also turn into a totally one-way match with Rafa thrashing our boy :rolleyes:

Good luck Igoryok!!! :hug:

rafagirlno1
02-28-2007, 11:48 AM
Bracciali will do the job ? :confused:

btw, off topic, are you Deivid's sista ? :o

i didn't say tday but i definitely feel someone will knock him out this tournament before the final because he played badly against pless and looks to be totally out of form and not like wht he played at australian open . so i stay with my prediction tht rafa wins the tournament and fed loses before the final
and btw who is devid :confused:

bokehlicious
02-28-2007, 12:05 PM

Deivid is your male version, totally in love with Nadaliño and clueless when it comes to tennis...

Sunset of Age
02-28-2007, 12:07 PM
I expect a very easy win for Rafa, for the following reasons:

(1) h2h is totally meaningless in this case, as they only played each other once ("Lying with Statistics", anyone? ;)), and that was... in 2005? Rafa has become a much better hard-court player since then.

(2) Andreev beat Raf on clay, so I presume Andreev is first and foremost a claycourt player. As this match is played on hc it should be of no problem for Raf to get rid of him.

Well, we'll see...! Vamos, Rafa!

FluffyYellowBall
02-28-2007, 12:14 PM
I expect a very easy win for Rafa, for the following reasons:

(1) h2h is totally meaningless in this case, as they only played each other once ("Lying with Statistics", anyone? ;)), and that was... in 2005? Rafa has become a much better hard-court player since then.

(2) Andreev beat Raf on clay, so I presume Andreev is first and foremost a claycourt player. As this match is played on hc it should be of no problem for Raf to get rid of him.

Well, we'll see...! Vamos, Rafa!

I dont know much about andreevs game but he also hasnt had any outstanding successes on clay since rafa started dominating. He reminds me of chels sometimes...Yes it was in 05 so quite pointless as u said.

morningglory
02-28-2007, 12:15 PM
hmmm if Andreev can beat Nadal on clay then he's def got at least a chance on other surfaces (Such a powerful FH! And Nadal's strengths are movement and spin, which are best amplified on clay)

kobulingam
02-28-2007, 12:28 PM
Nadal will make the final.

t0x
02-28-2007, 12:31 PM
Andreev has a shot here... to me he doesn't look to be back to his very best yet, but with his monster FH he'll certainly pose Rafa problems.

It's one of those matches where I'm pretty sure Rafa will win, but it wouldn't at all surprise me if Igor came out all cylinders firing and overwhelms him....

jenanun
02-28-2007, 12:37 PM
i didn't say tday but i definitely feel someone will knock him out this tournament before the final because he played badly against pless and looks to be totally out of form and not like wht he played at australian open . so i stay with my prediction tht rafa wins the tournament and fed loses before the final

there were a few occasions that fed still able to win a tournament despite totally out of form, (esp.in 1st/2nd round), but i m sure he will just play better and better, and i expect him to be in the final.... vs rafa of course (with berdych now out of the way, i expect to see rafa on sunday)

vamos!

oz_boz
02-28-2007, 12:42 PM
Nadal will make the final.

Now that Misha has beaten Tomas, I believe that as well.

Sunset of Age
02-28-2007, 12:45 PM

As much as I hope you're right, I wouldn't underestimate Misha! He's in great form and might well give Raf a bit of trouble. Will be an interesting match, I think.

oz_boz
02-28-2007, 12:46 PM
As much as I hope you're right, I wouldn't underestimate Misha! He's in great form and might well give Raf a bit of trouble. Will be an interesting match, I think.

Misha is in good form, but he has to be a bit exhausted, and Nadal is not one you want to play when tired.

shotgun
02-28-2007, 12:51 PM
No doubt Andreev is a bad match-up for Nadal, only problem is that he's still in the process of recovering his consistency, and having played on clay in South America for the past four weeks won't help him in this tournament either.

keqtqiadv
02-28-2007, 12:52 PM
Nadal 6/3 6/2

JustmeUK
02-28-2007, 01:34 PM

if not Daniele.. then you have Djokovic (and Fed is ALWAYS up for this one) or more likely Haas in the Semis (did you see how poor Tommy was today?). And then you have to remember Roger only gets better as he plays himself into form and he's getting lots of tennis with the singles and doubles. I don't see Roger not making the final.

Deivid is your male version, totally in love with Nadaliño and clueless when it comes to tennis...

:haha:

Jogy
02-28-2007, 01:35 PM
I hope Nadal slaps that bitch Andreev hard away from the court and kicks him in the ass shoutig VAMOS after him :yeah:

JustmeUK
02-28-2007, 01:35 PM

US Open last year anyone :devil:

Andre♥
02-28-2007, 01:40 PM
If Andreev plays well, he has more than a shot.

If he plays like yesterday, he will lose in straight sets.

Andre'sNo1Fan
02-28-2007, 02:00 PM
Anyone who doesn't like Federer and likes Nadal is pretty clueless about tennis, so its hardly an insult is it :lol:

The_Nadal_effect
02-28-2007, 02:33 PM
Never seen Andreev play.

bokehlicious
02-28-2007, 02:44 PM
Anyone who doesn't like Federer and likes Nadal is pretty clueless about tennis, so its hardly an insult is it :lol:

Have you ever bothered reading rafagirl#1 essays ? Tennis knowledge is not exactly the first thing that spring to mind... :rolleyes:

Merton
02-28-2007, 02:51 PM
Andreev is one of the few players who has better chances against Nadal on clay than on hardcourts. The reason is that his backhand is weak and on clay he gets more time to run around and hit forehands.

RogiFan88
02-28-2007, 04:12 PM
write down Nadal's name for Youzhny next

Andre'sNo1Fan
02-28-2007, 04:22 PM
Have you ever bothered reading rafagirl#1 essays ? Tennis knowledge is not exactly the first thing that spring to mind... :rolleyes:
She wouldn't be posting on a tennis site if she knew nothing about tennis. Coming from you thats rich.........I mean since when were you a great one for tennis knowledge :o ?

Tortoise
02-28-2007, 04:27 PM
You are the biggest anti nadal troll on this forum Justme. Stop your Rafa bashing, it's getting out of control. You either know nothing about tennis, or you have a pyschological block :retard:

sondraj06
02-28-2007, 04:30 PM
O.K so can anyone tell me how Andreevs has been playing and how consistent his game has been so far. thanx

scarecrows
02-28-2007, 04:32 PM
Andreev could barely hold the ball in play the first 4 games that I watched

I dont know what is happening now but should be over in less than 30 minutes and considering the 40 seconds Rafa takes between points that is quite a feat