I wonder about countries' forums... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

I wonder about countries' forums...

Denaon
02-27-2007, 03:02 PM
It's not that I want to create any kind of controversy about this issue :devil: but I wonder why some countries deserve their own forums and why some others don't....:scratch:
I mean....why do the latin chicos and the asian guys have to be all in the same forum meanwhile most of the europeans are not (including the aussies and yanks).
I'm not proposing anything....I mean...I'm not saying this should be changed but I don't understand why....for instance Chile and Brasil having a former #1 player in the world and several good players, Argentina having lots of good players and so....are still sharing the same space as if these chicos latinos have not accomplished anything and still aren't A quality....
(maybe I'm completely wrong about it but that's the reading I do from this)....

:scratch:

Please....I'm just thinking outloud.....don't take this too seriously...

If I have to suggest anything....I'd go for continent forums....where you can locate every of these forums dedicated for every country...:rocker:
Give to NorthAmerica the USA boys!!! :nerner: and to Oceania the aussie guys!! :rolls:

Carlita
02-27-2007, 03:11 PM
:lol: Dani!! :lol:

to be honest, we were already talking about something ;) but it needs a bit of time :p

Denaon
02-27-2007, 03:12 PM
:lol: Dani!! :lol:

to be honest, we were already talking about something ;) but it needs a bit of time :p

:o You and your secret conversations :devil:

:rolls:

:cool: Ok...We'll have to wait then :shrug:

BTW....give the italians the forum!!! :rocker: :haha:

Hendu
02-27-2007, 03:53 PM
If I have to suggest anything....I'd go for continent forums....where you can locate every of these forums dedicated for every country...:rocker:
Give to NorthAmerica the USA boys!!! :nerner: and to Oceania the aussie guys!! :rolls:

I like that.

Lee
02-28-2007, 03:14 AM
If you look at the description of the forums, Dani, you will notice who're the top/fans friendly players from the region at the time said forum was created. It may give you some hint. :p

Denaon
02-28-2007, 02:57 PM
If you look at the description of the forums, Dani, you will notice who're the top/fans friendly players from the region at the time said forum was created. It may give you some hint. :p
:lol:
yeah....I know Chicos Latinos had Kuerten and Coria as the top players at the moment it was created..:o :o ;)

Anyhow....I'm not saying it should be changed....but it certainly should be updated...my humble opinion is that within the Chicos Latinos forum there are countries with enough entity to stand alone as Serbia, Romania and such more....

Actually...it does not really matter...it's not really important...but that's how I feel :shrug:

Hendu
02-28-2007, 03:12 PM
yeah....I know Chicos Latinos had Kuerten and Coria as the top players at the moment it was created..:o :o ;)

Anyhow....I'm not saying it should be changed....but it certainly should be updated...my humble opinion is that within the Chicos Latinos forum there are countries with enough entity to stand alone as Serbia, Romania and such more....

Actually...it does not really matter...it's not really important...but that's how I feel :shrug:

hey! stop with all that "I'm not saying it should be changed" "it does not really matter" "it's not really important" stuff...

you don't have to feel sorry for asking changes, that is what the Suggestions/Feedback forum is for.

If you started this thread it was because you thought it would be better if the changes were made...

its true those are not big changes, but it would certainly be a good move by the administrator/moderators if they gave each country their own forums.

Denaon
02-28-2007, 03:15 PM
hey! stop with all that "I'm not saying it should be changed" "it does not really matter" "it's not really important" stuff...

you don't have to feel sorry for asking changes, that is what the Suggestions/Feedback forum is for.

If you started this thread it was because you thought it would be better if the changes were made...

its true those are not big changes, but it would certainly be a good move by the administrator/moderators if they gave each country their own forums.

Hey!!! don't tell me how to talk!!! :devil:

I can be controversial....but I'm not in the mood....:p

Hendu
02-28-2007, 03:30 PM
Hey!!! don't tell me how to talk!!! :devil:

I wouldn't dare... :angel:

I can be controversial....but I'm not in the mood....:p

you won't get the changes if you sound doubtful...

We have to stand firmly and reject a no for an answer, we need determination to persuade the admins/mods! :p

Lee
02-28-2007, 03:53 PM
I do agree with Dani that some forums are overcrowded a little bit. ;)

Hopefully, when admin has time to do some renovation, the player forums have the attention. ;)

Neely
02-28-2007, 09:39 PM
Denaon - I wouldn't support this conclusion "There is no forum for the player", therefore: "he/the country has not achieved anything". Please don't see it like that. Do the most popular South American players have their forum? Yes! The only difference is that you find them in South America and not in a Chilean or Argentine forum.

To answer why the forum structure is as it is, you would probably have to dig a bit deeper and evaluate how it all started. Of course it makes sense to have the forum South America because lots of players are from these countries. And it wouldn't make so much sense to make a North American or Oceanian forum because the USA or Australia would be pretty much North America or Oceania in tennis, respectively. And it makes sense to do it with Asia, too. But I can't answer why there is no European forum :lol:

I think it would be worth discussing about this matter. We can break up the whole South America complex and give Argentina, Chile and Brazil their own country forums.

The it would look like
-- Argentina
---- Nalbandian
---- Coria

-- Brazil
---- Kuerten

-- Chile
---- Gonzalez
---- Massu

--- Ecuador
---- Lapentti

Losing the "South America" category would mean a thread about a player from Uruguay, Peru, Colombia, Paraguay etc would need to go into the "other world" category, right?

Or do you want to keep the South America category and only make additional subforums for the countries.
example: you want to go to Nalbandian, then you would click South America(old) ---> Argentina(new) ---> Nalbandian(old)

Which one?

lau
03-01-2007, 03:16 AM
Just my 2 cents here...
I like having all the South American players in the same forum.

My only problem is with the "Chicos Latinos" title..., but I already explained that in the thread were they asked for an Italian forum.

Anyway, if we´re going to have a forum/subforum for every SA country, I would like to "keep the South America category and only make additional subforums for the countries. Example: you want to go to Nalbandian, then you would click South America(old) ---> Argentina(new) ---> Nalbandian(old)" as Neely said. And that´s because I would like to keep the threads about Horna, for example, next to his friends :awww:
Seriously :lol:, I wouldn´t like to have the threads about players from Uruguay, Peru, Colombia, Paraguay, etc in the More.../Rest Of The World category.

Hendu
03-01-2007, 03:44 AM
Anyway, if we´re going to have a forum/subforum for every SA country, I would like to "keep the South America category and only make additional subforums for the countries. Example: you want to go to Nalbandian, then you would click South America(old) ---> Argentina(new) ---> Nalbandian(old)" as Neely said. And that´s because I would like to keep the threads about Horna, for example, next to his friends :awww:
Seriously :lol:, I wouldn´t like to have the threads about players from Uruguay, Peru, Colombia, Paraguay, etc in the More.../Rest Of The World category.

Completely agree!

having the subforums for at least each of the "big" tennis countries, and changing the name of "Chicos latinos" to "Chicos Latinoamericanos", "Latin America", "South America", "south american players" or whatever... would definitely be an upgrade.

shotgun
03-01-2007, 01:15 PM
I don't like the title "Chicos Latinos" too, I mean if you want to put a title in Spanish, make sure all the players in the forum come from Spanish speaking countries. :lol:

Denaon
03-01-2007, 02:20 PM
Denaon - I wouldn't support this conclusion "There is no forum for the player", therefore: "he/the country has not achieved anything". Please don't see it like that. Do the most popular South American players have their forum? Yes! The only difference is that you find them in South America and not in a Chilean or Argentine forum.

To answer why the forum structure is as it is, you would probably have to dig a bit deeper and evaluate how it all started. Of course it makes sense to have the forum South America because lots of players are from these countries. And it wouldn't make so much sense to make a North American or Oceanian forum because the USA or Australia would be pretty much North America or Oceania in tennis, respectively. And it makes sense to do it with Asia, too. But I
can't answer why there is no European forum :lol:

I think it would be worth discussing about this matter. We can break up the whole South America complex and give Argentina, Chile and Brazil their own country forums.

The it would look like
-- Argentina
---- Nalbandian
---- Coria

-- Brazil
---- Kuerten

-- Chile
---- Gonzalez
---- Massu

--- Ecuador
---- Lapentti

Losing the "South America" category would mean a thread about a player from Uruguay, Peru, Colombia, Paraguay etc would need to go into the "other world" category, right?

Or do you want to keep the South America category and only make additional subforums for the countries.
example: you want to go to Nalbandian, then you would click South America(old) ---> Argentina(new) ---> Nalbandian(old)

Which one?
Then I want an european forum!!!! :rocker:
It's not that I want something...:rolls:
:scratch:
Actually I would love to see Argentina having its own forum...and of course I would like to keep the latinos :p together....
it's just that the request for a forum for italian players made me feel there was something wrong about the structure of all forums....Maybe if there was a geografical division....:shrug:

I don't like the title "Chicos Latinos" too, I mean if you want to put a title in Spanish, make sure all the players in the forum come from Spanish speaking countries. :lol:

:lol: how would it be in portuguese?? Mininhos latinos?? :p

I dunno....USA could be in the AMERICA forum...with chileans, canadians (dancevic), mexicans, argentinians, costaricans...blah blah...although I'm not sure that would happen :o
Africans would deserve their own forum too....they exist...you know??
Asians too....
And then give Europe a forum and put them all inside.....:p
Oceania is not only Australia...there's New Zealand too :aplot:

:rolls:

Saumon
03-01-2007, 03:20 PM
At the moment here are 13 European subforums + Russia's. That's about 2-3 times more than the other countries forums. :p