London Telegraph: Nole will seek John McEnroe or Stefan Edberg for a special coach [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

London Telegraph: Nole will seek John McEnroe or Stefan Edberg for a special coach

ezekiel
02-26-2007, 01:36 AM
as per London Telegraph which is has little credibility , remember their breaking story of Nole moving to GB ;)
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2007/02/25/stwhit25.xml

Only this week, in Rotterdam, Djokovic, who is a week younger than Murray, beat the world No 7 Tommy Robredo. Like Murray in Memphis, he had matched last year's quarter-final achievement, but said he wasn't interested in a race with Murray to the top of the mountain - "so long as I get there before I retire - I don't care if I'm 35 when I do". Obviously envious of the support Murray receives from the LTA, in particular Brad Gilbert's appointment as his coach, Djokovic disclosed to The Sunday Telegraph that he was going to approach either John McEnroe or Stefan Edberg to ask if they would help give him the edge he felt his game needed.

uglyamerican
02-26-2007, 02:54 AM
:eek: Edberg please!!! He was my first favorite player.

Scotso
02-26-2007, 03:40 AM
I'd like either of those. Good choices.

savesthedizzle
02-26-2007, 03:59 AM
Is he dumping Vajda? :sad: I like him. :sad:

I'm good with J-Mac. If J-Mac was coaching him I'd probably get to see more Novak on TV ;) :lol: But I don't want Nole getting too feisty. :lol:

missbungle
02-26-2007, 04:40 AM
Wow! Sounds cool, if it's true.

PennyThePenguin
02-26-2007, 10:35 AM
both those options sound good :) J. Mac would be interesting though :lol:

silverwhite
02-26-2007, 12:10 PM
Cool. I'd prefer Edberg though. :p

ezekiel
02-26-2007, 01:24 PM
Wow! Sounds cool, if it's true.

Operative word here, my experience with british media is that they make up a lot of stuff to fit their stories and in much more creative ways. We shall hear about this rumour if it's true or not but I am sceptical of this

_sanja_
02-28-2007, 02:15 PM
yeah, I seriously doubt about that...we`ll see what Nole will say:) im wuite curious;) would be interesting if its true...