Musketeers in Indy [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Musketeers in Indy

Layla
08-15-2002, 05:52 PM
4 musketeers are still left in the tournament at this stage. Di Pasquale was very lucky to enter the main tournament in the first place after Safin withdrew. And he won his first match against Koubek. Well done, DiP! :D With that he has earned a duel with a fellow muskateer, Santoro. Wish I could see that...

Scores:

(LL) A. Di Pasquale (FRA) d. (Q) S. Koubek (AUT) 62 76(4)
(15) A. Clement (FRA) d. W. Ferreira (RSA) 64 46 76(1)
(16) F. Santoro (FRA) d. W. Arthurs (AUS) 64 62
(9) S. Grosjean (FRA) d. S. Sargsian (ARM) 36 63 63

Good luck to all the muskateers today, especially since three of them are my faves! ;)

Layla
08-15-2002, 05:57 PM
Order of play for Thursday:

Santoro and Di Pasquale open play on the stadium at 11:30.

Grosjean plays the third match on Granstand, but not before 3:00.

Clement plays the third match on Court 3, but might be moved.

Layla
08-15-2002, 06:30 PM
This just in:

Arnaud Di Pasquale def. Fabrice Santoro 7-6(5) 6-2 :eek:

Great win for DiP! :bounce:

Fabrice :sad:

Well, one of you had to lose unfortunately. :(

Lindsayfan
08-15-2002, 06:52 PM
Layla,i'm surprised like u!too bad for Fabrice.. :sad:

Layla
08-15-2002, 07:00 PM
Fabrice seems to be losing to young musketeers a lot lately. He also lost to Paul-Henri Mathieu in RG. To fall to Di Pasquale after such an easy win over Arthurs. :confused:

But then Di Pasquale is making a hard-fought comeback and he can be quite brilliant at times. I should know, I've seen him play for a whole week. ;) His run at Roland Garros was astonishing. :eek: He reached the 4th round after not playing tennis for almost a year.

Tryphon
08-15-2002, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Layla
he can be quite brilliant at times.

Yeah just remember his Olympic medal. :bounce:

Maybe he will make the Davis Cup team, at least as the 5th man, with clay being his favorite surface... :confused:

Layla
08-15-2002, 11:09 PM
And the other two muskateers have won as well. What a great day! :bounce:

Grosjean def. Kiefer 7-6(4), 6-3
Clement def. Ancic 6-3, 6-4

esther
08-16-2002, 02:19 AM
i'm new to this site but i reckon its really cool that there's a forum dedicated to french players--i'm a huge fan of arnaud and seb...so congratulations to both of them for getting into the last 16!!!!! should give heaps of confidence to both of them--its so sweet that seb's family is with him!!!!! good luck to both of them for the 4th rounddddd

Tryphon
08-16-2002, 09:06 AM
Grosjean and Santoro both reached the quarters in Toronto but then they all had a bad week in Cinci so it's nice to see them all doing well this week.

Unfortunately Clement says his right wrist is hurting, let's hope it's not going to get worse, I want him to have a good US Open "as usual".

Lindsayfan
08-16-2002, 09:21 AM
i hope Arnaud will be ok for Us Open and for Davis Cup.with Escude's injury,Santoro's bad moment etc France really needs Clement and Grosjean play their best tennis.

esther
08-16-2002, 09:58 AM
u reckon arnauds going to be chosen for davis cup tho?? i reckon they'll prolly be choosing seb, santoro and escude...but then it all depends whether escude will be fit enough to play. HOPEFULLY arnaud will be in form by september after the US to play well in DC...whatever the teams will be i reckon france will kick america neway :D

Chloe le Bopper
08-16-2002, 10:00 AM
Allez Sebastien :D

Layla
08-16-2002, 06:53 PM
Di Pasquale lost to Rainer Schüttler. :sad:

Score: 2-6 6-4 6-1 for Schüttler

Well, at least he took one set off him. *sigh*

Lindsayfan
08-16-2002, 08:38 PM
Clement will play for sure in Davis Cup cos Escude is still injured and anyway clay is the worst surface for Nico.i dont have doubt about Grosjean/Clement playing singles,i dont know who'll play double with Santoro.. :confused:

esther
08-17-2002, 10:06 AM
ohhhh i dunno about that...i reckon it may be seb and santoro playing singles and maybe arnaud and santoro in doubles?? i dunno...we all know how inconsistant arnaud is...but hopefully arnaud at least play either singles or doubles...clay isnt' his best surface either tho- he once said it made him feel sick i think in Monte Carlo last year...
but neway i think forget will make the best decision...