Main Draw [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Main Draw

Action Jackson
02-24-2007, 01:24 PM
Courtesy of the poster Slick, here is the draw.

R Federer (1) v Pless
QF v Braccialli
QF v QF
Vliegen v Djokovic (7)

Davydenko (3) v QF
Lee v O Rochus
Serra v Bjorkman
Stepanek(wc) v Haas(5)

Ferrer (8) v Soderling
Bahrouzyan (wc) v Hrbaty
Kohlschreiber v Simon
Santoro v Robredo (4)

Berdych (6) v Al Ghareeb (wc)
Youzhny v Nieminen
Andreev v Gicquel
Baghdatis v Nadal (2)

Nando_L
02-24-2007, 01:26 PM
Goooooo Roger!!!!!!!!!! :rocker2: :rocker2: :rocker2:

Byrd
02-24-2007, 01:29 PM
Federer has an easy half, as I think Haas and Djokvic(especially) might pull out as they've deep in draws already. I think Nadal will be lucky to get out of his quarter, but if he does he stands a decent shot at getting to the finals.

scoobs
02-24-2007, 01:44 PM
Not a lot of comfort in that draw for Nadal. Tough opener against Baghdatis and either Berdych or Youzhny loom in the QF - neither is good news.

Klaas_nalbandian
02-24-2007, 01:53 PM
some tough matches over there

~EMiLiTA~
02-24-2007, 02:30 PM
lol i love how on the ATP version it has prize money $0

kindablue
02-24-2007, 03:25 PM
Go Marcos! Payback time!

Alonsofz
02-24-2007, 03:46 PM
Baghdatis-Nadal... :scared:

VAMOS MARCOS!

dijus
02-24-2007, 03:55 PM
Easy draw as always Roger....

Filipo
02-24-2007, 04:05 PM
Good luck Roger, and this time grab the title :)

silver7
02-24-2007, 04:17 PM
Vamos
Rafa
Tommy

Good luck
Misha

Dupuis2006
02-24-2007, 04:59 PM
Wow!!!! Unbelievable Draw!!! Some incredible matches!!!

Hip-And-Happenin
02-24-2007, 05:25 PM
Good luck to:

R Federer (1) ;) :worship:
Vliegen :)
Haas(5) ;)
Hrbaty :)
Simon :)
Santoro ;)
Gicquel ;) :rocker2:
Baghdatis ;) :D

njnetswill
02-24-2007, 05:46 PM
Come on Ollie!

Blue Heart24
02-24-2007, 06:13 PM
What a draw :eek:
GL Misha,Baggy,Santoro, Simon and Stepanek :p
And Gicquel

TheBoiledEgg
02-24-2007, 06:39 PM
good luck

Misha :D
Kolya :)
Igor
Berdy :)
Toadie

Misha, Igor and Berdy in same 1/4 :fiery: along with Piggy

Grenouille
02-24-2007, 07:33 PM
Nadal-Baghdatis in the first round OH MY GOD

NyGeL
02-24-2007, 09:11 PM
we are not going to have Nadal vs Federer in the final like last year I guess.

but final will probably be Fed vs Baghdatis or Berdych and I hope it can be as good as in 2006.

LilyRoseAva
02-24-2007, 10:05 PM
Allez Tomas

Scotso
02-25-2007, 12:33 AM
good luck:

Kristian Pless
Kristof Vliegen
Novak Djokovic :worship:
Nikolay Davydenko :worship:
Olivier Rochus
David Ferrer
Dominik Hrbaty :D
Philipp Kohlschreiber :D
Gilles Simon :worship:
Tommy Robredo :worship:
Tomas Berdych :worship:
Mikhail Youzhny :D
Jarkko Nieminen :D
Igor Andreev :D
Marc Gicquel
Rafael Nadal

~EMiLiTA~
02-25-2007, 01:47 AM
Go the frenchies! (especially Marc Gicquel :rocker2:)

avocadoe
02-25-2007, 02:47 PM
go Roger, go Marcos, go Youzhny, most of all go Roger!!!

Labamba
02-25-2007, 02:58 PM
qualifiers placed...

(q)Marach vs Bracciali
(q)Seppi vs (q)Schuettler
(q)El Aynaoui vs Davydenko

unlucky Younes :awww:

Ivanatis
02-25-2007, 04:07 PM
"It's just a quick visit because straight after the final tomorrow I've got to get on a private jet to make it to JFK in time to catch an 11 p.m. Emirates flight direct to Dubai." (Haas in his Memphis blog)

so he will probably not withdraw

any information on Youzhny?

TenHound
02-25-2007, 11:25 PM
Haas'll be exhausted & jet lagged out of his gourd, but prob. paid $.5 -1 M. to show up & lose - so why not show up...

RickDaStick
02-26-2007, 01:21 AM
Poor Kristien Pless. He gets Murray both times in the States then flys all the way to Dubai to see his name next to Federer. Thats got to suck.

Daniel
02-26-2007, 05:04 AM
Go Roger :worship:

and Baghdatis :devil:

oz_boz
02-26-2007, 11:54 AM
Easy draw as always Roger....

Get a grip. The only players that should give Fed trouble apart from Nadal, who can't be on the same half, are Haas and Davydenko, who both are on Roger's side.

vamosnadal
02-26-2007, 12:37 PM
Berdych and Baghdatis could have caused Fed problems, he has spoken many times about how dangerous he considers Berdych to be as an opponent.

Bad draw Nadal, but that's just the way it goes! Good luck for the tournament. Hoping he shows better form and gets to the finals.

bobrocks
02-26-2007, 08:25 PM
tough first match for Roger. He was taken to a tiebreaker, then dropped a set, but won the third set.

Maybe he got distracted because they made a presentation to him for breaking Conners' record.

oz_boz
02-27-2007, 11:24 AM
Berdych and Baghdatis could have caused Fed problems, he has spoken many times about how dangerous he considers Berdych to be as an opponent.

Berdych? Fed has beaten him very comfortably ever since Athens, he is probably just being diplomatic. Baggy a bit tougher probably, but still no reason to say Fed's half is easy.

vamosnadal
02-27-2007, 03:02 PM
I've never said Fed's half of the draw is easy, there are tough players throughout the draw.

If you want to argue with the mighty Federer that's your call, but Roger definitely considers Berdych to be a dangerous player and has said so many times. It's true though, Berdych has underperformed against Roger since Athens, although to be fair he was injured at Wimbledon when they played.
He's still a quality player though who has given many top players an absolute nightmare and I definitely think he is a tough draw if he plays to his potential.

oz_boz
02-28-2007, 09:49 AM
I've never said Fed's half of the draw is easy, there are tough players throughout the draw.

dijus did in the post that I argued against, then you came in and added a couple of players that could possibly threaten Fed. No matter what Roger himself says, I still think that Berdych is not the man for taking him out, and definitely that Davydenko and Haas are more dangerous to him.

vamosnadal
03-01-2007, 01:53 PM
Fair enough! Berdych didn't really help my argument did he with his showing against Youzhny, but Davydenko doesn't seem to be in the best of form either. I think both on their day can be dangerous. I definitely agree that Haas is even more of a threat though. Quite looking forward to seeing him play Federer, I still think he'd lose, but Haas is on fire at the moment and has beaten Fed before - even if it was in an exhibition.

(Just pointed out that I didn't say Fed's half was easy so that you wouldn't think I was just arguing that the other half of the draw was difficult because I'm one of the anti-feds! I'm obviously a fan of Nadal, but like both.)

oz_boz
03-01-2007, 01:58 PM
Fair enough! Berdych didn't really help my argument did he with his showing against Youzhny, but Davydenko doesn't seem to be in the best of form either. I think both on their day can be dangerous. I definitely agree that Haas is even more of a threat though. Quite looking forward to seeing him play Federer, I still think he'd lose, but Haas is on fire at the moment and has beaten Fed before - even if it was in an exhibition.

(Just pointed out that I didn't say Fed's half was easy so that you wouldn't think I was just arguing that the other half of the draw was difficult because I'm one of the anti-feds! I'm obviously a fan of Nadal, but like both.)

:yeah:

Funny enough, I think Fed and Nadal would happily switch draws. Haas will probably struggle more against Nadal, while Berdman and even moreso Youzhny are Fed's bitches.

But we'll see. Nadal is my pick for the title now that Tomas is out, though he still has two big tasks in Youzhny and Söderling.

vamosnadal
03-01-2007, 02:39 PM
I agree completely! I bet they would have loved to have switched draws, as the players Nadal struggles against, Fed would beat more easily and vice versa.

I'm still not sure who I'd pick for the tournament at this stage, largely because although he's showed flashes of great form, Nadal still looks as if he's struggling with his confidence. To lose the second set yesterday on a double fault made sure my alarm bells were still ringing! Youzhny and Soderling will both be very tough matches. If he gets to the final I would bet on Nadal winning, just not yet sure if he'll get there.