Tennis Raquet Advise... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Tennis Raquet Advise...

Lastb0isct
02-23-2007, 05:51 PM
I just bought some tennis raquets on e-bay and wanted to know if they'd be good for me. I'm about 6'2", 165-170lbs., long arms and long legs. These are the raquets i got on e-bay...

-Head Ti Conquest 2003
-Head Intellingence
-Prince~ Storm oversize Ti

What do you think? Give me your feedback, thanks!

Burrow
02-23-2007, 11:28 PM
I got an older racket recently, the one goran used throughout his career, Head Tour 660 and it is brilliant, i would adivse one of these or pro staffs.

Lastb0isct
02-26-2007, 10:54 PM
Okay well i got those three. What do you think of those?

HKz
03-01-2007, 11:28 AM
Eh? You shouldn't have bought random rackets, unless you got them cheap. The smart thing you should of done, was to go into town to a tennis devoted store and demo some rackets and after testing a bunch buy one from ebay or that store so that you don't have to risk buying something and end up not liking it.

But since you're stuck a little, I'll tell you that Head Intelligence is always good for most all players. The other two are not that great in my opinion. I've demoed a couple versions of the Ti and none of them suit my game (angled/paced shots). I've read some bad reviews about the Prince Storm. (Price hasn't really made anything good for a looooonnnngggg time)

Lastb0isct
03-02-2007, 05:40 PM
Thanks for the input HKz. I did get a good deal, in my opinion. I got all three raquets + wilson bag for 90$. Seems pretty good to me. They're also brand new, original strings. I got to play my first game with them and i got rocked.

I think you're right about the intelligence. I felt like it had the best response and a good thump sound, which helps me. I just have to work on my game a little bit, the old raquet that i had was not up to par w/ these at ALL!