Anyone going? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Anyone going?

Leo
02-21-2007, 06:53 PM
So I think I'm going to Miami on Monday, March 19th for the first day of qualifying. Has anyone ever been to Miami before during qualifying? Do they give out practice schedules beforehand for all the practice courts? How long does the day go (it says grounds open at 10 AM on the website)? How nice is the tournament overall? I'm guessing most players will be there practicing by then. SO excited!!!

Oj-Ala
02-22-2007, 02:03 AM
So I think I'm going to Miami on Monday, March 19th for the first day of qualifying. Has anyone ever been to Miami before during qualifying? Do they give out practice schedules beforehand for all the practice courts? How long does the day go (it says grounds open at 10 AM on the website)? How nice is the tournament overall? I'm guessing most players will be there practicing by then. SO excited!!!

They dont give you the practice courts schedules :mad: You have to keep checking ALL of them ;)

CooCooCachoo
02-22-2007, 05:41 AM

That would be like a first :lol:

Leo
02-24-2007, 08:52 PM
That would be like a first :lol:

Actually I've heard they do this at some Master Series tournaments, like Cincy. Anyway, it was a nice thought. :p

CooCooCachoo
02-24-2007, 09:12 PM
Actually I've heard they do this at some Master Series tournaments, like Cincy. Anyway, it was a nice thought. :p

Really?

Cause practice schedules are always highly subject to change. Players sign up for courts during the day itself, not just the day before.

tennisace
02-25-2007, 05:11 PM
In Toronto they posted who was practicing and on which court each hour on a big board. They don't in Miami and as the other poster said you just have to keep checking the courts. I've been to the qualies for the last dozen or so years and you should have no trouble seeing most anyone you want to see practice, numerous times. And generally, during qualies, the day begins winding down about 5ish.

cobalt60
02-25-2007, 05:20 PM
They don't have any schedules posted for Miami as far as who is practicing where and when. In Montreal the names were written on a board just before the players actually took to the practice court. In Cincy it is even better- there is an electronic scoreboard where they post almost the entire day's worth of practice schedules. So if it changes they seem to keep on top of it.:)

Tzar
03-08-2007, 11:44 PM
Ill be in the final!

fenomeno2111
03-11-2007, 07:58 PM
I'm volunteering in the tournament

Via
03-17-2007, 12:43 AM
They don't have any schedules posted for Miami as far as who is practicing where and when. In Montreal the names were written on a board just before the players actually took to the practice court. In Cincy it is even better- there is an electronic scoreboard where they post almost the entire day's worth of practice schedules. So if it changes they seem to keep on top of it.:)

:worship: i'd rather have this than hawkeye!

in melbourne, even the official daily autograph signing schedule was merely on a blackboard outside the tent lol

at most smaller tournaments, you don't even get an electronic scoreboard for the daily match schedule, let alone for practice. PR simply isn't taken seriously. or maybe all fans are treated as 'casual fans' who will just stumble onto any court and watch any match. or they should just follow one or two 'big names' on centre court :rolleyes:

cincimini
03-19-2007, 03:14 PM
Does anybody know what hotel the top players are staying at? I know the Four Seasons is an official sponsor, but does that mean the players will also stay there?

Thank you for any type of info!!:worship: :worship:

oscar_2424
03-19-2007, 06:03 PM
I am going wednesday and friday.:wavey:

nevermind
03-19-2007, 07:22 PM
I'm volunteering in the tournament

Hello , yes I read that on the HP you could volunteer !
That's great , what kind of work did you ask for ?
i hope you have a great time ,
wish I lived a bit more closer to the tourney ...
:wavey:

jole
03-19-2007, 08:08 PM

Have fun Leo. :)