Next tournament? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Next tournament?

sebabe
02-21-2007, 12:43 PM
Does anyone know what tournament Seb is to play in next?

Truc
02-21-2007, 12:56 PM
Indian Wells, unless he asks for a WC in Las Vegas to get some match practice.
He's also entered the Sunrise Challenger between IW and Miami.

sebabe
02-21-2007, 02:36 PM
Thanks, I hope he is practising hard or it won't be a long tournament!

aliasthad
03-31-2007, 01:10 PM
If Seb is the 5th player in the Davis Cup QF tie (April 6-8), does that mean he won't play Houston (April 9-15) after all?

:wavey:

lilibel13
03-31-2007, 10:47 PM
does he play
monte carlo?????

Marine
04-01-2007, 08:51 AM
Why he should not play ? I guess he does.

aliasthad
04-02-2007, 12:05 AM

Just because these tournaments overlap each other and are in different countries. And I thought I read that Seb only signed to play Houston in case he wasn't picked for DC.

In any case, I hope he does play all of them. :)

Hangdog
04-02-2007, 07:14 PM
It's written he is out of Monte-Carlo's alt list where he was number 4-5 or around. I doubt that's because he's got a WC or something so :sad:..
But I would really love him to play in Houston! Which is unlikely though.

As for the Davis Cup, I don't even know. On one hand, it may discourage him, that he, who's participated in two DC finals, can't be selected to the team... moreover in such team where there are no clearly far better (except Richard) players than him. On the other hand (and I do hope he's going to follow this way), it may otherwise bring him some new motivation, a wish to prove it everyone around that he is still that Sebastien Grosjean who's been world's number 3. In general, I think it's good that he comes even if as a 5th player.

Truc
04-03-2007, 08:20 AM
He comes as a 5th player because he knows that he has a fair chance to play. Otherwise he wouldn't go all the way to Moscow just to practice and cheer for the others. It's obvious when you read the last interviews (of Seb and Forget), the team selection still seems pretty open.
Grosjean, quelques balles pour convaincre
Sébastien Grosjean y croit dur comme fer, il peut faire partie de l'équipe qui défiera la Russie en quarts de finale de la Coupe Davis. Il l'a dit avant la sélection et après, conforté par les propos du capitaine Guy Forget : "Seb part derrière Richard et Paulo" mais en bref "son expérience peut jouer en sa faveur". "C'est clair, dit le Marseillais, je me prépare comme si je jouais cette rencontre." http://ace2007.blogs.eurosport.fr/archive/2007/04/01/grosjean-quelques-balles-pour-convaincre.html

As for Monte Carlo, I'm wondering too why he is out from the Alt list. It doesn't make any sense to me. It's stupid to give him a WC since he would have entered the main draw with his ranking. :shrug:

Truc
04-07-2007, 07:53 AM
He is in the main draw of Houston, it really looks like he's going to go back to the US after Moscow and skip Monte-Carlo. :confused:
Very strange decision, maybe he prefers to focus on smaller events instead of the TMS to improve his ranking again, but Monte-Carlo is like a home event for a Frenchie.