AFL Futures [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

AFL Futures

Bolar Bolabi
02-19-2007, 10:07 PM
Played the following this morning

Highest placed Victorian team - Bulldogs @ $4.25. Looking strong by all accounts particularly with some new recruits.

Make the final 8 - Brisbane @ $4.50 - This is based on injuries. If Brisbane have a run of luck with injuries and not forced to play first year players for most the year and have more than 25 fit men to pick from for more than half the year, they still have quality to finish around 7th - 10th. Also depends on how often Brown takes the field. Worth the play.

Essendon @ $2.25 - Mal Michael to Essendon's backline is big. It frees up Fletcher. Courtney Johns up forward with Matthew Lloyd and Scott Lucas and James Hird. I like this. Courtney is a good young kid. I expect him to have a big year. I think they will finish 7th or 8th.

Bolar Bolabi
02-19-2007, 10:11 PM
At first glance, my final 8 prediction is.

1. West Coast
2. Western Bulldogs
3. Adelaide
4. St.Kilda
5. Fremantle
6. Sydney
7. Brisbane
8. Essendon

Brisbane and Essendon and 9th place will be decided by %. I give Brisbane the edge considering they have 13 games in QLD I think.

mercurial
02-20-2007, 12:20 AM
I think that the wheels will fall off Adelaide somewhat, this season. It is an ageing group, and teams began to figure them out toward the back end of 2006. If they experience any sort of injury toll they'll be finishing 6th or 7th. With this in mind, I see definite value in fading them in the first 10 rounds. (Maybe)

By Friday I most likely will have made my first futures bet of 2007, that being Richmond to make the Top 8. Had they been anywhere close to contention last year they would have stormed into the eight, and I believe this year many of Terry Wallace's best laid plans will begin to come to fruition. Big-name players like Nathan Brown have had a full pre-season, and I expect them to hit the ground running, starting with Geelong this weekend. The obvious concern is the back 6 - when Richmond get a score kicked on them, they get a score kicked on them. But I genuinely think they are a hard, yet adaptable team. I expect them to be 4-6th at mid-season, before finishing 6-8th. By the way Sportingbet has them at 2.80 currently.

I am also considering laying Collingwood to make the eight, currently at 1.75. The Bulldogs exposed their pedestrian midfield last year, and 2007 may be the time the likes of Burns and Licuria fall by the wayside. They are THE public team, and will be definite fade value this season. Against mid-range sides. I do expect them to claim the scalp of several top 4 sides this season. They do have the guns to occasionally do this.

Port Adelaide should be again on the improve, but maybe not the eight just yet. Not sure with that one. Also interested in what everybody thinks of the Cats?? My mortal betting enemy this season, I expect them to rebound, but NOT WITH MY MONEY. Bastards.

sports freak
02-20-2007, 12:52 AM
Played the following this morning

Highest placed Victorian team - Bulldogs @ $4.25. Looking strong by all accounts particularly with some new recruits.

Make the final 8 - Brisbane @ $4.50 - This is based on injuries. If Brisbane have a run of luck with injuries and not forced to play first year players for most the year and have more than 25 fit men to pick from for more than half the year, they still have quality to finish around 7th - 10th. Also depends on how often Brown takes the field. Worth the play.

Essendon @ $2.25 - Mal Michael to Essendon's backline is big. It frees up Fletcher. Courtney Johns up forward with Matthew Lloyd and Scott Lucas and James Hird. I like this. Courtney is a good young kid. I expect him to have a big year. I think they will finish 7th or 8th.

Brisbane to make the 8,LMAO :haha: :cuckoo: :silly: No Vossy aswell,Akers left with Mal Michael therefor Lions need about 3 Johnathon Browns to make the top 8 my friend,Lions will finish in the region of 12th place imo!! Bulldogs are a good shot,if the Saints dont beat them there!!Also liking the looks of the Bombers this yr,impressive game in Darwin n there players look like theyre in for a big one this yr for the Champ Hirdy's finale :)

sports freak
02-20-2007, 01:04 AM
I think that the wheels will fall off Adelaide somewhat, this season. It is an ageing group, and teams began to figure them out toward the back end of 2006. If they experience any sort of injury toll they'll be finishing 6th or 7th. With this in mind, I see definite value in fading them in the first 10 rounds. (Maybe)

By Friday I most likely will have made my first futures bet of 2007, that being Richmond to make the Top 8. Had they been anywhere close to contention last year they would have stormed into the eight, and I believe this year many of Terry Wallace's best laid plans will begin to come to fruition. Big-name players like Nathan Brown have had a full pre-season, and I expect them to hit the ground running, starting with Geelong this weekend. The obvious concern is the back 6 - when Richmond get a score kicked on them, they get a score kicked on them. But I genuinely think they are a hard, yet adaptable team. I expect them to be 4-6th at mid-season, before finishing 6-8th. By the way Sportingbet has them at 2.80 currently.

I am also considering laying Collingwood to make the eight, currently at 1.75. The Bulldogs exposed their pedestrian midfield last year, and 2007 may be the time the likes of Burns and Licuria fall by the wayside. They are THE public team, and will be definite fade value this season. Against mid-range sides. I do expect them to claim the scalp of several top 4 sides this season. They do have the guns to occasionally do this.

Port Adelaide should be again on the improve, but maybe not the eight just yet. Not sure with that one. Also interested in what everybody thinks of the Cats?? My mortal betting enemy this season, I expect them to rebound, but NOT WITH MY MONEY. Bastards.

Adeliade Crows play for each other,hard to fade a team that does this!!
Richmond are a funny team no doubt,dont know what ya gonna get with this team almost as fustrating as the Cats!!!
Pies still have alot of talent,hard team to read could be like a Crows teams who starts to play for each other instead of some selfish players!!
Power is on the up,no doubt unlike the Lions who are going down!!
Geelong - Interesting you mention this team,On their day they can blow teams off the water,other days they look like 2nd grade VFL players,still has a bad record on the road therefor until they improve that will be the difference cos theyre still hard to beat at Skill Stadium!!

Bolar Bolabi
02-20-2007, 01:13 AM
It's value more than anything Freak. Brisbane will finish between 7th and 12th injuries permitting.

Brisbane's kids are good and I have confidence that they will step into their roles. Merrett is our FB this year.

You're looking at the following team, injuries permitting. Minus the inexperience in the key position back areas, it's still a pretty good team. Bradshaw may play more down back and if he does, we still have a forward contingent capable of kicking enough goals. We'll get run out of that defence. Our midfield will be much stronger with a fit Lappin in there, fit Hadley and fit Adcock. Injuries permitting, that will be one of our strongest teams.

B: Chris Johnson, Daniel Merrett, Josh Drummond
HB: Robert Copeland, Jason Roe, Tim Notting
C: Michael Rischitelli, Simon Black, Nigel Lappin
HF: Jared Brennan, Jonathan Brown, Scott Harding
F: Mitchell Clark, Daniel Bradshaw, Ash McGrath

FOLL: Jamie Charman, Justin Sherman, Luke Power

INT: Richard Hadley, Cameron Wood (big year), Ben Fixter, Jed Adcock

Emergency: Selwood, Patful, MacDonald, McDonald, Mills, Scott, Moody

Like I say, it's value more than anything and if Brisbane don't finish in the 8, they will finish close to the 8. I don't mind throwing this money away because if we can finally have the good run with injuries, we'll win 11 or 12 games and that will get us close to the 8, if not in the 8.

Bolar Bolabi
02-20-2007, 01:15 AM
Adeliade Crows play for each other,hard to fade a team that does this!!
Richmond are a funny team no doubt,dont know what ya gonna get with this team almost as fustrating as the Cats!!!
Pies still have alot of talent,hard team to read could be like a Crows teams who starts to play for each other instead of some selfish players!!
Power is on the up,no doubt unlike the Lions who are going down!!
Geelong - Interesting you mention this team,On their day they can blow teams off the water,other days they look like 2nd grade VFL players,still has a bad record on the road therefor until they improve that will be the difference cos theyre still hard to beat at Skill Stadium!!

Richmond for bottom 4.

Brisbane were only non-competitive last year due to all their injuries. With not so many injuries and not relying on immature bodies to carry you through a season, Brisbane will improve from last year. Mark my words. You may think I"m crazy now, but we'll see who was right at the end of the year.

sports freak
02-20-2007, 01:27 AM
No worries Bolar,yeah injuries are a key no doubt to any team but more so with teams that dont have the depth which is like a double blow,hope Johnathon Brown plays the whole yr for ya,might put some $$ on him for the Brownlow Medal,One hell of a Player and you Brissy guys should look after him more cos this guy depending on injuries is the most influectual players in the league,love the way he goes about it!!The Hawks wouldve love to have him no doubt,you can have Croad and another pic or 2,lol!!!I honestly dont think the Lions can crack the top 8 and thats with bare injuries included,havent looked at there draw which is another key ingredients!!!

sports freak
02-20-2007, 01:31 AM
Richmond for bottom 4.

Brisbane were only non-competitive last year due to all their injuries. With not so many injuries and not relying on immature bodies to carry you through a season, Brisbane will improve from last year. Mark my words. You may think I"m crazy now, but we'll see who was right at the end of the year.

You are Crazy :rolleyes: Lions wont make the 8,Mark my Words ;)
Richmond for bottom 4,honestly cant see that happening,more like the Shinboners making the bottom 4!!

Bolar Bolabi
02-20-2007, 01:55 AM
Brown for the brownlow is a good bet. He racked the votes last year by playing a handfull of games. All he needs to do is play 15 games and he might win it.

Croad and another pic? You're dreaming.

Give us Mitchell and Hodge and we'll give you Brown. ;)

sports freak
02-20-2007, 02:18 AM
Brown for the brownlow is a good bet. He racked the votes last year by playing a handfull of games. All he needs to do is play 15 games and he might win it.

Croad and another pic? You're dreaming.

Give us Mitchell and Hodge and we'll give you Brown. ;)

Exactly Bolar,im hoping Brown plays even more!his last couple of yrs have been troubled with niggling injuries and maybe this is his yr :) The good thing is he wont get many players taking votes of his like Vossy and Aker,maybe Powell n Black will take a few away with Lappin but the rest should be his :D

Bolar i said Croad n a pic or 2 :rolleyes: but Croad/Mitchell and Hodge :eek: your not asking for much champ :mad:

Bolar Bolabi
02-20-2007, 03:08 AM
And Sherman will take votes too. But the umpires notice Brown.

I didn't want Croad. Mitchell and Hodge will do. However, midfielders grow on trees - excellent KPP's don't.

I remember when Brown first came on the scene. I said to a fellow lions supporter in his first year that this Brown will rock the AFL and dominate games like Carey did and be a future Brownlow medalist. You know what she said to me? I don't think he's that good. :haha:

its.like.that
02-20-2007, 03:53 AM
Also liking the looks of the Bombers this yr,impressive game in Darwin n there players look like theyre in for a big one this yr for the Champ Hirdy's finale :)

:haha:

Bombers will be last or 2nd last.

its.like.that
02-20-2007, 03:58 AM

I didn't want Croad. Mitchell and Hodge will do. However, midfielders grow on trees - excellent KPP's don't.

I remember when Brown first came on the scene. I said to a fellow lions supporter in his first year that this Brown will rock the AFL and dominate games like Carey did and be a future Brownlow medalist. You know what she said to me? I don't think he's that good. :haha:

Give us Brown, and we'll give you Rowan Jones, Ashley Sampi and Adam Selwood.

:D

Bolar Bolabi
02-20-2007, 04:29 AM
Dream on!

If that trade ever happened, I'd do mass murder at the club and then turn on myself.

Bolar Bolabi
02-20-2007, 04:29 AM

I disagree

sports freak
02-22-2007, 03:16 PM

:confused: you watching the same sport :rolleyes:

sports freak
02-22-2007, 03:21 PM

How can the umpires not take notice of Brown,his a human wrecking machine who is most feared by in the league!!KKP's??please explain Bolar? I bet that poor girl is hiding everytime she sees ya :D he is a SPECIAL player no doubt that Brownie :)

sports freak
02-22-2007, 03:25 PM
Give us Brown, and we'll give you Rowan Jones, Ashley Sampi and Adam Selwood.

:D

:haha: you forgot Michael Braun ;) what about Judd/Lynch for Brown,lol!!

radiofriendly
03-29-2007, 11:32 AM
Coleman medal - Barry Hall @ $7
Lance Franklin @ $41 (Not really expecting this one to get up but I'm a Hawks supporter so just a bit of fun, but that said can still see him kicking a couple each week so you never know)

sports freak
03-29-2007, 12:44 PM
Coleman medal - Barry Hall @ $7
Lance Franklin @ $41 (Not really expecting this one to get up but I'm a Hawks supporter so just a bit of fun, but that said can still see him kicking a couple each week so you never know)

U Fuggin Beauty,another Hawks supporter :D Lets kick their asses!!