5 St Kilda v Brisbane Lions Cazaly Stadium 24 February
6 Geelong v Richmond Skilled Stadium 25 February
7 Melbourne v Hawthorn Telstra Dome 25 February
8 Fremantle v West Coast Subiaco 25 February

Full Schedule here
http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=fixture&spg=nabcup07

Bolar Bolabi
02-18-2007, 03:20 AM
I'd be inclined to go the Bulldogs or the Bombers.

bad gambler
02-18-2007, 06:00 AM
Eagles will probably win

its.like.that
02-18-2007, 06:20 AM
Doubt it.

Eagles don't care about this crap.

Bolar Bolabi
02-18-2007, 09:21 PM
Does any team care?

I know Brisbane don't. Most our team will consist of 17 - 19 year olds.

Bolar Bolabi
02-18-2007, 09:24 PM
I'm predicting Port will flog Adelaide
Bulldogs will destroy Sydney
Kangaroos over Collingwood
Essendon V Carlton will be a very close match
Richmond over Geelong
Hawthorn over Melbourne
Fremantle over West Coast (the only cup Fremantle will ever have a chance of winning :haha:)
Brisbane over St.Kilda - only coz I rate our kids better.

Bolar Bolabi
02-18-2007, 09:24 PM
Will I bet on any of these matches?

No.

sports freak
02-20-2007, 01:12 AM
I'm predicting Port will flog Adelaide
Bulldogs will destroy Sydney
Kangaroos over Collingwood
Essendon V Carlton will be a very close match
Richmond over Geelong
Hawthorn over Melbourne
Fremantle over West Coast (the only cup Fremantle will ever have a chance of winning :haha:)
Brisbane over St.Kilda - only coz I rate our kids better.

Will be interesting to see the odds on the Dogs n Bombers,feel both should win,agree on most of your predictions :)

bossboss
02-20-2007, 11:22 AM
waiting for odds .. most likely i will be doing equal stakes all +lines , hoping to hit better than 4-4 week.. funny concept , but because NAB cup is unpredicable, i will be happy with any point start

bossboss
02-22-2007, 10:58 AM
Allright .. Here we go. first bet of the pre-season and i will be keeping records for the first time
collingwood over Kangaroos 2 units @ 3.75

Pre season Records : W/L 0-0 Profit/Loss 0 units

bossboss
02-23-2007, 05:15 AM
Wow .. pies drifted to 4.15:eek: no sure why?
Anyway added 2 more units @ +23.5 points .. so total staked 4 units on this game.

Back later

sports freak
02-23-2007, 06:01 AM
Good luck on the Pies,bossboss!! the points looks tempting!!for the other games its very hard to gauge on how each team main interests!!

Crows vs Port Adelaide - Leaning towards the Crows only cos they lost badly to the Power in their last matchup last yr which could be on their minds!!

Bolar Bolabi
02-23-2007, 06:19 AM
I agree here. In a pre-season competition where matches are 50/50 - there is no way a team should be giving away 24.5 points. I don't care who the opposition is. Therefore, based on this reasoning, it's wise to go the Pies tonight.

Collingwood +24.5 @ $1.90

Being here in Adelaide, I'm also having a stab on Port to win @ $1.90. They want it more based on things I've read.

Good luck!

Bolar Bolabi
02-23-2007, 06:29 AM
There is one sure bet and that is Hawthorn this week. They are primed. Melbourne are resting important players and Hawthorn by all reports are flying. I think they'll thrash Melbourne.

sports freak
02-23-2007, 06:29 AM
I agree here. In a pre-season competition where matches are 50/50 - there is no way a team should be giving away 24.5 points. I don't care who the opposition is. Therefore, based on this reasoning, it's wise to go the Pies tonight.

Collingwood +24.5 @ $1.90

Being here in Adelaide, I'm also having a stab on Port to win @ $1.90. They want it more based on things I've read.

Good luck!

Phuck it,lets do it!Go Pies with the pts,good luck on Port which is fair enough they want it more!!

sports freak
02-23-2007, 06:31 AM
There is one sure bet and that is Hawthorn this week. They are primed. Melbourne are resting important players and Hawthorn by all reports are flying. I think they'll thrash Melbourne.

Bolar is an :angel:

Bolar Bolabi
02-23-2007, 06:33 AM
Hawthorn are ready Freak. I see the Hawks winning by more than 7 goals.

sports freak
02-23-2007, 06:46 AM
Hawthorn are ready Freak. I see the Hawks winning by more than 7 goals.

:) Hawks also play hard against the Dees,seems like we are a bogey team to them!!Go Hawkssssssss,margin could be anywhere but i think the Hwks want this win more anyway,havent looked at the matchups,not that it would really count cos i believe the Dees dont take this serious either,bigger fish to fry for them later in the yr!!Coaches are more often worried about injuries these days more then ever b4!!!

Bolar Bolabi
02-23-2007, 06:49 AM
And I think Brisbane will beat St.Kilda. We're taking this seriously. Plus having Rhan Hooper walk back in on the club today is a big omen.

sports freak
02-23-2007, 06:54 AM
And I think Brisbane will beat St.Kilda. We're taking this seriously. Plus having Rhan Hooper walk back in on the club today is a big omen.

Cos you know why,this is Lions only chance of beating the Saints this yr :p Never heard of Rhan Hooper??

bossboss
02-23-2007, 11:28 AM
Wow .. pies drifted to 4.15:eek: no sure why?
Anyway added 2 more units @ +23.5 points .. so total staked 4 units on this game.

Back later

Calling it Loss at almost Q3 101-38 ,

Pre Season Records W/L 0/2 Profit/Loss (-4 units)

Bolar Bolabi
02-23-2007, 11:45 AM
Cos you know why,this is Lions only chance of beating the Saints this yr :p Never heard of Rhan Hooper??

Little aborginal kid. Was a big thing for us last year in his 11 games playing in the forward 50 kicking goals and applying pressure to keep the ball in the attacking 50. He walked out on the club a month ago citing personal reasons and lack of motivation. He came back yesterday. He will have a big year when he hits the park.

We'll beat St.Kilda this year. With a full team, we'll make the 8 ;)

bossboss
02-24-2007, 02:54 AM
alright 3 games tonight..
Playing only the one

Essendon to cover -14.5 @ 1.9 (5 units)
Forward line that has Lloyd , Scott Lucas, Courtney Johns will prove the difference, the addition of Mal Michael in backline will take care of the business the other end of the ground.

Bolar Bolabi
02-24-2007, 03:31 AM
Brisbane will beat St.Kilda tonight. We have more experience with our young guys. Ross Lyon is just interested in seeing his kids. We want to win.

sports freak
02-24-2007, 03:32 AM
Little aborginal kid. Was a big thing for us last year in his 11 games playing in the forward 50 kicking goals and applying pressure to keep the ball in the attacking 50. He walked out on the club a month ago citing personal reasons and lack of motivation. He came back yesterday. He will have a big year when he hits the park.

Ah yes Bolar,its comin back to me now!!Plays in the forward like Leon Neon,with a sort of longish afro hair!!Not a bad kid but he wont be that much of a differnce Bolar,these kind of players are easily subsituted especially if form isnt good!!You need more Superstars champ ;) How can you beat a team when theyve flogged ya by 100pts a couple of times in previous yr :eek: Bolar if Lions make the Final 8,im gonna jump off the Sydney Harbour Bridge Naked :p

bad gambler
02-24-2007, 04:16 AM
Doggies are going to belt the living shit out of the Swans :lol:

bad gambler
02-24-2007, 05:07 AM
Btw how many points is a "super goal" worth? 10 points or more?

bossboss
02-24-2007, 08:14 AM

super goal is 9 points

Also the behind is 1 point , but the rush behind is 3 points .. which is 1 point in regular season

Mr Flamboyant
02-24-2007, 09:37 AM
Brisbane +7.5 v StKilda - $1.75

Taking the points but don't think I'll need them ..

gl

Mr Flamboyant
02-24-2007, 10:23 AM

gl

oops

bossboss
02-24-2007, 11:49 AM
alright 3 games tonight..
Playing only the one

Essendon to cover -14.5 @ 1.9 (5 units)
Forward line that has Lloyd , Scott Lucas, Courtney Johns will prove the difference, the addition of Mal Michael in backline will take care of the business the other end of the ground.

Essendon with some bad luck.. how many shots hit the post??? Bet lost

Pre season Records W/L 0-3 Profit Loss -9 units

Mr Flamboyant
02-24-2007, 12:07 PM

gl

W

That's a great comeback from the Lions considering the attrocious conditions up here tonight ... they trailed by 28 points in the first quarter

Bolar Bolabi
02-24-2007, 12:08 PM
W

That's a great comeback from the Lions considering the attrocious conditions up here tonight ... they trailed by 28 points in the first quarter

Very good comeback.

rod_steel
02-24-2007, 12:31 PM

I actually thought Brissy are great value for getting the spoon :confused:

rod_steel
02-24-2007, 12:38 PM

Good to see you have the scoring system downpat :tape:

Bolar Bolabi
02-24-2007, 09:00 PM
I actually thought Brissy are great value for getting the spoon :confused:

Depends on injuries mate.

I'm going with Hawthorn today.

Also Hawthorn -7.5

Richmond +14.5

bad gambler
02-25-2007, 12:25 AM
Good to see you have the scoring system downpat :tape:

I don't do preseason

I'd have a better chance on the blackjack table at Star City than picking winners in this competition

sports freak
02-25-2007, 02:36 AM
I don't do preseason

I'd have a better chance on the blackjack table at Star City than picking winners in this competition

Very true,i think this comp is a classic fade the public scenario!!Also black jack is 50/50 dont you think the Roulette Table suits it more!!

sports freak
02-25-2007, 02:38 AM
Depends on injuries mate.

I'm going with Hawthorn today.

Also Hawthorn -7.5

Richmond +14.5

Agree on both pics,good luck!!

sports freak
02-25-2007, 02:39 AM
W

Dont you think the Saints just let off the Gas abit ;)

Mr Flamboyant
02-25-2007, 02:55 AM
^ Well they didn't stop trying ... any comeback from five goals down in those conditions is worthy of merit ..

Bolar Bolabi
02-25-2007, 03:51 AM
Brisbane are treating this pre-season cup very seriously.

rod_steel
02-25-2007, 05:58 AM
I am on the Tigers as well against the Cats that isn't going quite well at the moment :lol:

its.like.that
02-25-2007, 10:01 AM
Eagles definitely worth a shot at 3+

Mr Flamboyant
02-25-2007, 10:08 AM
Paper bet for me tonight was West Coast +20.5 .. That line looked a tad askew, but then again so is the NAB..

sports freak
02-25-2007, 11:09 AM
Tips for NAB Cup = Public Road Kill!!!

What eva team you like in a match,and you feel really confident then Pound the shit out of the Other Side,most likely until the Semi Finals even then its stil Bodgy!!!

Just a side note - How sick is Freo's forward line if they have Sandilands/Pavlich/Tarrant and Farmer roaming around,shit thats a potent n scary accusation!!

bad gambler
02-25-2007, 11:18 AM
Freo do look good on paper this year, might have a futures bet on them to beat the Eagles on the ladder during the regular season. But of course they will choke come finals time, it's in their culture

bad gambler
02-25-2007, 11:21 AM
One observation I have is how good the Hawks' fitness is - they should present some value in second half betting throughout the season given their young list. Something worth noting IMO

sports freak
02-25-2007, 11:25 AM
Freo do look good on paper this year, might have a futures bet on them to beat the Eagles on the ladder during the regular season. But of course they will choke come finals time, it's in their culture

They are another Running Machine with Pace to Burn,the only reason why they choke is cos theyre still young n of course you need experience no matter what plus theyre bodies werent up to it against the more physical side previously but now is a different story,the last couple of yrs their mental toughness is abit better,i guess that's due to the belief in the side aswell!!These W.A teams are just dominating,quite scary then you got your Swannies!!How many places are left in the top 4 :confused:

its.like.that
02-25-2007, 11:29 AM
Eagles have picked up right where they left off! :D

4 goals 13 behinds!!! :rocker2:

sports freak
02-25-2007, 11:32 AM
One observation I have is how good the Hawks' fitness is - they should present some value in second half betting throughout the season given their young list. Something worth noting IMO

Hawks are good for the 1st half then fade em in the 2nd imo,theyre like the Dockers about 3 yrs ago i feel!!!They will trouble some teams but hard to string soo many wins together or get those away wins which are very important no doubt!!

Bolar Bolabi
02-25-2007, 09:25 PM
Hawks are looking pretty good. Reports were correct

its.like.that
02-25-2007, 11:39 PM
hey Freak, who do you want for Lance Franklin?

:D

Bolar Bolabi
02-26-2007, 01:25 AM
I wouldn't mind Franklin at Brisbane. He'll kick over 50 goals this year for Hawthorn.

Mr Flamboyant
02-26-2007, 02:54 AM

In the meantime they appear to have a pretty favourable run to the NAB Cup title ...

its.like.that
02-26-2007, 03:55 AM
lol.. I don't know why you guys are so interested in betting on this shit.

sports freak
02-26-2007, 12:50 PM
hey Freak, who do you want for Lance Franklin?

:D

lol Jimbo :rolleyes: Lance Frankin = PRICELESS ;) The HEART n SOUL of the Hawks with Hodge n Mitchell for the next 5-10 yrs therefor he will be playin more then 200 + games aswell :D :wavey:

sports freak
02-26-2007, 12:51 PM
I wouldn't mind Franklin at Brisbane. He'll kick over 50 goals this year for Hawthorn.

I wouldnt mind Brown at Hawthorn :rolleyes:

Bolar Bolabi
03-02-2007, 06:20 AM
Tonight

Bulldogs 1 - 39 points @ $2.30 - Leigh Matthews publically came out and said that Brisbane aern't going to eye the 1 million dollar prize. They are wanting to stay injury free and prepare the team for what the pre-season is all about, round 1 and the upcoming season.

With that said, I expect the Dogs to win but I don't think they'll blow us out of the water that high. So the line is one I'm not going to touch. Instead I'll go the safe option.

Bolar Bolabi
03-02-2007, 10:48 AM
I'm quite happy losing a bet if it means Brisbane wins. That, I wasn't expecting.

bossboss
03-03-2007, 05:06 AM
trying one more bet in pre-season .. if it loses , i will be back in regular season

Hawks to cover -12.5 .. Hawks should feel at home they have a good win/loss ratio in Tasmania .. it is sunny 27 degree . Add to that Lance Whitnall distractions during the week .and i don't think Jarrod Waite should play in defence (2 units)

Pre season records Win/Loss 0-3 Profit/Loss -9 units

bossboss
03-03-2007, 09:24 AM
calling this a loss (unless it goes overtime.. ha ha)

Pre season records 0-4 profit/loss -11 unit

no more pre-season ...see you in regular season

Mr Flamboyant
03-03-2007, 09:42 AM
BB ... I'm as hesitant on these pre-season glorified training runs as you, but if you are tempted to get involved in these games then taking the team catching points is the better option imo ... at least then you have a double chance in the sense that the team you back doesn't actually have to win the game ... in a lottery I'd rather have the + points ..

bossboss
03-03-2007, 10:26 AM
waiting for odds .. most likely i will be doing equal stakes all +lines , hoping to hit better than 4-4 week.. funny concept , but because NAB cup is unpredicable, i will be happy with any point start

this is what i planning to do before the start . i said that before the weekone start. taking all +ve line
got burnt with Pies.

Had a change of though. on Essendon that they will destroy carlton with very powerful forward line and solid. no good
and today with Hawks .in tasmania

Bolar Bolabi
03-08-2007, 09:20 PM
Brisbane @ $4.25

I'll also take the line when it's available.

See this as a potential close match. We will try and win this match and whilst I believe travelling may be a factor for Brisbane, Geelong had a tough match up in Darwin and are coming off a 6 day break to Brisbane's 7.

Bolar Bolabi
03-09-2007, 11:44 AM
Brisbane @ $4.25

I'll also take the line when it's available.

See this as a potential close match. We will try and win this match and whilst I believe travelling may be a factor for Brisbane, Geelong had a tough match up in Darwin and are coming off a 6 day break to Brisbane's 7.

:cool:

Let's finish it off with a win next week to keep a positive start to the year going along. Pretty good performance without any big forwards tonight. These young kids are good. See how they perform when the season proper starts.

Bolar Bolabi
03-13-2007, 05:51 AM
Getting on this one early before the price comes in.

Brisbane @ $2 to beat Carlton

Jonathan Brown is back and more than likely Daniel Bradshaw, Jamie Charman and Ben Fixter. That tells me Brisbane want to win this thing. We have done well without any key forwards but now we have the key forwards back, I think we'll get over the top.

It all depends on how the travel factor will affect Brisbane and what Fev will do with Carlton. Fev is Carlton's key to winning. Battle will also be won in the midfield.

With Brisbane's inclusions, I think $2 is a good price.

This could well and truly be the wooden spoon battle too. But I doubt it.

sports freak
03-15-2007, 11:15 AM
Good luck Bolar,i spotted somethin else that looks really juicy and cannot believe the Total for this game!!

Carlton Blues vs Brisbane Lions Over 177.5pts total -Blues dont have any Defence while Fev n Brown should kick a bag full!!