Chucho get some match practice in Düsseldorf and winning is just a bonus [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Chucho get some match practice in Düsseldorf and winning is just a bonus

Action Jackson
02-17-2007, 04:50 AM
Chucho returns back to the circuit and will play his home event, where he first made an impact on the tour.

Yes, it's the shitty RR format, but hopefully he can do well here and build up for the clay season in Europe.

Hendu
02-17-2007, 05:28 AM
Palermo is a neiborhood in Buenos Aires.

The Buenos Aires Lawn Tennis Club is located in Palermo.

Action Jackson
02-17-2007, 05:30 AM
Everyone seems to live in Palermo.

Hendu
02-17-2007, 05:37 AM

If by everyone you mean tennis players, its reasonable.

The Buenos Aires Lawn Tennis Club and Vilas Club (two of the places where most of the players train) are in Palermo. Its an expensive neiborhood with beautiful gardens (the biggest in Bs. As.) and artificial lakes.

Action Jackson
02-17-2007, 05:39 AM
If by everyone you mean tennis players, its reasonable.

The Buenos Aires Lawn Tennis Club and Vilas Club (two of the places where most of the players train) are in Palermo. Its an expensive neiborhood with beautiful gardens (the biggest in Bs. As.) and artificial lakes.

How many days of the tournament are you going to?

Hendu
02-17-2007, 05:43 AM
How many days of the tournament are you going to?

Don't know yet, in fact I don't know if I am going this year. I have to solve some issues related to work first.

Here is a picture of a part of Palermo, the courts of the Buenos Aires Lawn Tennis Club and also some of the courts of the Vilas Club.

http://www.edena.unlugar.com/vistaaerea00.jpg

lau
02-17-2007, 09:40 AM
I lived there for years :lol: It´s one of the biggest, if not the biggest, neighbourhood. It´s not cheap, but it has its expensive and cheap parts. Chucho lives is an (expensive) zone that is usually compared to NY´s Soho (far from it obviously), btw.
Nice thread title :D
The best luck to Chucho. Time to play some clay matches, get back the points lost in Viña´s week and play infront of your home crowd. :dance:

Action Jackson
02-17-2007, 09:45 AM
Palermo seems the place to be in Buenos Aires and thanks for the screen shot Willy. Big parklands, airport and as usual the wide streets.

lau
02-17-2007, 09:49 AM
I stumbled upon this wikipedia article some time ago when trying to explain Palermo to a friend :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palermo%2C_Buenos_Aires

anna10
02-17-2007, 03:12 PM
Looks like a nice spot, thanks for the info, Willy and Lau.

Good luck to Chucho, time to start getting back on track on the clay. I believe semis and finals are being broadcast here, so have selfish reasons as well for hoping he goes far here.

Action Jackson
02-18-2007, 05:53 AM
Here is the draw for Bs As and Chucho has Roitman and the winner of Hartfield and qualifier.

Main draw elimination:
http://www.atptennis.com/1/posting/2007/506/mde.pdf

MONTANES, Albert ESP vs. Qualifier=ME1
STARACE, Potito ITA vs. (WC) ZABALETA, Mariano ARG=ME2
DI MAURO, Alessio ITA vs. Qualifier-ME3
VANEK, Jiri CZE vs. ANDREEV, Igor RUS=ME4
DEVILDER, Nicolas FRA vs. Qualifier=ME5
(SE) CANAS, Guillermo ARG vs. (WC) GUZMAN, Juan-Pablo ARG=ME6
(WC) HARTFIELD, Diego ARG vs. Qualifier=ME7
DLOUHY, Lukas CZE vs. (SE) SARETTA, Flavio BRA=ME8

Main draw singles:
http://www.atptennis.com/1/posting/2007/506/mds.pdf

Group 1:
(1) NALBANDIAN, David (ARG)
HORNA, Luis (PER)
ME6

Group 2:
(5) MOYA, Carlos (ESP)
MONACO, Juan (ARG)
ME2

Group 3:
(4) ALMAGRO, Nicolas (ESP)
VASSALLO ARGUELLO, Martin (ARG)
ME1

Group 4:
(7) CHELA, Juan Ignacio (ARG)
MARTIN, Alberto (ESP)
ME4

Group 5:
(6) GAUDIO, Gaston (ARG)
RAMIREZ HIDALGO, Ruben (ESP)
ME3

Group 6:
(3) CALLERI, Agustin (ARG)
MASSU, Nicolas (CHI)
ME8

Group 7:
(8) ACASUSO, Jose (ARG)
ROITMAN, Sergio (ARG)
ME7

Group 8:
(2) FERRERO, Juan Carlos (ESP)
LAPENTTI, Nicolas (ECU)
ME5

Finals Round:

Winner Group 1 vs. Winner Group 2

Winner Group 3 vs. Winner Group 4

Winner Group 5 vs. Winner Group 6

Winner Group 7 vs. Winner Group 8

Choupi
02-18-2007, 08:34 AM
Vamos Chucho!!

lau
02-18-2007, 01:13 PM
Geeeez.... that draw...., RR pisses me off... :o

You´re welcome anna, thanks George.... and Choupi :rocker2:

:lol:

I♥PsY@Mus!c
02-18-2007, 03:23 PM
I never like RR too! :ras:
Chucho should win the first match,go! :rocker2:

Action Jackson
02-19-2007, 08:25 AM
Not an easy match first up and hope Chucho can take out Roitman.

maria87
02-19-2007, 09:39 AM
Chucho plays Roitman today at the evening sesion, last match

About Palermo it was the neibourghood of Borges in the earlier decades of the XX Century and now it is divided in sections called with funny names: Pallermo-Hollywood, Palermo-Soho :lol: very busy with fashion designs and show business

http://www.palermohollywood.net/

Palermo-Chico and Palermo-Viejo were the oldest between them

If i can i will do a report of the match live.

Action Jackson
02-20-2007, 01:43 AM
Tough 1st set for Chucho, but he wasn't able to take it and Roitman was too good and won the second easily.

Chucho always struggles after a break, but with this shitty format he has another match against Hartfield.

Hendu
02-20-2007, 01:52 AM
Tough 1st set for Chucho, but he wasn't able to take it and Roitman was too good and won the second easily.

Chucho always struggles after a break, but with this shitty format he has another match against Hartfield.

Chucho didn't even win a set... so he has to beat Hartfield in two and wait for Hartfield to also beat Roitman in two... but not too easily because el gato would make the quarterfinal.

Damn, I hate RR.

Action Jackson
02-20-2007, 01:56 AM
Chucho didn't even win a set... so he has to beat Hartfield in two and wait for Hartfield to also beat Roitman in two... but not too easily because el gato would make the quarterfinal.

Damn, I hate RR.

It wouldn't surprise me if it's a 1-1-1 in this group. It would come down to a loss of games, if that was the case.

Well all Chucho can do is his best and if he wins against Hartfield, then he has won a match, but he doesn't deserve to go through.

PS I have started a Sergio thread here in Chico Latinos, he deserves one.

Hendu
02-20-2007, 02:00 AM
It wouldn't surprise me if it's a 1-1-1 in this group. It would come down to a loss of games, if that was the case.

Well all Chucho can do is his best and if he wins against Hartfield, then he has won a match, but he doesn't deserve to go through.

Why do I need a PhD on Mathematics to follow a tournament???

If Roitman keeps playing like today, I don't see him losing to Hartfield.

PS. I watched an interview of Horna. He said he likes RR, but not this format, that is too complicated for the fans, but the one used in Chile...

Action Jackson
02-20-2007, 02:30 AM

If Roitman keeps playing like today, I don't see him losing to Hartfield.

PS. I watched an interview of Horna. He said he likes RR, but not this format, that is too complicated for the fans, but the one used in Chile...

Yes, the RR format is a joke in whatever format and of course Lucho is going to like the one that got him success :p

Chucho playing Hartfield, well if he wins that is good enough for me and then he can go on to Acapulco and then build up some momentum there. It's a risky strategy what Orsanic and Chucho are doing, but I understand it.

Hendu
02-20-2007, 02:39 AM
Yes, the RR format is a joke in whatever format and of course Lucho is going to like the one that got him success :p

Chucho playing Hartfield, well if he wins that is good enough for me and then he can go on to Acapulco and then build up some momentum there. It's a risky strategy what Orsanic and Chucho are doing, but I understand it.

whats the strategy?

Action Jackson
02-20-2007, 02:43 AM
whats the strategy?

They are playing less tournaments than usual.

Hendu
02-20-2007, 02:45 AM
They are playing less tournaments than usual.

well, we will see how that works in the long term.

Action Jackson
02-20-2007, 07:43 AM
This is from Willy Canas and thanks very much for this.

Acasuso was playing well in the first set, but Roitman was fighting to keep up with that level of play. Roitman won a couple of key points and won the first set. After that, Chucho was very mad at himself and started playing poorly while Roitman gained confidence and played much better.

This is the biggest win for Roitman, in his whole career.

It was a good match.

Choupi
02-20-2007, 07:44 AM
Thanks for the report, to both of you.

maria87
02-20-2007, 09:44 AM
Report Agree with WillyCañas report. Chucho was playing well the first set with conviciton and being focus as i said in the report live, good shots from both forehand and backhands on the line. Eventhoug RR was serving a little bit better than him and that's made a difference. RR also used a lot of drop shots to make him run. Sometimes he did was effectiv, sometimes Chucho coudl return. It was a good match in the first set.
Chucho lost completely focus and self-control in second set. He threw the raquet 3 times in a row till he coudl go to change it, he made a lot of errors and walked away from court very frustrated :eek: i never have seen Chucho so frustrated, he reminded me Marat more than ever. Since 2001 he is not progressing so far in Buenos Aires, I wonder why.

He is not doing well lately: he lost in AO first round, he didn't play well in Davis Cup, he played very bad second set yesterday in Buenos Aires. I wonder what is going on.
He lost 7-6, 6-1. I hate Round Robin too.

Action Jackson
02-20-2007, 09:56 AM
Roitman was very good in this match and Chucho played very well in his singles in Davis Cup, it's a long season and Chucho needs to be better in the big events.

lau
02-20-2007, 11:47 AM
Thanks everybody for the information. I can´t watch the matches these days so I really appreciate it :)

:lol:

Action Jackson
02-20-2007, 11:58 AM
Thanks everybody for the information. I can´t watch the matches these days so I really appreciate it :)

Yes, it's appreciated and I have started threads for Roitman and Vassallo Arguello they need love to:p

lau
02-20-2007, 12:19 PM
Yes, it's appreciated and I have started threads for Roitman and Vassallo Arguello they need love to:p

:lol: ok, I´ll go to spread some of my love over there :lol:

maria87
02-20-2007, 10:16 PM
Roitman was very good in this match and Chucho played very well in his singles in Davis Cup, it's a long season and Chucho needs to be better in the big events.

yes, that's right..fot that i said that Chucho lost in first round of Australian Open, we expected better for him. I hope he can improve his game in clay european season this year. But i feel he is not comfortable on court right now and that is worrying me.

maria87
02-20-2007, 10:18 PM

you are welcome, lau :) I am glad to give some info to the ones that cannot see the matches. I am sure WillyC feels the same. :)

maria87
02-21-2007, 11:07 AM
Chucho is second turn in court 2 starting the matches at 12 Buenos Aires hour.
He plays Hartfield.
So maybe at hour 2pm or 3 pm. I will do a report if i can.

Hendu
02-21-2007, 05:09 PM
The battle of the Misioneros was short.

el Gato Hartfield def. Acasuso 6-3 ret.

Hope Chucho has nothing serious.

maria87
02-21-2007, 05:10 PM
Tv is just showing central court.
So we just have the score: he lost first sert 6-3. :sad:

maria87
02-21-2007, 05:12 PM
oh he just retired :sad: well i was indeed not comfortable on court. I will try to find what is going on with him. Let's hope he will be better soon.

maria87
02-21-2007, 05:16 PM
the news just say Callero withdrew and Acasuso retired after losing 3-6 with physical problems.

maria87
02-21-2007, 05:18 PM

sorry i didn't see your post, WillyC. sure we were posting at same time!
News just mentioned "physical problems"...it was evident in the last set with Roitman, he wasn't comfortable on court at all.

lau
02-21-2007, 05:24 PM

:unsure:

maria87
02-21-2007, 05:29 PM
I just heard on TV that the problem for Chucho was a big pain on his elbow, the doctor said that he will be able to play next tournament anyway. :)

Choupi
02-21-2007, 05:34 PM
Well, I hope it's not too serious. And I will definitely avoid that thread on GMs where some not-very-well-documented ppl discuss about Chucho & Calleri retiring because they have lost and don't wanna play. Their physical trouble being some pretext....pathetic!!

maria87
02-21-2007, 05:40 PM
Well, I hope it's not too serious. And I will definitely avoid that thread on GMs where some not-very-well-documented ppl discuss about Chucho & Calleri retiring because they have lost and don't wanna play. Their physical trouble being some pretext....pathetic!!

of course, they are pathetic: the doctor was talking very seriously on TV. He said Calleri had a problem in his back since early in the morning, and Chucho the problem in his elbow. He said this seems a problem "agudo", which it means that can heal soon.

Action Jackson
02-22-2007, 12:52 AM
Well this is a stupid format and Chucho already should have been out of the event, so I am not surprised that he pulled out of the match, especially if there was a problem there.

Hendu
02-22-2007, 03:08 AM
Chucho:

"I always played well in Buenos Aires, but in this occasion the time that I have been away from clay was against me. Retiring from the tournament bothers me, but the year is just starting and I prefer to take care of me, so I don't suffer complications in the future."

He also said that the injury bothered him when he served and preferred not to risk, because the year is just starting.

He also was mad at the press that criticizes the players for their low level of play. He said that they are ungrateful and that the stadium is full because of the results the players of his generation got.

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/deportiva/nota.asp?nota_id=885564&pid=2101090&toi=5266

maria87
02-22-2007, 10:56 AM
Thanks a lot WillyC! that's explain a lot about the serve of Chucho which wasn't so good during these matches. He is right about the press, i am sure he is thinking on Davis Cup and he is right. I hope he could heal soon of his elbow and do well in Indian Wells, i think this is his next tournament, right? or will he go to Acapulco?

Action Jackson
02-22-2007, 10:58 AM
Thanks for that Willy, it was a practical decision from Chucho and his next scheduled event is Acapulco.

maria87
02-22-2007, 11:32 AM
Thanks for that Willy, it was a practical decision from Chucho and his next scheduled event is Acapulco.

thanks for the info. So good luck in Acapulco, Chucho.

Action Jackson
02-22-2007, 05:38 PM
Acasuso:

"Maybe in another circumstance I would have gone on, I don't know. I didn't like the RR, I hope they keep the traditional system. Perhaps it is interesting for the people, but if I lose I want to think in the next tournament, and thats it."

Thanks Willy for this.

maria87
02-23-2007, 01:51 PM
Maybe Chucho get lost in the middle of the way between clay and hard courts: he sarted to play better on hard and fast surfaces but then suddenly he did bad in Aussi Open and fortunatelly won his match in DC but he didn't play well either.
Now back to clay he cannot play at his level too, like he was confused in the way between one surface to another...maybe he needs more time to adjust his game in each surface and be confident in all of them. I hope i could express my thought properly.

Nathaliia
02-23-2007, 01:52 PM
Hi Maria :) You said you missed me so I'm jumping to say hello.

maria87
02-23-2007, 07:01 PM
Hi Maria :) You said you missed me so I'm jumping to say hello.

Hi, Nathalia! glad to see you here! :) hope you could come here often! :wavey:

Nathaliia
02-24-2007, 08:54 PM
depends on how Chucho does in Acapulco :p

maria87
02-25-2007, 12:54 PM
depends on how Chucho does in Acapulco :p

:lol: :lol:

good luck to Chucho!

Nathaliia
02-25-2007, 01:58 PM
There was a big Chucho bandwagon last year this time :awww: But people already forgot him...

Aleka
02-25-2007, 02:06 PM
that's what bandwagoners do :lol:

Nathiiii :hug: How've ya been sweetie??? :hug:

Nathaliia
02-25-2007, 02:08 PM
Hey Aleka.

Well, I am pulling it through.

maria87
02-25-2007, 03:34 PM
that's what bandwagoners do :lol:

Nathiiii :hug: How've ya been sweetie??? :hug:

HI, Aleka! so much time i didn't hear from you too! :worship: you were a moderator in mi forum, forgot that? :lol: :lol:

Action Jackson
02-25-2007, 11:52 PM
The draw for Acapulco and a possible match against his best friend.

(1) FERRERO, Juan Carlos ESP v STARACE, Potito ITA
DLOUHY, Lukas CZE v DI MAURO, Alessio ITA
QUALIFIER v KIM, Kevin USA
HORNA, Luis PER v (5) GAUDIO, Gaston ARG

(3) ALMAGRO, Nicolas ESP v (WC) ZABALETA, Mariano ARG
RAMIREZ HIDALGO, Ruben ESP v (WC) GONZALEZ, Santiago MEX
HARTFIELD, Diego ARG v QUALIFIER
(WC) ECHAGARAY, Bruno MEX v (8) MOYA, Carlos ESP

(6) MASSU, Nicolas CHI v MONACO, Juan ARG
GALVANI, Stefano ITA v HAJEK, Jan CZE
QUALIFIER v DEVILDER, Nicolas FRA
ROITMAN, Sergio ARG v (4) CHELA, Juan Ignacio ARG

(7) ACASUSO, Jose ARG v MONTANES, Albert ESP
VANEK, Jiri CZE v VASSALLO ARGUELLO, Martin ARG
QUALIFIER v VICENTE, Fernando ESP
MARTIN, Alberto ESP v (2) CALLERI, Agustin ARG

Nathaliia
02-26-2007, 07:38 AM
If Chucho was a predictable player, I'd say a quater was sure.

Action Jackson
02-26-2007, 07:40 AM
Chucho is playing doubles with Calleri and they are 2nd match on court today.

lau
02-26-2007, 12:16 PM
Finally a normal draw!!
So.., it doesn´t look bad. It looks likely to see him facing VA in second round.

I like that doubles couple (for more than one reason :p )!

Action Jackson
02-26-2007, 12:57 PM
Chucho unlike his doubles partner likes playing Montañes including challengers he is 4-0 and only lost 1 set.

Yes, it's good that we are back to a normal format.

maria87
02-26-2007, 07:39 PM
If Chucho was a predictable player, I'd say a quater was sure.

yes, he is unpredictable, another thing similar to Marat.

Action Jackson
02-27-2007, 01:47 AM
Chucho/Calleri won their doubles 6-2 6-4

Action Jackson
02-27-2007, 03:20 AM
Chucho is playing tomorrow on court 3 and will have plenty of time to sleep.

Court 3

Start at 10:00 am
WTA
WTA
Start at 3:00 pm
WTA
Oscar Hernandez (ESP) vs Fernando Vicente (ESP)
Jose Acasuso (ARG) vs Albert Montañes (ESP)
WTA

lau
02-27-2007, 03:25 AM
That´s good. :D
Thanks for the info :)

maria87
02-28-2007, 11:09 AM
Good win chucho!! finally a good win

(7)J Acasuso (ARG) d A Montanes (ESP) 60 75 :worship:

i don't know where is MOntanés in the ranking but anyway 6-0 was a first dominating set. Shame we couldn't see it because they were showing MOnaco-Massu. But i hope next round we could see it and i will do a report live if i can as always. :)

maria87
02-28-2007, 11:31 AM
He is playing today second turn in court 4 vs Jiri Vanek, so no match live :sad: on TV! hope he could win and pass next round, and play on Central Court.

Action Jackson
02-28-2007, 11:52 PM
Easy win for Chucho in singles as it should have been against Vanek and he is the QFs, where he'll play the winner of Calleri or the Wimbledon champ Oscar Hernandez.

maria87
03-01-2007, 01:01 AM
6-1, 6-2 for Chucho, well done! finally he is dominating on clay again :worship:

Action Jackson
03-01-2007, 09:32 AM
The doubles partners Chucho and Calleri are playing each other second match on court 2 what an insult. They should put Massu out there.

Calleri is the higher seed and Chucho has been playing strongly this event and matches between countrymen are hard.

lau
03-02-2007, 12:26 AM
Agustín defeated Chucho 63 64

Action Jackson
03-02-2007, 12:27 AM
No surprise Calleri won, now lets win the doubles.

anna10
03-02-2007, 03:24 AM
And they did it - Chucho and Calleri won 6-4, 3-6, 10-6.

Too bad about the match with Calleri, but I wasn't surprised, and at least it was to Calleri.

Action Jackson
03-02-2007, 03:24 AM
Calleri and Chucho def Berlocq/Massu 6-3 4-6 10-6

Good stuff guys.

maria87
03-02-2007, 10:55 AM
Chucho is not finding his game :eek:

Easy win for Calleri, and not a good stuff for Chucho. He cannot lose to Calleri 6-3, 6-4! :( He needs to find his game, his dominant serve, his shots. Vamos, Chucho.

Action Jackson
03-02-2007, 11:03 AM
Chucho is not finding his game :eek:

Easy win for Calleri, and not a good stuff for Chucho. He cannot lose to Calleri 6-3, 6-4! :( He needs to find his game, his dominant serve, his shots. Vamos, Chucho.

Learn about tennis match ups and try to ease up on the bias.

maria87
03-02-2007, 11:09 AM

oh i learn about tennis every day, not only playing but talking to argentine proffessionals of tennis that know a lot about this! all of us know that Calleri had already reached his "techo" and Acasuso has a lot of potential to develop yet.
:) Calleri is a nice guy and a good player but he has already reached his "techo".

my comment has nothing to do with "bias".

you need to learn, George, that when someone doesn't agree with you, it doens't mean
1- that the other person is just saying nonsense
2- neither the other person is just saying "bias" comment

Action Jackson
03-02-2007, 11:18 AM
Chucho and Calleri know each other quite well and have hit a lot together and for Chucho, Calleri is a tough match up for him as Chucho's power doesn't bother him at all, and he's able to get Chucho moving and Chucho isn't as effective when he has to cover more ground.

Just cause Player A ( Calleri) likes playing Player B (Acasuso) and Player B loves playing Player C (Montañes), this doesn't mean that Player A will
win against Player C and look at the Calleri and Montañes matches and that proves that above theory correct. It doesn't always work like that.

maria, just admit Calleri was too good and then got on with it.

maria87
03-02-2007, 11:31 AM
this is Calleri Career: he will be 31 in september
SINGLES CAREER TITLES (2): 2003--Acapulco; 2006--Kitzbuhel
FINALIST (6): 2002--Buenos Aires; 2003--Estoril, Hamburg TMS; 2004--Costa Do Sauipe; 2005--Amersfoort; 2006--New Haven

DOUBLES CAREER TITLES (2): 2005--Basel; 2003--Vina del Mar

this is Chucho Career, he will 25 in October

SINGLES CAREER TITLES (3): 2002--Sopot; 2004--Bucharest; 2006--Vina del Mar
FINALIST (5): 2001--Buenos Aires; 2002--Bucharest, Palermo; 2004--Sopot; 2006--Stuttgart

DOUBLES CAREER TITLES (4): 2006--Vina del Mar; 2005--Bucharest, Stuttgart; 2004--Umag
FINALIST (6): 2005--Costa Do Sauipe, Bastad, Buenos Aires, Metz; 2004--Amersfoort, Bucharest

these are facts, not biased comments and nothing agaisnt Calleri either, wich is muy "simpático"... you always ask for facts, George. These are just facts, acheivements and years in the tour. If Chucho will develope all his potential or not, this is "otro cantar" as we say...I hope Chucho could do it. He has a lot of years to come to play in the circuit.

lau
03-02-2007, 12:36 PM
And they did it - Chucho and Calleri won 6-4, 3-6, 10-6.

Too bad about the match with Calleri, but I wasn't surprised, and at least it was to Calleri.
I felt the same way about their match. :)
I would like if they win the doubles and Calleri the singles. It seems likely, but many matches have to played for that yet :)

That´s a complicated concept :ras: ;)

Nathaliia
03-02-2007, 12:38 PM
Calleri is a good player and I didn't expect him to give some crap. I hope he can win this event now.

Action Jackson
03-02-2007, 12:43 PM
I felt the same way about their match. :)
I would like if they win the doubles and Calleri the singles. It seems likely, but many matches have to played for that yet :)

That´s a complicated concept :ras: ;)

I just want Chucho/Calleri to win the doubles and El Gordo to win the singles, but it won't be easy for either of them, but they are good enough to do so.

Yes, it's a very complicated concept and maria you still don't get what I was pointing out or you chose not to get it.

lau
03-03-2007, 02:33 AM
Agustín got injured :sobbing:

So bye bye doubles, of course this is the least important thing right now...

Choupi
03-03-2007, 07:52 AM
That's really sad. I thought he'd go through this time, after defeating Chucho. Bad luck he got injured. Hope he's gonna heal soon and be back for the European clay season.

lau
03-06-2007, 10:09 PM
Here´s the draw. Tough first round match...

(1) FEDERER, Roger SUI/BYE
QUALIFIER v HAJEK, Jan CZE
MOYA, Carlos ESP v QUALIFIER
BYE/(25)STEPANEK, Radek CZE

(19)HEWITT, Lleyton AUS/BYE
TIPSAREVIC, Janko SRB v SRICHAPHAN, Paradorn THA
HORNA, Luis PER v VOLANDRI, Filippo ITA
BYE/(14)FERRER, David ESP

(12)DJOKOVIC, Novak SRB/BYE
GINEPRI, Robby USA v (WC)KENDRICK, Robert USA
KOROLEV, Evgeny RUS v GREUL, Simon GER
BYE/(20)TURSUNOV, Dmitry RUS

MELZER, Jurgen AUT/BYE
MONFILS, Gael FRA v BENNETEAU, Julien FRA
PLESS, Kristian DEN v SERRA, Florent FRA
BYE/(6)BLAKE, James USA

(4)DAVYDENKO, Nikolay/BYE
ROCHUS, Christophe v (WC)QUERREY, Sam
HENMAN, Tim v HERNYCH, Jan
BYE/(28)CALLERI, Agustin

(23)SAFIN, Marat/BYE
MONACO, Juan v MAHUT, Nicolas
QUALIFIER v QUALIFIER
BYE/(13)MURRAY, Andy

(9)HAAS, Tommy/BYE
QUALIFIER v QUALIFIER
VLIEGEN, Kristof v QUALIFIER
BYE/(24)HRBATY, Dominik

(26)SODERLING, Robin/BYE
GIMELSTOB, Justin v BRACCIALI, Daniele
DANCEVIC, Frank v QUALIFIER
BYE/(5)GONZALEZ, Fernando

(8)LJUBICIC, Ivan CRO/BYE
BECKER, Benjamin GER v QUALIFIER
MIRNYI, Max BLR v JOHANSSON, Thomas SWE
BYE/(31)ALMAGRO, Nicolas ESP

(21)FISH, Mardy USA/BYE
MARTIN, Alberto ESP v MATHIEU, Paul-Henri FRA
KOHLSCHREIBER, Philipp GER v LEE, Hyung-Taik KOR
BYE/(10)NALBANDIAN, David ARG

(15)GASQUET, Richard FRA/BYE
(WC)KUERTEN, Gustavo BRA v DEL POTRO, Juan Martin ARG
ROITMAN, Sergio ARG v GOLDSTEIN, Paul USA
BYE/(18)NIEMINEN, Jarkko FIN

MALISSE, Xavier BEL/BYE
KOUBEK, Stefan AUT v SPADEA, Vincent USA
LOPEZ, Feliciano ESP v ROCHUS, Olivier BEL
BYE/(3)RODDICK, Andy USA

(7)ROBREDO, Tommy/BYE
SIMON, Gilles v QUALIFIER
PHAU, Bjorn v BJORKMAN, Jonas
BYE/(30)CHELA, Juan Ignacio

(17)BAGHDATIS, Marcos/BYE
GARCIA-LOPEZ, Guillermo v MASSU, Nicolas
(WC)RUSSELL, Michael v GICQUEL, Marc
BYE/(11)BERDYCH, Tomas

(16)YOUZHNY, Mikhail/BYE
GROSJEAN, Sebastien v ACASUSO, Jose
MAYER, Florian v KUNITSYN, Igor
BYE/(22)FERRERO, Juan Carlos

(32)VERDASCO, Fernando/BYE
QUALIFIER v (WC)KUZNETSOV, Alex
QUALIFIER v CLEMENT, Arnaud
BYE/(2)NADAL, Rafael

anna10
03-09-2007, 02:02 PM
Good luck to Chucho today.

Had some disappointment when I found out coverage only begins tomorrow, hought I might actually be getting to see a bit of Chucho today.

Choupi
03-09-2007, 05:30 PM
I get no coverage either. But good luck Chucho. :)

marti_228
03-09-2007, 06:43 PM
He has just defeated Grosjean 6/4 6/4 in 1 h 25 min.

lau
03-09-2007, 06:50 PM
All I can say is :banana: because I didn´t watch the match. That scoreline looks good.
Will try to check stats later because I´m too busy now...., but good news! :D

Choupi
03-09-2007, 07:08 PM
The score seems nice to me.....good win. :)

anna10
03-09-2007, 08:26 PM
Great job, Chucho! Honestly, I was a little worried about the match, but thought both players had a fair shot at the win.

maria87
03-09-2007, 09:08 PM
cHUCHO WON 6-4, 6-4 !! well done! :worship: :)

i just got home and see the good news! good win against Grosjean!

maria87
03-09-2007, 09:11 PM
the only problem is the next opponent will be the recently winner of hard court trophy Youzhny and runner-up of Dubai with Federer. :eek:

VAMOS CHUCHO!!!

Action Jackson
03-10-2007, 06:55 AM
Good start to the hardcourt campaign and if he beats Youzhny, it wouldn't surprise me if he won this match at all.

Choupi
03-10-2007, 07:34 AM
Saturday OOP:

STADIUM 2 start 10:00 am
WTA - V King (USA) vs [10]A Ivanovic (SRB)
ATP - C Moya (ESP) vs [Q]P Capdeville (CHI)
ATP - [16]M Youzhny (RUS) vs J Acasuso (ARG)
ATP - P Goldstein (USA) vs [18]J Nieminen (FIN)
ATP - [15]R Gasquet (FRA) vs J Del Potro (ARG)
WTA - A Rolle (USA) vs [29]M Shaughnessy (USA)

2 matches I'd like to see....but no coverage.

maria87
03-10-2007, 11:16 AM
We will have coverage so i will try to do a reprot live ;)

anna10
03-10-2007, 12:45 PM
We have good coverage of the tournament today, in terms of hours. Hopefully it will be in terms of matches. I sure don't expect this one to be a feature match, but hope it's enough to get a few minutes from it every now and then.

*Ljubica*
03-10-2007, 07:08 PM
Saturday OOP:

STADIUM 2 start 10:00 am
WTA - V King (USA) vs [10]A Ivanovic (SRB)
ATP - C Moya (ESP) vs [Q]P Capdeville (CHI)
ATP - [16]M Youzhny (RUS) vs J Acasuso (ARG)
ATP - P Goldstein (USA) vs [18]J Nieminen (FIN)
ATP - [15]R Gasquet (FRA) vs J Del Potro (ARG)
WTA - A Rolle (USA) vs [29]M Shaughnessy (USA)

2 matches I'd like to see....but no coverage.

Hey Choupi :) I know I am not a regular visitor here - but I just stopped by, and saw your post. Well my dear - never fear! -Sky Sports is here........ and we have coverage of Chucho!!! Now all I have to do is find a blank video tape :)

anna10
03-10-2007, 07:48 PM
I'm trying not to get to oexcited as these things seldom turn out the way I think they should, but have just realized the timing of matches today means we really may get some of Chucho's match - at least until Clement and Nadal begin, but with a women's match to go on that court first, it could happen.

Choupi
03-10-2007, 08:05 PM
Hey Choupi :) I know I am not a regular visitor here - but I just stopped by, and saw your post. Well my dear - never fear! -Sky Sports is here........ and we have coverage of Chucho!!! Now all I have to do is find a blank video tape :)
:p I know I should thank Sky Sports for that......but you're the one I'm gonna thank!! :hug:

anna10
03-10-2007, 10:21 PM
Nice work, Chucho! I had coverage til about 2-2 in the second, then TTC had to switch to the all-important Clement-Nadal warm-up.

Don't know how things went in the end, but while I had the match he seemed to do a good job of staying collected at times when he hasn't always.

maria87
03-10-2007, 10:23 PM
Chucho beat Youznhy! :worship: :worship:

it wasn't a good match (i made a report live), too much UE from both players but finally in second set Chucho prevailed after breaking each other he broke again, finally he could be more agressive and beat Youznhy! hope he could be win next too! :worship:

congrats, Chucho!:worship: :wavey:

maria87
03-10-2007, 10:40 PM
about the strategy: the bh with slice was an important strategy for Chucho to block YU's velocity. And Chucho played better the important points: he played better the tie-break and won the match with a fh winner and that's important, well done chucho!! :worship: :worship:

anna10
03-10-2007, 10:56 PM
I agree, it wasn't the prettiest match, but as you say, Chucho made some big shots when he really needed them, immediately breaking back was important, and I think seeming to put missed shots behind him and move on to the next point helped as well.

Something seemed to be bothering Youzhny - I don't know if this was a factor in his play or if he just was having an off day with nothing really behind it. I didn't have sound, so I'm just commenting on what I saw.

Action Jackson
03-11-2007, 05:59 AM
Youzhny has played a lot of tennis recently, so there comes a point where a player becomes flat and get through that time.

Good win for Chucho and now he's up against Ferrero which is another winnable match for him and some good signs so far.

bad gambler
03-11-2007, 06:02 AM
Misha's bh like the other posters have mentioned was horrible today - but Chucho was good enough to capitalise. I thought to myself "here we go again" when he was broken in the first game of the second set but to his credit broke back next game and never looked back.

Got to make it count now against the mosquito who as well all know has been far from impressive for a while now.

Choupi
03-11-2007, 09:44 AM
Congrats Chucho. Nice news to wake up to.

maria87
03-11-2007, 02:56 PM
I agree, it wasn't the prettiest match, but as you say, Chucho made some big shots when he really needed them, immediately breaking back was important, and I think seeming to put missed shots behind him and move on to the next point helped as well.

Something seemed to be bothering Youzhny - I don't know if this was a factor in his play or if he just was having an off day with nothing really behind it. I didn't have sound, so I'm just commenting on what I saw.

yes, Anna, i am glad that we agree and had the same vision of the match. :)

and yes reporters said something was bothering Youzhny, they didn't know if it was a physical problem of what. His coach showed concern in his face and Youzhny was celebrating any point he got just if he couldn't play easily. But Chucho was great in the important points and that's the thing that prevailed. It was not just because of Youznhy errors that he won, that's counts to me.:)

maria87
03-12-2007, 12:43 PM
STADIUM 2 start 11:00 am
WTA - [17]M Bartoli (FRA) vs [9]D Safina (RUS)
ATP - N Mahut (FRA) vs [13]A Murray (GBR)
ATP - [26]R Soderling (SWE) vs [5]F Gonzalez (CHI) - Possible Court Change
WTA - E Likhovtseva (RUS) vs [2]S Kuznetsova (RUS)
ATP - J Acasuso (ARG) vs [22]J Ferrero (ESP)
ATP - [7] J Knowle (AUT) / J Melzer (AUT) vs A Fisher (AUS) / T Phillips (USA)

Vamos Chucho! Luli was watching every match of his players so he must be very happy after Cañas beat Federer with such a good performance1 :worship: :worship:

Vamos Chucho today!

Action Jackson
03-13-2007, 01:46 AM
Chucho took the 1st set 6-4, just hope he can stay awake and finish this in 2 sets.

anna10
03-13-2007, 02:52 AM
Unfortunately, he didn't, dropped the second in a tiebreak. The scoreboard is acting up and my coverage has switched to Nadal-Verdasco, so it's just a long wait.

I♥PsY@Mus!c
03-13-2007, 03:55 AM
It's very disappointing that blew mps to lose. :sad:

Action Jackson
03-13-2007, 03:57 AM
Chucho lost 4-6, 7-6(8), 6-4 and losing 3 match points in the tiebreaker was the killer he.

Played one poor service game and got broken in the 3rd and Ferrero was abl to close the deal in this match.

Choupi
03-13-2007, 07:28 AM
Just checked the results of yesterday. It was already diappointment when I discovered Chucho had lost his match. But now that I know he's had matchpoints in the 2nd set, it's all the more painfull.

bad gambler
03-13-2007, 09:22 AM
Blew a golden opportunity :o

maria87
03-13-2007, 10:44 AM
Blew a golden opportunity :o

really!! he was dominating Ferrero from the baselinea and made him fails his drive! in the second set he had two chances to win the match but he served poorly in the important games! He was serving perfect and failed in the important moment :eek: :eek: And then when he was 5-2 in the tie-break he kept complaining about a bad call and lost focus and the opportunity! Chucho!!! this was a shame...:eek: :sad:

Action Jackson
03-19-2007, 06:17 AM
Plenty of Latins in Miami and hope Chucho can improve on his Indian Wells showing here and with DC around the corner he will need to impress.

anna10
03-19-2007, 10:36 PM
Chucho is in Davydenko's quarter.

(4)DAVYDENKO, Nikolay/BYE
UDOMCHOKE, Danai/GREUL, Simon
QUALIFIER/LUCKY LOSER v BENNETEAU, Julien
BYE/(31)ACASUSO, Jose

(23)CHELA, Juan Ignacio/BYE
TIPSAREVIC, Janko v QUALIFIER/LUCKY LOSER
MONTANES, Albert v CLEMENT, Arnaud
BYE/(14)BERDYCH, Tomas

(11)NALBANDIAN, David/BYE
GINEPRI, Robby v SPADEA, Vincent
QUALIFIER/LUCKY LOSER v GICQUEL, Marc
BYE/(20)NIEMINEN, Jarkko

(27)MOYA, Carlos/BYE
ROCHUS, Christophe v SANTORO, Fabrice
MAHUT, Nicolas/VOLANDRI, Filippo
BYE/(7)LJUBICIC, Ivan

Choupi
03-20-2007, 09:54 AM
Good luck Chucho. :)

bad gambler
03-20-2007, 11:24 AM
A winnable match against Benneteau (in all likelihood)

Hopefully he plays Davydenko after that, surface should suit him

I♥PsY@Mus!c
03-20-2007, 02:55 PM
I hope Chucho at least wins 2 matches. :rocker:

Action Jackson
03-23-2007, 04:16 AM
Chucho plays Delic, plenty of rallies in this one.

anna10
03-25-2007, 11:50 AM
Good luck to Chucho today - up first on court 1 (so probably no coverage here:-( )

I♥PsY@Mus!c
03-25-2007, 04:57 PM
There must be something wrong with him, :sad: how the fuck he lost to Delic 0-6 3-6? :mad:

Aguante_el_Gato
03-26-2007, 12:34 PM
There must be something wrong with him, :sad: how the fuck he lost to Delic 0-6 3-6? :mad:according to ESPN reporters, Chucho had a back problem in a practice with Ferrero (a few days before).
Also (and unnecessarily imho) he tried to play with Delic. According to them, Chucho had clearly problems of coordination in his movements, and later they confirmed a vertebrae displacement.
He returned to Buenos Aires, to visit a back specialist.

i hope he get well soon :hug:

bad gambler
03-26-2007, 12:38 PM
Get ready for the clay season big man

Action Jackson
03-26-2007, 12:40 PM
Rest up now Chucho and just hope he can find some form for the clay season.

anna10
03-26-2007, 02:19 PM
Take care chucho and best wishes for a quick recovery.

Nathaliia
03-26-2007, 02:20 PM
Smoke some Chucho, I've heard it reduces pain.

:p

Choupi
03-26-2007, 03:38 PM
This isn't good news. Vertebrae displacement is something that should be taken seriously. Take all the rest you need big man and come back strong when you can.

lau
03-29-2007, 01:50 PM
ouch! that´s not a joke and it can be very painful
get well for the clay season chuchín :hug:

Hendu
04-03-2007, 05:46 AM
:lol: at the title of the thread.

Chucho will be fine.

Action Jackson
04-13-2007, 07:32 AM
Chucho is playing Monte Carlo and I don't expect much from this event, cause he isn't very good after a break usually.

Hope the back isn't bad and he has been training well, got plenty of time to get in form for Roland Garros.

Choupi
04-13-2007, 08:01 AM
All I wish is that he doesn't come back too early and that the back is fine. I don't expect anything apart from that.

anna10
04-13-2007, 09:44 AM
Completely agree with you both - much better not to rush back too quickly, and I'm not expecting much first tourney out. I'm just hoping his playing means everything is ok and there's no lingering problems of any size with the back.

Action Jackson
04-14-2007, 12:25 PM
Here is his section of the draw.

He has dominated Andreev when they have played and both aren't in great form and also Gonzo has got the better of Chucho in the past.

GONZALEZ, Fernando CHI vs.BYE
ANDREEV, Igor RUS vs. ACASUSO, Jose ARG
MASSU, Nicolas CHI vs. VOLANDRI, Filippo ITA
HENMAN, Tim GBR vs. FERRERO, Juan Carlos ESP

maria87
04-14-2007, 03:23 PM
Chucho has not an easy first round if Andreev played as he did in the first months of the year...Good luck, Chucho, we are waiting for you to recover your game. :)

Action Jackson
04-15-2007, 06:52 PM
COURT 2 start 10:00 am

M Gicquel (FRA) vs F Mayer (GER)
O Rochus (BEL) vs R Soderling (SWE)
J Chela (ARG) vs M Verkerk (NED)
I Andreev (RUS) vs J Acasuso (ARG)

maria87
04-16-2007, 03:53 PM
Poor chucho :sad:

as i expected a bad loss for him 4-6, 1-6 to Andreev :sad: :sad:

where is Chucho's game? it is clay!! and a Master Series. :eek: :eek:

Choupi
04-16-2007, 04:12 PM
He lost. It's no drama. He was coming back from injury. And we know, for following him for some years now, that he always has some trouble, when he comes back on tour after a break. This was to be expected. And we shouldn't forget that Andreev plays well on clay and still is the last player to have beaten Nadal on clay. So, let's not sentence our big man so quickly. :)

maria87
04-16-2007, 04:16 PM
He lost. It's no drama. He was coming back from injury. And we know, for following him for some years now, that he always has some trouble, when he comes back on tour after a break. This was to be expected. And we shouldn't forget that Andreev plays well on clay and still is the last player to have beaten Nadal on clay. So, let's not sentence our big man so quickly. :)

indeed, Choupi, i didn't forget Andreev was good player on clay in the first months of the year! He beat Massu in Chile, right? i told that in my post previous to the match...i expected a loss cause chucho is not confident these days, i don't know if it is matter of injury or what but he is not playing well since a long time ago (i mean previous to the injury too).

Chucho is like that, almost like Marat: ups and downs as roller coaster.

anna10
04-16-2007, 04:26 PM
Completely agree here, winning this match wouldn't have surprised me, but the result is really what I expected, and I certainly wasn't looking for him to go past the second round here in any case. I'm just hoping he's completely fit and keeps moving into tournament-play shape.

rrfnpump
04-16-2007, 06:26 PM
Chucho :(

lau
04-16-2007, 07:59 PM
oh well...

Action Jackson
04-17-2007, 05:52 AM
Far from surprising this result and if people followed Acasuso's career closely, then you'd know he doesn't win matches after a break often or at all.

Choupi
04-19-2007, 06:39 AM
Chucho & Chela play the Bryans today.

anna10
04-19-2007, 10:54 AM
They're taking the court now. In my fantasies, there's a huge upset in doubles today.

Choupi
04-19-2007, 03:17 PM
Well, no huge upset in the doubles match of Chucho.......they lost to the Bryans 2-6 1-6.

Action Jackson
04-21-2007, 12:26 PM
Chucho is seeded second and in a good section.

(1) HRBATY, Dominik SVK v PEYA, Alexander AUT
(WC) CHAKI, Rabie MAR v (WC) SAOUDI, Slimane ALG
MONTANES, Albert ESP v UDOMCHOKE, Danai THA
ROITMAN, Sergio ARG v (7) MASSU, Nicolas CHI

(4) SIMON, Gilles FRA v RAMIREZ HIDALGO, Ruben ESP
QUALIFIER v (WC) EL AYNAOUI, Younes MAR
HANESCU, Victor ROU v GROSJEAN, Sebastien FRA
GULBIS, Ernests LAT v (6) CLEMENT, Arnaud FRA

(5) GICQUEL, Marc FRA v DI MAURO, Alessio ITA
QUALIFIER v SERRA, Florent FRA
HARTFIELD, Diego ARG v RUSSELL, Michael USA
QUALIFIER v (3) BENNETEAU, Julien FRA

(8) MATHIEU, Paul-Henri FRA v PLESS, Kristian DEN
VASSALLO ARGUELLO, Martin ARG v QUALIFIER
TIPSAREVIC, Janko SRB v LLODRA, Michael FRA
DEVILDER, Nicolas FRA v (2) ACASUSO, Jose ARG

Action Jackson
04-23-2007, 06:37 PM
Chucho is playing last match on Centre Court against Devilder tomorrow and if he wins he will play Tipsarevic in the 2nd round.

Action Jackson
04-24-2007, 06:09 PM
Chucho got through his match with a 6-4 6-4 win over Devilder and this is a small step to building back his confidence.

Action Jackson
04-26-2007, 12:45 PM
Another 6-4 6-4 win for Chucho over Gattuso Tipsarevic and he played well in patches and wasn't in danger of losing.

Gattuso smashes his racquet, when he is match point down and can't or won't replace it and then he walks up to the chair and the match is over. The umpire called a point penalty as the point can't start with a broken string or frame and that was the match.

Choupi
04-26-2007, 03:12 PM
Congrats Chucho & good luck for the rest. :)

Action Jackson
04-26-2007, 03:56 PM
Chucho is playing his pigeon Mathieu in the QFs. He is 5-0 against him and not lost a set in any of the matches, lets hope that continues.

Choupi
04-27-2007, 02:09 PM
No pigeon on the menu this time.......

Action Jackson
04-27-2007, 02:56 PM
Well he has had Paulo pigeon already, but this time Chucho had to do with the vegetarian special.

Action Jackson
05-05-2007, 07:55 AM
Chucho is back and needs a big result here as he has SF points to defend in Hamburg, but hope he gained some confidence from his wins in Casablanca and he lost to Mathieu who is in hot form at the moment.

Choupi
05-05-2007, 11:52 AM
Chucho plays Verkerk, and Ljubicic then.

Action Jackson
05-05-2007, 12:03 PM
Chucho, Verkerk and Ljubo, plenty of speed there on court.

Action Jackson
05-08-2007, 06:46 AM
Chucho as expected was too good for Verkerk and now plays Ljubo. Just hope it's heavy and overcast again and that can help Chucho in this case.

bad gambler
05-08-2007, 11:44 AM
Good luck Chucho a repeat of Hamburg last year would be nice

Carrie Ann
05-08-2007, 08:08 PM
A great win today! Vamos Chucho!

Action Jackson
05-09-2007, 07:48 AM
Easy win for Chucho and for him it would be better if he played Safin rather than Davydenko, but a solid performance here is needed.

bad gambler
05-09-2007, 10:12 AM
Yep was thinking the same

Action Jackson
05-09-2007, 10:16 AM
BG, I wanted to post in the Betting thread about putting some $$ on Chucho and this was a good win for him, he can break down Ljubo's forehand.

Though PMK isn't in great form at the moment and neither is Safin.

Action Jackson
05-10-2007, 06:35 AM
I got Chucho in the wrong section of the draw, he plays the Berdman and this will be a tough match for him. It's not a great match up for him, and Berdman is playing quite well, so all the best big man.

bad gambler
05-10-2007, 11:39 AM
I got Chucho in the wrong section of the draw, he plays the Berdman and this will be a tough match for him. It's not a great match up for him, and Berdman is playing quite well, so all the best big man.

I just followed you like a back sheep, thought he was playing the winner of Safin-Davydenko as well :p

Match of the twinkle toes today - agree it will be tough for the big man. But Berdych hasn't been in the best of form coming into this tournament

Action Jackson
05-10-2007, 11:41 AM
I just followed you like a back sheep, thought he was playing the winner of Safin-Davydenko as well :p

Match of the twinkle toes today - agree it will be tough for the big man. But Berdych hasn't been in the best of form coming into this tournament

I disagree the Berdman has done well these last 2 weeks and yes the speed around the court is going to be great.

Hope Chucho can get the returns in and be able to break down Berdych on the backhand side, it's tough for him, but winnable.

Action Jackson
05-11-2007, 06:29 AM
Berdman thumped Chucho 6-1 6-2 and Chucho looked very stoned and disinterested at best. He wasn't moving well and didn't look like wanted to be there, they probably heard that Federer lost and Chucho froze.

At the same time Berdman is a bad match up for him, cause his shots get into his hitting zone and doesn't mind the power and also Berdych moves better than him. Even then I didn't expect this beatdown.

Choupi
05-11-2007, 09:28 AM
I didn't expext such a loss either. :shrug: Hope he's ok physically. Did he look like he might have something bothering him?

Carrie Ann
05-11-2007, 01:34 PM
I was wondering the same thing. He couldn't serve at all. He lost serve the entire first set and only got on the board by breaking once. As the announcer for the match phrased it, "he didn't show up for the match." They didn't know what was wrong.

Action Jackson
05-13-2007, 05:38 AM
Nothing wrong with Chucho, he just played a very poor match.

He is back in Hamburg and this is his section of the draw.

(6) ROBREDO, Tommy/BYE
VERKERK, Martin v ALMAGRO, Nicolas
ACASUSO, Jose v QUALIFIER
(SE) VOLANDRI, Filippo v (9) MURRAY, Andy

(16) HEWITT, Lleyton v CALLERI, Agustin
CHELA, Juan Ignacio v CANAS, Guillermo
GICQUEL, Marc v SIMON, Gilles
BYE/(3) DAVYDENKO, Nikolay

Action Jackson
05-14-2007, 06:43 AM
Big points to defend here and he plays Garcia-Lopez in the 1st round.

bad gambler
05-15-2007, 09:37 AM
He should win, good luck Chucho

Action Jackson
05-15-2007, 12:32 PM
Chucho 6-3 6-4, good routine win for the big man.

I hope he plays Volandri in the next match, but Chucho got the W and that is what counts.

bad gambler
05-15-2007, 12:34 PM
Points, points and more points to defend

Good start

Choupi
05-15-2007, 03:12 PM
Good win Chucho!!

05-15-2007, 07:19 PM
Chucho 6-3 6-4, good routine win for the big man.

I hope he plays Volandri in the next match, but Chucho got the W and that is what counts.
And he does get Volandri so I hope Chucho can defeat him :)

bad gambler
05-16-2007, 07:55 AM
I know Murray was playing pretty well for the 6 games he was out there before suffering an injury but it was pretty clewar to me while watching that Volandri rather be somewhere else, looked completely demotivated.

It would be pretty disappointing if Chucho didn't win again today

Action Jackson
05-16-2007, 07:59 AM
Chucho, I want to update my pigeon thread and Italian pigeon is always welcomed.

Action Jackson
05-17-2007, 08:45 AM
Chucho got the job done though not very convincingly 3-6 7-6 6-3 and now he has another pigeon and now he plays Mucho Almagro which will be tough.

bad gambler
05-17-2007, 10:11 AM
This is some good practice though for him, playing quality opponents instead of bitch slapping clay court mugs

Vamos Chucho

Action Jackson
05-17-2007, 11:12 AM
Chucho won't be on before 3pm (11pm ) Aussie time and sadly it's not on a TV court.

The last time they played in Rome, Chucho had so many chances and couldn't capitalise and just hope this doesn't happen today against Mucho. Look at the break point stats here.

http://www.atptennis.com/5/en/players/playerprofiles/popMatchStats.asp?sd=singles&trnnum=416&trnyear=2006&rnd=3&plyr=A389

Action Jackson
05-18-2007, 08:17 AM
Chucho lost easily to Almagro and this wasn't on a TV court, so this was a clear loss and now he is off to Düsseldorf for some more matches and just hope he can improve on that performance last year from RG.

bad gambler
05-20-2007, 10:39 AM
I didn't even realise Chucho is playing in the World Team Championships. He plays Bjorkman today

Action Jackson
05-20-2007, 10:40 AM
I better change the title and yes he needs matches.

Action Jackson
05-21-2007, 05:51 AM
Chucho beat Björkman 6-7(3), 7-6(7), 6-4

Best thing that can be said is that he won the match.

bad gambler
05-21-2007, 06:42 AM
So close to losing to Bjorkman on clay :tape:

Action Jackson
05-22-2007, 08:07 AM
Chucho is definitely getting practice against some clay clowns, now it will be Fish after Bjorkman, but Chucho needs all the matches he can get.

Action Jackson
05-22-2007, 04:26 PM
Chucho fried the Fish 7-5 6-4

Chucho looked a combo of stoned and asleep initially and then towards the end of the 1st he cut down the errors and was up a double break in the 3rd 3-0, but he gave one of them up and Fish had points to bring it level.

Chucho had a rain delay just before he served the match out, and now the Chileans will be next.

rrfnpump
05-22-2007, 07:07 PM
Very uninspiring performance. :o

bad gambler
05-24-2007, 09:15 AM
He has to beat Massu of all players on tour. Please.

Action Jackson
05-24-2007, 09:16 AM
Massu will be at his cheating and timewasting best today and they have had some tough matches. This should be reason enough to get fired up.

maria87
05-24-2007, 02:53 PM
good for chucho rising finally his level on clay in Dusseldorf! he won for Argentina in 2002 with Cañas and now he is leading the team to the victory. :worship: I hope so...His match against Massu was very good! very good service finally, a powerful forehand down the lines and some nice touches! well done Chucho!
now we have to weak up sp early here (7 am) to see the Finals! i am so happy that Argentina beat chile to get the finals! Chela was good too, but Chucho won all his singles :worship: :) This is good thinking on RG so close!

Action Jackson
05-24-2007, 03:04 PM
Wow look you turns up when Acasuso has a good performance.

bad gambler
05-25-2007, 10:36 AM
I didn't think he would win in straight sets :eek: :D

Knowing how much representing his country means to Massu and the way Chucho has been playing this week, great result

Action Jackson
05-25-2007, 10:38 AM
I didn't think he would win in straight sets :eek: :D

Knowing how much representing his country means to Massu and the way Chucho has been playing this week, great result

Chucho looked awake even, moving well and nice to see him come out ready to play, he overwhelmed Massu and broke that backhand down.

Choupi
05-25-2007, 02:15 PM
Chucho looked awake even, moving well and nice to see him come out ready to play, he overwhelmed Massu and broke that backhand down.
Pretty good news to read about. :yeah:

bad gambler
05-26-2007, 06:29 AM
Well today is the final of the World Team Championships however looks like Chucho is not playing the singles, instead it will be Chela and Calleri

:smash:

Carrie Ann
05-26-2007, 05:24 PM
Congratulations Argentina! Job well done.

maria87
05-27-2007, 11:23 PM
Wow look you turns up when Acasuso has a good performance.

wow, dont give me that! i was away from all forums due to personal matters... i was a fan of Chucho before you, George Whitler....so please stop being agressive to me, just stop it.

and if i post less in this forum is because of you and others being so unpolite...but i am one of the first chucho fans and i will keep postind despite your agressivity.

maria87
05-27-2007, 11:25 PM
Congratulations Argentina! Job well done.

thanks, Carrie Ann, from all argentina fans of chucho!! :worship:

Carrie Ann
05-28-2007, 12:42 AM
Your welcome Maria. I am a Chucho fan too. He has a huge game and I keep waiting for him to rise in the rankings. I saw all three of his matches in Indian Wells. He is very impressive.

maria87
05-28-2007, 10:56 AM
Your welcome Maria. I am a Chucho fan too. He has a huge game and I keep waiting for him to rise in the rankings. I saw all three of his matches in Indian Wells. He is very impressive.

Thank you Carrie Ann! you are very nice!:)

yes, chucho's game is very impressive, he was in a hole during the last months but now he seems getting better! I am Chucho fan since i saw him playing his first ATP Buenos Aires, when he was 18 year old.