Murray d. Pless 60 67(5) 64 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Murray d. Pless 60 67(5) 64

scoobs
02-15-2007, 12:59 AM
Rip roaring start from Murray but dropped off a bit in the final two sets.

Pless started to play a whole lot better, snatched the second set on his first set point with a great crosscourt flick, and had Murray under a lot of pressure

Big serving from Pless and Murray allowed Pless to play his big forehand too much and take charge of points.

Pless was also doing a nice job attacking the Murray second serve and getting to net, rushing Murray into error.

Andy hung in there and a loose game from Pless in the final set saw the break go, and Murray served it out.

Tougher battle than I expected, but that's Pless for you, when he has a bit of confidence he can be a nuisance.

Murray will want to play sustained higher level tennis from here on, though - he was nearly caught a bit too complacent.

GlennMirnyi
02-15-2007, 01:03 AM
3 sets to defeat Pless, the Poor Men's Hewitt. Way to go champ!

scoobs
02-15-2007, 01:05 AM
*shrug*

It wasn't pretty at times, but he found a way to get it done.

Corey Feldman
02-15-2007, 01:26 AM
Fetch mae ma kilt Ma
we're on the way to title #2!

Shrinking Violet
02-15-2007, 01:35 AM
Just lost focus after the first set. If he had held in the second it would have probably been easier but chucking in such a poor service game to start with got Pless interested again and that's what caused all the problems. Still, a win is a win even if it isn't pretty. Hopefully the first serve will find itself back in Andy's possession before his next match though. It's amazing how he keeps winning with such poor serving stats.

Marek.
02-15-2007, 01:36 AM
Why did Murray play his second round match before Roddick played his first?:confused:

Shrinking Violet
02-15-2007, 01:40 AM
Why did Murray play his second round match before Roddick played his first?:confused:

I think they were giving Roddick an extra day because of the DC tie maybe?

I don't know, just weird scheduling I guess.

Corey Feldman
02-15-2007, 02:10 AM
Why did Murray play his second round match before Roddick played his first?:confused:Because the san jose ppl want to see some real tennis getting played and cant get enough of the champ!
:lol:

jazar
02-15-2007, 01:10 PM
bad luck kristian, you'll have him next time

ASP0315
02-15-2007, 01:59 PM
Congrats to Murray.
Great fight Kris.Nice to seem him improve his game.

johnnylad
02-16-2007, 10:04 AM
6-0 first set then that!

Next up for the Murray man is Hyung Taik Lee

SF vs Roddick probably