Mahut def Ljubicic 6-4 6-4...1 & 2 seeds go out in 1st round [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Mahut def Ljubicic 6-4 6-4...1 & 2 seeds go out in 1st round

El Legenda
02-14-2007, 12:33 PM
:) these days every shitty player plays a match of his life vs Ljubo :lol:
6DF in 2nd set didnt help :D

tt boy
02-14-2007, 12:35 PM
what a tool ivan:wavey:

Jaap
02-14-2007, 12:36 PM
Ljubo is finished. He won't be in the top 20 by the end of the year.

ljubicic_
tread of the day:tape:

Deathless Mortal
:banghead: Ivan wake up!!!

El Legenda
02-14-2007, 12:37 PM

he will easily be in the top 10

MrJ
yeah, stick a fork in him, he´s done!!! :)

gusman890
delete, jerry beat me too it ;)

El Legenda
02-14-2007, 12:38 PM
Only good thing about this lose, not losing many pts and a good couple days of rest before next touranment to get back into form

RickDaStick
02-14-2007, 12:38 PM
Saving himself for the grueling clay season. what a genius.

gusman890
02-14-2007, 12:39 PM
damn jerry, you beat me to the thread grrrrr

oh well, the life of Ivan continues, similar to what roddick had to deal with aruond this time last year with the lower players beating him.

can be bounce back?

disturb3d
6DF in 2nd set didnt help :DThese shitty players within the top 50 are all more talented than Ljubicic.
When he starts faulting on his serve, he's done.

Jaap
Only good thing about this lose, not losing many pts and a good couple days of rest before next touranment to get back into form

Dude, this is his form. He is finished.

El Legenda
02-14-2007, 12:40 PM

:lol:

Deivid23
Clay season is near, Ivan the mighty clay master will climb up the rankings soon enough.

TMJordan
:wavey:

nobama
02-14-2007, 12:41 PM
:tape:

Jimnik
Indeed, he has plenty of points to gain during the clay season including 550pts at Roland Garros.

El Legenda
Dude, this is his form. He is finished.

still beat Murray in this form :rolls: i have feeling you wont be posting in these threads couple month from now.

oscar_2424
02-14-2007, 12:43 PM
6DF in 2nd set didnt help :D

Ljubno better finds his top form soon or he will be out of the top ten.

Deivid23
02-14-2007, 12:44 PM
Indeed, he has plenty of points to gain during the clay season including 550pts at Roland Garros.

He just needs another cakewalk of a draw, too easy

Andre'sNo1Fan
02-14-2007, 12:48 PM
:haha:

Ljubicic is finished.

croat123
02-14-2007, 12:49 PM
:haha:
nice match ivan :o
oh well, bit of a slump. he just has to find some for going in to pacific life/miami

Hola Mr. SK
02-14-2007, 12:49 PM
Ljubo :awww: Mahut is a tough one,though. Not quite a surprise,considering Ljubo's recent form.

Apemant
02-14-2007, 01:01 PM

Something is very wrong with Ljubo ever since AO. Now even his BH isn't reliable anymore, and FH is a constant source of UEs.

With a game like that he can't stay in top 50, let alone top 20. But, I still don't see why he couldn't find his old self again.

Anyone has a clue what's bothering him lately?

Black Adam
02-14-2007, 01:13 PM
:lol: :haha: :rolls: *someone's ranking is going back were it belongs*
Maybe he will wake up in time for the after USO Indoor season.

kindablue
02-14-2007, 01:17 PM
Come on people! Kick the man now he is down :rolleyes:

Black Adam
02-14-2007, 01:17 PM
Something is very wrong with Ljubo ever since AO. Now even his BH isn't reliable anymore, and FH is a constant source of UEs.

With a game like that he can't stay in top 50, let alone top 20. But, I still don't see why he couldn't find his old self again.

Anyone has a clue what's bothering him lately?
The Head Racket supposedly gives you "more control on the ball" (yeah right!) but less power on the serve.(without his serve he is nothing;)) I don't know which cords he is using but maybe he also lacks the feeling for the volleys. So blame it on the Racket though personally I think it's the course of nature to return someone where he belongs:devil: especially after this person spent the whole of last somewhere he didn't belong at all.

Andre'sNo1Fan
02-14-2007, 01:19 PM
Come on people! Kick the man now he is down :rolleyes:
What did you expect on MTF? Mind you if it had been Roddick or Nadal, this thread would have been 10 pages long already.

ASP0315
02-14-2007, 01:22 PM
Congrats Mahut.

Ljubo .:help: Probably still in Davis Cup shock. :lol: Don't worry Ljubo fans When clay season comes he going to dominate the ciruit

This loss is not a good news for RaVer. :haha:

kindablue
02-14-2007, 01:23 PM
What did you expect on MTF? Mind you if it had been Roddick or Nadal, this thread would have been 10 pages long already.

I know, I know ;)

kindablue
02-14-2007, 01:25 PM
Congrats Mahut.

Ljubo .:help: Probably still in Davis Cup shock. :lol: Don't worry Ljubo fans When clay season comes he going to dominate the ciruit

This loss is not a good news for RaVer. :haha:

I 'm sure RaVer will ask him to retire!
He will even change his sig to include that :lol:

madmanfool
02-14-2007, 01:26 PM
The Head Racket supposedly gives you "more control on the ball" (yeah right!) but less power on the serve.(without his serve he is nothing;)) I don't know which cords he is using but maybe he also lacks the feeling for the volleys. So blame it on the Racket though personally I think it's the course of nature to return someone where he belongs:devil: especially after this person spent the whole of last somewhere he didn't belong at all.

Ever heared of a paintjob? That's no Head racket, at least it wasn't at Doha or the Aus open.

MariaV
02-14-2007, 01:29 PM

Raver hasn't been here today yet. :awww:
Yep, Mario & Ivan to retire together. :sad: :lol:
You can tell I'm a Raver fan. :hearts:

adee-gee
02-14-2007, 01:46 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

The "indoor king" strikes again :worship:

What's that, 8 sets of tennis without breaking serve? :spit:

Langers
02-14-2007, 01:50 PM
Cya Ivan.

No one will miss you. :wavey:

betowiec
02-14-2007, 01:59 PM

oh yeah...............lol

oz_boz
02-14-2007, 01:59 PM

New thread in GM now :lol:

Ivan, get a grip.

Veronique
02-14-2007, 02:04 PM
Can't compare Ivan to Andy. The men is old. He's already reached is peak and can only go down from here. Still think this is his last year in the top ten.

Fergie
02-14-2007, 02:07 PM
Not a surprise at all! :rolleyes:

Yappa
02-14-2007, 02:08 PM
New thread in GM now :lol:

Ivan, get a grip.

Already deleted. :sad:

I still expect Ljubicic to make a good return at at least one of the two upcoming Masters Series events.

Deathless Mortal
02-14-2007, 02:08 PM
They deleted RaVeR's thread.

silverwhite
02-14-2007, 02:10 PM
Lizard Lips :rocker:

Corey Feldman
02-14-2007, 02:10 PM
lol cant even be backed on his indoor matches now..

his confidence is down after Roddick's best friend destroyed him in R1 of the AUS open, you could see it in Zagreb when he was even lucky (and linesmen helping him in every match) to reach the final.

Mahut is good and imo gave Federer his toughest match at Wimbledon last year.

GlennMirnyi
02-14-2007, 02:40 PM
At least Mahut is no Lisnard.

vincayou
02-14-2007, 02:42 PM
Yvan starts his preparation for next slam a bit early.

Jaap
02-14-2007, 02:43 PM
Ljubobitch is GONE!

BORO77
02-14-2007, 02:52 PM
I think we will make a fortune by fading Ljubo:)
I love him but i must admit that his tennis is awful:confused:
I wouldnt be surprised if he has more losses then wins at the end of the season.

Dougie
02-14-2007, 02:58 PM
I think we will make a fortune by fading Ljubo:)
I love him but i must admit that his tennis is awful:confused:
I wouldnt be surprised if he has more losses then wins at the end of the season.

Agree. I don´t know what his problem is, but if he´s having problems with his motivation this early in the season, that´s not a good sign. Then again, maybe he is really just preparing for the clay season. :haha:

Merton
02-14-2007, 02:58 PM
It is not such a huge surprise, considering that Mahut is dangerous indoors and Ivan just came back from Davis Cup. It may be good for him to rest before the Masters Series tournaments coming up, considering that his form is nowhere near at his best at this moment.

I♥PsY@Mus!c
02-14-2007, 03:17 PM
He is fading quite fast. :sad:

ASP0315
02-14-2007, 03:31 PM
lol cant even be backed on his indoor matches now..

his confidence is down after Roddick's best friend destroyed him in R1 of the AUS open, you could see it in Zagreb when he was even lucky (and linesmen helping him in every match) to reach the final.

Mahut is good and imo gave Federer his toughest match at Wimbledon last year.

Mahut is good serve and volley player who won wimby juniors before. Yes i'm impressed with his game againt Federer at Wimby

Horatio Caine
02-14-2007, 03:31 PM
How many times am I going to say...

"Bend over Ljubo!!!"

...this year? :o

Horatio Caine
02-14-2007, 03:34 PM
Maybe Ivan is swapping his excellent MM results for a huge run at the Grand Slams?

:spit:

R.Federer
02-14-2007, 03:38 PM
A bad streak. That loss in Melbourne seems to still affect his confidence.

The worst is that by the time RG and Wimbledon rolls around he will most probably have to face a top 8 person in the quarters.

Horatio Caine
02-14-2007, 03:52 PM
The worst is that by the time RG and Wimbledon rolls around he will most probably have to face a top 8 person in the quarters.

About time he beats someone decent :armed:

tangerine_dream
02-14-2007, 03:53 PM
Ivan my love what has happened to you? You are no longer sexy to me. :sad:

BORO77
02-14-2007, 04:01 PM

I dont think his confidence is the problem. His game is the problem, the strokes are a joke, he is standing 2 metres behind the line and waiting for the opponent to make a mistake:confused:
His forehand was always bad but now he isnt hitting the backhand either, only this stupid slice.

dylan24
02-14-2007, 04:19 PM
lube is a fraud.
soon he will be like shittler

Apemant
02-14-2007, 05:52 PM

Unlike 95% of haters here who just enjoy Ljubo losing, for the sake of it (I hope they at least bet against him so they actually have a meaningful reason to be so happy, if you catch my meaning :devil: ) - I happen to have watched his several past matches.

And I don't think it's a matter of confidence. He doesn't even try wild things, he is having problems returning just anything that the opponent throws at him, no matter how easy it is. Every single FH you have this feeling that it will just hit the net, and it often does. Crazy amount of FH UEs, and even BH as well, which is unheard of.

Actually, in his last 5 matches he won like 90% of his points either directly on serve (aces, service winners, or points off of weak returns) or when his opponent makes an UE even sooner than him (not very often ;) ). Without any exaggeration, he's been pulling a Karlovic last 2 weeks.

Now there are some ignorant fools here who obviously never bothered to actually watch Ljubo play (when he plays good), so they seem to think this is kinda normal for him. That most certainly isn't true - but I can't say I understand what's the problem :shrug: . I've been thinking maybe the change of racquet thing, but then again, Fumus swears it's the same racquet as before. So I'm really confused here...

stebs
02-14-2007, 05:53 PM
If this continues for a little while longer I think I will have to agree with a few here that Ljubo is finished as a top player. I will give him a little while longer, until the clay season begins, to prove me wrong. If he can't make any performances in that time then it'll be hard not to think he's dad his say and now he's gone.

El Legenda
02-14-2007, 06:07 PM

he is playing bad now and still getting 3/1 ratio :wavey:

stebs
02-14-2007, 06:17 PM
he is playing bad now and still getting 3/1 ratio :wavey:

He will be in the top 20 atthe end of the year probably but he will not be challanging for big tournaments or for a place in the top 10 unless he gets his act together.

MariaV
02-14-2007, 07:08 PM

I miss my Raver and his threads. :awww: :tears: :crying2: :bigcry:
Ivan, get a grip - :yeah:

R.Federer
02-14-2007, 07:26 PM
And I don't think it's a matter of confidence. He doesn't even try wild things, he is having problems returning just anything that the opponent throws at him, no matter how easy it is. Every single FH you have this feeling that it will just hit the net, and it often does. Crazy amount of FH UEs, and even BH as well, which is unheard of.

But if it isn't confidence, what would you attribute it to? He is making mistakes on routine shots. He is losing to players that he really ought not to. Some matches can send players into temporary tailspins. Ginepri after the USO and the momentum from there, loses to PHM after being two sets and a break up in Melbourne and cannot bring himself up again. These things do happen, you just lose belief for a while. Or maybe the disappointment is on your mind and cannot focus on the task at hand.

delsa
02-14-2007, 07:30 PM
Lizard Lips :rocker:

:lol: I had forgotten about this nickname!

:worship:

LoveFifteen
02-14-2007, 07:40 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Seneca
02-14-2007, 08:01 PM
Ljubo is in the same situation many top-class players have been before him (see Roddick, Andy @ 2006). He's an established top dog which means every one of his opponents will strive to bring his 'A' game and gain a noteworthy victory, no matter how small the tournament. The weapons Ljubicic used to claim his place in the top 5 are no longer enough to fend off opponents who are aware of his strengths and weaknesses and he'll have to improve in order to stay at the top. Slowly waning confidence will not help in this matter.

Every player faces this funk, in calendar-year sports known as the sophomore slump and it separates the truly great ones from the merely very good ones. The slump's steepness varies from mild (Ferrer) to absurd (Coria). To prove his place in the absolute elite of late 00's tennis, Ljubo will have to bring more to the table than he does now.

Let it be said that I won't miss the Bald Dwarf if his highest peak in history will be late 2005 - mid 2006.

gebl
02-14-2007, 08:21 PM
Yvan starts his preparation for next slam a bit early.

:worship:

ASP0315
02-14-2007, 08:23 PM

:worship: Otherwise he posts are getting ridiculous.

jazar
02-14-2007, 08:25 PM
players are finally realising ljubicic is really just a serve

El Legenda
02-14-2007, 08:27 PM
players are finally realising ljubicic is really just a serve

Karlovic has better serve and i didnt see him in top 10 last 2 years.

jazar
02-14-2007, 08:30 PM
Karlovic has better serve and i didnt see him in top 10 last 2 years.

but lets face it, karlovic barely has groundstrokes, at least ljubicic has some form of forehand and backhand

Horatio Caine
02-14-2007, 08:32 PM
but lets face it, karlovic barely has groundstrokes, at least ljubicic has some form of forehand and backhand

Emphasis on some :lol:

Klaas_nalbandian
02-14-2007, 08:35 PM
woehoe

nkhera1
02-15-2007, 01:43 AM

If he can get that far in either of them.

Truc
02-15-2007, 12:37 PM
Caujolle (the director of the tournament in Marseille) defends Ljubicic in L'Équipe today, some people in Marseille were wondering if Ljubo tanked this match and just wanted to get his appearance check, but Caujolle says Ljubo never asks for guarantees to play in Marseille.

Mistaflava
02-15-2007, 02:21 PM

:worship: :haha:

RickDaStick
02-15-2007, 03:06 PM
Caujolle (the director of the tournament in Marseille) defends Ljubicic in L'Équipe today, some people in Marseille were wondering if Ljubo tanked this match and just wanted to get his appearance check, but Caujolle says Ljubo never asks for guarantees to play in Marseille.

:yeah:

El Legenda
02-15-2007, 03:13 PM

he tanks but stickes around the play doubles and now in the SF

Apemant
02-15-2007, 03:35 PM
The weapons Ljubicic used to claim his place in the top 5 are no longer enough to fend off opponents who are aware of his strengths and weaknesses and he'll have to improve in order to stay at the top. Slowly waning confidence will not help in this matter.

But this obviously isn't the case... if he played good and some people figured him out, I wouldn't say a word besides 'congratz, young guns'.

If you actually watched his last several matches it's clear that he DOESN'T have those weapons anymore (except serve, which just isn't enough - never was). I remember him hitting BH winners down the line many times a match. Now those BH shots go 2 meters wide. His FH was never great, but the amount of UEs on that side is ridiculous these days. So I don't think it has anything to do with the opposition figuring him out.

To prove his place in the absolute elite of late 00's tennis, Ljubo will have to bring more to the table than he does now.

Much much more than he's doing right now; but nothing he didn't already show a year ago. Still, I wouldn't exactly call him a member of the 'absolute elite', I guess you're trying to be funny. :cool: He's not even in the top 20 of the 21st century, as AnnaK's list clearly shows.

BTW, the Bald DWARF? :scratch: :D

RickDaStick
02-15-2007, 03:54 PM
Ljubo is in a slump right now. Look at Roddick last year at this time, he couldnt beat Bilbos grandmother. And the funny thing is ljubo is playing his worst tennis in years and still has had better results than 95 % of the guys on tour including Nadal.