Bene Dorsch [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Bene Dorsch

Komodo
02-14-2007, 01:17 PM
Hi everybody,

maybe someone here who knows college tennis can tell me something about Benedikt Dorsch, born 81 and currently ranked 189.

He apparently was a very dominant college player for the Baylor Bears, where he played ahead of Benjamin Becker, and was awarded NCAA player of the year for 3 straight years.
He graduated from Baylor in 2005 & went pro, reaching his career high of 160 already in the summer of 2006, after only 1 year, but apparently got an injury that cancelled his whole 2007 autumn. Now he is back, and went to the final of the Dallas Challenger, though he didn't have to beat any really good guys to do that.
He and Benny Becker came from Baylor to the tour together (though Benny hasn't graduated yet; still has one semester to go), and in 2005, Dorsch still was the better player as he was in College, beating him in some F/Ch.
So, what do people with insight think about this player and about his future? Is it only his injury that has been holding him back? Is it chonical (?), I think it's a back injury, and those don't go away too easily.

Edit: Player Profile link: http://www.atptennis.com/5/en/players/playerprofiles/default.asp?playersearch=dorsch

And please refrain from writing that this doesn't belong here, especially if you are one of the garbage spammers on this board. Why wouldn't we discuss a potential top 100 player here, at least I find that way more interesting than a lot of the other stuff that is posted here! :)

Update: He just beat Nathan Healey, Aussie ranked about 180 who just won the (very bad, but still) Oceania Challenger, in the first round in Joplin.
The Joplin Challenger really isn't strong at all, but now Dorsch has to play Michael Russell, the number 1 seed, in the second round. Tough luck.

johnnylad
02-14-2007, 02:46 PM
Dorsch is very strong mentally. Has a great temperament

Komodo
02-15-2007, 03:52 PM
Dorsch lost to Russell 3-6, 4-6. *bump*

More or less expected, he had the bad luck of running into the number 1 seed in the 2nd round already.
There have to be some people here who want to discuss Dorsch!

SwissMister1
02-15-2007, 03:59 PM
Its fun to watch him hit his forehand, I'll say that about him. Otherwise, I think he can be okay, I dont see him doing anything on clay. You can check out highlights of him from last week's challenger at Dallas's website

johnnylad
02-16-2007, 11:01 AM
There have to be some people here who want to discuss Dorsch!

Anyone called Benedict has to be worth discussing!