Useless Mens Tennis Trivia [Archive] - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

Useless Mens Tennis Trivia

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

jole
02-07-2005, 04:58 AM
I prefer Attila the Stockbroker myself, but then there was the legend of Sandor Noszaly the man who helped Hungary beat the Aussies in DC in Budapest.

Fair play I'm sure.

vogus
02-07-2005, 04:59 AM
Selective history I see you are taking there to make the point, it would be me calling Canadians Americans when that is not the case.

well, i wouldnt call Canadians Americans because i know they don't like that, but i think some of them are wondering whether they shouldn't to join up with us after all, especially the ones out west...

Action Jackson
02-07-2005, 05:03 AM
well, i wouldnt call Canadians Americans because i know they don't like that, but i think some of them are wondering whether they shouldn't to join up with us after all, especially the ones out west...

Calling Austrians and Germans is the exactly the same thing as Canadians and Americans.

Now why would Canada want to join up they wouldn't, that's why 1812 in happened in the 1st place.

Action Jackson
02-07-2005, 05:04 AM
Back to topic.

In the 90s which player decided to take the piss out of his opponent during their match at the French Open? What I mean is by mocking their mannerisms constantly throughout the match.

One clue they were both quite intense on the court. Name the players and the one who was doing the mocking?

vogus
02-07-2005, 05:07 AM
Calling Austrians and Germans is the exactly the same thing as Canadians and Americans.

Now why would Canada want to join up they wouldn't, that's why 1812 in happened in the 1st place.

from my point of view, its not the same, bcuz i have a sense of the difference between Americans and Canadians, whereas between Austrians and Germans i have no such sense.

There are rumblings in Western Canada about splitting off and joining as US states, and have been for years. In Ontario, they would never agree to it though.

Action Jackson
02-07-2005, 05:10 AM
from my point of view, its not the same, bcuz i have a sense of the difference between Americans and Canadians, whereas between Austrians and Germans i have no such sense.

Have you spent any length of time in Austria or Germany? There are quite a lot of differences, but you would have to be there to see them.

There are rumblings in Western Canada about splitting off and joining as US states, and have been for years. In Ontario, they would never agree to it though.

They wouldn't be any better off and it's not serious, they wouldn't get any better treatment and the only benefit they would get is more guns.

vogus
02-07-2005, 05:16 AM
the only difference i noticed was, the sound of people speaking the Austrian German in Vienna annoyed my ears less than the sound of the German German in Frankfurt and Cologne. Its true that i just dont know that much about either country, other than they were Nazis, and we kicked their asses in the war and then gave them a bunch of money afterwards.

Action Jackson
02-07-2005, 05:18 AM
the only difference i noticed was, the sound of people speaking the Austrian German in Vienna annoyed my ears less than the sound of the German German in Frankfurt and Cologne. Its true that i just dont know that much about either country, other than they were Nazis, and we kicked their asses in the war and then gave them a bunch of money afterwards.

So everyone was a Nazi then? That'd be like saying all Americans are ignorant who don't give a crap about what's going on outside their country. The Swiss are a bunch of boring, conservative bankers with no personality, when those statements are just as incorrect as each other.

vogus
02-07-2005, 05:31 AM
So everyone was a Nazi then? That'd be like saying all Americans are ignorant who don't give a crap about what's going on outside their country. The Swiss are a bunch of boring, conservative bankers with no personality, when those statements are just as incorrect as each other.

people have to take responsibility for what their countries are doing, thats just the way it goes. If there werent millions and millions of German people backing Hitler, he never would have come to power. It's like, if GW Bush goes and screws up the whole frigging world, people aren't just going to blame him, they are going to blame our whole country, even though 49 percent of us voted against him. That's just the way it goes.

And the Swiss Germans were the biggest nazi's of all, because they never got their asses kicked by the US and Britain, and so they avoided having to take responsibility for all the crap they pulled.

Action Jackson
02-07-2005, 05:47 AM
No shit people take responsibility for their own choices, but you still don't see the point. Ok, I am not going to think every American likes or supports Dubya and that's the same for the Germans and not everyone of them is a Nazi, it's not that difficult to comprehend.

Where do you get your news from FOX network or something? Everyone pulled crap in that war, collaborators, the US making money selling weapons to both sides, Swiss for taking everyones money and not returning it. I could go on, but won't

This is a tennis trivia thread and not a war history one, just because you are absolutely incapable of seperating a German and an Austrian. Ok, so do you think Swedes, Danes and Norwegians are the same people then?

vogus
02-07-2005, 05:58 AM
No shit people take responsibility for their own choices, but you still don't see the point. Ok, I am not going to think every American likes or supports Dubya and that's the same for the Germans and not everyone of them is a Nazi, it's not that difficult to comprehend.

Where do you get your news from FOX network or something? Everyone pulled crap in that war, collaborators, the US making money selling weapons to both sides, Swiss for taking everyones money and not returning it. I could go on, but won't

This is a tennis trivia thread and not a war history one, just because you are absolutely incapable of seperating a German and an Austrian. Ok, so do you think Swedes, Danes and Norwegians are the same people then?

yeah, i watch FOX news, Bill OReilly and Jim Cramer and those guys, i don't always agree with them, but i watch anyway... i know the difference between Swedes Danes and Norwegians. I just don't understand the difference between Germans and Swiss Germans and and Austrian Germans.
anyway i guess this is off topic, my bad...

basil333
02-07-2005, 06:13 AM
how the hell did this thread turn into a purely ridiculous and offendingly racist discussion!!!!!!!!!!!!

basil333
02-07-2005, 06:16 AM
please note that is a retorical question... a detailed answer is not required... just a great deal of respect for the people from the countries you have discussed!!!!!!!!!

Action Jackson
02-07-2005, 06:33 AM
Here is the question.

In the 90s which player decided to take the piss out of his opponent during their match at the French Open? What I mean is by mocking their mannerisms constantly throughout the match.

One clue they were both quite intense on the court. Name the players and the one who was doing the mocking?

Choupi
02-07-2005, 07:06 AM
Thanks for contributing to come back to tennis...

Puschkin
02-07-2005, 07:54 AM
they speak the same language, have the same national character. And the most famous German of all, Hitler, was actually an Austrian, which to me is the ultimate indication that German and Austrian are the same nationality.

It is not a simple as that ;) Your post would require a long answer, but we are on a tennis board and that's why I refrain from giving it.

bad gambler
02-07-2005, 10:15 AM
Here is the question.

can you give us a clue...was it early or late 90's? if it was early i haven't a chance, didn't watch RG until the late 90's

Leena
02-07-2005, 12:51 PM
Back to topic.

This happened during a Muster-Tarango match at US Open, surprisingly. :p

Jeff started copying his grunting, serving, and even hit a few drop shot serves since he was getting whooped. Which only served to piss Tommy off. Which is never a good idea.

I don't know the RG one, though.

Satanic Pasteur
02-07-2005, 01:32 PM
Arriens got thrown out of a tournament, something along the lines of throwing a racquet and it hit an official.

I was attending this one with a japanese friend at Roland Garros, a ballboy was hit in the face by his racket and we all booed Carsten Arriens, I remember I was sat near his coach who seemed disgusted by his man :o
The Gigolo was also on the court with two other Germans so it was quite a show ;)

Corey Feldman
02-07-2005, 03:33 PM
nice to see this thread alive again :) !!
i did that rusedski question before (about the double bagel) v arriens..... 29 minute win at Syndey 1995.

vogus
02-07-2005, 04:32 PM
no Leena, that match of Muster-Tarango was at RG '97, i think in the second round - not USO.

Leena
02-07-2005, 06:11 PM
Hmmm... yes, it was RG.

My bad.

I'm usually good with Muster stuff. :p

Lee
02-07-2005, 06:23 PM

Being a Canadian living in the west for 14 years, I will take this as a joke. Really, Americans, if you understand Canadians, you will never take this seriously.

Leena
02-08-2005, 12:44 AM
I wish Canada would take the Western half of New York state.

Action Jackson
02-08-2005, 12:54 AM
It was the RG actually and very funny to see.

Action Jackson
02-08-2005, 12:56 AM
I was attending this one with a japanese friend at Roland Garros, a ballboy was hit in the face by his racket and we all booed Carsten Arriens, I remember I was sat near his coach who seemed disgusted by his man :o
The Gigolo was also on the court with two other Germans so it was quite a show ;)

I wasn't sure of when it happened, but I knew it did and that was very poor from Arriens, almost as poor as Rusedski performance.

Action Jackson
02-08-2005, 04:30 AM
Here is one incident that happened in the 90s.

There was an incident where halfway through the doubles match the match ended suddenly in a Davis Cup tie? It wasn't a default to injury or a riot as that one happened in 2000.

1. Who were the nations?
2. Where was it played?
3.Which players were involved in the doubles.
4. What was the cause of this very sudden ending of the match and therefore the tie?

Leena
02-08-2005, 04:35 AM
Here is one incident that happened in the 90s.

There was an incident where halfway through the doubles match the match ended suddenly in a Davis Cup tie? It wasn't a default to injury or a riot as that one happened in 2000.

1. Who were the nations?
2. Where was it played?
3.Which players were involved in the doubles.
4. What was the cause of this very sudden ending of the match and therefore the tie?
Was that the Austria-Brazil thing in '96?

It involved Muster, Kuerten, Oncins and someone else.

I don't recall what happened though. Something about how the crowd was throwing shit at Muster maybe.

Action Jackson
02-08-2005, 04:43 AM
Was that the Austria-Brazil thing in '96?

It involved Muster, Kuerten, Oncins and someone else.

I don't recall what happened though. Something about how the crowd was throwing shit at Muster maybe.

Close enough to get the answer as the nations were right, 3 of the players were correct.

What happened when Muster was about to serve, some people at the other end had a small mirror and used the sunlight to shine in Muster's face. Then there was the standard heckling, after that a few spat at him as he was getting the balls from the ballboy.

They kept up the treatment and then in the 5th set, he had enough and with Leitgeb they walked off and the match was rewarded to Brazil and then they didn't bother with the last 2 singles matches.

Leena
02-08-2005, 04:44 AM
I always thought the match was indoors.

And it was questionable to just quit like that...

Muster definitely would have won the next singles match, and who knows what could happen in the 5th match. Guga wasn't a great player then.

Action Jackson
02-08-2005, 04:53 AM
The match was indoors, but the venue and everything is alright and with a mirror using the lights wouldn't be that hard, and it's an old trick. Not as good as the loud party outside the team hotel to keep the opponents awake and tired.

I know they did that to Rafter in France with a laser beam as he was about to serve.

Guga would have played Muster in the 4th match, then Hipfl and Meligieni to finish off the tie was the supposed plan.

Well then again it depends on each individuals tolerance level and they can get pretty animated in Brazil and maybe Muster didn't want to put up with the crap, maybe it was the spitting at him, that might've lead to that.

Leena
02-08-2005, 04:55 AM
You said sunlight. :p

Yes, Muster likely would have beat Guga... then the scrubs in the 5th match, where anything could have happened.

Action Jackson
02-18-2005, 08:57 AM
Who were the 2 previous youngest players to have played in a victorious DC final after Rafael Nadal?

Who was left out of the Wimbledon Singles Draw, then only got back in due to a withdrawl from Andres Gomez and this player went on and had their best ever performance at Wimbledon?

bad gambler
02-18-2005, 10:32 AM
Who were the 2 previous youngest players to have played in a victorious DC final after Rafael Nadal?

hewitt and J mac?

sigmagirl91
02-18-2005, 10:50 AM
Who was left out of the Wimbledon Singles Draw, then only got back in due to a withdrawl from Andres Gomez and this player went on and had their best ever performance at Wimbledon?

Miloslav Mecir.

Action Jackson
02-19-2005, 03:23 AM
Miloslav Mecir.

Not fair that you knew that and it's the right answer. Did you know the story behind what happened?

Boris Franz Ecker
02-19-2005, 09:55 AM
"Which player had the most comebacks from 2 sets to love down and the number?"

Boris Becker 10 times. Against Wilkison, Agassi, Rostagno, Mecir, Camporese, Woodbridge, Courier, Cherkasov, T. Johansson, MacLagan.

Action Jackson
02-20-2005, 09:17 AM
hewitt and J mac?

It wasn't them, but one of them was an Aussie.

bad gambler
02-20-2005, 09:21 AM
now i'm just guessing but cashy as the aussie to have done it?

bad gambler
02-20-2005, 09:22 AM

Boris Becker 10 times. Against Wilkison, Agassi, Rostagno, Mecir, Camporese, Woodbridge, Courier, Cherkasov, T. Johansson, MacLagan.

LOL mate, give us a chance to answer it before u give the answer!!

and i knew that answer as well!!! :(

Action Jackson
02-20-2005, 09:25 AM
LOL mate, give us a chance to answer it before u give the answer!!

and i knew that answer as well!!! :(

I think that was a correction of an earlier question I posted. I am just checking Krickstein in this regard and Aaron had a better 5 set record.

Action Jackson
02-20-2005, 09:35 AM
now i'm just guessing but cashy as the aussie to have done it?

Try a bit older. :)

Action Jackson
02-20-2005, 09:36 AM

Yes, thanks for the correction and it was Becker that had done it 10 times and is the correct answer and there was someone else earlier in the thread who answered that and yes it was a mistake on my behalf.

bad gambler
02-20-2005, 09:40 AM
oh....

maybe it was borg who was one of the youngest to do it?

still racking my brain for teh aussie, it could have been anyone of those who were part of the golden era for australian tennis, i'll say lew hoad?

Action Jackson
02-20-2005, 09:41 AM
Here is one which player who won a Slam managed to defeat the seeds through from # 2 to # 5 on winning the title, this is not in the order of rounds he defeated the seeds ? If this feat has been done more than once I would be very shocked.

Action Jackson
02-20-2005, 09:51 AM
oh....

maybe it was borg who was one of the youngest to do it?

still racking my brain for teh aussie, it could have been anyone of those who were part of the golden era for australian tennis, i'll say lew hoad?

You were right it was Cash. Borg was 19 when he won it.

bad gambler
02-20-2005, 09:59 AM
borg was about 16 when he first played davis cup right? for some reason i thought he would have won a DC in his first attempt

Action Jackson
02-20-2005, 10:02 AM
borg was about 16 when he first played davis cup right? for some reason i thought he would have won a DC in his first attempt

Yes, well it wasn't easy for Borg in that regard, but he left a great legacy not long after his retirement.

crimson
02-20-2005, 04:57 PM
Here is one which player who won a Slam managed to defeat the seeds through from # 2 to # 5 on winning the title, this is not in the order of rounds he defeated the seeds ? If this feat has been done more than once I would be very shocked.

Mats Wilander winning Roland Garros in 1982: he beat #2 Lendl in R16, #5 Gerulaitis in QF, #4 Clerc in SF and #3 Vilas in F.

Action Jackson
02-21-2005, 01:48 AM
Mats Wilander winning Roland Garros in 1982: he beat #2 Lendl in R16, #5 Gerulaitis in QF, #4 Clerc in SF and #3 Vilas in F.

Yes, that's the one.

Action Jackson
02-25-2005, 03:48 AM
Which top 2 players had their guarantees withdrawn from the promoter after he believed they didn't put in the required effort to justify it? Name the players and the tournament.

Leena
02-25-2005, 06:28 PM
I don't understand the question.

What "guarantees" were withdrawn?

Corey Feldman
02-25-2005, 06:32 PM
Which shit british player just tanked his first ever match today??????
TOUGH q !!!!

Leena
02-25-2005, 06:33 PM
First ever?

I've seen that player give a few crappy efforts in Flushing in his day. :p

jole
02-25-2005, 06:36 PM
Which shit british player just tanked his first ever match today??????
TOUGH q !!!!

He's no Barry Cowan, that's for sure.

Corey Feldman
02-25-2005, 06:37 PM
those wernt tanks, just plain choke jobs , (one of his other favourite traits!!) and 1 v Chela with a shoulder injury :)

jtipson
02-25-2005, 06:42 PM
Which top 2 players had their guarantees withdrawn from the promoter after he believed they didn't put in the required effort to justify it? Name the players and the tournament.

Are you thinking of Federer in Dubai 2002, after losing to Schuettler (I think) in the first round? They withheld his prize-money too, but the ATP forced them to pay it. Dubai Duty Free have certainly got the most out of him in the years since that (although it's costing them a lot more too nowadays).

Not sure who the other one was though...wouldn't have been a now-retired Russian, by any chance?

Corey Feldman
02-25-2005, 06:44 PM
Ws one of them Henman? today...
being forced to give back his $23 bucks appearence fee

ftd999
02-25-2005, 07:20 PM

No idea, but I'd be willing to bet it was either Lendl, Rios, Goran, or Safin (early career). I remember similiar stories about all of these players.

:)

ftd999
02-25-2005, 07:22 PM
Are you thinking of Federer in Dubai 2002, after losing to Schuettler (I think) in the first round? They withheld his prize-money too, but the ATP forced them to pay it. Dubai Duty Free have certainly got the most out of him in the years since that (although it's costing them a lot more too nowadays).

Not sure who the other one was though...wouldn't have been a now-retired Russian, by any chance?

Really :eek: Federer. Surprising

Oh yeah, and I forgot about YK in my last post. Obvious.

bad gambler
02-25-2005, 08:32 PM

this is a little general whitler don't u think? :p

yes i agree with the previous post, i believe federer was one in dubai

not sure about the other one....i'm assuming this occurred in the last couple of years? :shrug:

Action Jackson
02-26-2005, 03:03 AM
Ok, since some people haven't got the question I'll try and rephrase it.

There were 2 players who the promoter refused to pay their appearance money as in his eyes they had not put in the effort to justify it. This does not mean they were fined for tanking. A clue it was at the same tournament.

Leena
02-26-2005, 03:04 AM
Dent, in Marseilles, because they still haven't figured out why the hell they did that.

Action Jackson
02-26-2005, 03:05 AM

Federer is one of them and which retired Russian is that you are refering to? There is another player as well who was in involved in this infamous tournament to a particular Russian, but since I only asked for 2 you would only answer it for extra points.

crimson
02-26-2005, 02:01 PM
GWH, was it Ivanisevic and Kafelnikov at the Prague tournament in 1999? I think I remember reading an article at the time saying that the tournament promoter was refusing to pay them their appearance fees because he thought they hadn't been trying in their matches there.

Action Jackson
02-27-2005, 04:06 AM
GWH, was it Ivanisevic and Kafelnikov at the Prague tournament in 1999? I think I remember reading an article at the time saying that the tournament promoter was refusing to pay them their appearance fees because he thought they hadn't been trying in their matches there.

Yes, Peter Moravcik I think the promoter's name was of the Prague tournament refused to pay their appearance fees.

bad gambler
02-27-2005, 04:30 AM
This is an easy one, i lack creativity given its sunday afternoon

Who was the first tennis player to earn over $100,000 in a calendar year through prizemoney - clue is first TENNIS PLAYER ;)

Action Jackson
03-23-2005, 03:59 AM
This is an easy one, i lack creativity given its sunday afternoon

Who was the first tennis player to earn over $100,000 in a calendar year through prizemoney - clue is first TENNIS PLAYER ;)

Rod Laver.

Action Jackson
04-05-2005, 08:17 AM
If I am wrong here is a question.

Which two players took part in what was the tallest ATP final? This means the respective heights of both players combined.

bad gambler
04-05-2005, 08:34 AM
Rod Laver.

actually it was billie jean king :)
and yes i realise its no mens trivia but i did warn you about it :p

bad gambler
04-05-2005, 08:39 AM
Which two players took part in what was the tallest ATP final? This means the respective heights of both players combined.

Rosset v Ivanisevic

Action Jackson
04-05-2005, 08:47 AM

Since when was this about women's tennis.

Action Jackson
04-05-2005, 08:49 AM
Rosset v Ivanisevic

Rosset is right and the other is not correct.

Name the final that it was as well.

bad gambler
04-05-2005, 08:57 AM
Rosset is right and the other is not correct.

Name the final that it was as well.

i know rosset also played rusedski in a small european tournament final about 6 years ago - and i'm sure he is taller than goran

final was in france i think - i'd have to cheat to get the correct result so will let others have a go

Action Jackson
04-05-2005, 09:51 AM
i know rosset also played rusedski in a small european tournament final about 6 years ago - and i'm sure he is taller than goran

That's not it as Goran and Rusedski are the same height.

The continent is right, but the player is wrong.

Satanic Pasteur
04-05-2005, 10:35 AM
That was a Krajicek vs Rosset final in Leningrad but I can't remember the year.
Rosset 201 cm, Krajicek 196cm.

Goran is taller than grinning gorilla (194 vs 192cm) the latter was just near me once and is just same height as me so Goran owns him in one more department :devil:

Action Jackson
04-05-2005, 11:02 AM
That was a Krajicek vs Rosset final in Leningrad but I can't remember the year.
Rosset 201 cm, Krajicek 196cm.

There is another one funny enough, but this answer is correct.

Action Jackson
04-09-2005, 06:44 PM
Which player pulled out of a tournament after playing 1 game in his first round match?

The thing was that he said beforehand he was going to do it.

Name the player and the tournament? It happened in between 1990-2000.

Fedex
04-09-2005, 09:03 PM
I'm afraid you've broken the rules! :( :fiery: GWH resfuses to answer WTA questions! :lol: :p

Corey Feldman
04-10-2005, 12:05 AM
Which player pulled out of a tournament after playing 1 game in his first round match?

The thing was that he said beforehand he was going to do it.

Name the player and the tournament? It happened in between 1990-2000.
Was Muster,
in prague 1990... i think.

bad gambler
04-10-2005, 12:06 AM
yes i believe it was muster, don't where though

Action Jackson
04-10-2005, 12:43 PM
Was Muster,
in prague 1990... i think.

Yes, it was Muster and Prague was the right tournament.

Corey Feldman
04-13-2005, 02:32 AM
*From the 1995 Australian open 4th round v M.Larsson Until the 1997 Australian Open semi final v. Thomas Muster, how many consecutive tie breaks did Pete Sampras lose in this event?

Fedex
04-13-2005, 03:07 AM
*From the 1995 Australian open 4th round v M.Larsson Until the 1997 Australian Open semi final v. Thomas Muster, how many consecutive tie breaks did Pete Sampras lose in this event?
9 consecutive.

Corey Feldman
04-13-2005, 03:08 AM
correct.
losing 9 straight tb's at a slam, and in his prime :o

Fedex
04-13-2005, 03:10 AM
correct.
losing 9 straight tb's at a slam, and in his prime :o
Yes, but he still won the majority of those matches in which he lost the 9 straight tiebreaks.

Action Jackson
04-13-2005, 03:11 AM
In what year did 7 Swedes finish in the top 25 at the end of year rankings? Also name the players?

Devotee
04-13-2005, 03:22 AM
In what year did 7 Swedes finish in the top 25 at the end of year rankings? Also name the players?

This is just purely off the top of my head:

1985:

Edberg
Jarryd
Nystrom
Wilander
Lundgren
Carlsson

I can't think of a 7th. because I don't think Jonas Svensson was in the top 25 or if he was, not in 1985.

Action Jackson
04-13-2005, 03:24 AM
This is just purely off the top of my head:

1985:

Edberg
Jarryd
Nystrom
Wilander
Lundgren
Carlsson

I can't think of a 7th. because I don't think Jonas Svensson was in the top 25 or if he was, not in 1985.

No.

Devotee
04-13-2005, 03:28 AM
No.

Can't you say more than NO -- like is my guess close?

Action Jackson
04-13-2005, 03:35 AM
Can't you say more than NO -- like is my guess close?

No, well the thing is in this thread, none of us like/liked to look up the answers to the question as that is poor form.

You do know the timeframe, so you should be able to work around that.

Devotee
04-13-2005, 03:53 AM
No, well the thing is in this thread, none of us like/liked to look up the answers to the question as that is poor form.

You do know the timeframe, so you should be able to work around that.

I've now thought of Pernfors and I vaguely remember a player from Sweden named Magnus Gustafsson.

Action Jackson
04-13-2005, 03:54 AM
I've now thought of Pernfors and I vaguely remember a player from Sweden named Magnus Gustafsson.

There were many Swedish players, you have to get the right 7 and the year. :)

Devotee
04-13-2005, 04:04 AM

Is this question only about male Swedish tennis players?

Action Jackson
04-13-2005, 04:07 AM
Is this question only about male Swedish tennis players?

There are sanctions for WTA questions.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=1509898&postcount=2088

Devotee
04-13-2005, 04:54 AM

I'll add to my list Sundstrom and Gunnarsson.

Well, I'm too lazy to figure out the exact answer to your trivia question.
But I feel like I'm fairly accurate.

sigmagirl91
04-13-2005, 09:26 AM

1986:

Edberg
Wilander
Jarryd
Nystrom
Pernfors
Carlsson
Gunnarsson

That's my final answer.

Action Jackson
04-13-2005, 09:29 AM
1986:

Edberg
Wilander
Jarryd
Nystrom
Pernfors
Carlsson
Gunnarsson

That's my final answer.

Right year but there is one player who is not there on your list.

sigmagirl91
04-13-2005, 10:36 AM
Right year but there is one player who is not there on your list.

Ok...1986...
Edberg, Wilander, Jarryd, Pernfors, Nystrom, Gunnarsson, and Sundstrom.

That's my best guess.

Satanic Pasteur
04-13-2005, 07:28 PM
Svensson instead Gunnarsson from Sigma first list.

sigmagirl91
04-13-2005, 07:30 PM
I don't think Svensson. Definitely not Lundgren.

Action Jackson
04-14-2005, 12:12 AM
Svensson instead Gunnarsson from Sigma first list.

Yes, you are right it was the list of

Wilander
Edberg
Nystrom
Jarryd
Pernfors
Carlsson
Svensson

mandoura
04-14-2005, 12:55 AM
Who was the only Egyptian to win the Wimbledon Junior Championship and in which year?

DanEd
04-14-2005, 01:57 AM
Who was the only Egyptian to win the Wimbledon Junior Championship and in which year?

Mohammed Al Sauari :silly:

Action Jackson
04-14-2005, 02:08 AM
Mohammed Al Sauari :silly:

Did you look that up and if that's the answer, you have to name the year?

DanEd
04-14-2005, 02:27 AM

I think the right answer is: Ismail El Shafei in 1964

mandoura
04-14-2005, 03:49 AM
I think the right answer is: Ismail El Shafei in 1964

Correct. He was also the runner up in 1963. :)

mandoura
04-14-2005, 05:32 AM

This is a totally made up answer. :lol: There is no Egyptian player with such name in any year. ;)

Action Jackson
04-14-2005, 05:32 AM
This question could be a bit tricky, then again maybe not.

Marc Rosset holds a unique record in tennis? What is this particular record?

mandoura
04-14-2005, 05:34 AM
Double Faults ??? :retard::silly::D

Action Jackson
04-14-2005, 05:50 AM
Double Faults ??? :retard::silly::D

No, it's not that. :p

bad gambler
04-14-2005, 06:09 AM
This question could be a bit tricky, then again maybe not.

Tallest player ever to win an ATP tournament

Action Jackson
04-14-2005, 06:15 AM
Tallest player ever to win an ATP tournament

Not quite, but very much on the right track.

oz_boz
04-14-2005, 09:33 AM

Only player wose length in millimeters matches the year he won the Olympics (1992)?
Tallest man who has beaten Federer in back-to-back ATP tournies?
The only 2 m man on top-10?

Action Jackson
04-14-2005, 09:34 AM
Only player wose length in millimeters matches the year he won the Olympics (1992)?
Tallest man who has beaten Federer in back-to-back ATP tournies?

I'll give a clue it has something to do with his height, but that's not the answer I was looking for.

Becarina
04-14-2005, 09:37 AM
he is taller than federer

oz_boz
04-14-2005, 09:37 AM
I'll give a clue it has something to do with his height, but that's not the answer I was looking for.

Tallest man on top-10?

Action Jackson
04-14-2005, 09:38 AM
Tallest man on top-10?

I'll let you have that.

He is the tallest guy ever to be ranked in the top 10 singles and doubles.

Action Jackson
04-14-2005, 09:38 AM
he is taller than federer

Stop trolling.

Becarina
04-14-2005, 09:40 AM
Stop trolling.

NO> can't help it and no one is online, so bite me :p

NATAS81
04-14-2005, 09:41 AM
I love night time.

Action Jackson
04-14-2005, 09:42 AM
NO> can't help it and no one is online, so bite me :p

One if I was to bite you I would have to get sterilised before and after and two there are plenty of other threads to do it.

Becarina
04-14-2005, 09:44 AM
One if I was to bite you I would have to get sterilised before and after and two there are plenty of other threads to do it.

it is Sterilized and I thought I was right, am I not?

NATAS81
04-14-2005, 09:46 AM
ster·il·ize ( P ) Pronunciation Key (str-lz)
tr.v. ster·il·ized, ster·il·iz·ing, ster·il·iz·es
To make free from live bacteria or other microorganisms.
To deprive (a person or an animal) of the ability to produce offspring, as by removing the reproductive organs.

To make incapable of bearing fruit or germinating.
To render (land) unfruitful.
Economics. To place (gold) in safekeeping so as not to affect the supply of money or credit.
To make inoffensive or innocuous: sterilized the terminology with euphemisms.

Action Jackson
04-14-2005, 09:46 AM
it is Sterilized and I thought I was right, am I not?

My you are such a brainiac. You should be snapped by NASA with that mind of yours.

Becarina
04-14-2005, 09:47 AM
groovy. But I meant I am right he is taller than federer.

Becarina
04-14-2005, 09:48 AM
My you are such a brainiac. You should be snapped by NASA with that mind of yours.

this is true...and I am close. Wonder why they haven't got me yet....;) Chill.

Action Jackson
04-14-2005, 09:49 AM
groovy. But I meant I am right he is taller than federer.

The answer has already been given to that question, but not that you actually care.

Action Jackson
04-14-2005, 09:51 AM
this is true...and I am close. Wonder why they haven't got me yet....;) Chill.

They'll find you and as trying to be funny with the American English version of sterilise as for being correct, you must be bored.

Becarina
04-14-2005, 09:52 AM
The answer has already been given to that question, but not that you actually care.

My post was faster...sorry

Action Jackson
04-14-2005, 09:53 AM
My post was faster...sorry

Overdosed on the cod liver oil it's plain to see, it's about getting the right answer and not the fastest and why are you so bored?

Becarina
04-14-2005, 09:53 AM
They'll find you and as trying to be funny with the American English version of sterilise as for being correct, you must be bored.

I am bored, yes, but that is the "American" way of spelling it. You make me hot.

Becarina
04-14-2005, 09:55 AM
Overdosed on the cod liver oil it's plain to see, it's about getting the right answer and not the fastest and why are you so bored?

cod liver oil? yuck! I was not going for the RIGHT answer because I don't kno Mark Rossett, was just trying to bring comedy to a dead night.

I am bored because all the people I can find to talk to are rude ..

Action Jackson
04-14-2005, 09:57 AM
cod liver oil? yuck! I was not going for the RIGHT answer because I don't kno Mark Rossett, was just trying to bring comedy to a dead night.

I am bored because all the people I can find to talk to are rude ..

That is what non-tennis is for and if you want comedy there are plenty of threads for that, this isn't one of them.

Becarina
04-14-2005, 10:00 AM
lots of comedy here dude

Action Jackson
04-14-2005, 10:01 AM
lots of comedy here dude

You thinking Roddick will win RG is the funniest thing you could ever say and don't bother trying to top that.

Becarina
04-14-2005, 10:05 AM
You thinking Roddick will win RG is the funniest thing you could ever say and don't bother trying to top that.

Oh Lord, on and on, OBVIOUSLY that was a joke, sorry that stick up your butt doesn't let you understand those. Stop taking yourself so seriously and you will be a fun person. It is 5am and I am wanting to find someone interesting to talk to...can ya help or not?

Action Jackson
04-14-2005, 10:07 AM
Oh Lord, on and on, OBVIOUSLY that was a joke, sorry that stick up your butt doesn't let you understand those. Stop taking yourself so seriously and you will be a fun person. It is 5am and I am wanting to find someone interesting to talk to...can ya help or not?

I am having a ball actually.

Becarina
04-14-2005, 10:07 AM
I am having a ball actually.

me too.

Action Jackson
04-14-2005, 10:08 AM
me too.

Stop telling porkies.

Becarina
04-14-2005, 10:11 AM
see, you are funny! I don't know what that means, but I am laughing...thanks!

Action Jackson
04-14-2005, 10:15 AM
see, you are funny! I don't know what that means, but I am laughing...thanks!

Go back to the kitchen wench and the bad rep thread has some more answers for you.

Becarina
04-14-2005, 10:16 AM
Go back to the kitchen wench and the bad rep thread has some more answers for you.

it is boring there too...but thanks for the consideration :)

Becarina
04-14-2005, 10:24 AM
I put your quote in my sig hun, you will be famous. :)

Corey Feldman
04-14-2005, 11:28 AM
Which player defeated Goran Ivanisevic in 4 successive tournies in 1995 (Montreal, Los Angeles, Cincinnati and Indianapolis?)

bad gambler
04-14-2005, 11:36 AM
Which player defeated Goran Ivanisevic in 4 successive tournies in 1995 (Montreal, Los Angeles, Cincinnati and Indianapolis?)

tompa

Corey Feldman
04-14-2005, 11:50 AM
correct cobber :)

Action Jackson
04-15-2005, 02:45 AM
How many Argentine players have been ranked in the top 10 of singles? Name the players? This one is not as easy as it looks.

DanEd
04-15-2005, 02:58 AM
Guillermo Vilas Nº 2 ( 1975, 1977)

José Luis Clerc Nº 5 ( 1981)

Guillermo Coria Nº 5 (2003)

David Nalbandian Nº 8 ( 2003)

Gastón Gaudio Nº 10 ( 2004)

Alberto Mancini Nº 9 ( 1989)

Martin Jaite Nº 10 (1990)

Action Jackson
04-15-2005, 02:59 AM
That is the right answer.

jole
04-15-2005, 03:03 AM
Vamos Jaite.

Action Jackson
04-15-2005, 03:04 AM
Vamos Jaite.

Martin will be getting a write up in the oldies thread very soon.

jole
04-15-2005, 03:05 AM
Martin will be getting a write up in the oldies thread very soon.

Awesome, he is deserving for sure. I am continually impressed by the show he puts on in Buenos Aires. I'd liek to visit one of these days.

Action Jackson
04-15-2005, 03:06 AM
Which 2 former Slam champions met 4 times in the same event and they split the results evenly?

Name the players, the matches and the results?

jole
04-15-2005, 03:10 AM
By the way, how do you pronounce Martin's surname? Is the "J" like an "H", like Jaime (Haimee)? Or is the J "true"?

DanEd
04-15-2005, 03:11 AM
Agassi-Francisco Clavet

2002 Scottsdale, Hard, R32
AZ, U.S.A. Hard R32 Agassi 6 3 6 2
2001 Scottsdale, Hard, R32
AZ, U.S.A. Hard R32 Clavet 1 6 7 6 5 7
2000 Scottsdale, Hard, R16
AZ, U.S.A. Hard R16 Clavet 1 6 2 6

1992 Scottsdale, Hard, R32
AZ, U.S.A. Hard R32 Agassi 6 2 6 1

Action Jackson
04-15-2005, 03:29 AM
By the way, how do you pronounce Martin's surname? Is the "J" like an "H", like Jaime (Haimee)? Or is the J "true"?

A true J if he was Portuguese, but the Haimee from the back of the throat is closer.

Action Jackson
04-15-2005, 03:31 AM
Agassi-Francisco Clavet

2002 Scottsdale, Hard, R32
AZ, U.S.A. Hard R32 Agassi 6 3 6 2
2001 Scottsdale, Hard, R32
AZ, U.S.A. Hard R32 Clavet 1 6 7 6 5 7
2000 Scottsdale, Hard, R16
AZ, U.S.A. Hard R16 Clavet 1 6 2 6

1992 Scottsdale, Hard, R32
AZ, U.S.A. Hard R32 Agassi 6 2 6 1

The question has been reworded and please look at that.

This answer was right, but it's actually Slam champions now.

jole
04-15-2005, 03:53 AM
A true J if he was Portuguese, but the Haimee from the back of the throat is closer.

I gotcha, thanks.

TennisLurker
04-15-2005, 08:03 PM
French Open 1982 Wilander beats Lendl 64 57 63 46 26
French Open 1984 Lendl beats Wilander 63 63 75
French Open 1985 Wilander beats Lendl 63 46 26 26
French Open 1987 Lendl beats Wilander 75 62 36 76

Action Jackson
04-16-2005, 02:32 AM
French Open 1982 Wilander beats Lendl 64 57 63 46 26
French Open 1984 Lendl beats Wilander 63 63 75
French Open 1985 Wilander beats Lendl 63 46 26 26
French Open 1987 Lendl beats Wilander 75 62 36 76

That is correct.

Wilander beat Lendl in 2 finals and Lendl beat him in 1.

Action Jackson
04-18-2005, 08:14 PM
A couple of easy questions here.

1) Name one coach that has coached 2 seperate RG champions? Name the coach and the player.

2) Name a player and coach who are/were together and they both have won the same TMS event? Name the player and his coach at the time or currently, plus the event?

sigmagirl91
04-18-2005, 08:16 PM
1. :shrug:

2. Mancini and Coria (2003)? (Monte Carlo 1989 and 2004, respectively). That's my best guess right now.

Action Jackson
04-18-2005, 08:18 PM
Number 2 is right. I am not sure if there are any others, but if so please feel free to name them.

sigmagirl91
04-18-2005, 09:13 PM
1. Is it Jose Higueras when he coached Jim Courier to the 1992 and 1993 French Open titles? I don't know who else he would have coached, but this too is my best guess.

Action Jackson
04-18-2005, 09:16 PM
1. Is it Jose Higueras when he coached Jim Courier to the 1992 and 1993 French Open titles? I don't know who else he would have coached, but this too is my best guess.

No, that is incorrect. The question asked 1 coach and 2 different players this not the case wirh the above answer.

DanEd
04-19-2005, 03:10 AM
1) Josep Perlas (the coach),Albert Costa, Carlos Moya.

Action Jackson
04-19-2005, 07:04 AM
1) Josep Perlas (the coach),Albert Costa, Carlos Moya.

That's the one.

Action Jackson
04-25-2005, 12:08 PM
Here is a 2 part question.

At the Italian Open one year, there was a very unique way they had to dry the courts after a massive rain delay? What did they do and what year was it?

WyveN
04-26-2005, 02:27 AM
With the whole Nadal winning RG hype, who was the last teenager to win a slam?
Sounds easy but someone asked me this yesterday and for some reason I was stuck for a long time.

TennisLurker
04-26-2005, 02:56 AM
chang?

TennisLurker
04-26-2005, 02:57 AM
mmm...they poured oil and made it burn, something like that?

mitalidas
04-26-2005, 03:24 AM
With the whole Nadal winning RG hype, who was the last teenager to win a slam?
Sounds easy but someone asked me this yesterday and for some reason I was stuck for a long time.

sampras ? 1990 uso?

mitalidas
04-26-2005, 03:25 AM
chang?

no
chang won 1989 fo and sampras was 1990 uso
i am not sure sampras was the last but could be (how much was duck with 2003 uso?)

Action Jackson
04-26-2005, 06:37 AM
mmm...they poured oil and made it burn, something like that?

Yes, they had the fire brigade waiting nearby in case the smoke was too much, but it managed to get dry and they played the semis that night.

Action Jackson
04-28-2005, 04:45 PM
Who is the only player never to lose a point in a set? Name the victim as well.

jtipson
04-28-2005, 05:29 PM
Who is the only player never to lose a point in a set? Name the victim as well.

Bill Scanlon. His unfortunate victim was Marcos Hocevar (and I admit I've never heard of this guy). At least he got two games in the first set though!

Black Adam
04-28-2005, 05:42 PM
Bill Scanlon. His unfortunate victim was Marcos Hocevar (and I admit I've never heard of this guy). At least he got two games in the first set though!
Jeez! I did not know that in male tennis history there has been only one Golden set dished out :eek:

Action Jackson
04-29-2005, 04:15 AM

Those are the participants.

oz_boz
04-29-2005, 12:18 PM
Which two ATP players have played against each other the most times? For your info its not Sampras & Agassi, who played 34 matches (H2H 20-14).

fabolous
05-12-2005, 12:49 PM
Which two ATP players have played against each other the most times? For your info its not Sampras & Agassi, who played 34 matches (H2H 20-14).
*bump*

hmmm maybe lendl and connors? they played against eachother 35 times (22-13 for lendl).

Action Jackson
05-12-2005, 12:50 PM
Becker and Edberg also played 35 times I think.

fabolous
05-12-2005, 01:13 PM
yes you are right george. so are these two pairs the right solution?

jayrhum
05-12-2005, 01:15 PM
Lendl and McEnroe are at 36.
(But I don't know if it's the right answer...)

oz_boz
05-12-2005, 01:46 PM
Lendl and McEnroe are at 36.
(But I don't know if it's the right answer...)

Guess you guys are gonna be mad at me: I am not 100% sure either, even though I posted the question! But "McEnroe-Lendl, 36 matches" is my solution after having done some research on atptennis and tenniscorner.

Action Jackson
05-13-2005, 08:28 AM
An easy question.

What 3 things do Juan Aguilera, Roberto Carretero and Albert Portas have in common?

mandoura
05-13-2005, 01:05 PM
An easy question.

What 3 things do Juan Aguilera, Roberto Carretero and Albert Portas have in common?

They are all spanish.

Working on the other 2.

fabolous
05-13-2005, 01:42 PM
they all won in hamburg-rothenbaum.

working on the last one.

Raquel
05-13-2005, 04:07 PM
they all won in hamburg-rothenbaum.

They all won as qualifiers as well I think.

tennis elbow
05-13-2005, 04:15 PM
who did John McEnroe pair up with to win his first ever Grand Slam title?

Action Jackson
05-14-2005, 07:02 AM
mandoura, fab and Racquel you got all 3 of the things I was looking for.

Corey Feldman
05-14-2005, 11:25 AM
Which player won Queens club.. not dropping a set and winning 9 of the 10 sets 6-4 ?

Action Jackson
05-14-2005, 11:26 AM
Which player won Queens club.. not dropping a set and winning 9 of the 10 sets 6-4 ?

Scott Draper.

Corey Feldman
05-14-2005, 11:27 AM
Nope..

fabolous
05-14-2005, 04:11 PM
That was Peter Fleming.

and that was Lleyton Hewitt. Funny scoreline indeed:lol:

fabolous
05-14-2005, 04:15 PM
ok now i'm allowed to ask a question:

exotic players:

name former top 100 players (singles ranking only) from these countries:

Bahamas, Costa Rica, Haiti, Mexico, Peru, Portugal, Senegal, Uruguay, Venezuela, Zimbabwe.

note: george, this might be too easy for you, so you are not allowed to answer this question;)

Satanic Pasteur
05-14-2005, 07:38 PM
Bahamas : Mark Knowles
Costa Rica : Juan Antonio Marin
Haiti : Ronald Agenor
Mexico : Leonardo Lavalle
Peru : Jaime Yzaga
Portugal : Joao Cunha-Silva
Senegal : Yahiya Doumbia
Uruguay : Marcelo Filippini
Venezuela : Nicolas Pereira
Zimbabwe : Byron Black

Corey Feldman
05-15-2005, 12:56 AM
and that was Lleyton Hewitt. Funny scoreline indeed:lol:
correct :) among some of lleyton's 6-4 6-4 victims in 2000: Pioline, Ivanisevic and Sampras.

fabolous
05-15-2005, 10:32 AM
Bahamas : Mark Knowles
Costa Rica : Juan Antonio Marin
Haiti : Ronald Agenor
Mexico : Leonardo Lavalle
Peru : Jaime Yzaga
Portugal : Joao Cunha-Silva
Senegal : Yahiya Doumbia
Uruguay : Marcelo Filippini
Venezuela : Nicolas Pereira
Zimbabwe : Byron Black
they are all correct, except joao cunha-silva. he was never top100. i'm looking for another portugese player.

Action Jackson
06-09-2005, 10:37 AM
they are all correct, except joao cunha-silva. he was never top100. i'm looking for another portugese player.

Nuno Marques.

Action Jackson
06-09-2005, 10:38 AM
Easy question here.

Which player made a Slam final on debut and never won a match at that venue again?

Purple Rainbow
06-09-2005, 10:48 AM
Easy question here.

Which player made a Slam final on debut and never won a match at that venue again?

Rafael Nadal :p

Action Jackson
06-09-2005, 10:51 AM
Rafael Nadal :p

Hahaha, not the answer.

Purple Rainbow
06-09-2005, 10:53 AM
Hahaha, not the answer.

It is correct, though! :p
The other one, I don't know, but I'm pretty curious! :)

Action Jackson
06-09-2005, 10:56 AM
It is correct, though! :p
The other one, I don't know, but I'm pretty curious! :)

It's actually quite clear as it doesn't ask specifically for a winner or a loser, then there are other factors as well.

I don't ask such easy questions.

Truc
06-09-2005, 11:06 AM
Pernfors?

Action Jackson
06-09-2005, 11:10 AM
Pernfors?

You are the winner and congrats.

Action Jackson
06-09-2005, 11:18 AM
I am going to make some of the next ones a bit more difficult.

1. Which player made this statement "I knew him since he was 10 and he was an arsehole then"? Name the player who made the comment and who it was about.

2. Which former player in the 90s is the agent of 2 Grand Slam champs? Name the player and who he represents.

3. Which doubles player was ambidextrous in the fact that he could serve with both hands?

4. Which player was on the verge of a signing pro football contract (round ball here), but chose to play tennis instead?

SuperFurryAnimal
06-09-2005, 11:21 AM
Question number four: is it about Rainer Schüttler?

Action Jackson
06-09-2005, 11:27 AM
Question number four: is it about Rainer Schüttler?

Right continent, wrong player.

SuperFurryAnimal
06-09-2005, 11:27 AM
he could have been a pro football player as well... that's what I have been told.

Action Jackson
06-09-2005, 11:30 AM
he could have been a pro football player as well... that's what I have been told.

This is one that I actually know of hence the question.

Purple Rainbow
06-09-2005, 11:31 AM
I read recently that Paul Haarhuis had much football potential too. But you probably mean somebody else.

Action Jackson
06-09-2005, 11:33 AM
I read recently that Paul Haarhuis had much football potential too. But you probably mean somebody else.

That is correct. Haarhuis was offered a contract by PSV Eindhoven, but chose tennis.

jtipson
06-09-2005, 11:35 AM
I am going to make some of the next ones a bit more difficult.
4. Which player was on the verge of a signing pro football contract (round ball here), but chose to play tennis instead?

Nicolas Escude, by any chance?

Edit: Obviously not...darned refresh ;)

Purple Rainbow
06-09-2005, 11:35 AM
That is correct. Haarhuis was offered a contract by PSV Eindhoven, but chose tennis.

:woohoo: I rule! :p

btw, thanks Patrice for lending me your Krajicek biography! :)

Action Jackson
06-09-2005, 11:36 AM
Nicolas Escude, by any chance?

Julien was the better player in that family.

Action Jackson
06-09-2005, 11:37 AM

Got a Dutch friend of mine who is big time into football told me years ago Haarhuis was a very good player, then I asked around and it was true.

Is Krajicek's book a good read?

SuperFurryAnimal
06-09-2005, 11:40 AM

You're welcome! I should have remebered it myself... Though I'm positive Rainer could have been the answer to this question as well...

tennisace
06-09-2005, 11:42 AM

Mary Carillo - RG Mixed dubs

Purple Rainbow
06-09-2005, 11:44 AM
Got a Dutch friend of mine who is big time into football told me years ago Haarhuis was a very good player, then I asked around and it was true.

Is Krajicek's book a good read?

It's a pretty good read. It's divided in 12 chapters, with every chapter devoted to one player that was important to him in a certain period of his life (McEnroe, Sampras, Ivanisevic, Schalken, Hewitt to name a few). That's quite an original aspect. Of course he comes up with excuses for the Fat Pigs incident and his sometimes difficult relationship with the press and the Dutch crowd. It's a good read, though you sometimes get lost in all the scorelines.
Recommendable for true tennis fans.

tennisace
06-09-2005, 11:44 AM
"Which doubles player was ambidextrous in the fact that he could serve with both hands?"

One of the annoying Jensen brothers. My guess would be Murphy.

Action Jackson
06-09-2005, 11:49 AM
It's a pretty good read. It's divided in 12 chapters, with every chapter devoted to one player that was important to him in a certain period of his life (McEnroe, Sampras, Ivanisevic, Schalken, Hewitt to name a few). That's quite an original aspect. Of course he comes up with excuses for the Fat Pigs incident and his sometimes difficult relationship with the press and the Dutch crowd. It's a good read, though you sometimes get lost in all the scorelines.
Recommendable for true tennis fans.

Thanks for that review and I wonder if there is an English version around and I am looking for some Krajicek trivia questions.

He has nothing to apologise for the Pigs comment. I am going to bump the oldies thread in here and comment more.

Action Jackson
06-09-2005, 11:49 AM
"Which doubles player was ambidextrous in the fact that he could serve with both hands?"

One of the annoying Jensen brothers. My guess would be Murphy.

No

tennisace
06-09-2005, 12:31 PM
No

Then it's Luke.

"WHO ARE LUKE AND MURPHY JENSEN? 10-21-2003
Luke and Murphy play doubles tennis on the pro circuit. They both lived in East Grand Rapids when they were growing up. Luke is the older one of the two. He was born on October 30,1968 in Grayling, Michigan, but he now resides in Atlanta, Georgia. He is 6'3" and weighs about 190 pounds. This is his third season playing tennis on the pro circuit. Luke is an extraordinary tennis player because he serves with both hands, and that is very hard."

Action Jackson
06-09-2005, 12:34 PM
Yes, it is Luke Jensen.

tennisace
06-09-2005, 03:08 PM
Yes, it is Luke Jensen.

Phew. I thought you were going to come up with Baron Von SomethingorOther from the '20's.

Action Jackson
06-10-2005, 12:38 PM
Phew. I thought you were going to come up with Baron Von SomethingorOther from the '20's.

I might go back 30 years with questions, but never to the 1920s.

Action Jackson
06-14-2005, 09:20 AM
These 2 questions are unaswered.

1. Which player made this statement "I knew him since he was 10 and he was an arsehole then"? Name the player who made the comment and who it was about?

2. Which former player in the 90s is the agent of 2 Grand Slam champs? Name the player and who he represents?

3. Which player made the comment about the womens players being fat lazy pigs?

4. Apart from Agassi which players have made finals of all the Slams in the Open era?

5. Which current player was coached by a former Grand Slam singles champion and under his coaching is when he made very good progress in his singles ranking, when before he was mostly a doubles player?

6. How many current players have managed to make the top 10 in both singles and doubles?

Mrs. B
06-14-2005, 10:00 AM
#5. Wilander, coached Safin

#4. Edberg & Courier

#3. Malisse?

#2. Emilio Sanchez?

#1. heard that before but don't remember who. :p

no. 6, i only can think of Roger. ;)

Action Jackson
06-14-2005, 10:09 AM
#5. Wilander, coached Safin

That right, but I made a mistake on the question, can you get it this one now. :)

#4. Edberg & Courier

Those 2 are correct, but there are more.

#3. Malisse?

No

#2. Emilio Sanchez?

No

#1. heard that before but don't remember who. :p

Hehe, no

no. 6, i only can think of Roger. ;)

Roger only got to # 24 in doubles.

Mrs. B
06-14-2005, 10:20 AM
k, i'll add Lendl to #4

Action Jackson
06-14-2005, 10:25 AM
k, i'll add Lendl to #4

The man from Ostrava is correct.

Mrs. B
06-14-2005, 10:31 AM
#3. Pat Cash/Krajicek ;)

Action Jackson
06-14-2005, 10:34 AM
#3. Pat Cash/Krajicek ;)

Krajicek is correct, but Cash agrees with that sentiment.

jtipson
06-14-2005, 11:03 AM
6. How many current players have managed to make the top 10 in both singles and doubles?

Bjorkman and Novak both have ... can't think of any more.

Action Jackson
06-14-2005, 11:04 AM
Bjorkman and Novak both have ... can't think of any more.

There are more, but those 2 are right.

jtipson
06-14-2005, 11:05 AM
5. Which current player was coached by a former Grand Slam singles champion and under his coaching is when he made very good progress in his singles ranking, when before he was mostly a doubles player?

Petr Korda's not coaching Radek Stepanek, is he? Just a wild guess.

Action Jackson
06-14-2005, 11:06 AM
Petr Korda's not coaching Radek Stepanek, is he? Just a wild guess.

That's correct Korda used to coach Stepanek.

Only answered needed are # 1 and # 2 plus additional for 6.

silverwhite
06-14-2005, 11:23 AM
1. Gaudio about Coria? :lol:

Action Jackson
06-14-2005, 11:26 AM
1. Gaudio about Coria? :lol:

No, I don't think they have known each other that long.

silverwhite
06-14-2005, 11:32 AM
It didn't turn up in a search, so either it's not the exact quote or it's a translation. :p

Action Jackson
06-14-2005, 11:35 AM
It didn't turn up in a search, so either it's not the exact quote or it's a translation. :p

That would be cheating anyway, plus this one is not an easy one.

Cervantes
06-14-2005, 11:50 AM

Marc Rosset

Action Jackson
06-14-2005, 11:51 AM
Marc Rosset

Yes, he is one.

silverwhite
06-14-2005, 12:04 PM
That would be cheating anyway, plus this one is not an easy one.

Well, I didn't think you would include that in your question if it was a direct quote anyway. :p

Action Jackson
06-14-2005, 12:06 PM
Well, I didn't think you would include that in your question if it was a direct quote anyway. :p

Considering that is the quote and the question is clear enough in that regard.

If that one baffles you, number 2 is still unanswered.

Action Jackson
06-16-2005, 05:00 PM
1. Which player made this statement "I knew him since he was 10 and he was an arsehole then"? Name the player who made the comment and who it was about?

2. Which former player in the 90s is the agent of 2 Grand Slam champs? Name the player and who he represents?

fabolous
06-16-2005, 06:34 PM

agassi about courier? i think they know each other since they were kids, but it's just a guess.

NATAS81
06-16-2005, 06:43 PM
Q: This Swede served a record number of aces against Andre Agassi in the 2005 Australian Open.

A: Joachim Johansson