12M........Prize $......10.8M

discuss ....................

mr_burns
02-13-2007, 11:11 AM
Moya...the stats say it

JCF may have more talent

Monteque
02-13-2007, 11:15 AM
can we talk about this thing:cool: again after both retired.......

Carlita
02-13-2007, 11:17 AM
:worship: amen

AnnaK_4ever
02-13-2007, 11:21 AM
Ferrero.

Better Slam results, better titles, better wins. Better year-end ranking. FAR more deserving and REAL No.1 rank. Lack of mickey mouse titles, though.

Had a great season of 2003:
QF at AO
W at RG
4r at WIM
RU at USO
Titles at Monte Carlo, Valencia and Madrid; finals at Sydney and Bangkok; never lost in the first round.

aramis
02-13-2007, 03:00 PM
Ferrero may have fewer results, but his results are of much higher quality.

zicofirol
02-13-2007, 03:04 PM
:rolleyes: , Moya has 2 GS finals, he lost to Sampras in the 97 AO.

Moya has had a better career, he was a top 10 player for a long time and didnt "go away" like ferrero has after his 03 season...

Snowwy
02-13-2007, 03:17 PM
Moya, he has been more consistant.

Corey Feldman
02-13-2007, 04:20 PM
Moya for me..
been a bit more consistant over many years and has won more matches than anyone left on the tour.

Deivid23
02-13-2007, 04:24 PM
Charly, of course. Ferrero is a tool

TheBoiledEgg
02-13-2007, 04:24 PM
:rolleyes: , Moya has 2 GS finals, he lost to Sampras in the 97 AO.

Moya has had a better career, he was a top 10 player for a long time and didnt "go away" like ferrero has after his 03 season...

yes two slams finals
i did say he won 1, so that leaves 1 as a finalist :rolleyes:

dont see Ferrero coming back to top 10 again :(

zicofirol
02-13-2007, 04:42 PM
yes two slams finals
i did say he won 1, so that leaves 1 as a finalist :rolleyes:

dont see Ferrero coming back to top 10 again :(

lol my mistake... still it was confusing how you put it , because itt says slam finals so it is 2...

aramis
02-13-2007, 05:05 PM
Well, to be fair, its not like Ferrero "went away" on purpose after 03. He unfortunately caught chicken pox early in 04 and shortly after he cracked his ribs and had a wrist injury. He wasn't like Gaudio who won the FO and just lost motivation after that. In 04 and 05 you could tell by watching him that he was really trying to get his game back. It was only since last year that he seemed like he lost his drive.

Deboogle!.
02-13-2007, 05:20 PM
I would say they are pretty close to equal :shrug:

Jimnik
02-13-2007, 05:24 PM
JC should have more of a future than Moya.
But we'll see.

kobulingam
02-13-2007, 05:34 PM
I wonder what happened to JCF. After chicken pox he's never been the same.

TheBoiledEgg
02-13-2007, 06:36 PM
it took Carlos nearly 3 yrs to get over his stress fracture of his back in 99.
but he got back to to 10 and stayed there for another 3 yrs.

Ferrero seems to lost all motivation and his FH just doesnt seem the same.
no bite, no sting and even on clay he's lost :help:

aramis
02-13-2007, 07:02 PM
it took Carlos nearly 3 yrs to get over his stress fracture of his back in 99.
but he got back to to 10 and stayed there for another 3 yrs.

Ferrero seems to lost all motivation and his FH just doesnt seem the same.
no bite, no sting and even on clay he's lost :help:

Indeed. Switching to that head racquet really screwed up his forehand and its still not the same shot even after switching back. Although I haven't seen him play in a while, so maybe its getting better?

R.Federer
02-13-2007, 07:13 PM
Moya has 3 years on JCF, wait and see if Juan Carlos can pull something good off in the next few years.

By the way one important difference between the two is : only one of them was ATP Number 1 for more than 2 weeks.

Second, a few more of Moya's titles have come at quite small tournaments.

joeb_uk
02-13-2007, 07:18 PM

If we are being honest, both of them are done (with regards to changing the stats listed above). They both are very unlikely to achieve anything more than the odd atp tour level event, if even that.

I think its a tough call, I wasn't around when Moya was at his best so I don't know. But from the stats, it does seem virtually equal.

Boris Franz Ecker
02-13-2007, 08:26 PM
Moya. Ferrero is only a joke for nearly 3 years now.
Moya wins his title every year and already has 19 or 20.
11 is laughable.

selyoink
02-13-2007, 08:56 PM
Ferrero's peak was greater than Moya's. Moya may have been more successful for a longer period than Ferrero but at his best his results are not as good as Ferrero's. Moya seems to do his best at the non-slam events. While Ferrero had better results at slams and TMS events but less success at the smaller events.

Bilbo
02-13-2007, 09:03 PM
I gotta say Moya

Sjengster
02-13-2007, 10:18 PM
I say ventaja Ferrero, but not by much. Moya has seemingly greater longevity and consistency, and had two periods of peak form several years apart whereas Ferrero seems unlikely ever to come close to his years as an elite player from 01-03. But while their best results at the Slams are basically identical (both won RG, both made a final of one hardcourt Slam and the semis of another, both made the last 16 at Wimbledon), Ferrero has four straight SFs and two finals at RG while Moya only made the last four there once, when he won it in 98. Obviously one could attribute that to injuries during what should have been his best years, but even after his comeback in 02 he only managed two QF showings at RG.

I'm not quite sure what on earth Deivid's reasoning has to do with their career achievements, but heigh-ho.

Voo de Mar
02-13-2007, 10:32 PM
Is tought to say because Ferrero is almost four years younger. We need to wait until both players will finished their careers. So far they are pretty close to equal, like Deb!. said a couple posts earlier.

ChinoRios4Ever
02-13-2007, 10:37 PM
good question...

let's see when both retired...

Fedex
02-14-2007, 06:52 AM
I think Moya has had the better career, due to better consistency. Ferrero could have had the better career, but he didn't take advantage of his oppurtunities, and he also had some unfortunate injuries.

Deivid23
02-14-2007, 07:04 AM
I'm not quite sure what on earth Deivid's reasoning has to do with their career achievements, but heigh-ho.

It´s simple, mine was a different approach as both guys´achievements are very close to give any of them a clear edge. But if I had to choose I´d rather had been Moya than JCF as a tennis player. Moya, as the gentleman he is, is well respected throughout the world and by most of the other players. Ferrero, as I said, is just a tool.

Ferrero Forever
02-14-2007, 07:57 AM
If people want to wait until they are both retired to talk about this, then I hope we will be waiting a hell of a long time, because to lose either of them will be a major loss for the sport.

I think they're careers have both been amazing, it's probably hard to seperate the two, Moya's had more wins, but JC's have been during grand slams and TMS and whatever. And JC will be back in the top 10 soon, so given that JC is a few years younger than Moya, provided they both remain injury free, I think JC will win a few more big titles before he's through, and therefore his career ultimately will be better than Moya's.

Seneca
02-14-2007, 08:08 AM
Ferrero's peak was definitely higher than Moya's but the way he tumbled out of the top ten in 2004, seemingly never to return makes me give the edge to Moya. If JC can pull out a late career revival with some serious damage in RG/Indian Wells/wherever then he might be the one coming on top. Recent trends continuing, Moya will have had bigger impact in tennis folklore.

Burrow
02-14-2007, 11:27 AM
Moya at his best would roll over Ferrero. The stats edge it to Moya, but I reckon it will end up equal, if Ferrero has a successful run at the end of his career, he will edge it out because I think I can rule out moya for doing anything. He still has the game but doesnt seem to give a monkeys.