mathematically till when is fed's no 1 position assured?? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

mathematically till when is fed's no 1 position assured??

abhinav_shaan
02-13-2007, 10:47 AM
can someone do the math..

wanna see if he can break graf's record

CmonAussie
02-13-2007, 10:50 AM
can someone do the math..

wanna see if he can break graf's record

:wavey:
I`m pretty sure his ranking is assured until Wimby;)

oz_boz
02-13-2007, 11:13 AM
Graf's record of 186 straight weeks isn't mathematically safe for Fed; he will make 161 weeks on top on Feb 26th, which means that he needs another 26 weeks - half a year - to surpass Steffi. From now until then he roughly has Dubai F+IW+Miami+Halle+Wimbly+finals at RG, MC and Rome+Toronto+US Open adding up to roughly 5300 points, while his lead over Nadal is 3345 points. So if Roger gets injured until September, and Nadal defends his hc and clay points while knocked out in R1 in Wimbly and RG, Steffi will still have the record. Pretty unlikely scenario though. ;)

I guess Fed won't be mathematically guaranteed of 187 straight weeks before Halle.

gomarray
02-13-2007, 01:19 PM
I did the Math, and it looks like the earliest Nadal could possibly become No. 1is after Hamburg. This is highly unlikely, as it would involve Federer getting injured and being out of action until then and Nadal would have to play tournaments every week and win them all, but there is still a tiny chance.

This means Federer is guaranteed at least 172 weeks at No. 1.