Ivo Karlovic defeats Guillermo Garcia-Lopez 6-3 7-6(7) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Ivo Karlovic defeats Guillermo Garcia-Lopez 6-3 7-6(7)

ASP0315
02-12-2007, 07:29 PM
Karlovic returns from "injury" :lol: :devil:
Well Done :yeah:

Deathless Mortal
02-12-2007, 07:30 PM
:haha:

gusman890
02-12-2007, 07:39 PM
go ivo :smoke:

ASP0315
02-12-2007, 07:42 PM
He could possible meet Blake on thursday. It will good chance for Revenge for his loss to him at Las Vega Semi finals last year. :)

Deathless Mortal
02-12-2007, 07:43 PM
Ivo to beat Blake?

ASP0315
02-12-2007, 07:45 PM
Ivo to beat Blake?

I'm betting all of my v-cash on Ivo if he plays Blake.

ljubicic_
02-12-2007, 08:01 PM
OMG i as a huge supporter of Croatian tennisers didn't even know that he was playing today

Good win Karlo, glad that you recoverd from you're "injury"

with this win you will probably be back in top 100 so you may loose against Blake

ljubicic_
02-12-2007, 08:02 PM
I'm betting all of my v-cash on Ivo if he plays Blake.

W#ould you also bet al you're real money on Ivo when he takes out Blake?

RickDaStick
02-12-2007, 08:03 PM
Karlovic beating Blake is not out of the question. If Ivo even just has an average serve day he will still most likely find himself in the tiebreak and from there its anyones game.

Andre'sNo1Fan
02-12-2007, 08:43 PM
Wow, it saddens me that such an poor player like Karlovic can have a half decent career just because he can serve. Its ridiculous.

stebs
02-12-2007, 08:47 PM
Wow, it saddens me that such an poor player like Karlovic can have a half decent career just because he can serve. Its ridiculous.

His serve means that he is not a poor player.

Andre'sNo1Fan
02-12-2007, 08:50 PM
His serve means that he is not a poor player.
No, he can hardly string 2 groundstrokes together. That means he has very little tennis talent.

El Legenda
02-12-2007, 09:00 PM
No, he can hardly string 2 groundstrokes together. That means he has very little tennis talent.

he can serve and volley pretty good, which he does most of time...so S&V players dont really need to string any groundstrokes

ASP0315
02-12-2007, 09:02 PM
W#ould you also bet al you're real money on Ivo when he takes out Blake?

Betting isn't allowed in the US. :devil:
No. I'm not a gambling addict. Betting is addictive and it can kill your life. So i never ever gamble my money( even on Federer. :lol: )

Some of your croatians mates are angry. But finiancials issues are common disputes. Even Ancic didn't play in Zagreb due to didsputes over appearence money. :)

ASP0315
02-12-2007, 09:06 PM

Because he cannot afford coaches like Brad Gilbert or Darren cahill plus he is not rich person like Agassi or Roddick. If you so interested in criticizing him why don't you get him coach and pay the coaching expenses.

Andre'sNo1Fan
02-12-2007, 09:11 PM
Because he cannot afford coaches like Brad Gilbert or Darren cahill plus he is not rich person like Agassi or Roddick. If you so interested in criticizing him why don't you get him coach and pay the coaching expenses.
Erm, its because he doesn't have the talent. A coach will only take you so far you know.

SwiSha
02-12-2007, 09:20 PM

Ivos tennis skillz are limited ..there is no challenge for great coaches..btw i think he had a good coach in the past..can t remember his name though

ASP0315
02-12-2007, 09:23 PM
Erm, its because he doesn't have the talent. A coach will only take you so far you know.

He doesn't have any Talent. WTF are talking about. You would have said the same thing to Federer in 2000. Karlovic got a god given talent which is his serve and volley. I'm sure he would demolished Wimbledon like Federer if he had a good proffesional coach like Brad Gilbert or Tony Roche. Wait for him he will come out firing at Wimbeldon or even as earlier as RG. :devil:

SwiSha
02-12-2007, 09:24 PM
He doesn't have any Talent. WTF are talking about. You would have said the same thing to Federer in 2000. Karlovic got a god given talent which is his serve and volley. I'm sure he would demolished Wimbledon like Federer if he had a good proffesional coach like Brad Gilbert or Tony Roche. Wait for him he will come out firing at Wimbeldon or even as earlier as RG. :devil:

even the croat fans would tell you this

you need to stop smoking...

Andre'sNo1Fan
02-12-2007, 09:26 PM
:haha: Please tell me you're kiding with this statement.

Jim Jones
In Swiss team Bastl also did not play due to 'poor form' But he is in qualifying round in a tournament this week and he won 2 rounds. It is due to money dispute with Swiss federation. As for Karlovic it does not matter since I doubt that he would have played any of the live ties.

ASP0315
Ivos tennis skillz are limited ..there is no challenge for great coaches..btw i think he had a good coach in the past..can t remember his name though

tempoary coach Tarik Benhabiles. Now Tarik is coaching Benjy beck. tarik got Karlo got into top 50.(from top 100) and great results on clay including victories against Davydenko and Tommy haas. But he freak injury at queens which sidelined for most of the season.

ASP0315
02-12-2007, 09:33 PM
In Swiss team Bastl also did not play due to 'poor form' But he is in qualifying round in a tournament this week and he won 2 rounds. It is due to money dispute with Swiss federation. As for Karlovic it does not matter since I doubt that he would have played any of the live ties.

George Bastl has even horrible ATP record than Karlovic. :lol: He lost to Mahut today in marsielle qualies. I doubt he would have won any ties.
But your team fought very hard. I really admired thier fight. :yeah:

Deivid23
02-12-2007, 10:04 PM
Betting is addictive and it can kill your life.

All gamblers are zombies/yunkies, well said

gusman890
02-12-2007, 10:14 PM
Karlovic has more talent then federer in his right pinkey, but only his pinkey.

where as federer has his whole body..notice the difference in rankings ;)

yakuzaninja
02-12-2007, 10:15 PM
Karlovic is talented because having a good serve is a talent, no question. It's probably the most difficult shot to execute in the game

if he had a forehand he'd be a top ten player!

stebs
02-13-2007, 08:21 AM

No it doesn't. His big serve and decent volley are his talents. A good serve is just as much of a talent as a nice forehand.

oz_boz
02-13-2007, 08:21 AM

You should be happy he is playing now and not in the 90's. The faster surfaces of then would probably have made him even more lethal.

Besides, serving is a tennis talent. ;)

jazar
02-13-2007, 08:23 AM
karlovic is breaking serve a suprising amount of times this season. that was only his 7th breaker of the season

Apemant
02-13-2007, 08:23 AM
It is true that Karlo's strength lies in his serve, and that his serve is awesome primarily because of his height. Whereas Roddick has that booming serve because he developed an outstanding technique, Karlo would probably be a mediocre server if he was the same height as Andy. Also, endless ace-fests tend to be rather boring on their own, yes. That much I can agree with A#1f.

But, I don't have a problem with that. Why is that 'ridiculous'? It's not that we have dozens of guys like him, with just serve and nothing else. It's not that he actually dominates men's tour. It's not that we have to watch him all the time. It's not that he's in the media's focus.

So he is an anomaly. In my book, anomalies are always welcome, as they add diversity and depth. People need to adapt, and freaks of nature like Karlo force them to do so. They (the opposition) need to develop flexibility at returns, they need to nourish patience (you MUST be patient when playing Karlo), et cetera. All in all, having guys like Karlo is not bad for tennis, on the contrary. It is very good for the game. If tennis was just long rally after long rally, THEN it would bore me to death. Very soon you'd see all the combinations possible and then you could just pull a Beavis: aww, this sucks; switch the channel. :haha:

Minotaur
02-13-2007, 08:32 AM
Karlo is of course an average player but he also wants his piece of pie... who doesn't?

It's not his fault players like GGL lose to him... He just does what he can.

Blue Heart24
02-13-2007, 08:38 AM
Blake is a great returner.Ivo would have to serve amazing,only to have a chance,cause he has 0% chance in rallies against James.
I hope for an miracle!