Is It True? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Is It True?

Iván
02-12-2007, 01:45 PM
That Radek Stephanek did not register in time for the Marseille Open and had to play Qaulifiers yesterday?

If so.............

Very unprofessional

Snowwy
02-12-2007, 02:11 PM
Its true

jazar
02-12-2007, 03:10 PM
he was so busy having sex with martina that he completely forgot his tennis career

gusman890
02-12-2007, 03:12 PM
but hes in the main draw, so thats all that matters.

CooCooCachoo
02-12-2007, 03:13 PM
That Radek Stephanek did not register in time for the Marseille Open and had to play Qaulifiers yesterday?

If so.............

Very unprofessional

Well, he may have not originally intended to play.

What is worse is that Marcos Baghdatis has a contract with the ABN/AMRO World Tennis Tournament and had to play this year, but was too late and now might use up a WC :rolleyes: Now that is unprofessional.

Truc
02-12-2007, 03:27 PM
I completely agree, the "WC abuse" is much more annoying and unprofessional. Benneteau didn't enter Marseille in time either and got a WC although his ranking was high enough to enter the maindraw. I don't get how you can miss the deadline for your local tournament.

I don't see the problem with Stepanek playing the qualies. It's rather nice, actually, some players wouldn't do that.

Iván
02-12-2007, 03:35 PM
I dont think any player would want to play 2 extra matches before a tourny like Marseille.

Thats why its unprofessional.

But on the other hand Radek might of wanted to get some match practice on the court since he had been out quite a long time .

Guybrush
02-12-2007, 03:36 PM
he was so busy having sex with martina that he completely forgot his tennis career

It's a very good exuse! http://www.forum.hr/images/smilies/Sex.gif

Mistaflava
02-12-2007, 04:38 PM
Sex with Martina is definitely more important than Tennis...whats wrong with you idiots?

kindablue
02-12-2007, 04:47 PM
Well, he may have not originally intended to play.

What is worse is that Marcos Baghdatis has a contract with the ABN/AMRO World Tennis Tournament and had to play this year, but was too late and now might use up a WC :rolleyes: Now that is unprofessional.

Marcos is not playing ABN/AMRO !
And you have to understand that Marcos never got a WC in his early career
coming from a small country without any influence!

kindablue
02-12-2007, 04:48 PM
Sex with Martina is definitely more important than Tennis...whats wrong with you idiots?

:lol: :yeah:

CooCooCachoo
02-12-2007, 04:56 PM
Marcos is not playing ABN/AMRO !
And you have to understand that Marcos never got a WC in his early career
coming from a small country without any influence!

He might get a WC. I hope he doesn't.

kindablue
02-12-2007, 05:00 PM
He might get a WC. I hope he doesn't.

Don't worry, he will not!

uglyamerican
02-12-2007, 05:04 PM
This seems to happen more often than is reasonable.

Question: how exactly do the players sign up for the tournaments? I'm sure the big boys have people who do it for them. But with all the mistakes, I'd rather do it personally.

Balerion
02-12-2007, 05:16 PM
Last year there was talk of Andy Roddick playing qualies at Delray Beach (or what it a different one - I don't remember) but only under certain conditions, which I also don't remember, but which were not met. Hopefully someone has a better memory than me, but he definitely was going to play and then angrily pulled out at the last moment....but it would have been quite a rare sight to see a top 10 player in qualies.

alfonsojose
02-12-2007, 05:34 PM
Martina :devil: you b*tch

CooCooCachoo
02-12-2007, 05:35 PM
Don't worry, he will not!

;)

But it is a breach of contract from his side anyway. And he also needed a WC in Zagreb, so it is quite possible he'll get one.

kindablue
02-12-2007, 06:26 PM
;)

But it is a breach of contract from his side anyway. And he also needed a WC in Zagreb, so it is quite possible he'll get one.

Well, I 'm not sure anymore. He was supposed to stop in Cyprus on his way to
Dubai after Marseille. I don't know if he changed his mind!

johnnyCanuck
02-12-2007, 06:38 PM
I completely agree, the "WC abuse" is much more annoying and unprofessional. Benneteau didn't enter Marseille in time either and got a WC although his ranking was high enough to enter the maindraw. I don't get how you can miss the deadline for your local tournament.

I don't see the problem with Stepanek playing the qualies. It's rather nice, actually, some players wouldn't do that.

I completely agree with you. I think it says a lot about Stepanek that he was willing to enter qualifying instead of demanding a WC

MrExcel
02-12-2007, 07:24 PM
Last year there was talk of Andy Roddick playing qualies at Delray Beach (or what it a different one - I don't remember) but only under certain conditions, which I also don't remember, but which were not met. Hopefully someone has a better memory than me, but he definitely was going to play and then angrily pulled out at the last moment....but it would have been quite a rare sight to see a top 10 player in qualies.

I think Roddick expected to get a wildcard after his early Aussie Open loss to Baghdatis, but Agassi had already arranged for his good friend Sargis Sargsian (who had already retired) to have the last wildcard instead.

So Roddick was going to play qualies. They were going to delay the main draw so that, should he qualify, he could still be seeded, but then he decided not to anyway!

JMG
02-12-2007, 07:25 PM
I completely agree with you. I think it says a lot about Stepanek that he was willing to enter qualifying instead of demanding a WC

Maybe he asked for a WC and didn't get one.

IDJ49
02-12-2007, 07:32 PM
I think Roddick expected to get a wildcard after his early Aussie Open loss to Baghdatis, but Agassi had already arranged for his good friend Sargis Sargsian (who had already retired) to have the last wildcard instead.

So Roddick was going to play qualies. They were going to delay the main draw so that, should he qualify, he could still be seeded, but then he decided not to anyway!

If I remember correctly Andy knew that he couldn't get a wildcard and he was thinking about entering qualies. The tournament organizers announced to the press that he would be entering qualies before he actually agreed to it and that ticked him off so he decided to forget the whole thing.

CooCooCachoo
02-13-2007, 09:44 AM
Well, I 'm not sure anymore. He was supposed to stop in Cyprus on his way to
Dubai after Marseille. I don't know if he changed his mind!

He gets a WC for Rotterdam :) http://abnamrowtt.nl/nieuwsdetail.aspx?SN=273